Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="Chozofication"]

Ugh...

If I am to be honest, it's actually a pretty fun game.  And the content would be pretty cringe worthy, if it wasn't so over the top.  They intentionally made the characters like that, so much so that I think they did it to intentionally piss people off.  For example, you can see that when the **** white wig comes out of nowhere.

So the gameplay is fun, no more no less, but everything else is just... stupid.  If I don't want a challenging action game, i'll play god of War, which has amazing content.  Not this pile of crap.  The whole game feels like it was just a slap in the face to the fans of the Capcom of old.

People, really just need to stop feeding this POS company and make them do something drastic.  They don't have the power of activision or EA, so it's possible.

seanmcloughlin

IMO they needed to keep the characters way over the top more. Having Dante act and say stupid sh!t would have worked if they didn't have him doing heart to hearts with Vergil after. It brough a balance, but it wasn't needed. If everything was just dumb fun then it would have worked a lot more. 

That's why shadows of the damned works so well, because it doesn't take itself too seriously and has a lot of fun with how dumb it is sometimes

There is over the top in a good way, and there is over the top in a bad way.  This is the latter.  I could go on for half an hour about how **** stupid the crap in DmC is.  I like shallow gameplay sometimes, if it's tight and fun, so long as the content is also good.  Also, there's no spectacle in DmC.

Shadows of the damned was worse.  At least DmC had tight gameplay.  Suda 51's games may as well have been anime.

Nickmanx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 Nickmanx5
Member since 2003 • 194 Posts

what i find so funny is people are always going if you dont like it then dont buy your just the vocal minority and then when nobody bought it everyone starts crying fanboy also heres a qoute that fits that explains this games situation with the fans. The Anti-DmC argument is something like : DmC has downgraded difficulty from the past games, it has less variety in weapons as the previous entries (especially DMC3), has less moves at one time that DMC4 has with some moves doing essentially the same thing, and overall shoddy mechanics (JC window and hitboxes, dodge stuffs, etc). Not to mention some questionable things in the story like Dante changing his entire goal to get laid, and the brothers randomly hating each other because of what seems to be an overstatement, though pretty crudely stated with the humans needing to be protected. Wasn't exactly wrong.

The Pro-DmC argument will then say: Why the **** are you complaining about the hair though? It's the same guy just a little different in ONE department. ****ing fanboy.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

what i find so funny is people are always going if you dont like it then dont buy your just the vocal minority and then when nobody bought it everyone starts crying fanboy also heres a qoute that fits that explains this games situation with the fans. The Anti-DmC argument is something like : DmC has downgraded difficulty from the past games, it has less variety in weapons as the previous entries (especially DMC3), has less moves at one time that DMC4 has with some moves doing essentially the same thing, and overall shoddy mechanics (JC window and hitboxes, dodge stuffs, etc). Not to mention some questionable things in the story like Dante changing his entire goal to get laid, and the brothers randomly hating each other because of what seems to be an overstatement, though pretty crudely stated with the humans needing to be protected. Wasn't exactly wrong.

The Pro-DmC argument will then say: Why the **** are you complaining about the hair though? It's the same guy just a little different in ONE department. ****ing fanboy.

Nickmanx5

lmao. Spot on.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

I don't blame anyone for calling it a horrible mess with no redeeming quality's, because it's certainly not worth playing and it's far easier to say that then to find the good in it.

I can't even imagine how bad Capcom is going to be next gen.  I have a feeling they're going to crash and burn.

L0mak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 L0mak
Member since 2012 • 179 Posts

Why would I play a **** reboot of a (relatively) good franchise?

Here's what the new DMC does,  it sacrifices all the combat depth of the previous games in order to be "accessible If they were actually good developers they wouldn't of sacrificed any of that depth.

Previous DMC's were accessible despite their depth

New DMC is accessible at the cost of its depth.

GG **** wont be wasting my money on this trash game. If I'm going to spend full price on a game I'm going to spend that on a quality game, not some trash reboot.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

DmC is an alright game with abover average combat that has a lot of questionable design choices. It has limited options, and as you get further in the game and expand your options they throw color coded enemies at you and shrink your options yet again. It has a lot of terrible level design using the angel and demon pull mechanics just to justify them being their. And just because the game has a ton of story dialouge going on doesn't mean it's an improvement of the story over the previous games, though in some cases it is.

It's faults come from how seriously it takes itself, the fact that it's rebooted gameplay is worse than the game series it rebooted, the dialouge being terrible, and the designs of the enemies/bosses being less than bad. Ninja Theory has no experience with story or real gameplay, and their focus on designing asthetics first and not caring if the gameplay it resolves around matches shows pretty strongly.

