Did MS spend too much time focusing on BC this gen?

• 113 results
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@calvincfb said:

@sealionact: I didn't conceded, the facts remain: BC is irrelevant, BC doesn't sell consoles, BC is underused, BC is a waste of resources.

I think you need to learn the definition of a fact. Yeah perhaps you should go study cause going by your lack of understanding something as simple as what a fact is, you need it.

Fact - your opinion =/= everyone's

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@kingtito said:
@calvincfb said:

@sealionact: I didn't conceded, the facts remain: BC is irrelevant, BC doesn't sell consoles, BC is underused, BC is a waste of resources.

I think you need to learn the definition of a fact. Yeah perhaps you should go study cause going by your lack of understanding something as simple as what a fact is, you need it.

oh give it up.

the whole 'fact/opinion' meme is old, worn out and silly

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kingtito

@tryit said:
@kingtito said:
@calvincfb said:

oh give it up.

Perhaps you should stop trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Here's another FACT for you kid, your opinion =/= fact

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TryIt

@kingtito said:
@tryit said:
@kingtito said:
@calvincfb said:

oh give it up.

lol..

a 'fact' you say?

lol...anyway, it just old its like when a kid first discovers that a driveway should be called a parkway, they just cant shut up about it until they are 30.

yeah....thats right...you are smart and clever

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kingtito

@tryit said:
@kingtito said:
@tryit said:
@kingtito said:
@calvincfb said:

oh give it up.

lol..

a 'fact' you say?

lol...anyway, it just old its like when a kid first discovers that a driveway should be called a parkway, they just cant shut up about it until they are 30.

Well I do know the difference between a fact and an opinion. Something you clearly struggle with. Oh let me guess, when you say "fact" you don't really mean it's a fact. It's a figure of speech right? GTFO kid

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TryIt

@kingtito said:
@tryit said:
@kingtito said:
@tryit said:
@kingtito said:

oh give it up.

lol..

a 'fact' you say?

Well I do know the difference between a fact and an opinion. Something you clearly struggle with. Oh let me guess, when you say "fact" you don't really mean it's a fact. It's a figure of speech right? GTFO kid

dude!

who goes around impressed with themselves that they know the difference between fact and opinion and then proceded to tell everyone about how clever they are?

nobody gives a F&&&&

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts

This whole trying to pass opinions off as facts makes me think of the term, ‘truthiness’. lol

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kingtito

@tryit: Pretty much everyone except the individual trying to do so. Not rocket science kid. It's the SWs way but obviously you haven't been here long enough. Go study

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TryIt

@kingtito said:

@tryit: Pretty much everyone except the individual trying to do so. Not rocket science kid. It's the SWs way but obviously you haven't been here long enough. Go study

boring

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@kingtito: thanks for conceding and accepting the utter irrelevance of BC :)

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9836 Posts

@tryit: And yet Xbox HAS different games, and the sales figures have PS4 cows up in arms... They obviously are attracting new gamers because they sold around 300,000 new consoles according to the latest US figures.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TryIt

@sealionact said:

@tryit: And yet Xbox HAS different games, and the sales figures have PS4 cows up in arms... They obviously are attracting new gamers because they sold around 300,000 new consoles according to the latest US figures.

only remotely intelligence response to my observation made in this thread.

well done.

I just think MS should focus on games, not the price of games. I dont see games I am intrested in their system

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70240 Posts

As usual, Sony fannies continue to be more concerned about the Xbox than anyone else.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

Absolutely, considering how popular their BC has been. It was something that was criticized ever since we learnt that neither console would be getting BC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kingtito

@calvincfb said:

@kingtito: thanks for conceding and accepting the utter irrelevance of BC :)

How so? If it was the most requested feature by X1 owners how would that make it irrelevant? Isn't the PS5 going to be backwards compatible? Again, if Sony is going to implement it for the next gen console how would it be irrelevant?

