Do you expect the Xbox 720 to flop? [w/ poll]

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

cant wait to play 1080P youstar, people are way underestimating Kinect 2.0. Casuals will love it, love the Siri intergration, its going to be good. Sorry guys the 720 isnt losing its market share, or next gen.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Polls should pretty much be removed from SW. Are their any cows out there who are really going to vote "No"? Isn't this poll more indicitve of how many cows, lemmings, sheep, and hermits are on line right now?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
No, because nothing has been shown yet. Same question can be asked of the PS4. They should a view games and some specs that could change if it costs Sony $800 to make the system. You really can't make any judgement on either systems until they are actually launched into the market.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Polls should pretty much be removed from SW. Are their any cows out there who are really going to vote "No"? Isn't this poll more indicitve of how many cows, lemmings, sheep, and hermits are on line right now?

StormyJoe
Pretty much. SW is like 90% Hermit and Cows anyways. I have seen a few more lems come back from their 2 week vacation of playing games. Still, there are definitely a lot fewer lems on this forum then there are even sheep.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

[QUOTE="Bren128"] lol not sure if serious. Ms wins in arcade games otherwise its all ps3. Uncharted 2 LBP MGS4 GOW 3 Uncharted 3 The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection LBP2 MLB 10 The show GOW Collection KZ2 MLB 11 Demon Souls Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Uncharted: Drake's Fortune MLB 13 Heavy Rain MLB 12 Wipeout HD Resistance 2 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Valkyria Chronicles Resistance: Fall of Man Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch The Sly Collection mlb 08 Super Stardust HD inFamous MotorStorm God of War Origins Collection Killzone 3 Gran Turismo 5 Warhawk Resistance 3 Ratchet & Clank Collection inFamous 2 ModNation Racers MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Jak and Daxter Collection Buzz! Quiz World Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Buzz! Quiz TV God of War: Ascension Gran Turismo 5 Prologue StrongDeadlift
This made me lol :D: MLB 08 The show MLB 09 The show (which you didnt include, even though its 90) MLB 10 The show MLB 11 The show MLB 12 The show MLB 13 The show The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection GOW Collection The Sly Collection God of War Origins Collection Ratchet & Clank Collection Jak and Daxter Collection These games are not exclusives. That, and, lol @ 6 of the games on the list being MLB the show (you didnt even include 09 even though its AAA), and 6 of them being ports of PS2 games. You need to learn the definition of exclusive. Also, is there a reason you included Super Stardust HD, a PSN title, in that list :?

It DOESN'T change the fact those games are NOT on 360 or any other platforms, non-Playstation related.

That's like saying LoZ OoT is NOT a Nintendo-console related exclusive, because it was ONLY on N64, despite other iterations of it, especially on GC, 3DS. LoZ will NEVER be on any other platforms outside Nintendo-related consoles. Same concept can be applied with Playstation-related platforms.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

[QUOTE="Bren128"] lol not sure if serious. Ms wins in arcade games otherwise its all ps3. Uncharted 2 LBP MGS4 GOW 3 Uncharted 3 The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection LBP2 MLB 10 The show GOW Collection KZ2 MLB 11 Demon Souls Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Uncharted: Drake's Fortune MLB 13 Heavy Rain MLB 12 Wipeout HD Resistance 2 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Valkyria Chronicles Resistance: Fall of Man Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch The Sly Collection mlb 08 Super Stardust HD inFamous MotorStorm God of War Origins Collection Killzone 3 Gran Turismo 5 Warhawk Resistance 3 Ratchet & Clank Collection inFamous 2 ModNation Racers MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Jak and Daxter Collection Buzz! Quiz World Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Buzz! Quiz TV God of War: Ascension Gran Turismo 5 Prologue StrongDeadlift
This made me lol :D: MLB 08 The show MLB 09 The show (which you didnt include, even though its 90) MLB 10 The show MLB 11 The show MLB 12 The show MLB 13 The show The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection GOW Collection The Sly Collection God of War Origins Collection Ratchet & Clank Collection Jak and Daxter Collection These games are not exclusives. That, and, lol @ 6 of the games on the list being MLB the show (you didnt even include 09 even though its AAA), and 6 of them being ports of PS2 games. You need to learn the definition of exclusive. Also, is there a reason you included Super Stardust HD, a PSN title, in that list :?

Uh their not on a rival console and the only thing thats the same about those games on the PS2 and PSP is the name, but thats ok you can take those games off. Ps3 still wins by 30 LOL Also the 360 list is composed of halo, gears, and forza :). That made me LOL

lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Nope. It'll do well in NA pretty sure of that.

