[Digital Foundry] Quantum Break on Xbox X = 1440p base resolution + low frame rate + screen tearing

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20126 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

@commander: You’re wrong dude. GTX 1070 actually runs the game at 1440p/50fps unlike the 1440p/25fps XboneX. The GTX 1070 can also run the game at acceptable frame rates in 4K unlike the XboneX. To top it off QB is running at mostly low PC settings on the XboneX and still struggling. The damn thing is nowhere near GTX 1070 performance levels.

This and Forza 7 demo prove the XboneX is around the GTX 1060 level.

I'm not wrong. The xboxone version is actually close to pc ultra settings, the xboxone x has increased AF on top of that (which the pc version doesn't have). The titan xp runs it at 1440p and 60 fps with low level anisotropic filtering and that's a 12.1 tflop gpu.

The gtx 1070 is not going to run that at the same quality settings and 4k with acceptable framerates. I think you don't realize what a demanding game quantum break is,

The forza 7 demo has no official comparison benchmark. Df only compared it with forza 6 apex, that's not really the same thing.

This video compares OG Xbone to PC and shows that OG Xbone is set to lowest selectable settings on PC.... whether or not those settings make much of a visual difference is irrelevant.

Remember that DF stated that a side from texture filtering and a resolution jump the game is the same as OG Xbox in terms of settings.

Now can you please explain to me where you get that it's close to Ultra settings?

And while we're at it, here's the STEAM version of the game benchmarked at 1440p with the latest patch and mature drivers at Ultra settings.

Let's look at 4k....

Now you would have noticed the GTX1060 isn't listed but it's easy to work out.... The GTX1070 loses 40% performance moving form 1440p to 4k..... GTX1080ti loses 41%....... GTX1080 loses 41% also...... so it's a pretty consistent drop on Nvidia cards.... So using a 40% drop the average frame rate on a GTX1060 at 4k would be 30fps..... Now remember this is at Ultra settings which is higher performance hog over Xbox-X's low settings (Remember low settings was established in the above DF video)

So at Xbox-X quality settings, on the latest patch and mature drivers a GTX1060 is faster.......... At 4k and Ultra settings the GTX1070 is still 23% faster..... that lead would be closer to 40% faster if the setting were dropped to match Xbox-X's settings.

I feel like bloody Ronbot with these charts but simply put.......you can hope and ream all you like..... it's no where near GTX1070..... heck in this game and at the same settings it's no where near a GTX1060.

Let's also be honest here. It's still better than the pro. It's just not as powerful as some are making it out to be.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

@commander: You’re wrong dude. GTX 1070 actually runs the game at 1440p/50fps unlike the 1440p/25fps XboneX. The GTX 1070 can also run the game at acceptable frame rates in 4K unlike the XboneX. To top it off QB is running at mostly low PC settings on the XboneX and still struggling. The damn thing is nowhere near GTX 1070 performance levels.

I'm not wrong. The xboxone version is actually close to pc ultra settings, the xboxone x has increased AF on top of that (which the pc version doesn't have). The titan xp runs it at 1440p and 60 fps with low level anisotropic filtering and that's a 12.1 tflop gpu.

The gtx 1070 is not going to run that at the same quality settings and 4k with acceptable framerates. I think you don't realize what a demanding game quantum break is,

The forza 7 demo has no official comparison benchmark. Df only compared it with forza 6 apex, that's not really the same thing.

This video compares OG Xbone to PC and shows that OG Xbone is set to lowest selectable settings on PC.... whether or not those settings make much of a visual difference is irrelevant.

Remember that DF stated that a side from texture filtering and a resolution jump the game is the same as OG Xbox in terms of settings.

Now can you please explain to me where you get that it's close to Ultra settings?

And while we're at it, here's the STEAM version of the game benchmarked at 1440p with the latest patch and mature drivers at Ultra settings.

Let's look at 4k....

Now you would have noticed the GTX1060 isn't listed but it's easy to work out.... The GTX1070 loses 40% performance moving form 1440p to 4k..... GTX1080ti loses 41%....... GTX1080 loses 41% also...... so it's a pretty consistent drop on Nvidia cards.... So using a 40% drop the average frame rate on a GTX1060 at 4k would be 30fps..... Now remember this is at Ultra settings which is higher performance hog over Xbox-X's low settings (Remember low settings was established in the above DF video)

So at Xbox-X quality settings, on the latest patch and mature drivers a GTX1060 is faster.......... At 4k and Ultra settings the GTX1070 is still 23% faster..... that lead would be closer to 40% faster if the setting were dropped to match Xbox-X's settings.

