Do you perceive PS4 and Sony as Japanese product/company?

• 54 results
Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Hmm compared to the Xbox I see them as more Japanese, yes. Since forever I've seen Final Fantasies and Kingdom Hearts on the PS whereas I'd only see spunkgargleweewee on the Xbox platforms.

Come to think of it I may just see the PS as a more international platform, while the Xbox is just a North American platform in my eyes. Here in Spain it's all PlayStation.

Out of the three the Nintendo consoles are the ones I most see as Japanese, really.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19574 Posts
@Kashiwaba said:

@Jag85: Hasn't always been like this?

Germany best quality but expensive but japan offer something with a good quality but cheaper.

In the past, Germany led the luxury market, while Japan led the sports and family markets, so Japan had the edge overall. Nowadays, Germany has the edge over Japan in all three markets. The Japanese automobile industry has been declining, but it's second only to Germany and still ahead of America.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19574 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

Come to think of it I may just see the PS as a more international platform, while the Xbox is just a North American platform in my eyes. Here in Spain it's all PlayStation.

Sony in general has the image of an international company, whereas Microsoft has the image of an American company.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

The basic features and parts were designed by an American. The physical look of the console was developed by the Japanese.