Digital Foundry hands on with actual PS4 - Some games sub 30fps

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#401 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

ofc they are not, they are middle end pcs, if you believe consolites you are making your first mistake

UnknownSniper65

God hermits are such morons, you honestly expect launch titles to look outstanding and run smooth? They spend 3 quaters of there dev time on incomplete hardware. The 360 hard problems running quake 4 at 30fps and the game looks like complete trash compared to other 360 titles by todays standards.

I think its pretty unreasonable that developers can't get a decent framerate on set hardware. It hints towards the fact that the hardware isn't as great as people were originally thinking. Both consoles are running mid range AMD HD 7000 series GPUs. The Xbox One's equivalent GPU is an AMD HD7770 which gets beaten in benchmarks by the Nvidia GTX 480 from 2010. I remember a couple of months back EA was touting that next generation consoles were a full generation a head of gaming PCs, it seems its the other way around. The difference isn't going to be as huge as people think it is going to be especially if you've been gaming on PC. I haven't seen anything in the launch line ups of either consoles that couldn't have been done in the past two years on PC.

If VGleaks's GPU clock speed info is correct, Xbox One's equivalent GPU would be AMD FirePro W5000 i.e. 7770's 1.2 TFLOPS are NOT backed by 48 TMUs.

Current GCNs has 16 stream processors to 1 TMU ratio.

I'll post another 768 stream processor GCN i.e. AMD FirePro W5000 SKU.

FirePro_W5000_GPUZ.jpg

Notice FirePro W5000's 102 GB/s video memory bandwidth almost matches VGLeaks' eSRAM memory bandwidth.

Some gaming benchmarks for AMD FirePro W5000.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/workstation-graphics-card-gaming,review-32643-9.html

7850 = 45.

W5000 = 33.

Crysis2DX11-1080p.png

With Crysis 2, ROPs issue is minor i.e. 10 CU scale down from 7870 GE's results roughly matches 7770 GE's results.

7870 GE's 52.3 fps / 20 CUs = 2.615 x 10 CUs = 26.15 fps which roughly matches 7770's 25.9 fps result. This is for testing my scaling theory vs actual results.

FirePro W5000's 12 CUs (825 Mhz) scales down from Radeon HD 7850's 16 CUs (860 Mhz).

7850's 45.3 fps / 16 CUs (860Mhz) = 2.831 x 8 CUs = 22.65 fps which roughly matches 7750's 21.5 fps result. 7750 is clocked at 800Mhz. This is another test for my scaling theory vs actual results.

If we use the 7850 and 7750 as the two points for the "line of best fit", FirePro W5000 falls into the expected slot for 12 CUs @ 825 Mhz.

My 12 CU scale down = 33.97 fps

Actual FirePro W5000 = 33 fps.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 ronvalencia

So at the absolute most they have one month to raise Killzone which is at 25-30 fps, Drive Club which is at 20 fps, and Knack going below 30 fps to have all those games get to the 60 fps mark. You have to remember they need time after doing optimization to do the final touches, put the game on blu-rays, and ship them around the world.

Turn 10 is doing 1080p 60 fps so that is 40 fps better then what Drive Club does when too many things happen on screen. Also before anyone mentions Dead Rising you are comparing a third party game for X1 to three first party games for PS4. First party games will have the correct specs far longer then third party.

This is why I have not done my preorder yet. While I am greatly leaning towards PS4 for a few reasons, none of the reasons are because it has the games that look to be the best.

CanYouDiglt
As with any ship, the crew's performance can dictate the ship's overall performance e.g. USS Enterprise CV6 (RL) or USS Enterprise NCC-1701(fiction) vs sister ships. Turn10 has extensive experience with AMD GPU optimizations and it shows with F5's performance.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

lol. Oh man...

Tessellation

Would fit the 20-30% slower fact gathering from what info we have.

your math is wrong 240 GF x 60% = 144 GF x 8 = 1152 GF = ~1.2 TF there is not downgrade like you're implying 8x is the correct answer and that gives you 1.2 TFLOPS.

Bad yield doesn't automatically equals down clock.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]No need to since the downgrade rumor has been confirmed to be bullshit already,no reports,no confirmations either just speculations.Truth_Hurts_U

More miss infomation.

You must be the king of it.

Just this once I'll give you a bone since you like them. ***Cough, Xbone***

OS x 3 said to take 10% of GPU power.

DDR3 20%+ slower then GDDR5.

