Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Is the Hunter Vanguard voiced by Nathan Fillion? Sound exactly like him.

Yes

Peter Dinklage- Ghost

Nathan Fillion- Hunter Vanguard

Bill Nighy- Speaker

Peter Stormare- Dead Orbit Merchant

Gina Torres- Warlock Vanguard

Claudia Black- Special Orders

Lance Reddick- Commander Zav

Matthew Mercer- Human Male Player

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

lol fps's on consoles

blues35301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 blues35301
Member since 2008 • 2680 Posts

I'm really tempted to go buy a PS4 for this and NHL 15 but every Destiny video I've seen the framerate sucks. Like teens and 20s seems to be the norm during combat. Dafuq...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@humanistpotato said:

lol fps's on consoles

Yeah, my K/D ratio in MP so far is 0.33 . I'm not some super leet gamer on PC, but my usual K/D ratio is several times that. Hence, me being overjoyed that there is a heavy emphasis on the game world(s).

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

Just realized what this game reminded me of. Rage. Fun gun mechanics, vehicle sequences in the wasteland, 7 year development time, you are a reanimated survivor from the Ark/Traveller, tons of promises, then it sends you right back into the same level over and over as "missions."

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@mbrockway said:

Just realized what this game reminded me of. Rage. Fun gun mechanics, vehicle sequences in the wasteland, 7 year development time, you are a reanimated survivor from the Ark/Traveller, tons of promises, then it sends you right back into the same level over and over as "missions."

LOL! To me, it feels like Halo and Diablos lovechild.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lovin it. Best shooter ever indeed. The charecter progression adds a lot of depth. It's not a fuckiin MMO get over it. Seeing a bunch of hater hermit user reviews on Metacritic lol what a loser fan base. Don't worry losers you can play Ryse in a few weeks lol!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I like the game.

But part of me wishes i saved my money for Hyrule Warriors next week instead... if I have to play a repetitive game... it mayawell have charm and character...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Lovin it. Best shooter ever indeed. The charecter progression adds a lot of depth. It's not a fuckiin MMO get over it. Seeing a bunch of hater hermit user reviews on Metacritic lol what a loser fan base. Don't worry losers you can play Ryse in a few weeks lol!

Source?

And why can't I just go play Destiny now?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Source?

And why can't I just go play Destiny now?

It's not just MC calling this game out. Giantbomb as well as Gamespot users are calling it out. Ib4 Hater hermit comment because he/she is butthurt their game is bad.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Ballroompirate

Have to say this game can look pretty amazing

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#212  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Pray_to_me: What character progression? If you mean the supposed skill tree, that doesn't add any depth at all...

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Ballroompirate

The reward system blows in pvp lol XD

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#214 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@funkmaster1233 said:

I still cannot believe that god awful Halo is actually better than this. I would love to know what happened at Bungie after Halo ODST came out.

Before ODST. Halo 3 was the last great Halo.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#215 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny

At first I thought there were a lot of troll reviews, but reading through them there appears to be some legitimate concerns of repetitiveness, generic FPS designs and bland settings (compared to Borderlands).

I had suspected since before launch that a lot of consolites expecting the next industry-changing Halo will end up disappointed. Although Destiny is not a MMO, it is regretfully designed in a way that only a MMO fan would enjoy. Sadly, most consolites are not MMO fans, and would quickly be turned off by repetitions if the thrill of loot alone is not sufficient to keep them interested.

At the end of the day, hype and preorders are the most anti-consumer mechanisms in the gaming industry. Once again, people fell for it.

The endgame is indeed MMO-style. Essentially you can:

• Farm for PvE rewards;
  • Farm for PvP rewards;
  • Farm for reputation rewards; or
  • Level up alts.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#216 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Enjoying the game so far. Not sure why all the hate with the Metacritic reviews.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

God bless Destiny.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I am enjoying destiny but the lack of global chat in the main hub city is really lame I hope they add chat...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@GhoX said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/destiny

At first I thought there were a lot of troll reviews, but reading through them there appears to be some legitimate concerns of repetitiveness, generic FPS designs and bland settings (compared to Borderlands).

indeed, a lot of journalists and Bungie tried to downplay early scores, but a lot of the user reviews are actually valid criticisms. This game has a good amount of content, but to say you can't judge this game after 8-10 hours of play is absurd.

This video does a good job of summarizing most of my complaints with the game so far.

Loading Video...

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

I'm not disappointed because I wasn't hyped that much in the first place. I only bought it because my friend was going to play it as well.

I don't see how this game is going to last 10 years. The limited weapon variety and the poor mission design are huge bummers for me. The only thing I can praise in this game without a doubt is the visuals. Everything else has some minor or major flaw which really holds it back.

The 10 year plan they've mentioned is for the franchise, and not the game itself.