I feel like bloody Ronbot with these charts but simply put.......you can hope and ream all you like..... it's no where near GTX1070..... heck in this game and at the same settings it's no where near a GTX1060.

Let's also be honest here. It's still better than the pro. It's just not as powerful as some are making it out to be.

Yes it's faster then Pro....... at least you get it!!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Zero_epyon: I don’t think there was ever any doubt the XboneX is more powerful than the Pro. It costs $100 more and is releasing a year later, it would be embarrassing for MS if it wasn’t.

The problem here is rabid lems like Wrongvalencia spreading false info that it can hang with high end PC GPUs like the GTX 1070, which is a straight up lie. Idiots like Ronbot got overcome with hype before real games were actually shown running on the system and now reality is coming to bite them in the ass.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

If the pc ultra settings are more demanding, it will still save performance because of the low level af. The pc doesn't have any increased af, the xboxone x has.

They said it seemed it was mostly an increase in texture filtering, but to be sure they have to wait for the final release, which pretty much means they didn't analyze it. It's also the reason why I mentioned the xboxone is running close to pc ultra settings, if it's hard to distinguish without extensive testing, they aren't sure at all wether the xboxone x is running more increased detail settings than just af.

They actually left this part out of the written review as well, which says a lot (in the video it starts around 3.05), and just after that they praise the highly detailed models, volumetric lightning and global illumination, which are all detail quality settings.

The benchmarks from techspot don't really matter here, When you compare digital foundry benchmarks with benchmarks from another site, you're warping facts.

according to df the titan xp runs the game at close to max settings with a lock to 60fps, but only at a 1440p resolution with reconstruction active.

That doesn't add up with the benchmarks from techspot, which means they use much less demanding scenario's to bench, or some other reason. I have seen this discrepancy all over the internet. It's not like df's benches are not up to date either, the article and the video is from yesterday. Besides, if you would go by techspot benches, the xboxone x has only half the performance of the gtx 1070.

Like I said, the video doesn't really prove anything. There's just to much uncertainty about the detail settings and it kind of inclines more to gtx 1070 performance than 1060, since af is quite a performance penalty.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9555 Posts

@goldenelementxl: you made my week that much better. Dying over here

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By QuadKnight

@commander: You’re so wrong I don’t even know where to begin. I’ll just say whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Scatteh has already proven with the benchmark charts that even the GTX 1060 outperforms the XboneX with PC ultra settings to boot while running at 1440p. GTX 1070 runs the game at 4K/30s Ultra PC settings while the X1X struggles to hit 1440p/30fps at console settings (mostly low with better texture filtering). I don’t know what point you’re trying to prove here but all evidence shows that the X1X can’t hang with the GTX 1070 and even struggles to perform at the GTX 1060’s level.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

If the pc ultra settings are more demanding, it will still save performance because of the low level af. The pc doesn't have any increased af, the xboxone x has.

They said it seemed it was mostly an increase in texture filtering, but to be sure they have to wait for the final release, which pretty much means they didn't analyze it. It's also the reason why I mentioned the xboxone is running close to pc ultra settings, if it's hard to distinguish without extensive testing, they're aren't sure at all wether the xboxone x is running more increased detail settings than just af.

They actually left this part out of the written review as well, which says a lot (in the video it starts around 3.05), and just after that they praise the highly detailed models, volumetric lightning and global illumination, which are all detail quality settings.

The benchmarks from techspot don't really matter here, When you compare digital foundry benchmarks with benchmarks from another site, you're warping facts.

accorinding to df the titan xp runs the game at close to max settings with a lock to 60fps, but only at a 1440p resolution with reconstruction active.

That doesn't add up with the benchmarks from techspot, which means they use much less demanding scenario's to bench, if have seen this discrepancy all over the internet. It's not like df's benches are not up to date either, the article and the video is from yesterday.

Well done for typing out the biggest piece of damage control known to man......