Yeah, you're clueless

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

I thought it was pretty simple what MS's plan is. They "lost" the console race...they even admitted that...years ago. Their plan now is to shore up their brand, and get ready for the future, hence expanding BC, cross-platform play, cross-buy, buying beam, etc.

Sure people are getting impatient, and honestly I don't know what to tell them...maybe get another system? Hell, I bought a Switch last year to go with my XbOne, and everything is cool (but I don't play a game or two a month anymore, so...). Regardless, MS is building there platform for the future. No doubt the next Xbox will play XbOne, titles, 360, and OG Xbox games too.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

Has Sony not spent enough time focusing on doing BC? Hmmm. Depends how you look at it.

MS offers a FREE service that allows you to play games FROM THE LAST 2 GENS, some enhanced to 4k (XB1 is the only place to play RDR at 4k!). Sony charges for a sh*tty streaming service and tries to sell you old games again, even if you owned it on PS3. And don't get me started on Nintendo.

Once MS improves their 1st/2nd party output, which they are apparently, I'd rather own the console that offers this awesome BC service.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Of course they spent too much time on it. MS straight up wasted a ton of resources on old ass games this gen, and they are deservedly getting criticized for it. BC is fine and all, but in addition you better have a decent to great library of exclusive games for your console if you are going to make BC such a huge part of your plan. These days, the XB1 has no such library of exclusives. It hardly has exclusives to speak of anymore. On another note, focusing on older games is usually cool if you are going to make a solid effort at remaking/reimagining the original experience, such as how REmake was handled, or SotC, the new Spyro games (hopefully), etc. etc. And as for VR, well, it creates an entirely, dramatically new experience if done right, such as with Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, Wipeout VR, etc. etc. At the same time, new games need to be focused on, and VR is no exception. The PSVR, and other VR headsets, all have healthy, growing libraries of built-from-the-ground up VR games, such as Apex Construct, Farpoint, DOOM VFR, Statik, EVE, and on and on.

Anyway. The point I'm trying to make is that BC is not a horrible thing, but a video game company needs to throw considerable resources at new games to justify throwing any resources whatsoever at BC. People have criticized Sony for having too many remasters this gen, and I'm not saying that criticism is entirely invalidated, but at the same time, nobody is arguing that Sony has not spent a ton of money on exclusives, because they have, and continue to do so. The PSVR alone, a mere peripheral, has more official exclusives going forward than the entirety of what MS is offering with the XB1/X1X. That's just ridiculous. MS needs to spend the money on exclusives. Bottom line.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

BC should be the default standard for all systems. It should be as automatic these days as including a save system. I don't like most of what MS does, but this is one thing they did almost completely right, except for the fact that they only did it to a limited number of games. MS didn't spend too much time on it, Sony and Nintendo spent too little.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56347 Posts

@quadknight said:

Lems won't admit it because they don't want admit they wasted their money on the XboneX but the meltdowns and salt over PS4 games like UC4, HZD, GOW, Spiderman, TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Detroit, etc. tell a different story.

BC is a nice feature to have especially at launch but the fact is that MS had no plans to have BC originally. They only jumped on the BC train after it became clear they couldn't compete with the PS4 with new games and sales. They've spent far too much resources on it seeing as how their first party is a joke nowadays.

Go on Youtube and Twitter and you can see that the Xbox community is starting to grow impatient with MS despite BC. Many are starting to complain and are giving MS the message they better start bringing in the new games and experiences this E3. Despite MS' BC efforts a large portion of Xbox gamers are starting to fill the hunger for new games as they see the type of games the PS4 is getting and want some of that type of experience on the Xbox platform.

If BC was such an awesome feature to have this late into the gen Xbox wouldn't be getting destroyed in sales like it is right now but the Switch and PS4. Neither of the two top selling consoles right now have BC and they are both doing phenomenally well in sales.

