Did Bluehole con Microsoft out of their money with PUBG?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11139 Posts

@boycie: Why in the world would PS4 owners be jealous if they know what to expect if it came to their console? PS4 owners have gone from "maybe interested" to "dodged a bullet". I'm hoping they can get the game together, but as of now, MS played keepaway for nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@quadknight: PS fans sound like they have a lot of spare time in their hands at the moment then. You’d think they’d be playing games or patting themselves of the back for being so pleased with themselves.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@boycie said:

@quadknight: PS fans sound like they have a lot of spare time in their hands at the moment then. You’d think they’d be playing games or patting themselves of the back for being so pleased with themselves.

Actually that sounds like Xbone fans seeing as how PS4 dominating the year with exclusive games. Xbone fans currently lack games hence why they are hyping this piece of shit game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#54  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@quadknight: I agree with your overall sentiment about the shit state of PUBG and gamers in general. However, the comparison to Paragon is not a very good one. Paragon is created by Epic (the creators of Unreal engine) and it is a simple game technically that could run on a potato. I would be shocked if it was not optimized. PUBG is much more complex and larger scale. Bluehole did not make the engine either. So, optimization will be more difficult. Not making excuses, just saying the comparison is not fair.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: I can only comment on what i can see at the moment. And at the moment I see a lot of threads from bored and bitter PS owners. You can’t argue with facts.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By QuadKnight

@BassMan said:

@quadknight: I agree with your overall sentiment about the shit state of PUBG and gamers in general. However, the comparison to Paragon is not a very good one. Paragon is created by Epic (the creators of Unreal engine) and it is a simple game technically that could run on a potato. I would be shocked if it was not optimized. PUBG is much more complex and larger scale. Bluehole did not make the engine either. So, optimization will be more difficult. Not making excuses, just saying that the comparison is not fair.

I see what you mean and I agree and am totally aware of it. I think the main point I was trying to make is that people shouldn't release broken shitty games on console and try to use the excuse that they are early access. If they are making people pay for it they should at least get the game running at a relatively stable 30fps if nothing else. Random dips to sub-10fps in a multiplayer game is inexcusable. I'm not saying the graphics need to look spectacular like Paragon or anything but the game needs to work, PUBG on consoles is unplayable IMO.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie said:

@quadknight: I can only comment on what i can see at the moment. And at the moment I see a lot of threads from bored and bitter PS owners. You can’t argue with facts.

Out there in the world there's some random lunatic that thinks he is Jesus, just because he thinks he is Jesus doesn't make it a fact. You need to learn what a fact means.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BassMan

@quadknight said:
@BassMan said:

@quadknight: I agree with your overall sentiment about the shit state of PUBG and gamers in general. However, the comparison to Paragon is not a very good one. Paragon is created by Epic (the creators of Unreal engine) and it is a simple game technically that could run on a potato. I would be shocked if it was not optimized. PUBG is much more complex and larger scale. Bluehole did not make the engine either. So, optimization will be more difficult. Not making excuses, just saying that the comparison is not fair.

I see what you mean and I agree and am totally aware of it. In think the main point I was trying to make is that people shouldn't release broken shitty games on console and try to use the excuse that they are early access. If they are making people pay for it they should at least get the game running at a relatively stable 30fps if nothing else. Random dips to sub-10fps in a multiplayer game is inexcusable. I'm not saying the graphics need to look spectacular like Paragon or anything but the game needs to work, PUBG on consoles is unplayable IMO.

Honestly, I blame social media. It allows for hype and buzz about a game to get out of control quickly. Something will blow up in popularity and people are constantly being exposed to it in one way or another. They want to get in on it like a bunch of sheep. So, you have these poor bastards on console who just buy the game blindly the moment it is released. The game is absolute shit on console and I would not recommend it to anybody. People need to learn to be patient and not just buy shit on hype.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By QuadKnight

@BassMan said:
@quadknight said:
@BassMan said:

I see what you mean and I agree and am totally aware of it. In think the main point I was trying to make is that people shouldn't release broken shitty games on console and try to use the excuse that they are early access. If they are making people pay for it they should at least get the game running at a relatively stable 30fps if nothing else. Random dips to sub-10fps in a multiplayer game is inexcusable. I'm not saying the graphics need to look spectacular like Paragon or anything but the game needs to work, PUBG on consoles is unplayable IMO.

Honestly, I blame social media. It allows for hype and buzz about a game to get out of control quickly. Something will blow up in popularity and people are constantly being exposed to it in one way or another. They want to get in on it like a bunch of sheep. So, you have these poor bastards on console who just buy the game blindly the moment it is released. The game is absolute shit on console and I would not recommend it to anybody. People need to learn to be patient and not just buy shit on hype.