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By commander

@quadknight said:

@commander: You’re so wrong I don’t even know where to begin. I’ll just say whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Scatteh has already proven with the benchmark charts that even the GTX 1060 outperforms the XboneX with PC ultra settings to boot while running at 1440p. GTX 1070 runs the game at 4K/30s Ultra PC settings while the X1X struggles to hit 1440p/30fps at console settings (mostly low with better texture filtering). I don’t know what point you’re trying to prove here but all evidence shows that the X1X can’t hang with the GTX 1070 and even struggles to perform at the GTX 1060’s level.

you're simply ignoring the fact and warping them, if df is saying the titan xp runs the game at close to max settings with a lock to 60fps, but only at a 1440p resolution with reconstruction active.

then why are you basing yourself of benchmarks from another site that show twice the performance, according to those benches the xboxone x runs at the same performance of half the gtx 1070. Of course that's when you're comparing data from two different sources.

This isn't the only site that shows different benchmark scores.

Here the gtx 1070 runs at avg 43 fps on 1080p, that's half the performance of the techspot bench , half with a 8 cores haswell extreme running at 4.7 ghz.

I'm sure those techspot benches are a cows dream come true, but they simply run the game at a less demanding scenario.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

And so it begins....

Loading Video...

Work in progress but so much for dat native 4k stuff.......

It's an early build so frame rate could be sorted out.

GTX 1070 runs it much faster when looking at gameplay videos on YouTube..... but...but....teh Ark Dev said it was like a 1070..

Find me one person on this or any other forum in the Milky Way Galaxy that has claimed Quantum Break would run at a native 4K on the X1X.

If this game was on the PS4 Pro, it wouldn't be able to run smoothly even at 1080p @30 fps.

But you don't want to compare apples to apples. I guess you will have to when Remedy releases their next game which runs on the Quantum Break engine(northlight) and will be cross platform. Of course you don't want to wait for that pwnage so here you are with this happy horse sh*t.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

So if someone else, lets say you, made this thread, it would have been discussion worthy because you wouldn't normally bash MS or put up potentially negative info about Xbox?

I think who creates the topic is valid. A known cow, doesn't have an X1X, doesn't plan on getting an X1X, doesn't like the game mentioned and bashes MS at every turn? Yeah, if I created the topic the purpose wouldn't be to bash but WE know that wasn't his intent. Why are you trying to defend him? Do you really believe he posted this to "inform" the forum?

I'm not defending anyone. I think you're in the wrong place is all. I mean, do you see me going into every negative PS4 or PC thread saying things like "lock this thread because it bashes my preferred platform?" That's literally the point of SW. What do you want, only positive threads to be made?

And lets not kid ourselves. You wouldn't have made this thread. I've never seen you make a thread that's even remotely negative towards MS or Xbox.

Come on dude. SWs has turned into a shit show. This isn't how is used to be. Asking for bashing threads to be locked, especially since it's the same thing over and over and over again, is perfectly acceptable. Stop trying to use "we're in SWs" as an excuse.

So are you also mad at Digital Foundry who analysed the game and reported the findings?

Who is mad? I'm pointing out the obvious and called out a troll thread for what it is. YOU seem to be taking what I say serious. Is this YOUR thread?

I'm tired of the same old shit posting threads and some of YOUR threads are included. Tired =/= mad dude. SWs used to be a fun place but with the same shit day in and day out it's boring and yes you're included. You post the same MS bashing DF threads but seem to "miss" the threads that aren't pro PS4. Think what you want, I still believe these threads should be locked, especially considering the history of the TC.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#211 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I'm not defending anyone. I think you're in the wrong place is all. I mean, do you see me going into every negative PS4 or PC thread saying things like "lock this thread because it bashes my preferred platform?" That's literally the point of SW. What do you want, only positive threads to be made?

And lets not kid ourselves. You wouldn't have made this thread. I've never seen you make a thread that's even remotely negative towards MS or Xbox.

Come on dude. SWs has turned into a shit show. This isn't how is used to be. Asking for bashing threads to be locked, especially since it's the same thing over and over and over again, is perfectly acceptable. Stop trying to use "we're in SWs" as an excuse.

So are you also mad at Digital Foundry who analysed the game and reported the findings?

Who is mad? I'm pointing out the obvious and called out a troll thread for what it is. YOU seem to be taking what I say serious. Is this YOUR thread?