Pretty much this honestly. Like I also mention, MS wasn't planing on BC at the start of this gen at all. They were really trying hard to tell everyone forget about Xbox 360 games and come on over to the new system and play new games. Even MS lied they can't do BC during Kinect mandatory bullshit they talk about and yet, they did BC with ease. They sure did BC just to admiring they couldn't have lots of exclusive games compare to PS4 and there were gamers who love the 360 so much, they didn't even want to go buy Xbox One without BC.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44656 Posts

I'm personally stoked to play Panzer Dragoon Orta again, I thought the Xbox 360 BC support was really nice offering widescreen option for HDTVs, can't wait to see what this looks like, the BC cinematics were problematic and ran choppy on Xbox 360 so should be interesting to see if they ironed that out.

I'd also like to try Portal 2 in 4K, haven't tried it yet since being added to the BC catalog but have been wanting to since I loved it when I played it on the Xbox 360, but now is a perfect time to do that.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@davillain- said:
@quadknight said:

Lems won't admit it because they don't want admit they wasted their money on the XboneX but the meltdowns and salt over PS4 games like UC4, HZD, GOW, Spiderman, TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Detroit, etc. tell a different story.

BC is a nice feature to have especially at launch but the fact is that MS had no plans to have BC originally. They only jumped on the BC train after it became clear they couldn't compete with the PS4 with new games and sales. They've spent far too much resources on it seeing as how their first party is a joke nowadays.

Go on Youtube and Twitter and you can see that the Xbox community is starting to grow impatient with MS despite BC. Many are starting to complain and are giving MS the message they better start bringing in the new games and experiences this E3. Despite MS' BC efforts a large portion of Xbox gamers are starting to fill the hunger for new games as they see the type of games the PS4 is getting and want some of that type of experience on the Xbox platform.

If BC was such an awesome feature to have this late into the gen Xbox wouldn't be getting destroyed in sales like it is right now but the Switch and PS4. Neither of the two top selling consoles right now have BC and they are both doing phenomenally well in sales.

Pretty much this honestly. Like I also mention, MS wasn't planing on BC at the start of this gen at all. They were really trying hard to tell everyone forget about Xbox 360 games and come on over to the new system and play new games. Even MS lied they can't do BC during Kinect mandatory bullshit they talk about and yet, they did BC with ease. They sure did BC just to admiring they couldn't have lots of exclusive games compare to PS4 and there were gamers who love the 360 so much, they didn't even want to go buy Xbox One without BC.

What difference does that make? Other than to give you cows an excuse to bitch?

Its evident Spencer was a big driver behind BC. Whether Mattrick and co. had planned for it prior to that is irrelevant. Its here now, so...

"they did BC with ease." Ease?? LOL try harder please

A team of engineers working on BC has nothing to do with their first party effort. Lets be serious here. They've pushed for BC because a)Spencer obviously wanted it and b)Its a pro-consumer move and MS is the underdog this gen. Thats what happens when a company is underdog, they make pro-consumer moves to try and compete.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

No, nothing wrong with making old games work on a new console in fact its a massive plus as far as I am concerned and one of the major benefits PC gamers have. Microsoft spent too much time NOT releasing worthwhile exclusives, and thats really all they needed to do.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56347 Posts

@RR360DD: Again, BC wasn't something MS was all that interest and if so, BC should have been included since Xbox One launch. Stop defending MS when you know MS wasn't interested in BC that is, until now.

And I'm not even saying i'm against it, it wasn't MS intention since this gen started.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

@Pedro said:

As usual, Sony fannies continue to be more concerned about the Xbox than anyone else.

Lol... so true.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@davillain- said:

@RR360DD: Again, BC wasn't something MS was all that interest and if so, BC should have been included since Xbox One launch. Stop defending MS when you know MS wasn't interested in BC that is, until now.

And I'm not even saying i'm against it, it wasn't MS intention since this gen started.

I never disputed what you said - I asked why it mattered.

So again, why does it matter if MS was interested or not at launch?

