[DF] Monster Hunter World: PS4/PS4 Pro vs Xbox One/Xbox One X Comparison + Performance Test

• 140 results
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Don't know if I should buy this game. I'd buy it for the X of course and I did like the first MH on mah 3DS (never finished it though)...

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

More than likely a CPU bottleneck as there isn't that much difference between the X and Pro in that department.

Microsoft really balanced their hardware wrong, no dev is gonna spend more time optimising for a platform with no users and by optimise I mean rewrite parts of the code.

Not only that you have to take into account Microsoft forcing devs to use DirectX then whatever they are using on the PS4, if MS let devs do what they like I bet it would be faster.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

Lmao.... I remember when the Q6600 came out and everyone instantly thought mutlti-threading would become massive....... and here we are 10+ years later and it's still not got any real traction in terms of adoption.

What? I don't know what planet you've been living on, but quad cores became quite interesting quite fast. Look at games like gta IV and battlefield series. GTA IV was 2008.

I was living on Earth........ There was the odd exception but generally and when working out the ratio of games released VS games that could use more then 2 threads it was obvious that dual core was still the way to go....

Original GTA4 review from 2008..... Dual cores don't seem to be doing such a bad job to me.

nice job on cherry picking benchmarks, quad cores are significantly better at gta IV, allthough you don't have to a genius to see the same trend in your graph. dual cores were not the way to go, if you could afford it, you bought a quad core.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By commander
@Juub1990 said:

@commander: WTF has RDR2 got to do with any of this? I also thought you had sold your PS4.

well pc gamers have to wait for monster hunter, while we can play it now, if pc gamers start to play monster hunter, we will be able to play rdr2. At least that was my reasoning at first, now I see that monster hunter on the pc is due for autumn 2018. Have fun waiting.

I had a ps4 for a couple of months, I'm an xbox dude remember.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@commander said:

well pc gamers have to wait for monster hunter, while we can play it now, if pc gamers start to play monster hunter, we will be able to play rdr2. At least that was my reasoning at first, now I see that monster hunter on the pc is due for autumn 2018. Have fun waiting.

We're in no rush. Plenty of games to keep us busy. As long as the port is good I'll wait until 2030 if I need to.

And no I don't. Don't you have an Xbox and a PC now? Kinda redundant.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#106 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

LOL! MHW on Pro in Resolution mode has a sharper image than X version. Hilarious.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

We're in no rush. Plenty of games to keep us busy. As long as the port is good I'll wait until 2030 if I need to.

Well I rather not wait, not to mention I rather play with my friends on the xbox.

why would that be redundant, the multiplayer platform is different from the pc. Stop chewing on the same old bone, the pc vs console discussion is only viable when you're comparing single player games and even then the price is totally different. I only use my pc for vr, it's in a seperate area in my house.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Juub1990

@commander: Enjoy paying 60$ for online I guess.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

So what do you want?

Trash or garbage?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:

@commander: Enjoy paying 60$ for online I guess.

last time I paid 40$ and that's part of the package. No way I'm spending my time on a pc for my pancake games, especially now with the xboxone x.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

This last few months cows have been shitting on checkerboarded claiming native is better.

the Pro is not running native, the X1X is.. so where does that argument fall now?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#112 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69486 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

This last few months cows have been shitting on checkerboarded claiming native is better.

the Pro is not running native, the X1X is.. so where does that argument fall now?

I am more baffled by the idea that the current framerates of consoles are now unplayable. This notion seem to have become the norm the moment the One X graced itself on the market. Now all consoles are shit.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:

Lmao.... I remember when the Q6600 came out and everyone instantly thought mutlti-threading would become massive....... and here we are 10+ years later and it's still not got any real traction in terms of adoption.

What? I don't know what planet you've been living on, but quad cores became quite interesting quite fast. Look at games like gta IV and battlefield series. GTA IV was 2008.

I was living on Earth........ There was the odd exception but generally and when working out the ratio of games released VS games that could use more then 2 threads it was obvious that dual core was still the way to go....

Original GTA4 review from 2008..... Dual cores don't seem to be doing such a bad job to me.

nice job on cherry picking benchmarks, quad cores are significantly better at gta IV, allthough you don't have to a genius to see the same trend in your graph. dual cores were not the way to go, if you could afford it, you bought a quad core.

Nice job on cherry picking new architectures........

