Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

@kuu2: the GT cars have more detail.

Easier to do when you have less cars on track or turn off physics which GT does.

Wait, so because there's a reason GTS was able to sport this, you decided to assert it has worse details? That makes no sense. Also, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding physics - unless you're referring to the destructable tire barriers? GTS absolutely has "physics", and good physics from all I've read

There is a sport mode and non sport mode. Sport mode has 24 cars on track due to limiting other features. Hence they call it sport mode. Regular mode has only 20 cars on track with features and even those features are static.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Wow the difference in quality is 2 gens apart. Gran Turismo 3: A-Specon the PlayStation 2 looks better than Forza 7.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@kuu2: do you have a link or anything that backs that up? This is the first time I d ever heard that settings are turned down or physics are reduced during online play.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kuu2

I am reading some reviews, does GT Sport lack tire tread build up around the track and lack puddle build up when raining or drying out?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:

@kuu2: do you have a link or anything that backs that up? This is the first time I d ever heard that settings are turned down or physics are reduced during online play.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/gran_turismo_sport/b/playstation4/archive/2017/10/20/game-informer-review-gt-sport.aspx

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@mowgly1 said:

Forza OBLITERATED!

"? bu....bu....bu...but muh metacritic!!1"

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: says nothing about what you're claiming.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By QuadKnight

So much damage control and tears from lems in this thread. Sad thing is that F7 on XboneX won't even match the PC version on Ultra that GTS beats.

? Why are lems buying an XboneX then if the premiere title for the system is getting beat by GTS on weaker hardware? Just goes to show that all the power in the world and "most powerful console ever" bullshit is no substitute for pure talent of in-house devs.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:

@kuu2: says nothing about what you're claiming.

You should read it again then.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: quote it because they don't even talk about car numbers on tracks. If you can't then I'm going to have to assume you're just trolling.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:

@kuu2: quote it because they don't even talk about car numbers on tracks. If you can't then I'm going to have to assume you're just trolling.

You asked about physics as well which the article talks about. You asked a question i answered it for you by posting a link.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: thanks for confirming that you're trolling.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

Easier to do when you have less cars on track or turn off physics which GT does.

Wait, so because there's a reason GTS was able to sport this, you decided to assert it has worse details? That makes no sense. Also, I have no idea what you are talking about regarding physics - unless you're referring to the destructable tire barriers? GTS absolutely has "physics", and good physics from all I've read

There is a sport mode and non sport mode. Sport mode has 24 cars on track due to limiting other features. Hence they call it sport mode. Regular mode has only 20 cars on track with features and even those features are static.

That doesn't help at all. My point is you flat out lied and said the car details are worse and physics is turned off in GTS. You are saying that your reason for making that misstatement is because having 20 cars on the track in some modes instead of 24 makes it easier to run the game with that level of detail. Ok? And? In other words, I'll repeat what I just asked above: "so because there's a reason GTS was able to sport this, you decided to assert it has worse details? That makes no sense."

Are the car details worse? No. Is physics turned off, no. The fact that it's "easier" to do given there are fewer cars on the track is separate from the fact that you are spreading misinformation

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#64 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

Both great looking games. I particularly like GT in the daytime, very true to life. Like the sun is literally beating right down on the track.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kuu2

@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

That doesn't help at all. My point is you flat out lied and said the car details are worse and physics is turned off in GTS. You are saying that your reason for making that misstatement is because having 20 cars on the track in some modes instead of 24 makes it easier to run the game with that level of detail. Ok? And? In other words, I'll repeat what I just asked above: "so because there's a reason GTS was able to sport this, you decided to assert it has worse details? That makes no sense."

Are the car details worse? No. Is physics turned off, no. The fact that it's "easier" to do given there are fewer cars on the track is separate from the fact that you are spreading misinformation

From the GameInformer article.

"Overall, the fact that car collision is disabled when someone re-enters from off the track or spins out of control thankfully prevents all hell from breaking loose during online races. In another concession, even shots from behind don't automatically send you careening."

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:
@kuu2 said:

"Overall, the fact that car collision is disabled when someone re-enters from off the track or spins out of control thankfully prevents all hell from breaking loose during online races. In another concession, even shots from behind don't automatically send you careening."

That's not turning off physics for performance. They ghost your car if you wipe out so you don't cause a pile up. It's not because the system can't handle it, it's to prevent inexperienced players from ruining races.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By QuadKnight

? @ kuu2 owning himself in this thread. Dude caught lying and now he’s desperately trying to backtrack.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

So judging from the analysis, GTS looks like it's a better looking game overall. Both looks good, but GTS seems to be better in that regard it seems.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuu2
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

That's not turning off physics for performance. They ghost your car if you wipe out so you don't cause a pile up. It's not because the system can't handle it, it's to prevent inexperienced players from ruining races.