I'm not defending shit. I'm calling out your strawman argument.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7277 Posts

I don't know why but I firmly believe that ms have games to show at e3 that might shock a few people.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I never understood why someone would sell a console for pennies that they paid full price for.

I have never worried about BC because I don't volunteer to get screwed over by selling what I've bought to get the newest thing sooner. If I want to play Jade Empire on OG xbox I can and I don't have to wait for a patch to run it, or take up HD space for 10 year old games.

I think it's Microsoft's way of padding the end of this gen in a cost effective manner. Why invest in expensive new IPs and development costs for a console with two years left in this gen?

Phil Spencer said he didn't think they could match PS4 in sales this gen, so I think BC is MS way of trying to appeal to those niche crowds that like older games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

For starters, the library of BC games is minute compared to all the games in the Xbox/360 library so they didn’t and aren’t “wasting time” by making a game BC, and it’s not like every week there are 10 new games BC.

The problem with X1 was a real disaster at launch, practically it was like: “let’s make a list on how we can fvck up “ and literally that was what they implemented. They alienated their customers and are paying dearly for those mistakes.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

How is something that's free and completely optional pathetic? Wouldn't a service charging for BC be pathetic vs a free service? You may not like it but it's far from being pathetic. Good thing you opinion =/= reality

XBL vs PSN for 2 generations dowplayed Sony's free online service vs live,even that PS online even had more games on dedicated servers vs xbox live.

Again hypocrisy at its finest..

The xbox one is 5 years old this year,there should not be talks about BC,there should be talks about the new franchises and new sequels not old ass games from generations ago.

Again the PS3 for lemmings had no games,even that it was backward compatible with more than 5,000 games on 2006...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

How is something that's free and completely optional pathetic? Wouldn't a service charging for BC be pathetic vs a free service? You may not like it but it's far from being pathetic. Good thing you opinion =/= reality

XBL vs PSN for 2 generations dowplayed Sony's free online service vs live,even that PS online even had more games on dedicated servers vs xbox live.

Again hypocrisy at its finest..

The xbox one is 5 years old this year,there should not be talks about BC,there should be talks about the new franchises and new sequels not old ass games from generations ago.

Again the PS3 for lemmings had no games,even that it was backward compatible with more than 5,000 games on 2006...

We're not talking about an online service el tormented. We're talking about something given to it's customers that weren't even expecting it which he calls pathetic. The PS4 doesn't even offer BC and what they do is subpar to what MS is offering. So you really want to talk about a that Sony is charging for AND is inferior to it's competitors FREE offering? Yeah somehow I don't think so.

Why shouldn't there be? It's not a choice between new games or BC, it's in addition. You stop trying to make everything MS out to be worse than causing cancer while praising Sony for charging to stream old games.

And then was taken away........hahahah cows...love being duped AND milked. Damn you cows got suckered last gen. No wonder you're acting like complete asshats this gen

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Nope, MS has a small team doing the BC stuff. Besides the BC MS is also making sure your content transitions between generations. No longer needing to keep multiple systems meanwhile you have a team doing wonders in increasing the replayability of games.

You dont have to pay extra for anything like Sony does with PsNow and or buying remastered games. Also having missed out on games and now having the ability to go back along with giving games a longer shelf life by making online communities last.

Its a great feature that Sony really needs to work on along with a play anywhere solution. It would help them with sustaining large online player base and not be quick to pull the plug on games. Hopefully Sony will work on this and have some surprises at E3.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6960 Posts

Who cares when, why, or how the decision to put some more effort into BC was made? Who cares whether fanboys on whatever side said good or bad or indifferent things at whatever time about BC? Who cares whether MS is dedicating 3, 10, or 30 people to this? Or 3, 10, or $30 million to this?

It is a benefit, period. You may highly, barely, or not at all personally value the benefit....fair enough. But it is a benefit. And the opportunity cost is essentially zero for a company of MS' size.