Yea you're right. Social media is ruining a lot of things, from politics to gaming. People are basically turning into sheep (:P SW pun not intended) before our very eyes thanks to social media.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@quadknight: internet forums turned people into self righteous bellends long before social media got popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#61 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@boycie said:

@Random_Matt: xbox fans may have the worst taste, but you PS fans definitely post the most bollocks. By a fucking mile!

And you assume i own a PS.

Damn, you are blind.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I lol at this bullshit. The game wasn't issue free when it went to Steam early access. Were the millions of PC players starving because the bought in and had fun playing PUBG?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

Poo, poo cows and their 10 alts a piece all talking to themselves thinking they'll make some kind of difference.... lololol Marooons I tellz ya....

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#64 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Thread about an Xbox game, 90% of posters are cows.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#65 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2961 Posts

Xbox is dead! Ya hear me?! Donezo. Sayonara! R.I.P. They REALLY screwed the pooch this time! etc.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Cows are stroking out over this game.

Fun to watch.

Pink Alt going strong.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@boycie

I think this forum is a perfect example of that also. :P Just look how some people act on this site. I think some people get some self worth thinking they are winning at something.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BenjaminBanklin

@cainetao11 said:

I lol at this bullshit. The game wasn't issue free when it went to Steam early access. Were the millions of PC players starving because the bought in and had fun playing PUBG?

Nope, but the PC players playing it can run the game better than consoles can for the most part. Because at the very least, they have sliders at their disposal to run it in a playable state. Xbox doesn't have such a luxury. It's going to be broken until they can patch the hell out of it and decide on a setting. I wouldn't hold my breath on that either, you're a bit screwed until then

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@phbz said:

Thread about a broken multiplat game, Xbox warriors get defensive about it anyway. Look, you can accept in the state its in, if you don't want better from it, that's on you. If the Xbox community is fine with being MS shoveling and hyping up early access games to them as the norm, then that takes the wind out of the sails of Xbox fans to look down games on other platforms. Because, you've proven that not only will you accept broken games on Xbox, you'll fight tooth and nail for them too. Even if it's a timed exclusive. When you act like you're starving, don't be surprised when everyone else calls you hungry.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@phbz said:

It's also coming to PS4 so there is reason for concern. Cows are also looking out for lems here. Bluehole better finish the game before releasing it on PS4.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

TC, dont you have a kite to fly or something?

Geez.....

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

About 90% of thr people complaining about this game haven't played it on Xbox, and have only watched that one video that was posted here earlier.

The few bugs aside, it is still legit fun to play, and captures the fun aspects that mad it so popular on pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Yes. Having in mind the public comments of PUBGs creator one can only conclude he's a pathetic greedy little man that stole an idea and whats to make it his own...

I wouldnt be susprised if he con'ed MS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Vatusus: which comments?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@boycie said:

@Vatusus: which comments?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/12/15/pubg-creator-isnt-happy-with-all-the-copycats-wants-better-ip-protection/

Yeah, the guy who stole ideas from DayZ, Arma mods, H1Z1, and other battle royale based media wants his cash cow protected from others who may do what he did...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#76 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69766 Posts

This is golden

"Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product."

And now you have Sony fanboys calling fowl because a work in progress( not final release game ) runs subpar. LOL. The injustice to gamers. How could MS do this? Teh Evil. LMAO. The bitterness of Sony fannies has now crossover to LEGENDARY. The PS4 has "all" those exclusives and yet everyday they cry about the Xbox One. Do Sony fannies even play games on their PS4 anymore?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@babyjoker1221 said:

About 90% of thr people complaining about this game haven't played it on Xbox, and have only watched that one video that was posted here earlier.

The few bugs aside, it is still legit fun to play, and captures the fun aspects that mad it so popular on pc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Vatusus: how do you go from that to ‘pathetic greedy little man’ ?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

@Pedro said:

This is golden

"Game Preview: Game is unfinished and work in progress, may change over time, and may not release as a final product."

And now you have Sony fanboys calling fowl because a work in progress( not final release game ) runs subpar. LOL. The injustice to gamers. How could MS do this? Teh Evil. LMAO. The bitterness of Sony fannies has now crossover to LEGENDARY. The PS4 has "all" those exclusives and yet everyday they cry about the Xbox One. Do Sony fannies even play games on their PS4 anymore?

The bolded at the end... They don't hardly buy these excuses they call exclusives let alone play them. If they do buy one, it's not Play it's mooaar like Watch them. lol :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@boycie said:

@Vatusus: how do you go from that to ‘pathetic greedy little man’ ?

Because he is

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Vatusus: didn’t sound that way to me when I read that story you linked to. I saw his chatting on giantbombs E3 coverage and he came across as a nice fella.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@BassMan said:

Even if PUBG wasn't a broken mess on Xbox, it was never going to be good. 30fps with a controller... terrible.

