Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@GioVela2010: It doesn’t make sense though. If the Xbox One X was the best looking version they’d simply say it’s the best looking without adding "smoothest". The PC version is the smoothest and also the best looking. Otherwise their sentence makes no sense.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

If you're one of the few people who have trouble interpreting simple sentences due to a rather unhealthy and long-standing fanboy bias, it's easy to see what DF actually meant by looking at a screenshot of the 1X version and PC version.

At that moment it is quite clear.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@zaryia said:

If you're one of the few people who have trouble interpreting simple sentences due to a rather unhealthy and long-standing fanboy bias, it's easy to see what DF actually meant by looking at a screenshot of the 1X version and PC version.

For someone who cant see the diff between 30 and 60 fps......

Yes sentences could be difficult.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@zaryia said:

It’s easy to see my interpretation is the correct one, when they make the following statements about the X1X version.

“HDR is a night and day upgrade to SDR”

”This is how it always should have looked”

”HDR is a truer more correct representation of the artwork”

”SDR suddenly looked dull by comparison”

”Gives consoles a very tangible advantage”

”HDR leaves it with a distinct advantage, over even PC”

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

It’s easy to see my interpretation is the correct one, when they make the following statements about the X1X version.

Doesn't this all boil down to HDR witcher 3 is better on xbox, but not enough to be better overall than PC?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Zaryia
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

Those quotes are from a completely separate article. It's easy to see you are being deceptive.

In that video you keep using, he even says it's only the best place to play it on consoles, and happens to have an advantage over PC - but isn't overall better than PC.

Because it's not. It looks worse. It runs worse.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zaryia
@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

Doesn't this all boil down to HDR witcher 3 is better on xbox, but not enough to be better overall than PC?

Yes. He knows this. The video also makes it clear.

It's an advantage, but still only the best console version. They says this in the video for Blood and Whine and completely separate article by a different author for Witcher 3 base.

The screenshot and fps differences are more than telling to show what DF means.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GioVela2010

@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

It boils down to looking best on X1X, being The smoothest, best looking on PC.

NOTsmoothest AND best looking on PC

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zaryia
@GioVela2010 said:
@jereb31 said:

being The smoothest, best looking on PC.

What? Lmao you get worse every gen.

It was funny at first when you said your Plasma made xbox, xbox360, ps2, ps3 look better than PC. Kind of funny when you said 30 fps was best. And now this is just sad - you sound like you're having a stroke.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

It boils down to looking best on X1X, being The smoothest, best looking on PC.

I can't say I read this the same way.

They seem to reference HDR is better on xbox, saying it's better than SDR. Even going as far to say that it's an advantage over PC. Well yes, that seems true, HDR > SDR.

But then they also mention that PC version is better than Xbox version.

So HDR > SDR, but not enough to be better than PC version overall.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

No one cares about HDR.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

How the hell does HDR even work with a 1000 series GTX. My GTX 780 could display my HDR movie beautifully on my non-HDR TV, but my 1070 makes it look really dull. Will it be colorful again if I connect it to an HDR TV? I'm also really disappointed by how choppy 4K movies (50+ MB/s) still are on the 1000 series.

Did you adjust the nvidia color settings in the control panel?

That's not it. I shouldn't have to change the colors for one video. I know it has SOMETHING to do with BT.2020, the color primaries used for HDR videos. The 1000 series apparently can't handle it, while the 700 series can.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

How the hell does HDR even work with a 1000 series GTX. My GTX 780 could display my HDR movie beautifully on my non-HDR TV, but my 1070 makes it look really dull. Will it be colorful again if I connect it to an HDR TV? I'm also really disappointed by how choppy 4K movies (50+ MB/s) still are on the 1000 series.

That's not it. I shouldn't have to change the colors for one video. I know it has SOMETHING to do with BT.2020, the color primaries used for HDR videos. The 1000 series apparently can't handle it, while the 700 series can.

This is set to full, not limited, right? It should be set on full.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I'll use the argument that console gamer's use when talking about PC hardware and how many people actually have high end PC's.

How many console gamer's actually have:

• A OLED TV?
  • A TV with 1000 nits?
  • Speakers aside from their onboard TV speakers?
  • Atmos Speakers?

Your looking at $3K for a 1000 Nit HDR Panel and ATMOS speakers.