Will it exceed 360 success? That's yet to be seen.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Well this thread is going to be unbiased with the amount of Sony fan alt accounts on system wars atm :roll:

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I expect it to sell a lot worse than Xbox 360, but Microsoft will probably be able to right the ship at some point. Same with Nintendo and WiiU. PS4 is the system I expect to sell poorly (see: Vita, PSP Go, Playstation Move, Xperia Play).
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I don't think it will "flop", however, I don't think it will do as well as MS and their cohorts expect it to do. Similar to PS3. It's not flop, just didn't perform as well as expected.

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#112 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts
flop floppity flop, floptastic
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts
I don't expect the next box to flop, but the Lemmings they're stuck in a loop vacuum of constant flopping. Just flop after flop after flop. FLOP!!!!!
insanem0nk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 insanem0nk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Not sure, I think it MIGHT, but we have to wait for the specs to come out. This much I know, Halo wont be a selling factor even though it was a major dealbreaker with xbox and xbox360 release. 343 is going to ruin the landmark franchise, and ppl are already jumping ship. That's not to say playstation has better exclusives, the best games have always been multi-platform, but it just comes down to other factors. Plus H5 wont be coming on release, H5 supposed to come in 2015, and no ones going to rush to buy a$500 nextbox just to get an h2 anniversary edition. it DOES look like ps4 has an edge on them now, but theyre being quiet. who knows what Microsoft is up to...they have a hold on the PC gaming aspect as well, so I dont see why they dont use that to their advantage
insanem0nk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#115 insanem0nk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
but I do think that 720 and ps4 will become way more successful than the current gen, considering wiiU is pretty much a nonfactor haha the sony fanboys in this thread are so misguided. they're still trapped in the past, you're still fighting an 8 year old console war lol wait until the next gen consoles come out, then u can nerdfight to your fanboy's content
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

:twisted: It will flop harder than pancakes at IHOP.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Its name already made sure it won't flop. Not sales wise, not in service.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="Bren128"] lol not sure if serious. Ms wins in arcade games otherwise its all ps3. Uncharted 2 LBP MGS4 GOW 3 Uncharted 3 The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection LBP2 MLB 10 The show GOW Collection KZ2 MLB 11 Demon Souls Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Uncharted: Drake's Fortune MLB 13 Heavy Rain MLB 12 Wipeout HD Resistance 2 Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Valkyria Chronicles Resistance: Fall of Man Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch The Sly Collection mlb 08 Super Stardust HD inFamous MotorStorm God of War Origins Collection Killzone 3 Gran Turismo 5 Warhawk Resistance 3 Ratchet & Clank Collection inFamous 2 ModNation Racers MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Jak and Daxter Collection Buzz! Quiz World Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Buzz! Quiz TV God of War: Ascension Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Bren128

Uh their not on a rival console and the only thing thats the same about those games on the PS2 and PSP is the name, but thats ok you can take those games off. Ps3 still wins by 30 LOL Also the 360 list is composed of halo, gears, and forza :). That made me LOL

uh oh company exclusives? than well have to start counting pc/360 games since its a Microsoft OS. Frankly when you start using gamespot scores ill have a discussion till than ill keep laughing as you move the goal posts. bubububu the metacritic bubububub only AA and above games count.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

It was actually quite good. It came in 2nd place, no matter how hard cows try to deny it.

StrongDeadlift

2nd place in games. :cool:

This is correct. 360 did come 2nd place in total retail games (with 952) to the Wii's 1221. Even third place, if you count the PC. But we all know what system came in dead last, the PS3 :cool:

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#120 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

360 was the better console this gen.

Primordialous

It was for the first 3-4 years. After that it became a joke.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#121 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

It's hard to judge now but if the rumors are true then I think Microsoft is in some trouble.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts
[QUOTE="Bren128"]

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] This made me lol :D: MLB 08 The show MLB 09 The show (which you didnt include, even though its 90) MLB 10 The show MLB 11 The show MLB 12 The show MLB 13 The show The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection GOW Collection The Sly Collection God of War Origins Collection Ratchet & Clank Collection Jak and Daxter Collection These games are not exclusives. That, and, lol @ 6 of the games on the list being MLB the show (you didnt even include 09 even though its AAA), and 6 of them being ports of PS2 games. You need to learn the definition of exclusive. Also, is there a reason you included Super Stardust HD, a PSN title, in that list :?WilliamRLBaker

uh oh company exclusives? than well have to start counting pc/360 games since its a Microsoft OS. Frankly when you start using gamespot scores ill have a discussion till than ill keep laughing as you move the goal posts. bubububu the metacritic bubububub only AA and above games count.

ha, ok. PS3 wins regardless. We can use Gs if youd like. Just using metacritic because it gives an average of major reviewers. Regardless.......Sly cooper, Gow, Ni No Kuni already this year. There is no argument PS3 is winning in the exclusives department. But But bu the Multiplats and games from 06 lol
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

No. Because System Wars represents a microscopic amount of gamers.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
Will be again second on console war next gen. I dont think thats a flop.