The standard has ALWAYS been 30 for consoles. Now it's a bad thing?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@BenjaminBanklin: I still keep saying what I've always said since Early Access appeared on Steam. The service is pretty clear in disclosing on what differentiates it from a regular full release. Like... It's not to be considered a finished product, nor is guaranteed that it will ever reach that state (Kickstarters included too). If someone doesn't like this, fine, don't buy it but don't cry about it either. I don't know, it should be simple enough to understand. But apparently for some reason it isn't.

The game has serious issues but it's completely playable, at least in my experience. Mostly because the worst of it is while you're not really playing the game. Yes it runs close to 10fps while you're on the plane, but it could run at 1fps and still wouldn't impact the game at all. Same goes for the lobby. And yes, during gameplay there's issues too, much less severe, and I hope they fix it. But I tell you what. Cows are pretending this is unacceptable (on a ****ing preview game), like they are above all this, yet The Last Guardian at FULL release had terrible performance on base hardware (and not that great with Pro) but most love the game. So apparently maybe it's possible to love a game even if it doesn't runs great, no? And what, are cows in denial that a utter pos like the Life of the Black Was actually promoted by Sony it self during the release week... Oh noes Lems accept broken games on their platform, they can not look down on us...lmao. Seriously.

And did it even occurred that people are actually having fun playing the game? Not due to lack of games or whatever shit sw argument you choose to justify you rancour? Because I can tell you, I regularly play on my Pro, Switch and X. On all of them I have a backlog of quality games that I choose not to play because right now PUBG took me over.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pedro

@phbz said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I still keep saying what I've always said since Early Access appeared on Steam. The service is pretty clear in disclosing on what differentiates it from a regular full release. Like... It's not to be considered a finished product, nor is guaranteed that it will ever reach that state (Kickstarters included too). If someone doesn't like this, fine, don't buy it but don't cry about it either. I don't know, it should be simple enough to understand. But apparently for some reason it isn't.

The game has serious issues but it's completely playable, at least in my experience. Mostly because the worst of it is while you're not really playing the game. Yes it runs close to 10fps while you're on the plane, but it could run at 1fps and still wouldn't impact the game at all. Same goes for the lobby. And yes, during gameplay there's issues too, much less severe, and I hope they fix it. But I tell you what. Cows are pretending this is unacceptable (on a ****!ng preview game), like they are above all this, yet The Last Guardian at FULL release had terrible performance on base hardware (and not that great with Pro) but most love the game. So apparently maybe it's possible to love a game even if it doesn't runs great, no? And what, are cows in denial that a utter pos like the Life of the Black Was actually promoted by Sony it self during the release week... Oh noes Lems accept broken games on their platform, they can not look down on us...lmao. Seriously.

And did it even occurred that people are actually having fun playing the game? Not due to lack of games or whatever shit sw argument you choose to justify you rancour? Because I can tell you, I regularly play on my Pro, Switch and X. On all of them I have a backlog of quality games that I choose not to play because right now PUBG took me over.

"Shut up you. How dare you come in this forum claiming to have fun in a game I have not played on a system I do not own. HOW DARE YOU?"

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BassMan

@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:

Even if PUBG wasn't a broken mess on Xbox, it was never going to be good. 30fps with a controller... terrible.

30fps has always been bad.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pedro

@BassMan said:
@kingtito said:
@BassMan said:

30fps has always been bad.

Nope. That's your opinion sir.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kingtito

@quadknight said:
@Xplode_games said:

Did Microsoft waste their money on a game that is blowing up selling millions and has all the cows shook pretending to like fortnite?

Is this the garbage that passes for a thread here? If the mods don't lock this trash, then this forum just went down a notch in category.

Why would anyone be shook bout a game that runs and looks as shit as this and is a multiplat that will eventually come to PS4?....

Loading Video...

BTW, this isn't me saying this as a cow, no I'm saying this as a gamer right now. Leave fanboyism aside. Why would anyone in their right mind be jealous of a game that looks this shit? I can run this game above 100fps on my PC if I wanted but I'm not even gonna bother buying and supporting this garbage. Stop supporting shitty games like this because you feel they are "exclusive" to your console. You may have "fun" with this trash but some of us like our games complete and not unfinished pieces of garbage. It's because of people like you buying and hyping garbage like this that a lot of these big publishers don't feel the need to release complete games these days.

Very sad state of gaming we are in, when shit like this sells a million in 3 days and good games struggle to break 500,000 in a year. I could understand if this game was being crowd funded or is very ambitious with its plans like Star Citizen but this game looks last gen in every regard and still runs this badly, it's inexcusable.