Gio... I know you have a HDR OLED TV?... But which one because HDR is not equal on all TV's, if its less than 700 Nits its not what those comments of praise come from, its those comments come from 1000 Nit panels.

OLED is super and HDR is a game changer in display technology but its not mainstream yet, TV tech and Monitor tech rarely cross paths its why their where no plasma monitors or 144Hz TV's.

Monitors will catch up eventually but consoles will pretty much always be targeting 30FPS... Which is why most PC gamer's have no interest in console gaming out side of exclusives.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#116 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I can imagine your 30 fps medium settings games looks a bit better with HDR. Not sure if PC games needs it though.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 GioVela2010
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I'll use the argument that console gamer's use when talking about PC hardware and how many people actually have high end PC's.

• A OLED TV?
  • A TV with 1000 nits?
  • Atmos Speakers?

Gio... I know you have a HDR OLED TV?... But which one because HDR is not equal on all TV's, if its less than 700 Nits its not what those comments of praise come from, its those comments come from 1000 Nit panels.

OLED is super and HDR is a game changer in display technology but its not mainstream yet, TV tech and Monitor tech rarely cross paths its why their where no plasma monitors or 144Hz TV's.

Monitors will catch up eventually but consoles will pretty much always be targeting 30FPS... Which is why most PC gamer's have no interest in console gaming out side of exclusives.

No OLED does 1000 Nits and they’re still considered the industry standard for HDR because the blacks are perfect.

Therefore the range between OLeDS’s deepest Blacks and brightest whites is actually a wider range than any LED/LCD despite the LED getting brighter.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ivangrozny said:
@naz99 said:
@ivangrozny said:

HRD is overrated. Overpriced TVs with a sweetFx mod built-in LOL Only noobs can fall for that. On PC i can reach the same effect with ShadderFX mods for free.

Lol no, you can slightly approximate the effect with things like sweetFX or REshade, but to say you can get the SAME effect, just tells us that you have never seen proper HDR before and/or don't know what it does.

I will take reshade modders word over yours that say they can replicate HDR easily with Reshade 3. not slightly, but very much closely.

On non-HDR display, the final color palette is based on 24 bits i.e. 8 bit integer per primary color in RGB. That's 16,777,216 colors. 64bit (4X packed 16 bit) floating point RGBA framebuffers gets truncated into 24 bits integers.

On HDR display, the final color palette is based on 30 bits i.e. 10 bit per primary color in RGB. That's 1,073,741,824 colors.

GPU's internal floating point rendering out-paced the 1990s display technology.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

• A OLED TV?
  • A TV with 1000 nits?
  • Atmos Speakers?

No OLED does 1000 Nits and they’re still considered the industry standard for HDR because the blacks are perfect.

Therefore the range between OLeDS’s deepest Blacks and brightest whites is actually a wider range than any LED/LCD despite the LED getting brighter.

OLED is not the HDR standard, HDR is heavily impacted by the Nits the panel can produce.

Most if not all review sites say that Samsung's QLED panels the Q9F in particular is the TV that has set the bar for HDR quality.

Their is no industry standard for HDR because their is no definitive standard for HDR, with multiple HDR formats currently being used like HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG along with the new HDR10+ that closes the gap between Dolby Vision and HDR10 the format wars has yet to begin.

All panels have pro's and cons... OLED you gain perfect blacks and better contrast but lack Nits, with QLED you can better Nit levels with better HDR impact but lose the black depth.

According to engineers OLED's can reach 1K nits but it won't surpass it much so future OLED's will have superb HDR capabilities BUT QLED can reach 2K nits with ease.

I know this because I am currently looking around to buy a new TV and am stuck between the Sony A1 OLED and the Q9F... If you want the best HDR OLED is not the place to go.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@ivangrozny said:
@naz99 said:
@ivangrozny said:

HRD is overrated. Overpriced TVs with a sweetFx mod built-in LOL Only noobs can fall for that. On PC i can reach the same effect with ShadderFX mods for free.

Lol no, you can slightly approximate the effect with things like sweetFX or REshade, but to say you can get the SAME effect, just tells us that you have never seen proper HDR before and/or don't know what it does.

I will take reshade modders word over yours that say they can replicate HDR easily with Reshade 3. not slightly, but very much closely.

On non-HDR display, the final color palette is based on 24 bits i.e. 8 bit integer per primary color in RGB. That's 16,777,216 colors. 64bit (4X packed 16 bit) floating point RGBA framebuffers gets truncated into 24 bits integers.