I still don't believe this type of game has legs for 10 years of game. Destiny is like any other shooter, its actually less complex then streamlined games such as Borderlands.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

So it is just a Borderlands with slightly better graphics. Meh, i don´t miss on anything here.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mbrockway

I played my first fireteam with a friend 2 levels above me and a random 1up. It was awful. The freaking bullet sponge bosses (big purple eye and spider tank) took forever to kill. Even after I leveled up mid mission it was bad. Multiplayer makes the game worse, its incredible. I was having a decent enough time soloing, though my strategy quickly devolved into nuke a group with plasma then hide while my shield recharges. Bungee messed up bad with this game. I think they deserve the hate. Maybe it gets better, gonna keep slogging on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@mbrockway said:

I played my first fireteam with a friend 2 levels above me and a random 1up. It was awful. The freaking bullet sponge bosses (big purple eye and spider tank) took forever to kill. Even after I leveled up mid mission it was bad. Multiplayer makes the game worse, its incredible. I was having a decent enough time soloing, though my strategy quickly devolved into nuke a group with plasma then hide while my shield recharges. Bungee messed up bad with this game. I think they deserve the hate. Maybe it gets better, gonna keep slogging on.

It doesn't....

It really doesn't...

But guess what, if you want to get to level 30 ... you have to kill those bosses.... over and over and over and over and over again.... and theyre all level 20+.....

I've hit that wall now.... and I've come to the conclusio nthat Bungie are s*it... Activision are s*it.... they have no idea how to make this kind of game... and made something so godamn infuriating...

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By GhoX

@MBirdy88: I genuinely think that Bungie should have swallowed its dirty pride and sought some help from the WoW team at Activision. At least then the instances won't be as repetitive and there may actually be more enemy types.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Ballroompirate

@MBirdy88 said:

@mbrockway said:

It doesn't....

It really doesn't...

But guess what, if you want to get to level 30 ... you have to kill those bosses.... over and over and over and over and over again.... and theyre all level 20+.....

I've hit that wall now.... and I've come to the conclusio nthat Bungie are s*it... Activision are s*it.... they have no idea how to make this kind of game... and made something so godamn infuriating...

If only you could only do other stuff like side quests or pvp instead of just doing the same boss over and over again, if only they had that in this game.

/end sarcasm

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Is the Hunter Vanguard voiced by Nathan Fillion? Sound exactly like him.

Yes

Peter Dinklage- Ghost

Nathan Fillion- Hunter Vanguard

Bill Nighy- Speaker

Peter Stormare- Dead Orbit Merchant

Gina Torres- Warlock Vanguard

Claudia Black- Special Orders

Lance Reddick- Commander Zav

Matthew Mercer- Human Male Player

Speaker is Terence Stamp (i.e Zod) is it not?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

You should also be able to share bounties with friends. I got one now. Wolf doesn't, and it switches bounty tasks in and out, so it would've cool if I could just share it with him, so we could tackle it together.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Snugenz

@MBirdy88 said:

@mbrockway said:

It doesn't....

It really doesn't...

How much have you done in the game?. Got a link to your profile?.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@mbrockway said:

It doesn't....

It really doesn't...

How much have you done in the game?. Got a link to your profile?.

Tell me how to link it and I will, but I'm level 20.

To add to my rage... I've only just found out you can't matchmake 6 man raids..... so... no way to talk... and no way to isntantly find 5 other players....

I'm about done.... its like they are actively sabotaging their game. Trying to mimick logic of other MMO's without having the supporting features in place.... utter tripe.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By GhoX

The game is dreadfully repetitive. Are people really supporting such poor design just to defend their purchase and false hype? Even MMOs like WoW are less repetitive: you may get to do the same instances in WoW for loot, but at least those instances are different from one another and are filled with different enemies with more than just a colour change.

Now that I think about it, I think even Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was more interesting. Borderlands 2 is on a completely different level from this mess.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By BldgIrsh

@GhoX said:

The game is dreadfully repetitive. Are people really supporting such poor design just to defend their purchase and false hype? Even MMOs like WoW are less repetitive: you may get to do the same instances in WoW for loot, but at least those instances are different from one another and are filled with different enemies with more than just a colour change.

Now that I think about it, I think even Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was more interesting. Borderlands 2 is on a complete level from this mess.

Some people are simply blinded by hype. The game is enjoyable but not the blockbuster hit it was meant to be.

Also, I do re-call them adding cross-platform multiplayer inside the console family, which was their reasoning for 30 FPS. Since that was obviously removed to some BS excuse about 1 pixel more advantage, was 30 FPS still implemented for the current-gen or is it 60 fps?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

So it is just a Borderlands with slightly better graphics. Meh, i don´t miss on anything here.

No. This game isn't anywhere near as good as Borderlands 2. It's a 7 at best. I'm a bit underwhelmed. The enemies are boring and repetitive, the levels are mostly empty, and the pvp doesn't seem to be balanced very well. It's not a bad game, but it's not a good game either.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Snugenz

@MBirdy88 said:

To add to my rage... I've only just found out you can't matchmake 6 man raids..... so... no way to talk... and no way to isntantly find 5 other players....

I'm about done.... its like they are actively sabotaging their game. Trying to mimick logic of other MMO's without having the supporting features in place.... utter tripe.