I'm tired of the same old shit posting threads and some of YOUR threads are included. Tired =/= mad dude. SWs used to be a fun place but with the same shit day in and day out it's boring and yes you're included. You post the same MS bashing DF threads but seem to "miss" the threads that aren't pro PS4. Think what you want, I still believe these threads should be locked, especially considering the history of the TC.

Why exactly should the thread be locked?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 commander

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

They said it seemed it was mostly an increase in texture filtering, but to be sure they have to wait for the final release, which pretty much means they didn't analyze it. It's also the reason why I mentioned the xboxone is running close to pc ultra settings, if it's hard to distinguish without extensive testing, they're aren't sure at all wether the xboxone x is running more increased detail settings than just af.

accorinding to df the titan xp runs the game at close to max settings with a lock to 60fps, but only at a 1440p resolution with reconstruction active.

That doesn't add up with the benchmarks from techspot, which means they use much less demanding scenario's to bench, if have seen this discrepancy all over the internet. It's not like df's benches are not up to date either, the article and the video is from yesterday.

two can play that game

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

two can play that game

And self-owned... Lmao...... All you did was prove my point.....hahahaha.....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 QuadKnight

@scatteh316: ? He self-REKT.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

What threads are you talking about? My DF threads? I don't seem to remember you being tired of them when it was about ROTR and others being in native 4K or shown in a positive light. I think you're just tired of seeing anything negative about Xbox, which is a you problem dude. The only reason you want them locked is because they aren't cheerleading Xbox threads. Go to an Xbox forum for that.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 scatteh316

@Xplode_games said:
@scatteh316 said:

And so it begins....

Loading Video...

Work in progress but so much for dat native 4k stuff.......

It's an early build so frame rate could be sorted out.

GTX 1070 runs it much faster when looking at gameplay videos on YouTube..... but...but....teh Ark Dev said it was like a 1070..

Find me one person on this or any other forum in the Milky Way Galaxy that has claimed Quantum Break would run at a native 4K on the X1X.

If this game was on the PS4 Pro, it wouldn't be able to run smoothly even at 1080p @30 fps.

But you don't want to compare apples to apples. I guess you will have to when Remedy releases their next game which runs on the Quantum Break engine(northlight) and will be cross platform. Of course you don't want to wait for that pwnage so here you are with this happy horse sh*t.

Rage to the max!!! I'm sorry the performance results in the video upset you.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 scatteh316

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

I think who creates the topic is valid. A known cow, doesn't have an X1X, doesn't plan on getting an X1X, doesn't like the game mentioned and bashes MS at every turn? Yeah, if I created the topic the purpose wouldn't be to bash but WE know that wasn't his intent. Why are you trying to defend him? Do you really believe he posted this to "inform" the forum?

1. This is the very first thread on QB for Xbox-X so it's not the same as other threads

2. History? I'm no where near the worst offenders who post in SW.

3. And as I've said previously, no one forces you to come in to threads like this and participate in them.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 commander

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

two can play that game

your point cannot be proven, that's what you don't seem to get.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

two can play that game

Dude you have no clue...... You show a benchmark table that shows the game being rendered at NATIVE 4k with Ultra settings as some form off ownage to try and prove Xbox-X with it's NATIVE 1440p and low ass settings is some how better??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........... wait I've not finished laughing yet.........Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........

I've shown all the charts, videos and evidence that proves it's slower then a GTX1060 running same settings and yet you claim my point can't be proven when it already has?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... I know some people have BLIND loyalty but.... my god...... even when evidence is flaunted in your face you still cling to that dream.... Hahahahahahahahahaha......

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By commander

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:

two can play that game

Dude you have no clue...... You show a benchmark table that shows the game being rendered at NATIVE 4k with Ultra settings as some form off ownage to try and prove Xbox-X with it's NATIVE 1440p and low ass settings is some how better??

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........... wait I've not finished laughing yet.........Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.........

I've shown all the charts, videos and evidence that proves it's slower then a GTX1060 running same settings and yet you claim my point can't be proven when it already has?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......... I know some people have BLIND loyalty but.... my god...... even when evidence is flaunted in your face you still cling to that dream.... Hahahahahahahahahaha......

You can hahaha all you want, posting benches with less demanding scenario's is not proving anything.