On HDR display, the final color palette is based on 30 bits i.e. 10 bit per primary color in RGB. That's 1,073,741,824 colors.

GPU's internal floating point rendering out-paced the 1990s display technology.

My monitor from 2014 is 10 bit as well, 1 billion colours. So technically it can replicate it.

https://www.benq.com/en/monitor/designer/pd3200q/specifications.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Mine doesn't look like that, it looks like this:

I really hope it looks like that and plays this video without any issue when I have my 4K TV. I also hope it knows not to saturate normal videos.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

With the crypto rush, there was no need to go chasing after wcg features. Now that cards are returning to competing for the gaming market, they will push wcg/hdr. It's really not that hard to figure out.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 DragonfireXZ95
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I really hope it looks like that and plays this video without any issue when I have my 4K TV. I also hope it knows not to saturate normal videos.

Try scrolling down in that window. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@DragonfireXZ95: Oh. Mine is already on Full Dynamic Range. I just don't get why my old graphics card didn't have any issues with the color range of that video.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 GioVela2010

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

• A OLED TV?
  • A TV with 1000 nits?
  • Atmos Speakers?

OLED is not the HDR standard, HDR is heavily impacted by the Nits the panel can produce.

Most if not all review sites say that Samsung's QLED panels the Q9F in particular is the TV that has set the bar for HDR quality.

Their is no industry standard for HDR because their is no definitive standard for HDR, with multiple HDR formats currently being used like HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG along with the new HDR10+ that closes the gap between Dolby Vision and HDR10 the format wars has yet to begin.

All panels have pro's and cons... OLED you gain perfect blacks and better contrast but lack Nits, with QLED you can better Nit levels with better HDR impact but lose the black depth.

According to engineers OLED's can reach 1K nits but it won't surpass it much so future OLED's will have superb HDR capabilities BUT QLED can reach 2K nits with ease.

I know this because I am currently looking around to buy a new TV and am stuck between the Sony A1 OLED and the Q9F... If you want the best HDR OLED is not the place to go.

Both Rtings.com and Digital Foundry still think OLED is the definitive HDR experience. The better the contrast ratio, the wider the dynamic range will be.

Rtings.com is the go to source for HDTV reviews, they're by far the most in depth reviews.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GioVela2010

@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Check DirectX Diagnostic Tool to see if your getting True HDR

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

• Make sure HDR your display or TV has HDR turned on. The way you get to the on-screen menu on your HDR TV or display varies by make and model. Check out the documentation for your display or TV by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
  • Go to Settings > System > Display , and make sure HDR and WCG is turned on.
  • Make sure your Windows 10 PC has the required hardware to display HDR, and find out if your display supports HDR10.
    Here’s how to do that:
    1. Press the Windows logo key + R, type dxdiag, and then select OK.
    2. Select Yes at the prompt.
    3. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System tab, look in the System Information area.
    4. To save the information to a file, select Save all information, and then name and save the text file.
    5. Open the text file, and look at the value for HDR Support. If it says Supported, this indicates that your display supports HDR10.
  • Determine if the current display connection has HDR turned on and has an HDR signal.
    1. Open the text file you saved earlier and look at the value for the Display Color Space.
      • If the value is DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020, that indicates that this is for HDR10 and the connection is displaying advanced color.
      • If the value is DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709, that indicates this is sRGB and not advanced color.
    2. For Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities, which provides more detailed info about the display’s capabilities, look for these values:
      • BT2020RGB or BT2020YCC. One of these color spaces must appear for the display to be considered as an HDR10-capable display.
      • Eotf2084Supported. This value must appear for the display to be considered an as an HDR-capable display.
      • AdvancedColorSupported. This indicates that Windows considers this as a display that has advanced color capabilities. Note that this means any class of advanced color display—including HDR10 and WCG.
      • AdvancedColorEnabled. This indicates that advanced color is turned on for this display.
TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Us PC gamers really dont have time to be bothered with little technical details. the games are too friggin good to care much

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-60113e7859d7d

@GioVela2010 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Check DirectX Diagnostic Tool to see if your getting True HDR