"In another concession"

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

"In another concession"

Yeah, to prevent a douchebag from ruining the race. Not because the performance would suffer. You're really reaching here.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

"In another concession"

Yeah, to prevent a douchebag from ruining the race. Not because the performance would suffer. You're really reaching here.

Then why limit cars to 20 on a different mode and not in the gimped 24 car mode?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@xantufrog said:

"In another concession"

This kind of reads like this:

Kuu: "Honda Civics are heavier than Ford Explorers"

Me: "No, they aren't"

Kuu: "Only because they are smaller and have ABS turned off!"

Me: "Wut, and no, ABS isn't turned off"

Kuu: "Yes - 'in another concession, Honda Civics don't have 4WD' "

I think he's hoping if we wander far enough from his initial claim we'll never be able to find it again

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zero_epyon

@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

"In another concession"

Then why limit cars to 20 on a different mode and not in the gimped 24 car mode?

My guess is that the AI, which excels over Forza's AI, is more demanding. So having 4 more AI cars might have caused some performance dips. Online racing doesn't have that kind of strain since all cars are player controlled and that extra power can be used to support the 4 extra cars. If anything, the Arcade mode is gimped.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

impressive that a ps4 pro title exceeds (graphically) a maxed out PC version in 4k. I think I still enjoy the Forza series more. Nevertheless, TLHBO.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Zero_epyon

@xantufrog said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:

"In another concession"

This kind of reads like this:

Kuu: "Honda Civics are heavier than Ford Explorers"

Me: "No, they aren't"

Kuu: "Only because they are smaller and have ABS turned off!"

Me: "Wut, and no, ABS isn't turned off"

Kuu: "Yes - 'in another concession, Honda Civics don't have 4WD' "

I think he's hoping if we wander far enough from his initial claim we'll never be able to find it again

lol spot on!

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

kuu2 is worst troll ever in SW lmao

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@kuu2 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

"In another concession"

My guess is that the AI, which excels over Forza's AI, is more demanding. So having 4 more AI cars might have caused some performance dips. Online racing doesn't have that kind of strain since all cars are player controlled and that extra power can be used to support the 4 extra cars. If anything, the Arcade mode is gimped.

So when Sony makes compromises its in the name of gaming but when Msoft makes compromises its because the hardware is weaksauce. Got it.

Forza has all 24 cars running in all modes superior car game confirmed, and doesn't turn off, or down, or design collision differently when online or off line.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Hmmmm... I suppose when you include only a handful of cars and tracks compared to other games, you can make them look abit nicer. I'd rather have the game with more cars and tracks though to be honest.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By QuadKnight

? He’s still teaching failing.

C’mon kuu2 it’s okay to admit when you’re wrong about something.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zero_epyon

@kuu2: yeah but Forzas ai sucks.

And collision isn't turned off. I mean seriously at least watch a video of the game. You're sounding like you've never even seen the game in action. It ghosts the car. Doesn't mean collisions are off all together as collisions still happen.

And no one is claiming the Xbox one x is weak. Get that straw man stuff outta here

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kuu2

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Hmmmm... I suppose when you include only a handful of cars and tracks compared to other games, you can make them look abit nicer. I'd rather have the game with more cars and tracks to be honest.

Anyone would except those that don't have a game on their console that offers that.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

So Forza is better good for them

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kuu2

@Zero_epyon: There was a design choice made due to performance limits on both consoles. Two that were made in GT was the amount of cars and the physics employed due to many cars on track. Spin outs, and bumping are all part of racing and pile-ups occur online all the time. To take those away violates the integrity of racing. I am not even a fan of racing games but to take those things out is for sure a compromise just as the author said.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Zero_epyon: There was a design choice made due to performance limits on both consoles. Two that were made in GT was the amount of cars and the physics employed due to many cars on track. Spin outs, and bumping are all part of racing and pile-ups occur online all the time. To take those away violates the integrity of racing. I am not even a fan of racing games but to take those things out is for sure a compromise just as the author said.

Ya, GT should allow players to rewind and show that true racing integrity.

It's obvious why it's employed and you're grasping hard here.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kuu2

@Chutebox said:
@kuu2 said:

Ya, GT should allow players to rewind and show that true racing integrity.

It's obvious why it's employed and you're grasping hard here.

If it wasn't for the difference going from 24 to 20 cars I wouldn't harp on it so much. There is no reason for such a move unless the system couldn't do it with all the detail Sony put into the game.

We also still know no dynamic lighting, weather, or tire tracks on the surface like Forza.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@EG101 said:
@Jag85 said:

The video makes it clear that GT Sport is the much better-looking game overall:

GT Sport has better lighting, photorealism, shadows, cars, trees, characters and replays (due to its more advanced engine).