Itsuno commented on working with them with this:

"I remember, during the first stages of development, one of the illustrations we got for a regular enemy had this huge blade on his right elbow," Itsuno said. "It was actually on pretty much all the enemies! Apparently the designer really liked putting blades on people's elbows."

"So we asked how the guy was gonna attack with this blade," Eshiro continued, "and the reply was 'Oh, he doesn't use it much'."

No lock on is bad, auto aim is bad. Aquila is cool, Kablooey is cool, using the ANGELDEMON forms in place of styles is good for having a lower bar of entry of people who want to play high execution action games like DMC3-4, and Bayonetta.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Sucks for all the whiners who neglect to play a great hack and slash game over a cosmetic change. I have played and loved every DMC game (except the non existant DMC2) including this one.

FlamesOfGrey

Except most of the recent complaints aren't about Dante's new **** look. Gamers are mad at the dumbed down combo system, lower FPS and other gameplay elements that are inferior to the previous entries in the series.

The combo system isn't even that bad though. The only main changes are the lack of lock on. There is still a dodge, there is still weapon/gun switching, there is still animation/jump cancelling, there are still plenty of different combos to chain together with the weapons. It still even offers a challenge. I am halfway through the game on Son of Sparda Mode and there have been some parts that definitely were not easy. Most people are complaining based off of the demo, which did not have all the weapons/combos available. 

I can understand the gripes with frame rate but that doesn't really apply to me since I have the PC version. It looks and run great, just like the previous entries. The only thing where it is lacking is the boss fights, which even the previous games were not completely consistent in. I see no reason for fans to completely lambast this game and call this a bastardization of the franchise. If you look at Ninja Gaiden 3, THAT is an example of a series going down the crapper.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Me thinks I need to buy the DMC HD collection. I have all but 4 achievements for DmC :P

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 OneSanitarium

Why would I play a **** reboot of a (relatively) good franchise?

Here's what the new DMC does,  it sacrifices all the combat depth of the previous games in order to be "accessible If they were actually good developers they wouldn't of sacrificed any of that depth.

Previous DMC's were accessible despite their depth

New DMC is accessible at the cost of its depth.

GG **** wont be wasting my money on this trash game. If I'm going to spend full price on a game I'm going to spend that on a quality game, not some trash reboot.

L0mak

DmC is still a pretty deep game.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

DMC is my first devil may cry game, and Iam loving it, it does have it flaws such as enemies that only can take damage from certain weapons, so it ruins the flow of the combat, and ye Dante does look better with white hair, like you get white hair skin after you complete the game. Loved this scene though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKEczZnUync  

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

See this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23c_HDPo7Y

THAT is Devil May Cry. Bring that back or rot in obscurity.

seanmcloughlin

All I ever see is super good players complaining about the new combos or combat. Honestly when I played Devil May Cry in the past I always stuck to the basic combos because it was daunting to get really good at it. 

It's just me but the new system, while very dumbed down, fits an audience like myself who don't have the time or desire to be really really good at it. I just want to sit down and play and not have to think much. 

I understand the hate for the combat but it's not that bad. You want good combat then play DMC 3 or 4. They're still there

Translation: I'm a casual player and I'm glad the developers are catering exclusively to me. You hardcore players can suck it and play the previous games.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#62 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
So Capcom in trying to increase their fanbase changed the game up and in essence lost two thirds of their fans because they were unwilling to let the game change, if it didn't change they'd call it generic and rehashed, if they change it they say it's bad and terrible... Silly fools.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#63 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
The game was very good. Poor thing that gamers nowadays don't like good games.ShadowDeathX
It was. But this is the gaming community for ya. "We need risk takers; we need new IP's: It better have awesome graphics; X story sucks". So publisher wants to revitalize something, instead of getting the dreaded "re hash, milkage" tag. Game is reviewed and received well by industry, but fans cry about changes.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
They (Capcom) decided to make a game that already did well in the North American market more North-American-centric, while cutting out most of the Japanese appeal. I personally really enjoyed the demo and look forward to buying the game (used) in the future. I was able to plainly see why hardcore DMC fans would be upset by the gameplay (especially going back a few days later to play some DMC4 on SoS and getting my ass DESTROYED by basic enemies, while in the equivalent mode in DmC, I was getting SSS/SS rankings in combat like clockwork). Ninja Theory actually made an effort with DmC to not only appeal to Capcom's whacked-out demands, but made a game that while doesn't hold true to the DMC formula, holds a pretty good candle in homage to it. I'm glad it is doing poorly. That'll teach Capcom to turn it's back on it's loyal fanbase of willfully-paying customers that just wanted more of the same with a fresh spin (like DMC4 was to 3).
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Next time Crapcom, finish what you started before you decide it needs a reboot.  Don't just abandon it.  The old DMC universe still had life in it and the storyline hadn't come to a definite conclusion.  I couldn't care less if this game was "pretty good", the fact of the matter is they rebooted it and it was uncalled for.   That's pretty much why people are pissed.   