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

• Make sure HDR your display or TV has HDR turned on. The way you get to the on-screen menu on your HDR TV or display varies by make and model. Check out the documentation for your display or TV by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
  • Go to Settings > System > Display , and make sure HDR and WCG is turned on.
  • Make sure your Windows 10 PC has the required hardware to display HDR, and find out if your display supports HDR10.
    Here’s how to do that:
    1. Press the Windows logo key + R, type dxdiag, and then select OK.
    2. Select Yes at the prompt.
    3. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System tab, look in the System Information area.
    4. To save the information to a file, select Save all information, and then name and save the text file.
    5. Open the text file, and look at the value for HDR Support. If it says Supported, this indicates that your display supports HDR10.
  • Determine if the current display connection has HDR turned on and has an HDR signal.
    1. Open the text file you saved earlier and look at the value for the Display Color Space.
      • If the value is DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020, that indicates that this is for HDR10 and the connection is displaying advanced color.
      • If the value is DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709, that indicates this is sRGB and not advanced color.
    2. For Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities, which provides more detailed info about the display’s capabilities, look for these values:
      • BT2020RGB or BT2020YCC. One of these color spaces must appear for the display to be considered as an HDR10-capable display.
      • Eotf2084Supported. This value must appear for the display to be considered an as an HDR-capable display.
      • AdvancedColorSupported. This indicates that Windows considers this as a display that has advanced color capabilities. Note that this means any class of advanced color display—including HDR10 and WCG.
      • AdvancedColorEnabled. This indicates that advanced color is turned on for this display.

I said earlier that my monitor doesn't have HDR. Still, this BT.2020 video looked beautiful on my GTX 780.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Gotta congratulate Gio for making hermits go down this spiral, really amusing to see.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ReCloud

@tryit: oh, c'mon, really? Because PC games spend most of their times showing off their rigs, talking about the tech of the games, their settings, resolution, fps, c'mon, if there's something hermits do IS being bothered by technical details.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TryIt
@recloud said:

@tryit: oh, c'mon, really? Because PC games spend most of their times showing off their rigs, talking about the tech of the games, their settings, resolution, fps, c'mon, if there's something hermits do IS being bothered by technical details.

that was true in 2008, now its all about the games because we have so many more great titles now then ever before

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 ReCloud

@tryit: no it's not, from here to Reddit, every PC thread becomes a spec and benchmark fest. This thread has it and every other on this same forum also has it.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 TryIt
@recloud said:

@tryit: no it's not, from here to Reddit, every PC thread becomes a spec and benchmark fest. This thread has it and every other on this same forum also has it.

fair enough, I need to do a better job at getting those PC gamers up to modern times.

some of them are like some TV viewers, still havnet tried Netflix

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@recloud said:

My rig isn't nothing to brag about but all I really care is gaming in 1440p/60fps+ is all I really need during gaming. It's high-end but I don't I rarely brag about it in System Wars.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DragonfireXZ95
@recloud said:

Gotta congratulate Gio for making hermits go down this spiral, really amusing to see.

Which spiral is that?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Is gio still arguing over that TW3 quote?

good lord

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GioVela2010

@recloud said:

Specs are fun.

Mine:

LG 4K OLED B7A

Dynaudio Excite LCR Speakers x3

Aperion Surround Speakers x2

Polk VT60 Ceiling Speakers x4

Yamaha RX-A3070

Ultimax UM-18 Subwoofer + 2400W Amp

Ryzen 2700X 8 Core/16 thread CPU

NZXT X72 CPU Cooler (Push/Pull)

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

Asrock X470 AC/SLI

Corsair Air 540 Case

Corsair MP500 M.2 SSD 480GB

Kingston A1000 M.2 SSD 960GB

Team Dark Pro DDR4 3200 14CL

Corsair HX750w PSU

NZXT Sentry Fan Controller

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@drlostrib said:

good lord

Doesn't have any other straw

@GioVela2010: You forgot to mention your 3000$ AV cabinet

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Zaryia
@GioVela2010 said:
@recloud said:

Specs are fun.

Mine:

LG 4K OLED B7A

Yamaha RX-A3070

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

Asrock X470 AC/SLI

Corsair Air 540 Case

Corsair HX750w PSU

Nice.

You get to play the better version of 99% of video games. Substantially so for anything involving online multiplayer. Fun indeed.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 GioVela2010

@MonsieurX said:
@drlostrib said:

good lord

Doesn't have any other straw

@GioVela2010: You forgot to mention your 3000$ AV cabinet

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#141 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@GioVela2010: Gio.... Or anyone else who has done some comparisons:

What are your favorite HDR implementations? Games/movies/TV shows that you think provide the most visual benefit over their non-HDR counterparts.