And please don't give me the "Early Access" excuse. PUBG isn't the first early access game on consoles. I remember getting Paragon on early access for my PS4 and PC over a year ago and it looked and ran beautifully. This is what it looked like when it released last year on PS4....

Loading Video...

To add insult to injury Paragon is using the same UE4 that PUBG uses. The PUBG devs are a complete joke.

Yeah you're shook. The game isn't available on the PS4 and it's sold over 1M in 48 hours. That sales figure alone has you shook quack. The fact you had to link a game not even close to the same level proves it......shook son

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Driveclub full on retail game gone gold and released with server ques, basically having to wait for someone to log out before getting into a multiplayer match.

People complaining about a $30 early access game that states the game isnt finished, but millions of people including me enjoy the game and know full on what to expect with early access/game preview program.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 kingtito

@Pedro said:

This is golden

They're not called the clowns of SWs for no reason....quack is leading them

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

Driveclub full on retail game gone gold and released with server ques, basically having to wait for someone to log out before getting into a multiplayer match.

People complaining about a $30 early access game that states the game isnt finished, but millions of people including me enjoy the game and know full on what to expect with early access/game preview program.

This happened when I was playing World of Warcraft when the Burning Crusade released. You could be waiting up to an hour to get into the game. They offered free server transfers, so I took it, and I ended up on a server with absolutely no one on it; it was dead as hell. I was thinking, "I'm fucking paying for this?" I immediately cancelled my subscription and never looked back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@boycie said:

@Vatusus: didn’t sound that way to me when I read that story you linked to. I saw his chatting on giantbombs E3 coverage and he came across as a nice fella.

Greedy people sound like "nice fellas". Andrew Wilson of EA sounded like a "nice fella"

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By QuadKnight

@kingtito said:

Yeah you're shook. The game isn't available on the PS4 and it's sold over 1M in 48 hours. That sales figure alone has you shook quack. The fact you had to link a game not even close to the same level proves it......shook son

They are both early access.

? @ "not close to the same level". One is from a competent dev that knows what they are doing and another is from a bunch of scam artists taking you lems for a ride. You're making excuses for a shitty game because it's the only game you clowns have this year.

Of course it will sell a million copies on the Xbone, you clowns are starved for games and this is the only high profile "exclusive" on Xbone this year. You are the one that's shaking in your boots over PS4's monstrous sales and killer 2018 lineup. The fact PS4 has all those AAA games lined up for 2018 and is breaking records left and right is making you lems increasingly butthurt and worried about Xbone's future prospects.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kingtito

@quadknight said:
@kingtito said:

They are both early access.

LOL @ "not close to the same level". One is from a competent dev that knows what they are doing and another is from a bunch of scam artists taking you lems for a ride. You're making excuses for a shitty game because it's the only game you clowns have this year. Of course it will sell a million copies on the Xbone, you clowns are starved for games. You are the one that's shaking in your boots over PS4's monstrous sales and killer 2018 lineup. The fact PS4 has all those AAA games lined up for 2018 and is breaking records left and right is making you lems increasingly butthurt and worried about Xbone's future prospects.

One no one gives a shit about the other sold 1M in 48 hours and you're shook. What's going to happen once it hit full release? Stay shook quack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Quack is kind of losing it lately.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By QuadKnight

@kingtito: PS4 owners have games to play of course they won’t care about it the same way game-starved lems will care about FlopG.

? You’re only proving my point more by touting its sales lol. A 5/10 flop selling a million in 48 hours isn’t something to be proud of when your highest rated game Flopza 7 can’t break a million. Are you lems even gamers?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@phbz said:

Quack is kind of losing it lately.

Of all the things he's lost he misses his mind the most :(

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: I see I’m getting under you lems’ skin ??. Means I must be hitting some points you clowns are uncomfortable with.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

No quack you're just proving once again that you are bad at this, if you wanna see how to stir a fanbase just watch how I do it in PSVR threads, oh damn you already know that because I trigger you in every one of those threads LMFAO.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

It's an Early Access game...

early access games means having at least ACCESS to it. I dont consider people on xbox to have access to it in its current state. Its unplayable. Thus, they should get a refund, and so should microsoft, since they paid exclusivity rights for a nonexistant "game".

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 kingtito

@quadknight said:

@kingtito: PS4 owners have games to play of course they won’t care about it the same way game-starved lems will care about FlopG.

? You’re only proving my point more by touting its sales lol. A 5/10 flop selling a million in 48 hours isn’t something to be proud of when your highest rated game Flopza 7 can’t break a million. Are you lems even gamers?

I didn't say I was proud quack. I said it's cause for you to be shook. I don't own the game nor do I plan on it. I just find it funny that cows have to constantly A) complain about a game they don't own and B) a game that isn't in final product form yet. That == shook quack