Tl:dr There is nothing to debate/discuss.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45408 Posts

@SUD123456 said:

Who cares when, why, or how the decision to put some more effort into BC was made? Who cares whether fanboys on whatever side said good or bad or indifferent things at whatever time about BC? Who cares whether MS is dedicating 3, 10, or 30 people to this? Or 3, 10, or $30 million to this?

It is a benefit, period. You may highly, barely, or not at all personally value the benefit....fair enough. But it is a benefit. And the opportunity cost is essentially zero for a company of MS' size.

I think regardless of size, a company like MS is in the business of being profitable and making money. BC is good, but I'm not going to spend $500 on an Xbox One X to play games I already played, just to have them at a better resolution.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By tormentos

@SUD123456 said:

A benefit the PS3 had on 2006 with over 5,000 games from PS1 and PS2 and PS1 games could be enhance,and lemmings didn't care and claim the PS3 had no games.

Sorry history is there the PS3 demolish the shitty and broken BC the xbox one has,and no lemming ever care,they were to busy playing Gears of Wars, and other great games,to look back at the huge catalogue of games the PS3 instantly had.

Is incredible that instead of releasing something new and worthwhile MS biggest news is 4k support for Red Dead Redemption a multiplatform games from las gen.

Sorry bro but is 2018 the xbox one turns 5 this year,people should not be talking about BC now,i don't remember lemmings talking about BC on 2010..Hell on 2007 they didn't talk about it or care,to much new games and franchises,Bioshock,Oblivion,Halo 3,Forza,Gears,lost planet,mass effect.saints row and many others.

We just got a 94% God of war and lemmings are playing last gen games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tormentos: didn’t they remove that BC for PS2 games on later models along with other OS’s.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@robert_sparkes said:

BC is a good secondary option opening different types of games. MS also need a good 1st party showing.

Ummm, MS's Mighty Rare just launched only weeks ago a spectacular brand spanking new , Sea of Thieves. And don't believe the fake reviews, it's the best, freshest, most creative IP to hit the streets in ages.

Eh, but that doesn't count as good 1st party support I guess especially since it doesn't fit the Fake narrative and when it just game out only weeks ago. . :P

What a spin. LOL! 66 on OC or 69 on MC is a SPECTATULAR. Since when?

Spoken like someone who's never even touched Mighty Rare's, Phenomenal, Gimongous, One of a Kind, Big Blue, Best Sandbox ever, Creative, Unique, Never Gets Old, SP or MP, Never to be confused with a Walking sim, Movie game.... Sea MOFO of Thieves... Baby!!!

Also.... Since when? Since freakin when he asked????? Since Mighty SP says so. So I have written "SP slaps chest" So shall it be done.

Sheeesh, kids these days, bunch of skulls full of mush. lolol :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

We're not talking about an online service el tormented. We're talking about something given to it's customers that weren't even expecting it which he calls pathetic. The PS4 doesn't even offer BC and what they do is subpar to what MS is offering. So you really want to talk about a that Sony is charging for AND is inferior to it's competitors FREE offering? Yeah somehow I don't think so.

Why shouldn't there be? It's not a choice between new games or BC, it's in addition. You stop trying to make everything MS out to be worse than causing cancer while praising Sony for charging to stream old games.

And then was taken away........hahahah cows...love being duped AND milked. Damn you cows got suckered last gen. No wonder you're acting like complete asshats this gen

Which mean shit.

The analogy is the same,you pay for something that others were getting FREE,don't back track now.

And because it wasn't expected is that it sucks so much,few games work from the huge library of 360 games,and most are arcade games.

Yes it doesn't because Cell was to powerful to be emulated by a shitty Jaguar,doing BC on PS4 is not like on xbox one,is something that would require each game to be rewrite.