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I bought the first Devil May Cry on PS2, beat it, and hated it. Game just plain sucked, so I never bothered with the series again. So I am glad to finally see the series die off.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

It's always our fault somehow. We pay, we're suckers for buying into bad business practices; keep our wallets shut, and we're spoiled entitled gamers destroying brands.

Never mind that lots of feedback was given prior to release.

Never mind that Capcom cranked out what people wanted as priced DLC right after release.

I bought the game day 1, but I can totally understand where people are coming from.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Zeviander
Also, I wonder how sales of the DMC HD Collection will play into this whole thing. That thing did pretty well IIRC.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

LOL.

"Vote with your wallet", isn't that it, you half-witted industry cretins?

megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

Next time Crapcom, finish what you started before you decide it needs a reboot.  Don't just abandon it.  The old DMC universe still had life in it and the storyline hadn't come to a definite conclusion.  I couldn't care less if this game was "pretty good", the fact of the matter is they rebooted it and it was uncalled for.   That's pretty much why people are pissed.   

Crossel777

I'm always confused when people state their interest in the poorly-translated and horribly-acted farce that was the original DMC "story". Sure, DmC's narrative was nothing special, especially compared to Ninja Theory's previous work, but it's leagues ahead of anything Capcom could hope to accomplish in that department. 

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

You still don't make sense.. So because not every player is an expert then you butcher the combat system for a much simpler less rewarding one? Most DMC players are good enough to know the difference between a good combat system and trash in comparison.

Douevenlift_bro

I already stated that they didn't have to dumb it down, my main point is that they loudest complainers aren't affected it by it since most of them can't do anything near to what they link videos of.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#72 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]The game was very good. Poor thing that gamers nowadays don't like good games.Pete-B
DMC fans are a bunch of oversensitive ***** . bu bu bu the old dante was so much cooler. :cry: At the end of the day, they're the ones that are going to suffer just like the Megaman "fans"... no more dmc for you bro. :)

eh, I can care less about the character design (I think both old and new dante look like poop), but I would have bought it if it wasn't Ninja Theory (I dislike the 2 games of theirs I've beaten) and if the DMC4 combat remained intact (complex and somewhat steep learning curve). I didn't buy it because I can care less about a reboot. I want a new game with Nero (and dante ofc), and I realized long ago that this wouldn't happen. We've gotten some good replacements though - Kamiya is God.
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Gamers are the biggest babies in all of the entertainment fields.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]The game was very good. Poor thing that gamers nowadays don't like good games.Pete-B
DMC fans are a bunch of oversensitive ***** . bu bu bu the old dante was so much cooler. :cry: At the end of the day, they're the ones that are going to suffer just like the Megaman "fans"... no more dmc for you bro. :)

What do you expect when they look up to someone like Dante? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ddOyvnh6o I guess this is to be expected though. None of Ninja Theory's games have sold well. I didn't buy DmC, but it did look like an interesting reboot.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 OneSanitarium

Kamiya is God.Some-Mist

Itsuno moreso, since he made the best DMC games.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#76 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"] Kamiya is God.OneSanitarium

Itsuno moreso, since he made the best DMC games.

true, but I personally enjoy bayonetta more than any devil may cry installment (yes.. including dmc3) which is technically my "replacement" for devil may cry.
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I just beat the game and i still cannot understand why people are so mad... its called a reboot for a reason and from what i have seen of it, a good reboot at that. Its not like DMC was a stellar game to be honest, it was basicly a game full of mad crazy over the top action and cheesey dialog, an unserious protagonist and gothic themes. This new one actually makes a plausible story out of it, including religion and conspiracy theories that make sense, combat thats very easy to learn, yet difficult to master. I really cant understand some people honestly

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
DMC fans who can't accept DmC are morons
Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

So Capcom in trying to increase their fanbase changed the game up and in essence lost two thirds of their fans because they were unwilling to let the game change, if it didn't change they'd call it generic and rehashed, if they change it they say it's bad and terrible... Silly fools.JohnF111

I think people do not want change

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 OneSanitarium

This thread taught me that people are stupid and have no idea why DMC fans dislike DmC and end up assuming the dislike is entirely because of aesthetics.

