Do you own a Switch? Plan on getting one?

• 118 results
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Black96Z said:

As much as i would love to buy one right now it is not in my best interest at the moment. I have been having a hard time getting through games this year due to having a second kid last Jan. My game time at night is now spent taking care of her.

Congrats! You'll never regret this time you get with her at this age.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

If Nintendo proves me somehow theyll support Switch till the very end with exclusive after exclusive and only when this handheld that plays on TV, since thats how im playing games and that what really is, will cost half price i might consider buying one. Otherwise, i can live without a nintendo "console" for another generation. Renting one is good enough for the 4-5 games i want to play max per generation.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@shellcase86: Thanks!

oldcharlie55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 oldcharlie55
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

I was interested in the Switch when it came out but wanted to wait and see if it would be successful. I bought one in October and considering the 225 or so hours spent playing Breath of the Wild I have no regrets. Although I have been primarily a PC gamer since the 1980's I had friends who owned Nintendo consoles and I always liked the fact that Nintendo seems to be the one console maker that remembers that games are supposed to be fun.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

No and no.Not interesting with Nintendo games anymore.

PS4 is the only console i need.....with the best games.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

No and no.Not interesting with Nintendo games anymore.

PS4 is the only console i need.....with the best games.

If games were movie games, this statement would be true.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No.. Unless Bayonetta 3 is so freaking great that I have to buy it.. Like i did with Wii-U for 1 freaking game ( Bayonetta 2) lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

I have considered buying one. But not anytime soon.

I already have a N2DSXL which i got recently this past summer (for me and my GF), and my XB1X is keeping me busy. I also kept my OG XB1 in our bedroom. They're more than enough for me. I just don't have the time for another console.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Not yet. Just waiting on the eventual redesign or for them to announce a switch version of Super Smash Bros.

Metroid Prime 4 might also entice me to pick up one too. Or an announcement for some of the most anticipated games I've been waiting on for so long (F-Zero, Rogue Squadron, Battalion Wars, or any of there past non-party type IP's they've been neglecting all these years)...

MarioFan264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#110  Edited By MarioFan264
Member since 2004 • 1025 Posts

I got one and Super Mario Odyssey for Christmas, but I am not really on the Switch bandwagon necessarily. So far its (exclusive) output is rather mediocre, with Odyssey being the only Switch-exclusive title of interest to me. Already played BoTW and Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U. It sucks that Nintendo banked so hard on those titles to make the system successful. It makes the library feel empty for me, whereas non-Wii U owners don't have to feel that way.

The future for the system is also unbelievably sparse for me right now as well. And the online system going back to Friend Codes when the Wii U had usernames, and now the online becoming a paid service just really sucks. By the time any NEW games come out worth playing online we'll have to pay, and Nintendo's online services have never been anywhere near worth paying for.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Black96Z said:

@shellcase86: Thanks!

The first is a girl, too?

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@shellcase86: yes i have 2 girls. My oldest will be 3 next month and my little one just turned 1 today.

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

I just picked one up over the Christmas holidays and I really like it a lot! I only have 3 games, BoTW, Mario Odyssey and NBA 2K18 so far but all are fun and the little hand held impressed me. I was looking for something to replace my aging Vita. I strictly play it in hand-held mode as it looks like crap to me in docked mode in my situation but that's what I got it for anyways. I'm excited to see that the Bayonetta games are coming out for it!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@mobius_basic: I use it in docked mode on my monitor and not my 4k TV. It helps but playing with my ps4 controller on it is so much better than the joycons

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

@stereointegrity Yep you nailed it and that's my issue. I have a 80" 4k TV in my gaming room and the switch looked horrible on it. My gaming PC monitor probably wouldn't fair any better as it's a 34" curved ultrawide at 3440x1440. It's fine though because I really only intended to use it as a portable anyways. Games look great on the Switch's screen. I was really impressed with the graphics across the 3 games I own. I wasn't sure how NBA2k would look but it is fantastic for a portable!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@mobius_basic said:

@stereointegrity Yep you nailed it and that's my issue. I have a 80" 4k TV in my gaming room and the switch looked horrible on it. My gaming PC monitor probably wouldn't fair any better as it's a 34" curved ultrawide at 3440x1440. It's fine though because I really only intended to use it as a portable anyways. Games look great on the Switch's screen. I was really impressed with the graphics across the 3 games I own. I wasn't sure how NBA2k would look but it is fantastic for a portable!

i wanted to pick it up but ended up getting mario kart instead. has to be the best looking switch game and in portable mode i was really impressed with the ips screen.

80"4k haha damn dude im only rocking a 65" sony. help me im poor

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Got one in early december. Well worth it just for Zelda and Mario, though the ports seem to have been done correctly for the most part. Just wish Skyrim and Doom weren't 60 dollars on release.

xBlackErrthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xBlackErrthing
Member since 2017 • 97 Posts

I def want one, but not right now. Too many other things Id rather drop 300+ on.

Bronxs15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Bronxs15
Member since 2017 • 123 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

Bayonetta is not really like God of War. It is more like Devil May Cry

I’ll just that bayonetta ruined god of war 3 for me last gen.

unfortun for god of war 3 on PS3 , I came to it right after playing bayonetta on 360. And my god, by comparison to bayonetta, controlling kratos felt As clunky as Marcus in gears! Playing god of war 3 after bayonetta felt like dull button mashing. Just going thru the motions but secretly thinking about Witch time.