Again if PSN had more games on dedicated servers and live was mostly P2P doesn't that analogy apply here as well? on xbox 360 there was no azure,it was P2P for basically all games,but EA games who force MS to allow them to use their own servers a gen before,PSN on PS3 had more dedicated servers which mean cleaner less laggy games,as Resistance vs Gears proved,yet PSN was free and live wasn't.

NO stop the hypocrisy lemmings didn't care for BC the PS3 had more than 5,000 games instantly and lemmings didn't care,instant classic like MGS 1 and 2,all GOW games,all ratchet all Jak and Dexter games,FF tactics,FF7,FF10,all Tekken games,DOA 1 and 2,Resident evil,tomb raider,Gran turismo,you name it all the big guns all were compatible each one.

It was incredible and no lemming ever care,the PS3 has no games was the lemmings Jingle for like 5 years oh and sony is going bankrupt.

You lemmings were worse cows since the xbox landed..lol

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@SUD123456: not saying is not a benefit, but tc is asking should they spend more time in new games which is way bigger benefit for Xbox gamers imo.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@kingtito: at least we have new and exclusive games, you only have BC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Which mean shit.

The analogy is the same,you pay for something that others were getting FREE,don't back track now.

And because it wasn't expected is that it sucks so much,few games work from the huge library of 360 games,and most are arcade games.

Yes it doesn't because Cell was to powerful to be emulated by a shitty Jaguar,doing BC on PS4 is not like on xbox one,is something that would require each game to be rewrite.

Again if PSN had more games on dedicated servers and live was mostly P2P doesn't that analogy apply here as well? on xbox 360 there was no azure,it was P2P for basically all games,but EA games who force MS to allow them to use their own servers a gen before,PSN on PS3 had more dedicated servers which mean cleaner less laggy games,as Resistance vs Gears proved,yet PSN was free and live wasn't.

NO stop the hypocrisy lemmings didn't care for BC the PS3 had more than 5,000 games instantly and lemmings didn't care,instant classic like MGS 1 and 2,all GOW games,all ratchet all Jak and Dexter games,FF tactics,FF7,FF10,all Tekken games,DOA 1 and 2,Resident evil,tomb raider,Gran turismo,you name it all the big guns all were compatible each one.

It was incredible and no lemming ever care,the PS3 has no games was the lemmings Jingle for like 5 years oh and sony is going bankrupt.

You lemmings were worse cows since the xbox landed..lol

Actually El tormented it's not the same. You're trying to compare apples to oranges which is pretty much par for the course with your arguments. The jist, MS is the evil.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL the cell was soooooo powerful lolololol it was a paper tiger el tormented. LOLOLOL good one though

If only LIVE was much more than just dedicated servers or P2P play :) LIVE>>>>>PSN no debate about it el tormented that was settled 10 years ago but by all means continue to try till your thumbs become normal

It's not about lems caring more for BC, it's cows all of a sudden criticizing the X1 for it. It's a feature completely free and unexpected since MS said they couldn't do it. They did and the X1 customers don't have to do anything besides downloading a patch to use it. Cows don't have it so they're trying to shit on it. You'd understand this IF you had any reading comprehensionskillsSadly, you don't so you try to introduce an argument that isn't even there.

Hmmm that's funny cause I don't recall lems petitioning for people to get fired because a game didn't score what they wanted. I don't recall lems sending death threats or calling for games to NOT be shared with another console made by a 3rd party dev. I don't see a constant barrage of negative threads created by lems 24/7 unlike cows. What's the cows mantra "we don't love our console, we just hate yours" never more fitting.

You might want to edit that last sentence out El tormented

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kingtito

@calvincfb said:

@kingtito: at least we have new and exclusive games, you only have BC.

Or I have all the options, you know PC games, X1 games, PS4 games and Switch. You know, cause I'm a manticore :)

Never put limits on a hobby son, it'll make you look like a cow

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Microsoft really isn't investing much into it. The have an emulator they run it through and it upgrades all the game codes assets to today's console. Takes less than a day, and it's a very small Tech team.