Reduction in shader cores... 20% (I think that's the number)... Because of the ESDRAM.

Even if somehow the ESDRAM made up for the DDR3. You still looking @ around 20-30% less preformance.

X1 has eSRAM which is faster than eDRAM. SRAM doesn't have refresh overheads like DRAM type technology.
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#405 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

How disappointing. Xbone games are already running at native 1080p and 60fps and it's weaker. What are Sony devs doing? They should have the most recent dev kits by now.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Ram doesn't fix framerates. I don't understand how such a simple concept like RAM is so misunderstood. This is shit you learn in grade 10 programming.

ActicEdge

If the issue was caused by insufficient memory or bandwidth, increasing RAM will fix the problem.

Which should never be a problem on consoles because your ram pool is fixed. You know exactly how much you are going to be working with and its speed and specs. This should never ever be a problem on consoles and I would wager the majority of framerate issues on consoles are not ram induced. Insufficient RAM should tank framerates on PC but then, it would stand to reason you are probably fighting a pretty close battle with minimum spec RAM. My point is you can't fix most problems by just throwing more ram at it. Cows man, and Lemmings too, straight up frighten me with their logic.

That is true.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 ronvalencia
[QUOTE="Kingpin0114"]

How disappointing. Xbone games are already running at native 1080p and 60fps and it's weaker. What are Sony devs doing? They should have the most recent dev kits by now.

You have to factor in the human factor.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 faizan_faizan
On what planet is more RAM = more bandwidth?Kinthalis
I never stated that.
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#409 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
People are so picky with FPs and what not that won't really affect the gameplay much over all in the end. Sigh...does it come to this? FPS? Damn son. I'm not even trying to defend Sony but if Microsoft has the same issues, hell with it. Play the game and enjoy it.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

People are so picky with FPs and what not that won't really affect the gameplay much over all in the end. Sigh...does it come to this? FPS? Damn son. I'm not even trying to defend Sony but if Microsoft has the same issues, hell with it. Play the game and enjoy it.Bloodseeker23

The hell are you smoking? Performance directly affect gameplay, it's the graphics that don't.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="Bloodseeker23"]People are so picky with FPs and what not that won't really affect the gameplay much over all in the end. Sigh...does it come to this? FPS? Damn son. I'm not even trying to defend Sony but if Microsoft has the same issues, hell with it. Play the game and enjoy it.rjdofu

The hell are you smoking? Performance directly affect gameplay, it's the graphics that don't.

Graphics matter as well. Graphics and visual quality play a huge role in immersion, emotional connection and other psychological factors. Of course, a game is not good because of graphics alone, but saying graphics do not matter is a huge display of ignorance.
jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

LOL Clownzone I'm more interested in multiplats at the PS4 launchRR360DD

Playing multiplats on a console... smh

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

People are so picky with FPs and what not that won't really affect the gameplay much over all in the end. Sigh...does it come to this? FPS? Damn son. I'm not even trying to defend Sony but if Microsoft has the same issues, hell with it. Play the game and enjoy it.Bloodseeker23

Of course it matters lmao, its a huge factor. That's why cod plays so smoothly with it's tight controls because it maintains 60 fps on console. Battlefield, etc. etc. feels like shit at 30 fps.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#414 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Inexcusable for a next-gen console. Still have a few months of polish, but come on. I thought we were past 30fps.Stevo_the_gamer

Then you were rather naive.

Lighting, textures and poly counts sell games, not frame rate.

Tell that to Call of Duty.

60 fps helps COD maintain popularity, but it does basically nothing to bring in new people. Most games don't have the luxury of a gargantuan pre-existing community, so they have to look impressive from a distance.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="Bloodseeker23"]People are so picky with FPs and what not that won't really affect the gameplay much over all in the end. Sigh...does it come to this? FPS? Damn son. I'm not even trying to defend Sony but if Microsoft has the same issues, hell with it. Play the game and enjoy it.faizan_faizan

Graphics matter as well. Graphics and visual quality play a huge role in immersion, emotional connection and other psychological factors. Of course, a game is not good because of graphics alone, but saying graphics do not matter is a huge display of ignorance.

who said graphics don't matter you dolt? It doesn't affect gameplay.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 faizan_faizan
It doesn't affect gameplay.rjdofu
Incorrect.
yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 yanni1

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Then you were rather naive.

Lighting, textures and poly counts sell games, not frame rate.

Cherokee_Jack

Tell that to Call of Duty.