Well, didn't really tech me it, i already knew that. More so it just reafirmed my thoughts on it.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

This thread taught me that people are stupid and have no idea why DMC fans dislike DmC and end up assuming the dislike is entirely because of aesthetics.

Well, didn't really tech me it, i already knew that. More so it just reafirmed my thoughts on it.

OneSanitarium

If it's a thread about bashing gamers noone really cares about what's actually said in it or, especially, if there's some reason to it. As long as you say "some gamers (not me of course) are crybabies and whiners" you are entitled to not having a f*cking clue of what you're saying apparently here in SW.

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Capcom trying to kill off all there big brands. Who ever is managing should be fired with no pay.

Street Fighter : Dead (Do we really need 3 retail versions of part 4 and all other SF games, after fans bought the first they felt screwed later on)

Devil May Cry: Dead (WTF why would you do such a drastic change to the character that everyone already loved. This new guy looks like a teenage Justin Beiber)

Resisdent Evil: Dead ( Starting dieing with 5, they change the game too much and no one likes this crap anymore, what do they expect?)

Megaman: Dead (They won't make any new  games this gen, rather make 8-Bit HD garbage, let it burn in hell then, everyone is starting to not care for it anymore)

Lost Planet: Dead (Never was all that great, not even sure why there was a part 2)

Omnisha: Dead (Not sure why they could make new games this gen, it was awesome for PS2?)

As you can see Capcom has been full of fail lately. Lets all stop buying there games becaause they want to blame fans because of the crap they do to games.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#84 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I hope that they sell the mega man and dragon's dogma to much better devellopers. The rest of their franchise can die I never cared for them 

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zeviander
I'm always confused when people state their interest in the poorly-translated and horribly-acted farce that was the original DMC "story". Sure, DmC's narrative was nothing special, especially compared to Ninja Theory's previous work, but it's leagues ahead of anything Capcom could hope to accomplish in that department.megadeth1117
The story change I'm not happy about is the inclusion of "angels". Devil May Cry has never once, as far as my reckoning goes, mentioned angels, heaven or anything beyond "devils" and the "demon world". The concept of the Nephilim makes sense, but it still feels weird.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

the game was largely forgettable.

it's not terrible, but it's not necessarily good either. It's stuck in the limbo of mediocrity.

It's just, O.K. Certainly not something any dev should be proud of.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

They killed DMC with 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpME4riPI1k

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Sucks for all the whiners who neglect to play a great hack and slash game over a cosmetic change. I have played and loved every DMC game (except the non existant DMC2) including this one.

FlamesOfGrey
Except most of the recent complaints aren't about Dante's new **** look. Gamers are mad at the dumbed down combo system, lower FPS and other gameplay elements that are inferior to the previous entries in the series.

Complexity isnt always best. A smart person makes something complex. A genius achieves the same with a simple design. The combo system in DMC:Devil My Cry is substantial, and its less convoluted. It tells you straight up in an intuitaive way how to achieve great combos. Yes, its easier to understand but it still takes skill to master. Gamers have this misguided notion that the more convoluted and inaccessible something is the better it is, which is a completely idiotic stance to have. The FPS argument is valid though, but i have it on PC so thats not an issue for me :P Other than the FPS problems this game is superior to other DMCs in every concievable way. Dante isnt a souless emo douche anymore, the story is actually coherent and matters this time around...the onl negative thing is the lack of the guitar weapon from DMC3 :D
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="BPoole96"]

II_Seraphim_II

Complexity isnt always best. A smart person makes something complex. A genius achieves the same with a simple design. The combo system in DMC:Devil My Cry is substantial, and its less convoluted. It tells you straight up in an intuitaive way how to achieve great combos. Yes, its easier to understand but it still takes skill to master. Gamers have this misguided notion that the more convoluted and inaccessible something is the better it is, which is a completely idiotic stance to have. The FPS argument is valid though, but i have it on PC so thats not an issue for me :P Other than the FPS problems this game is superior to other DMCs in every concievable way. Dante isnt a souless emo douche anymore, the story is actually coherent and matters this time around...the onl negative thing is the lack of the guitar weapon from DMC3 :D

dmc4 didn't have a convulted control layout honestly, I still can't see why they had to lower the quality on something that wasn't broken in the first place.