It's a smart move because not only is it pro consumer, it builds a strong ecosystem/builds trust in investing in digital games library, and also gets late console generation jumpers off the fence. I personally waited almost a year because of backlogged games I wanted to play and know many others that waited longer, because games would not be coming with us. Not anymore and now they will play better too.

It is frustrating that this is the only announcements we are getting out of Redmond. We all want to see the road map but they don't want to show their hand to the competition. At this point it is E3 or bust and if there ever was a do or die this is it! It's coming soon enough and we will hear next to nothing until then.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: No, because the BC team were not part of the 1st party development houses.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Should have been fully bc from release. If they released an xbone that plays all Xbox games I would buy one right now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SecretPolice

@the-a-baum said:

Microsoft really isn't investing much into it. The have an emulator they run it through and it upgrades all the game codes assets to today's console. Takes less than a day, and it's a very small Tech team.

It's a smart move because not only is it pro consumer, it builds a strong ecosystem/builds trust in investing in digital games library, and also gets late console generation jumpers off the fence. I personally waited almost a year because of backlogged games I wanted to play and know many others that waited longer, because games would not be coming with us. Not anymore and now they will play better too.

It is frustrating that this is the only announcements we are getting out of Redmond. We all want to see the road map but they don't want to show their hand to the competition. At this point it is E3 or bust and if there ever was a do or die this is it! It's coming soon enough and we will hear next to nothing until then.

SP Approved. :)

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Does TC spend too much time making threads instead of participating in existing threads? Don't bother with an answer, it's rhetorical. lol :P

And of course the answer to the question is a big fat No, unless you're a typical insecure SW MS/Xbox anti-fan trying to be in with the Herd looking for acceptance and act like you hate Free options offered by MS.

Have you even look at the XB1 library , that shi..... is so embarrassing that it now on the endangered list .

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SecretPolice

@daredevils2k said:
@SecretPolice said:

Does TC spend too much time making threads instead of participating in existing threads? Don't bother with an answer, it's rhetorical. lol :P

And of course the answer to the question is a big fat No, unless you're a typical insecure SW MS/Xbox anti-fan trying to be in with the Herd looking for acceptance and act like you hate Free options offered by MS.

Have you even look at the XB1 library , that shi..... is so embarrassing that it now on the endangered list .

Pffftt, Just Sea of Thieves alone trounces the entire PS Bore library of Movie/ QTE games.

Serially, what a Borefest that crap system is. . If you're not gaming on Mighty X1X MonsterBox MasterRace, you're not gaming at all... Baby!!! lol :P

pouriarjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 pouriarjj
Member since 2018 • 168 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Just read a recent article about how MS is bringing more original Xbox and Xbox 360 games to the current system. I like that they are offering BC as a service for buying the new system, but can't help but think that they should have focused on new games instead. What do you think, SW? Did MS spend too much time on BC this gen? Below is the article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2018/04/10/morrowind-leaked-as-new-xbox-one-backward-compatible-title.aspx

Check out the full list and their corresponding release dates below.

Xbox 360 games getting Xbox One X Enhanced updates on April 10:

· Darksiders

· Gears of War 2

· Portal 2

· Red Dead Redemption

· Sonic Generations (first time available on Xbox One)

· Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Original Xbox games releasing on April 17:

· Blinx: The Time Sweeper

· Breakdown

· Conker: Live & Reloaded

· The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

· Hunter: The Reckoning

· Jade Empire

· Panzer Dragoon Orta

· SSX 3

Original Xbox games releasing on April 26:

· Destroy All Humans!

· Full Spectrum Warrior

· Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

· MX Unleashed

· Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (Europe only)

· Star Wars: Battlefront

· Star Wars: Battlefront II

· Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

· Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter

· Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

· Star Wars: Republic Commando

i think they did the right thing since last gen's games were way better than this gen

this gen it's all qte, cutscene, open world, multiplayer, loot box crap

plus, console gamers can finally experience something 60 fps