60 fps helps COD maintain popularity, but it does basically nothing to bring in new people. Most games don't have the luxury of a gargantuan pre-existing community, so they have to look impressive from a distance.

uhhh, not sure if serious. 60 fps is a huge selling point for games on consoles. Why do you think devs were bragging about battlefield and titanfall being 60 fps on console. (I'm sure there were many others.) 30 fps plays and feels like rubbish for first person shooters.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]It doesn't affect gameplay.faizan_faizan
Incorrect.

No it doesn't, Crysis, Killzone, Ryse. /discussion.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]It doesn't affect gameplay.rjdofu
Incorrect.

Which Crysis are we talking about here? Simply stating it's trademark does not clarify which specific game you are talking about. And Ryse is released?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#420 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

60 fps is a huge selling point for games on consoles. Why do you think devs were bragging about battlefield and titanfall being 60 fps on console. (I'm sure there were many others.) 30 fps plays and feels like rubbish for first person shooters.yanni1

Right, which is why I said it helps COD maintain popularity.

Devs only brag about framerate to us, because we realize the significance of it. The average COD player would have no clear idea what 30 fps or 60 fps means. It improves their experience with the game once they sit down and play it, but they would never look at some new shooter and say "Well that game's 60 fps, I gotta get me that!"Ā 

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Incorrect.

Which Crysis are we talking about here? Simply stating it's trademark does not clarify which specific game you are talking about. And Ryse is released?

Those are some weak counters, lol. Does it matter which Crysis i'm talking about? The main selling point of the series is graphics, and the gameplay is mediocre at best, clearly graphics doesn't help gameplay. Same with Killzone. And Ryse? Release or not, does it matter? Atm the gameplay is fvcking trash, and the graphics was OK. Does it help? lol immersion and psychology my ass.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] No it doesn't, Crysis, Killzone, Ryse. /discussion.

Those are some weak counters, lol. Does it matter which Crysis i'm talking about? The main selling point of the series is graphics, and the gameplay is mediocre at best, clearly graphics doesn't help gameplay. Same with Killzone. And Ryse? Release or not, does it matter? Atm the gameplay is fvcking trash, and the graphics was OK. Does it help? lol immersion and psychology my ass.

The original Crysis was a gameplay marvel. Ryse is not released = You have not played it. lol at your logic.
yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 yanni1

[QUOTE="yanni1"] 60 fps is a huge selling point for games on consoles. Why do you think devs were bragging about battlefield and titanfall being 60 fps on console. (I'm sure there were many others.) 30 fps plays and feels like rubbish for first person shooters.Cherokee_Jack

Right, which is why I said it helps COD maintain popularity.

Devs only brag about framerate to us, because we realize the significance of it. The average COD player would have no clear idea what 30 fps or 60 fps means. It improves their experience with the game once they sit down and play it, but they would never look at some new shooter and say "Well that game's 60 fps, I gotta get me that!"Ā 

Ā 

Anything that has some sort of technical relavance to a games performance would go over the head of any casual gamer, not just cod.

But people who have a clue understand how important it is to maintain 60 fps for first person shooters. Battlefield 3 on xbox and ps3 is proof of that, it's horrible.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

All optimization happens in the last couple of months before release...never judge a game on it's E3 build unless the game is coming out next month or something

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#425 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It's very early days yet, and at least they were brave enough to show them working on actual ps4's unlike xbone where they were on pc using windows 7 and a far higher graphics card than what a xbone will have in it. Ā xbone are being very sneaky with what their showing. rumour has it that titan fall isn't even an exclusive and will be coming to ps4 later it's a timed exclusive. still waiting to see any worth while first party games yet from microsoft. same goes for sony really, but like others are saying history time and time again the start of the generation doesn't prove nothing when it comes to games look at the last of us and then look at saints row 2 such a massive difference. and there loads. can't wait tho.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

This is just proof that PS4 is inferior like I've always said.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 faizan_faizan

jimmypsn
The hardware in PS4 is better than XBOX One, if the PS4 has issues such as these, the One will have even more.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Which Crysis are we talking about here? Simply stating it's trademark does not clarify which specific game you are talking about. And Ryse is released?

The original Crysis was a gameplay marvel. Ryse is not released = You have not played it. lol at your logic.