That in itself was a bad decision.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

jake44
as someone who has never played these games, i look at that video and laugh and am entertained. i look at new dante in multiple cutscenes and as a character in psalstars and he comes off as a douchebag who tries to be cool by cursing and acting all tough, but you just make fun of him. i make fun of this dante, but i think i'm supposed to. i think whoever made this new game wanted me to find new dante cool and i feel the complete opposite about him.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

See this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23c_HDPo7Y

THAT is Devil May Cry. Bring that back or rot in obscurity.

princeofshapeir

All I ever see is super good players complaining about the new combos or combat. Honestly when I played Devil May Cry in the past I always stuck to the basic combos because it was daunting to get really good at it. 

It's just me but the new system, while very dumbed down, fits an audience like myself who don't have the time or desire to be really really good at it. I just want to sit down and play and not have to think much. 

I understand the hate for the combat but it's not that bad. You want good combat then play DMC 3 or 4. They're still there

Translation: I'm a casual player and I'm glad the developers are catering exclusively to me. You hardcore players can suck it and play the previous games.

Ewwwww casuals. They should stick to God of War, plenty of other options for them to enjoy games without having it be too complex. Dante is seriously dumbed down and for the millionth time, it's not about looks. DMC has always been about gameplay. And yes, in DMC4 I could do those combo's. It's sad to see a game like this to be catered to casuals. It can cater to both, that's what CapCom/Ninja Theory can't realize. You can keep the depth of DMC in there and also make it more accessible. But they went for the casuals only. Fans have spoken and now it's time for Capcom to make true DMC games again.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#92 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

DmC is pretty great. Much better then DMC4. People are idiots though.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I played the demo some ways back. It was a good game, it just wasn't DMC. I actually felt more like playing God of War, but with a good combat... EDIT: in fact, as crazy as it may sound, it kinda restored my faith in NT as a action game developer. I hated Heavenly Sword, and Enslaved was very lacking as an action game (not-so-lacking as an adventure game though). The new DMC gave me the idea that these guys can finally make a good combat system to save their lives, and I'm kinda interested to see what they will come up with next. Seriously, Capcom should go f*ck themselves for naming it DMC. I feel almost sad for Ninja Theory now. If this was a new IP, it would have been genuinely great.
jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

[QUOTE="jake44"]

handssss

as someone who has never played these games, i look at that video and laugh and am entertained. i look at new dante in multiple cutscenes and as a character in psalstars and he comes off as a douchebag who tries to be cool by cursing and acting all tough, but you just make fun of him. i make fun of this dante, but i think i'm supposed to. i think whoever made this new game wanted me to find new dante cool and i feel the complete opposite about him.

I've played them all and only cared for the 1st and 3rd game. DMC 2 is hated universally with good reason and 4 had good combat, but a god awful story (in my opinion of course).

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Yeah DMC fans are the worse. If you are actually a hardcore fan, then you probably shouldn't be whining and crying over this release. DMC players should have moved onto the Bayonetta series by now.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="handssss"][QUOTE="jake44"]

jake44

I've played them all and only cared for the 1st and 3rd game. DMC 2 is hated universally with good reason and 4 had good combat, but a god awful story (in my opinion of course).

yeah, i have a friend who is really into these games and he gave me a basic rundown on how capcom has treated the fans of their franchises. i'm just sick of hearing people jumping on the gamer's backs for thinking for themselves, not being mindless drones, and saying "hey, make what we want or we aren't going to support you anymore". calling gamers entitled like its a bad thing. they have a right to say what they want and if these devs want to keep shooting themselves in the foot till they learn the hard way, fine. i'm hoping gears judgment fails myself. epic removed so many things i loved about the previous games. some of them being core gameplay mechanics. they don't care what their fans have to say. the devs spend most of their time on twitter talking about halo or call of duty. all their changes for judgment are just sad attempts at luring fans of those games over to gears.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 OneSanitarium

jake44

DMC4 was a legitamently good game.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Oh, this article again. Remember how we're supposed to speak with our wallets? That's what the fanbase did. They did not like what Capcom let NT do to the franchise. It's quite sad when Capcom had to actually send some people over there to try and salvage the abomination Tameem created.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="jake44"]

OneSanitarium

DMC4 was a legitamently good game.

This is my problem with those claiming DmC is better. They can't just say they prefer the reboot, they have to go and try to slander previous games in the series.

The only things that might have been difficult to pull off in DMC were only the most complicated combo's, something that wasn't even required in most circumstances.

There's so many misconceptions being tossed around. This isn't even aimed at jake here, but moreso those who complain the previous combat systems were convulted.