According to df, the titan xp is running quantum break at 1440p and 60 fps, with detail settings close to max (that means not max). It's even mentioned in the review where you got the video from.

I'm sure pigs will fly if the gtx 1060 is running the same scenario at 50 fps, because that's what your benchmark is saying, heck the titan xp is getting like 75 percent more performance here and this with higher detail settings. Damn digital foundry must be such liars, yet your whole thread is based on their video.

Maybe you should have mentioned this wasn't really a benchmark to benchmark quantum break, but to compare the 1080 ti with other cards, this is after all a benchmark from a 1080ti review.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

You can hahaha all you want, posting benches with less demanding scenario's is not proving anything. Posting videos with 60 views and claiming any sort of credibility is even more ridiculous.

According to df, the titan xp is running quantum break at 1440p and 60 fps, with detail settings close to max (that means not max).

I'm sure pigs will fly if the gtx 1060 is running the same scenario at 50 fps, because that's what your benchmark is saying, heck the titan xp is getting like 75 percent more performance here and this with higher detail settings. Damn digital foundry must be such liars, yet your whole thread is based on their video.

Maybe you should have mentioned this wasn't really a benchmark to benchmark quantum break, but to compare the 1080 ti with other cards, this is after all a benchmark from a 1080ti review.

By benchmarking Quantum Break.........

DF also showed a GTX1060 running the game at OG Xbone settings at 102fps average..... more then enough head room to easily run Xbox X settings at 30fps....... ahahahahahahahahahahaha...... but...but..teh GTX1070 performance the Ark dev said...lmao!!!!!

So you use charts from one PC site to try downplay PC performance and yet I can't use stuff from any where but DF??

Talk about moving the goal posts and grasping at straws.......

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#222  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56221 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@scatteh316: I'm actually ok with it. It had a huge resolution and image boost. DF was raving about the X1X and said most games hit native 4K and look fantastic. He stressed this was an early build and the slightb performance problems could be sorted out. He also stressed this was a highly demanding game on high end PCs. I actually watched the video unlike most idiots on here like davilian, goldenelement, mowgly, apuranahatemycat, etc. You're also a cow yourself correct? Dumb as always.

My advice to you is stop acting like a crybaby and it's obviously you don't know shit in Hardware.

Take my advice, if you don't know between consoles & PC hardware works, you shouldn't be posting cause you really don't know what you're talking about. And I did watch the full video cause I sub to DF years ago!

rabih55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223 rabih55555
Member since 2006 • 336 Posts

GTX 1070 beats it easily in quantum break (steam version).

They said that Xbox one X is equal to GTX 1070 LOL

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@commander: There is something wrong with the port of the game. When I set it to max settings with a 1080 Ti, my GPU usage caps out at 75%-80% and refuses to go above that and I stay stuck at 20fps.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By QuadKnight

Embarrassing thread for lems. Hilarious watching them post benchmarks they don’t even understand and do mental gymnastics to cover up this ownage. Sad things is that they’ll repeat this shit again next time MS announced new hardware. The thing is struggling to keep up with the GTX 1060 and failing when lems told us it would be a GTX 1070 equivalent. Paying $500 for 1440p/25fps is hilarious in 2017.

“B...bu....bu....bu Ark dev said!!11” ?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

What threads are you talking about? My DF threads? I don't seem to remember you being tired of them when it was about ROTR and others being in native 4K or shown in a positive light. I think you're just tired of seeing anything negative about Xbox, which is a you problem dude. The only reason you want them locked is because they aren't cheerleading Xbox threads. Go to an Xbox forum for that.

I didn't say I was tired of YOUR threads. I said I was tired of the all troll threads, this being one of them. I already admitted your threads spark conversation even if they have that bash MS overtone. I'm tired of the blatant troll threads, one only needs to look at the front page to see.

I don't have a problem with a negative Xbox thread because unlike most of these so called gamers, I have all the systems. I have ZERO allegiance to any one company but the rinse and repeat bash troll threads are non stop now. Before it was an art but now trolls aren't even trying and those threads rarely get locked. It's hard to understand what I'm saying. I would think everyone would be tired of troll thread after troll thread on all side, unless you're the troll.