So? Does that mean Crysis 2-3 gameplay was marvel as well? 'Cus i'm pretty sure the graphics are better. How can I play Ryse when it plays itself?
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Those are some weak counters, lol. Does it matter which Crysis i'm talking about? The main selling point of the series is graphics, and the gameplay is mediocre at best, clearly graphics doesn't help gameplay. Same with Killzone. And Ryse? Release or not, does it matter? Atm the gameplay is fvcking trash, and the graphics was OK. Does it help? lol immersion and psychology my ass.

So? Does that mean Crysis 2-3 gameplay was marvel as well? 'Cus i'm pretty sure the graphics are better. How can I play Ryse when it plays itself?

Your posts are not making sense.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] The original Crysis was a gameplay marvel. Ryse is not released = You have not played it. lol at your logic.

You failed to understand logic? Your argument is that graphics does affect gameplay. My counter argument is that Crysis 2-3 with better graphics than Crysis 1 and the gameplays are still mediocre. And Ryse, despite the fact that the graphics are decent, everything about it so far has been disastrous in term of gameplay; now matter how good the graphics turn out to be, as long as the gameplay stays the same, it stays the same; better graphics won't help gameplay. Now counter that.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 jimmypsn
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

faizan_faizan
The hardware in PS4 is better than XBOX One, if the PS4 has issues such as these, the One will have even more.

Forza 5 running at 1080P/60FPS. It is unrivaled.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

Hey, adults are talking.
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts
There be no imput lag in KZ SF look at KZ3 there was none who cares if it run at 1080p at 30 Fps show me a game that look like KS SF and run at 1080p and 60fps on Xbox one Fps wise .
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#434 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Take early builds/dev kits with a grain of salt. And I dont really need a Digital Foundry analysis to tell me how much Watch Dogs was struggling on the PS4 during the conference.. - I've played enough betas to know how much performance can improve in a matter of months.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] So? Does that mean Crysis 2-3 gameplay was marvel as well? 'Cus i'm pretty sure the graphics are better. How can I play Ryse when it plays itself?

You failed to understand logic? Your argument is that graphics does affect gameplay. My counter argument is that Crysis 2-3 with better graphics than Crysis 1 and the gameplays are still mediocre. And Ryse, despite the fact that the graphics are decent, everything about it so far has been disastrous in term of gameplay; now matter how good the graphics turn out to be, as long as the gameplay stays the same, it stays the same; better graphics won't help gameplay. Now counter that.

Graphics help in immersion, take it as an incentive. Seriously? Still talking about a game you haven't played yet?
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 jimmypsn
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] The hardware in PS4 is better than XBOX One, if the PS4 has issues such as these, the One will have even more.

Hey, adults are talking.

There's actual proof that PS4 titles are trash and its your problem if you choose to ignore just like those that got their PS3's bricked! I laugh in their faces. They bought Sony so that's what they get.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Your posts are not making sense.

Graphics help in immersion, take it as an incentive. Seriously? Still talking about a game you haven't played yet?

lol that's it? Immersion? I expected more. Still haven't explained to me why Crysis 2 gameplay is so damn boring despite all the improvement in graphics. That "you haven't played, you can't criticize" argument is old as fvck. You don't need to waste $60 to buy something that you know it'll suck, human have eyes, ears and brain. We can observe, and think. You don't need to sit on a chair to know it's broken or not when you see its cracking legs. Similarly, you don't need to play the damn thing to know the core gameplay. I believe what I see until there's something else. And as I heard so far, "the QTE complete itself". Again I ask you, if the game turns out to have the best graphics ever, does it help that kind of gameplay?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"] Forza 5 running at 1080P/60FPS. It is unrivaled.

Hey, adults are talking.

There's actual proof that PS4 titles are trash and its your problem if you choose to ignore just like those that got their PS3's bricked! I laugh in their faces. They bought Sony so that's what they get.

Eh? There's proof Dead Rising was struggling with framerate issues, heck watch the launch video MS showed and it's got popins in it. 360 also had reports of consoles bricking with November 2011 (might have been 2010) and Fall of the same year updates. MS had a couple of lawsuits i think.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] You failed to understand logic? Your argument is that graphics does affect gameplay. My counter argument is that Crysis 2-3 with better graphics than Crysis 1 and the gameplays are still mediocre. And Ryse, despite the fact that the graphics are decent, everything about it so far has been disastrous in term of gameplay; now matter how good the graphics turn out to be, as long as the gameplay stays the same, it stays the same; better graphics won't help gameplay. Now counter that.

lol that's it? Immersion? I expected more. Still haven't explained to me why Crysis 2 gameplay is so damn boring despite all the improvement in graphics. That "you haven't played, you can't criticize" argument is old as fvck. You don't need to waste $60 to buy something that you know it'll suck, human have eyes, ears and brain. We can observe, and think. You don't need to sit on a chair to know it's broken or not when you see its cracking legs. Similarly, you don't need to play the damn thing to know the core gameplay. I believe what I see until there's something else. And as I heard so far, "the QTE complete itself". Again I ask you, if the game turns out to have the best graphics ever, does it help that kind of gameplay?