Forza 7 has better textures and higher resolution (due to running on stronger hardware).

Guess you chose to ignore what F7 does better than GTS. Don't forget which one has dynamic time of day and 24 cars on the track...

but during the video the time of day never changed....neither did the position of the sun........he said there was a slight change only from dusk till night......

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: yeah but what you claimed: collisions and physics are turned off, are not one of those compromises. If you listen to racing sim reviews, they praise the ghosting. People colliding into others still happens but they can at least avoid the one idiot who just goes in specifically to ruin other people's races. If they allowed that l, then their whole sport philosophy would fall apart because of a troll. And you'd be the first person to harp on that.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kuu2

@Zero_epyon said:

@kuu2: yeah but what you claimed: collisions and physics are turned off, are not one of those compromises. If you listen to racing sim reviews, they praise the ghosting. People colliding into others still happens but they can at least avoid the one idiot who just goes in specifically to ruin other people's races. If they allowed that l, then their whole sport philosophy would fall apart because of a troll. And you'd be the first person to harp on that.

Having to deal with a spin out, or someone bumping you is part of racing as stated, and those things are in the offline mode which dips to 20 cars.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

GT wins...hahaahah

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zero_epyon

@kuu2: yup and beginners don't know how. That's why in races with more skilled racers, these setting are turned down or removed altogether. Please do some research.

In arcade, you can restart the game. It's ai dude.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 kuu2

@stereointegrity said:
@EG101 said:

Guess you chose to ignore what F7 does better than GTS. Don't forget which one has dynamic time of day and 24 cars on the track...

but during the video the time of day never changed....neither did the position of the sun........he said there was a slight change only from dusk till night......

The movement is based on where you are on the track. Just another way of doing it but I guess you can say its not dynamic. The point though is you can start a game at night or day and end up with the opposite. Something GT doesn't do.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zero_epyon

@stereointegrity: and I think that's it's really just streaming in new textures with all of the pre baked shadows. If time of day and random weather are what really get people going, they should play project cars. That game shows off what these systems should be. It even had snow now.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 PinkAnimal

@stereointegrity said:
@EG101 said:
@Jag85 said:

The video makes it clear that GT Sport is the much better-looking game overall:

GT Sport has better lighting, photorealism, shadows, cars, trees, characters and replays (due to its more advanced engine).

Forza 7 has better textures and higher resolution (due to running on stronger hardware).

Forza has semi-dynamic weather and day change so it changes according to where you are on the race. That allows Forza to have pre-baked shadows for most components on the race and dynamic shadows on cars only.

Meanwhile GT lacks dynamic weather and change of day but is has dynamic shadows for every component.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

From the summary it appears both games are even, forza does something's better, GT has the edge on others

So why yall fightinng/baiting in here haha

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zero_epyon

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

From the summary it appears both games are even, forza does something's better, GT has the edge on others

Beats me lol. I guess some were expect DF to say either: "Forza outclasses GT sport in every way because of Xbox One X" or "GT Sport outclasses Forza despite the power of Xbox One X"

Neither happened and the rest is history.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kuu2
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Its really about the actual racing features that were cut that is the discussion. No one is arguing that they both look good. GT however actually scales down the number of cars in a race, weather, certain physics, and lighting to get to certain abilities graphically. In my opinion it is a huge compromise.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 PinkAnimal

@kuu2 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Its really about the actual racing features that were cut that is the discussion. No one is arguing that they both look good. GT however actually scales down the number of cars in a race, weather, certain physics, and lighting to get to certain abilities graphically. In my opinion it is a huge compromise.

And Forza has worse AI, worse car physics, less detailed cars, less dynamic shadowing, simpler tree and crowd models so both have compromises if you define them that way

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Funny how DF didn't mention the horrible draw distance of reflections in GT Sport's review mirrors. It's like PS2 levels of bad..

And it's clear that the replays in GT S look like that because there is layers of post processing effects not present during actual gameplay. I am impressed by GT's lighting though, it looks great. I prefer Forza 7's sense of speed overall.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@kuu2: But the x1x is 40 stronger right ?

That makes it worth the sway right ?

Thats what i thought. Until the x1x is 100 cash less than the pro i dont wanna hear nothing lol

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

Funny how DF didn't mention the horrible draw distance of reflections in GT Sport's review mirrors. It's like PS2 levels of bad..

And it's clear that the replays in GT S look like that because there is layers of post processing effects not present during actual gameplay. I am impressed by GT's lighting though, it looks great. I prefer Forza 7's sense of speed overall.

Well if you research the author of the article on DF, he's got a distinctive history.