GFTO with that shit epyon. I've never had a problem with anti-MS threads. Take your head out of your ass dude...SWs isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@ronvalencia: OK, it's time. I've been a jerk to you and @kuu2 for long enough. It's really not fun or funny and I've spent far too much time and energy doing so. But I can honestly say I've started to feel bad about the way folks are portraying certain users on this board, joking or not. So from this point on, I will not attack the views or opinions of any user on this board.

At this point, I can honestly say I don't even believe 95% of the stuff I type. I'm just trying to get people worked up for the fun. But at my ripe old age, something is starting to click in my brain and I'm not enjoying any of this like I used to. I deactivated my account about a year ago now in an attempt to move on from this stuff, but that wasn't the answer. Hopefully this is.

Stop posting so many damn benchmarks!

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

That won't happen until the X1X is released and benchmarked.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@Jebus213: And thank God that is only a month away pretty much.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Zero_epyon

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:

I didn't say I was tired of YOUR threads. I said I was tired of the all troll threads, this being one of them. I already admitted your threads spark conversation even if they have that bash MS overtone. I'm tired of the blatant troll threads, one only needs to look at the front page to see.

I don't have a problem with a negative Xbox thread because unlike most of these so called gamers, I have all the systems. I have ZERO allegiance to any one company but the rinse and repeat bash troll threads are non stop now. Before it was an art but now trolls aren't even trying and those threads rarely get locked. It's hard to understand what I'm saying. I would think everyone would be tired of troll thread after troll thread on all side, unless you're the troll.

GFTO with that shit epyon. I've never had a problem with anti-MS threads. Take your head out of your ass dude...SWs isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

"I'm tired of the same old shit posting threads and some of YOUR threads are included."

"I didn't say I was tired of YOUR threads."

Pick one....

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

There is something weird about this game engine,on PC it uses the same reconstruction technique for 4K and it kills even the highest high end machine if you want to play on ultra,so i didn't even expect it to run at 4K on xbox one... probably the frame rate and tearing will be fix by release date but the resolution won't change.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@Tessellation said:

There is something weird about this game engine,on PC it uses the same reconstruction technique for 4K and it kills even the highest high end machine if you want to play on ultra,so i didn't even expect it to run at 4K on xbox one... probably the frame rate and tearing will be fix by release date but the resolution won't change.

That and it stays stuck at 75%-80% GPU usage on a 1080 Ti at least.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Zero_epyon

This game is an Xbox game running on a PC. Hopefully this is an old build and not what the game will be like come release.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@Tessellation said:

That and it stays stuck at 75%-80% GPU usage on a 1080 Ti at least.

My GTX 1080 Ti ranges from ~60 to 80 percent usage.

On your GTX 1080 Ti, try running FM7 at 200 percent scaled resolution from 4K.

For example

Loading Video...

I plan to run FM7 at 200 percent resolution scale in reference to Vega 56 OC's example. Vega 56 OC example shows it's TFLOPS power which puts X1X in it's place.

"200 percent resolution scale" focuses on GPU and less on CPU. Frame rate has a larger CPU factor i.e. sequential dot products rate and latency.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 commander

@brandshatch said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:

You can hahaha all you want, posting benches with less demanding scenario's is not proving anything. Posting videos with 60 views and claiming any sort of credibility is even more ridiculous.

According to df, the titan xp is running quantum break at 1440p and 60 fps, with detail settings close to max (that means not max).

DF also showed a GTX1060 running the game at OG Xbone settings at 102fps average..... more then enough head room to easily run Xbox X settings at 30fps....... ahahahahahahahahahahaha...... but...but..teh GTX1070 performance the Ark dev said...lmao!!!!!

So you use charts from one PC site to try downplay PC performance and yet I can't use stuff from any where but DF??

So at 1280x720 and medium settings? If you scaled that it would be 2560x1440 at 25 FPS, no?

Ouch...

Not to mention the xboxone x uses high level anisotropic filtering, possible increased detail setting on volumetric lightning and global illumination.

gtx 1060 performance is unlikely, but possible.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 commander

@goldenelementxl said:

@ronvalencia: OK, it's time. I've been a jerk to you and @kuu2 for long enough. It's really not fun or funny and I've spent far too much time and energy doing so. But I can honestly say I've started to feel bad about the way folks are portraying certain users on this board, joking or not. So from this point on, I will not attack the views or opinions of any user on this board.