It's been OVER 10 YEARS since the Q6600...... read it again, let it sink in.. .........10 YEARS....... and we're still a point where quad cores are still, generally, the better gaming chips and all that is needed.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 scatteh316

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

From the Digital Foundry article

Xbox One X, however, resolves at 1728p, a clear 4x boost to the base hardware's 864p,

with the same reconstruction-style artefacts seen on base hardware

The argument falls with people learning to read and listen to all the information that is given to them...... clearly something you have not done.

Native rendering wouldn't have reconstruction artefacts now would it.....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#115 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69486 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Xbox One X, however, resolves at 1728p, a clear 4x boost to the base hardware's 864p,

The argument falls with people learning to read and listen to all the information that is given to them...... clearly something you have not done.

If you read or listen well you would have known that they don't know how the image is being constructed/rendered and they were very clear in stating that and that the PS4 Pro uses checkerboard and the One X doesn't. Native rendering can have artifacts because the occurrence of artifacts is dependent on the render pipeline.

It really sucks that gaming has become all about the graphical technology than the game.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 commander

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:

Nice job on cherry picking new architectures........

It's been OVER 10 YEARS since the Q6600...... read it again, let it sink in.. .........10 YEARS....... and we're still a point where quad cores are still, generally, the better gaming chips and all that is needed.

what architectures, it just points out the difference between quad cores and dual cores at the same ghz. Both intel and amd are in there.

What does it matter it's been 10 years since the q6600 and quad cores are not the best gaming chip today, coffee lake is a nice example of that.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@scatteh316: I read the OPs tldr for those that missed the video

I'm going off that Info

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7704 Posts

@commander said:
@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

Well I rather not wait, not to mention I rather play with my friends on the xbox.

why would that be redundant, the multiplayer platform is different from the pc. Stop chewing on the same old bone, the pc vs console discussion is only viable when you're comparing single player games and even then the price is totally different. I only use my pc for vr, it's in a seperate area in my house.

You actually have friends who own xbox one? damn

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@loganx77 said:

@Xplode_games: I bought the game on the Pro last night. Im playing on a 65 inch 4k screen and the artifacts outside of distant vines is pretty much non existent. You would need to be about 2 feet away from a 65inch screen to notice it. But since were dealing with system wars hyperbole its nice to play in res mode on the pro and still have some foilage.

That's great, I'm glad you're enjoying the game. But you should know it absolutely looks better on the X1X. You will never know that because you don't have that version.

The good news is that you don't know what you're missing. The bad news is that you don't know what you're missing.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LoganX77
Member since 2017 • 1050 Posts

@Xplode_games: Except ive seen it on the X. Guess what ? It looks slightly worse... in all honesty it comes down to nitpicking though and the biggest advantage of the PS4 version is the community.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Makes waiting for PC version quite easy

Came here to say this! lol.

Not to mention the mods and SweetFx/Reshade to fix the bland color.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Xplode_games

@scatteh316 said:
@commander said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xplode_games said:
@Juub1990 said:

I know BassMan and he's perfectly comfortable with 60fps. Please quote him laughing at 60fps. Even if he did, he obviously games at 144fps only in older games seeing even a 1080 Ti won't reach 140fps at 3440x1440p in recent games. Likewise, the 7700K won't be a bottleneck for these old games either.

His CPU doesn't bottleneck his GPU. That's completely false. Unless his target frame rate is like 200fps in CS:GO, the 7700K won't be a problem. The 1080 Ti will choke way before it.

And dude, the 7700K outperforms the 1800X to this day and you're calling it garbage. WTF is that? Yeah in 3-4 years from now it might start to outdo the 7700K but as it stands, it's still slower and since your predictions are shit and we're not in 2020, saying purchasing a 7700K in 2017 is a bad choice makes you a fool. You pick based on your needs and the 7700K slaughters currently and for the foreseeable future. Even in the future it won't be a bottleneck for 60fps and by the time it becomes one, it'll be so outdated it won't even matter.

You called the 7700K garbage and that it will bottleneck a 1080 Ti and that is false. Please provide evidence for your claims or GTFO.

Now with FUTURE GAMES that will be highly threaded, what happens to the only thing you were holding onto?

Did you really not learn anything from back then? The dual core was insignificantly faster than the Q6600 in games but a lot worse in multithreaded apps and of course all future apps that would be more heavily threaded. The only reason people bought the E 8500 and 8400 was because they were much cheaper and in gaming at the time just as good as the quad core.