I hear a lot of people say FFXV is a good one. I also see people saying The Witness is another one.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GioVela2010

@zaryia said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@recloud said:

Specs are fun.

Mine:

LG 4K OLED B7A

Yamaha RX-A3070

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

Asrock X470 AC/SLI

Corsair Air 540 Case

Corsair HX750w PSU

Nice.

You get to play the better version of 99% of video games. Fun indeed.

It’s basically for single player games. And maybe VR in the future. I hate keyboard and mouse, but I know I’d get destroyed using a JOYPad in multiplayer games vs people using KB+Mouse. Plus all my friends and family are on XBL

So X1X gets the multiplayer games and the game with HDR or Atmos

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#143 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

sure we get HDR, we had it back in Half-Life 2: Lost Coast :P

In all seriousness, I like how it's always a guy that hates on PC complaining about lack of _______ on PC.

Meanwhile, all the legit PC game players are too busy enjoying everything else that is awesome in PC gaming.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 GioVela2010

@mrbojangles25 said:

In all seriousness, I like how it's always a guy that hates on PC complaining about lack of _______ on PC.

Meanwhile, all the legit PC game players are too busy enjoying everything else that is awesome in PC gaming.

I wasn’t aware Richard Leadbetter from Digital Foundry hates PC

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#145 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yeah HDR on PC sucks, cant be denied, I can't wait for it to get sorted though, glorious looking games will just look even better.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#146 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I wasn’t aware Richard Leadbetter from Digital Foundry hates PC

Was referring to you, actually, GioTrolla, and how you take things out of context. More specifically, how you take an objective article written by a journalist and twist it into subjective, cynical opinion.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@GioVela2010: Really where do they say that?

As far as everyone in the industry is concerned their are pro's and cons to every TV panel technology their is no definitive winner especially with HDR... Even the site you prefer seems to list pro's and cons of each TV, with the Q9F and the new Q9FN offering better brightness and colors in HDR compared to a LG C8 OLED panel. Also for motion like someone who watches a lot of sport or plays a lot of fast paced games the Sony A1 TV's destroys LG OLED motion processing.

This is essentially all I am getting to pro's and cons, just like monitor technologies TV panels offer pro's and cons their is no definitive winner and no one who reviews TV's ever says their is.

So I get that you love your TV and OLED technology but stop, lets not start a panel fanboy war.

The Q9FN's local dimming from most reviewers say its near impossible to tell the difference between it and OLED unless your right up against the screen looking for it or your in a pitch black room. The only issue is that the Q9FN is aggressive when it comes to local dimming and in some scenes it loses small bright highlights if there is a black back round like a night sky or space scenes.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 dxmcat

All the specs in the world wont save your shit room acoustics.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 GioVela2010

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

@GioVela2010: Really where do they say that?

As far as everyone in the industry is concerned their are pro's and cons to every TV panel technology their is no definitive winner especially with HDR... Even the site you prefer seems to list pro's and cons of each TV, with the Q9F and the new Q9FN offering better brightness and colors in HDR compared to a LG C8 OLED panel. Also for motion like someone who watches a lot of sport or plays a lot of fast paced games the Sony A1 TV's destroys LG OLED motion processing.

This is essentially all I am getting to pro's and cons, just like monitor technologies TV panels offer pro's and cons their is no definitive winner and no one who reviews TV's ever says their is.

So I get that you love your TV and OLED technology but stop, lets not start a panel fanboy war.

The Q9FN's local dimming from most reviewers say its near impossible to tell the difference between it and OLED unless your right up against the screen looking for it or your in a pitch black room. The only issue is that the Q9FN is aggressive when it comes to local dimming and in some scenes it loses small bright highlights if there is a black back round like a night sky or space scenes.

Sorry but Rtings still has OLED as #1 for HDR.

Brightness only accounts for 6% of their HDR Movies score, and 3% of their HDR Gaming Score.

In both instances contrast is much more important than brightness

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 dxmcat

post all the overly zoomed in pics you want.

rtings is a newcomer and relatively a joke but you praise them because they have what you want to hear.

sound & vision mag, avs forum, hell even CNET has more.

Go praise some fake 4k BRs while you are at it.