At this point, I can honestly say I don't even believe 95% of the stuff I type. I'm just trying to get people worked up for the fun. But at my ripe old age, something is starting to click in my brain and I'm not enjoying any of this like I used to. I deactivated my account about a year ago now in an attempt to move on from this stuff, but that wasn't the answer. Hopefully this is.

Maybe you should try to understand what he's trying to say.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By commander

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:

It's not a complete troll thread, it's just hard to get anywhere if no one is helping. You get some information out of @scatteh316 between the numerous troll attempts, then he finds another argument and it goes on, but if no one reinforces him or reinforces any counterarguments it goes very slow. @quadknight just goes into completele denial, when you defend psvr you actually get somewhat decent info out of him, but the xboxone x is like a red flag to a bull.

Someone triggered @ronvalencia with forza 7, why ?, let's stay on topic. Any way you put it, it's not clear at all wether the xboxone x is now close to gtx 1070 performance or gtx 1060. We got some more info now with this game, let's crunch the numbers and call each other out on our bs, instead of sitting here like old men talking about the weather.

At least brandshatch gave a working counterargument, a new prospect...

@brandshatch said:

So at 1280x720 and medium settings? If you scaled that it would be 2560x1440 at 25 FPS, no?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By ronvalencia

@rabih55555 said:

At 1080p between upscale off and upscale on.

Loading Video...

DX11 1080p native at ~33 fps on GTX 1070 is LOL...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By commander

@ronvalencia said:
@rabih55555 said:

Loading Video...

so is upscaling the same as reconstruction?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@rabih55555 said:

Loading Video...

so is upscaling the same as reconstruction?

QB's "UPSCALING" setting refers to pixel reconstruction technique. It's not the best pixel reconstruction technique when compared to checkerboard or sparse rendering.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By scatteh316

@brandshatch said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

Frame rate doesn't scale linear like that...... it would be at 30-40fps just like the video I showed..

In fact it's very rare you'll see a GPU lose half the frame rate when doubling the resolution......GTX1070, GTX1080 and GTX1080ti loose 41% going from 1440p to 2160p in Quantum Break if you look at the frame rate numbers and then work out the percentage drop.... So not quite perfect frame rate scaling with resolution.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 scatteh316

@ronvalencia said:
@rabih55555 said:

Loading Video...

Xbox-X would be 10fps at the same settings..... haha

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By commander

@scatteh316 said:
@brandshatch said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:

Frame rate doesn't scale linear like that...... it would be at 30-40fps just like the video I showed..

Not with high level anistropic filtering it wouldn't, which the xboxone x has.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@brandshatch said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:

Not with high level anistropic filtering it wouldn't.

And you can prove this how? Or more grasping at straws..

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@Shewgenja: off topic tho, but Sweet!, i think you got me! That will get the highest pixels im sure ! :) Whats inside if i may ask?

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@Zero_epyon: Actually i dont really know - why you are in my quote, was only directed at scat sorry.

And yes you are saying the exactly same thing basically so my bad dude :)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By commander

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@brandshatch said:

anisotropic filtering is limited to a low level by default and has no option within the game to adjust it. Thankfully, this actually can be addressed by using your graphics card control panel. This is one area that, while disappointing, would be easier to overlook if not for the performance and image quality limitations.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

texture filtering is also greatly improved, which could be a combination of the increased resolution and a higher level of anisotropic filtering.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-does-quantum-break-on-xbox-one-x-really-deliver-4k-gameplay

it's also mentioned in the video you posted, since that quote comes from that same review. I made the video start just before that quote.

Loading Video...

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 scatteh316

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@brandshatch said:

anisotropic filtering is limited to a low level by default and has no option within the game to adjust it. Thankfully, this actually can be addressed by using your graphics card control panel. This is one area that, while disappointing, would be easier to overlook if not for the performance and image quality limitations.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-went-wrong-with-quantum-break-pc

texture filtering is also greatly improved, which could be a combination of the increased resolution and a higher level of anisotropic filtering.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-does-quantum-break-on-xbox-one-x-really-deliver-4k-gameplay

it's also mentioned in the video you posted, since that quote comes from that same review. I made the video start just before that quote.

So you posted something completely irrelevant to not what I asked....... self-owned..... again!!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Strutten: 1800x and an 8gb 580.