Very soon after everyone moved to quad and they even pretended to never advocate for dual and single core processors. I expect this will be the same with you. After claiming the 4 core 8 thread 7700k is great for gaming, you will pretend you were along for the ride all along with the 8 core 16 thread and better highly threaded CPUs of the day.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Juub1990
@Xplode_games said:

Did you really not learn anything from back then? The dual core was insignificantly faster than the Q6600 in games but a lot worse in multithreaded apps and of course all future apps that would be more heavily threaded. The only reason people bought the E 8500 and 8400 was because they were much cheaper and in gaming at the time just as good as the quad core.

Very soon after everyone moved to quad and they even pretended to never advocate for dual and single core processors. I expect this will be the same with you. After claiming the 4 core 8 thread 7700k is great for gaming, you will pretend you were along for the ride all along with the 8 core 16 thread and better highly threaded CPUs of the day.

Feel free to bump this thread in 5 years from now. For now you're wrong and very much so. The 7700K is very good for gaming and certainly isn't garbage. Else you better start calling the X1X a piece of shit. If not you're an hypocrite but we already knew that.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 scatteh316

@Pedro said:
@scatteh316 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

If you read or listen well you would have known that they don't know how the image is being constructed/rendered and they were very clear in stating that and that the PS4 Pro uses checkerboard and the One X doesn't. Native rendering can have artifacts because the occurrence of artifacts is dependent on the render pipeline.

It really sucks that gaming has become all about the graphical technology than the game.

They also state iirc that the shapes of the artefacts aren't typical CB style..... Or was that another video...

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Xplode_games

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

If the port is bad will you wait forever?

Loading Video...

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Xplode_games

@loganx77 said:

@Xplode_games: Except ive seen it on the X. Guess what ? It looks slightly worse... in all honesty it comes down to nitpicking though and the biggest advantage of the PS4 version is the community.

It's fine to choose the PS4 for the community, just don't say you are choosing it for the graphics. That can't be the case.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LoganX77

@Xplode_games: Well it does look better. Slightly more artifacting that you wont notice and more detail that you will notice. Not to mention it runs better on the Pro in the resolution mode.

But visually speaking they look extremly close.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Xplode_games

@loganx77 said:

@Xplode_games: Well it does look better. Slightly more artifacting that you wont notice and more detail that you will notice. Not to mention it runs better on the Pro in the resolution mode.

But visually speaking they look extremly close.

Enjoy playing with your friends. I'm sure you made the right decision.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Everyone in favor of renaming Xplode_games to Exposed_Clown, says AYE

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#130 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@loganx77: So the Pro wins? I figured this would happen with Japanese developed games."

Yup.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@loganx77 said:

You've seen it side by side? Because no way in hell are you going to tell a difference any other way.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#133  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17809 Posts

@Xplode_games: Ryzen is so amazing for gaming....

Loading Video...

LMAO

Those cores though... A lot of cores doesn't mean shit unless the cores are strong like in the 8700K.

LoganX77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 LoganX77

@kingtito: I did actually. And in all honesty your right the difference was minimal on both sides. I did think the pro looked slightly better but it makes you realize the insane hyperbole here in SW.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Juub1990

@Xplode_games So you ran away like usual? Got schooled again. Thanks for playing along though.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

"For most the video is too long" - hits you with 5 page wall of text :P

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 commander

@SoAmazingBaby said:

"For most the video is too long" - hits you with 5 page wall of text :P

Well I actually took time to watch the video after I saw that wall lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#138 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17809 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Xplode_games So you ran away like usual? Got schooled again. Thanks for playing along though.

Yeah, he ran off like the Exposed_Clown that he is.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

some sort of temporal reconstruction v Checkboard at nearly the same resolution - DF says it looks better on the X

Missing detail v better FPS

While its not the best example of the gap you cant slate FPS on the X (in other games) and then state the Pro version is better.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By scatteh316

@BassMan said:

@Xplode_games: Ryzen is so amazing for gaming....

Loading Video...

LMAO

Those cores though... A lot of cores doesn't mean shit unless the cores are strong like in the 8700K.

Clock for clock they trade blows.... Ryzen just sucks because it's overclock ceiling is 4 to 4.1Ghz compared to Intels 5 to 5.2Ghz.... 20%+ performance advantage for Intel from clock speed alone when factoring overclocking.

Hoping that Ryzen refresh increases this clock speed ceiling as that will make things very interesting.