How can you be so certain? What if the game turns out great? And why is Ryse even in this discussion provided it's graphics aren't even that great.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] Hey, adults are talking.

Eh? There's proof Dead Rising was struggling with framerate issues, heck watch the launch video MS showed and it's got popins in it. 360 also had reports of consoles bricking with November 2011 (might have been 2010) and Fall of the same year updates. MS had a couple of lawsuits i think.

Pretty bad graphics for not even a launch game too.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 rjdofu
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] You failed to understand logic? Your argument is that graphics does affect gameplay. My counter argument is that Crysis 2-3 with better graphics than Crysis 1 and the gameplays are still mediocre. And Ryse, despite the fact that the graphics are decent, everything about it so far has been disastrous in term of gameplay; now matter how good the graphics turn out to be, as long as the gameplay stays the same, it stays the same; better graphics won't help gameplay. Now counter that.

How can you be so certain? What if the game turns out great? And why is Ryse even in this discussion provided it's graphics aren't even that great.

Dodging my questions again? :?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#442 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
What a fvcking joke. 60 fps MINIMUM should be standard for this gen.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

These Games still have months till release and will get optimized so I'm not worried about performance... its good though these games were running on actual PS4 hardware !!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 ronvalencia

It's very early days yet, and at least they were brave enough to show them working on actual ps4's unlike xbone where they were on pc using windows 7 and a far higher graphics card than what a xbone will have in it. xbone are being very sneaky with what their showing. rumour has it that titan fall isn't even an exclusive and will be coming to ps4 later it's a timed exclusive. still waiting to see any worth while first party games yet from microsoft. same goes for sony really, but like others are saying history time and time again the start of the generation doesn't prove nothing when it comes to games look at the last of us and then look at saints row 2 such a massive difference. and there loads. can't wait tho.

bezza2011

Your statement is not accurate.

Read http://www.exophase.com/60348/hey-listen-a-story-about-xbox-one-demos/

That was a single demo unit, a single developer. Following the publishing of the picture, Michael Wilford went to Twitter to explain that the decision to use PC hardware was solely made by Twisted Pixel, the developers of LocoCycle.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

These Games still have months till release and will get optimized so I'm not worried about performance... its good though these games were running on actual PS4 hardware !!

Malta_1980
Care to show any console game that has shown poor performance 25fps to 60fps? because I would bet a lot of money on the fact that it will not happen. Optimisation can happen but from my memory of the past few years, the only thing that ever really gets better in terms of performance are PC games with driver updates and custom configs.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#446 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

o0squishy0o
Care to show any console game that has shown poor performance 25fps to 60fps? because I would bet a lot of money on the fact that it will not happen. Optimisation can happen but from my memory of the past few years, the only thing that ever really gets better in terms of performance are PC games with driver updates and custom configs.

True, console optimization usually involves cutting out or lowering settings. Also lets keep in mind that the GPUs in both consoles aren't new, there tech has been out for a while, so its not like the Cell where you have completely new architecture. HD7000 series has been out since 2012, and the hd6000 before that, so there is nothing new to learn.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

X1 has eSRAM which is faster than eDRAM. SRAM doesn't have refresh overheads like DRAM type technology.ronvalencia

Hey, it's the guy showing bench of lopsided scores for 1 benchmark... How you doing?

Still stuck on that whole ESRAM thing? Thought I told you to look up 5100 vs 5200... Oh and you forgot about that GT 650m.

Welcome back.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Pretty bad graphics for not even a launch game too.  killzowned24

***Pukes in mouth***

Ewwhhaa... Nasty.

Sub 30 FPS too.

Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts
If anyone is surprised that launch games, in an alpha state aren't running up to snuff, then you haven't been gaming very long. It's going to be like this for both systems until devs fully get a handle on the systems in about two years. Compare a Xbox 360 launch game to today and you'll understand.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

o0squishy0o

Well l hope then all games will be running smoothly at 30fps which is good enough for me although 60fps would be ideal !!