Login at Bungie.net (with your XBL or PSN log in) and go to to the Legend button on the left hand navigation menu.

Here's mine.

Yeah i'm not fond of the no matchmaking for Raids idea but i'll adapt or Bungie will cave and add it in a future patch.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By GhoX

One thing for sure is that Destiny has utterly failed the severe hype generated by the game. I'm not talking about the usual hype score vs review score either. We are talking about the highest preoder number for a new IP ever, turning out to be an average game that serves to disappoint. Once people start waking up from the initial hype and see Destiny for what it truly is, I dread to think how destructive the backlash will be.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I haven't played the game yet. But I have a question:

Do you think making the game cross-generation (likely at Activision's insistence) hurt the final product?

If yes, to what extent?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Bruin1986 said:

I haven't played the game yet. But I have a question:

Do you think making the game cross-generation (likely at Activision's insistence) hurt the final product?

If yes, to what extent?

Like I said above. The whole intent of 30 FPS was to equalize the playing field between the generations for cross-platform play, since that was removed i'd like to know if its still 30 fps on the next-gen consoles. If it is 30 FPS then the past-gen either hindered it or Activision/Bungie used it as a way to make an excuse on why they couldn't achieve/do 60 fps.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I guess I should just return the game since I still can't play because of the lousy servers.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By mbrockway

@GhoX said:

Now that I think about it, I think even Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was more interesting. Borderlands 2 is on a completely different level from this mess.

ME3's multiplayer was brilliant. Disgusting it was pretty much mandatory for the single player war resources though. Thats probably the biggest thing the game is missing, the classes actually feeling different. Warlock should play like a dang Biotic instead of everyone just shooting the same guns and waiting for an occasional power to recharge every few minutes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Login at Bungie.net (with your XBL or PSN log in) and go to to the Legend button on the left hand navigation menu.

Here's mine.

Yeah i'm not fond of the no matchmaking for Raids idea but i'll adapt or Bungie will cave and add it in a future patch.

Your quite a bit ahead of me, Out of curiosity what incentive is there to run patrols? I've noticed you have done alot of those.

Here is mine.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Ballroompirate

@GhoX said:

The ignorance is strong with you

WoW is repetitive as hell (people have been doing the same raid for over a year with no updates)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

£35 for 2 DLC's ... I can buy a new game for that.... to make it worse you HAVE to buy them if you want to keep progressing.... since they offer new gear ect....

sigh.... really wish I bought the physical version so I could trade it in at least.... I very rarely feel this ripped off....

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Snugenz

@MBirdy88 said:

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Here's mine.

Your quite a bit ahead of me, Out of curiosity what incentive is there to run patrols? I've noticed you have done alot of those.

Here is mine.

Bounties like "Complete 6 patrols on Mars", so far the bounties seem like the best way to quickly level your second sub class (Firewalker in your case). Plus every Patrol mission you do gives you vanguard rep so it's a bit of rep while leveling.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Ballroompirate

@MBirdy88 said:

£35 for 2 DLC's ... I can buy a new game for that.... to make it worse you HAVE to buy them if you want to keep progressing.... since they offer new gear ect....

sigh.... really wish I bought the physical version so I could trade it in at least.... I very rarely feel this ripped off....

How dare business charge for expansion packs!!!

Let's all revolt against Blizzard charging for expansion packs, we should get that shyt for free!!!

/end sarcasm

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By mbrockway

@MBirdy88 said:

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Here's mine.

Here is mine.

You run them again on hard and you get equipment drops from baddies. Wait, those are the ones with beacons with everyone running around, right? I think those are just random exp without doing the same missions over and over.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#245 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

@Kingpin0114 said:

I guess I should just return the game since I still can't play because of the lousy servers.

Eh give it some times. Online games like this pretty much always have issues around launch day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Ballroompirate said:

@MBirdy88 said:

How dare business charge for expansion packs!!!

Let's all revolt against Blizzard charging for expansion packs, we should get that shyt for free!!!

/end sarcasm

.... really.... your calling these expansion packs? they are one mini zone each ... and new items to make you buy it.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By GhoX

@Ballroompirate said:

@GhoX said:

WoW is repetitive as hell (people have been doing the same raid for over a year with no updates)

Indeed, and Destiny is more boring than even that. As I said "you may get to do the same instances in WoW for loot, but at least those instances are different from one another and are filled with different enemies with more than just a colour change." Mist of Pandaria (just the expansion itself, excluding all previous expansions) has 15 unique dungeons & raids with different enemies, scenarios and bosses, and 15 mini dungeons. Destiny has only palette swaps.

I must commend you that you are capable of competing so many linear and repetitive Destiny missions fueled by hype alone.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Ballroompirate

@GhoX said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GhoX said:

Indeed, and Destiny is more boring than even that. As I said "you may get to do the same instances in WoW for loot, but at least those instances are different from one another and are filled with different enemies with more than just a colour change." Mist of Pandaria (just the expansion itself, excluding all previous expansions) has 15 unique dungeons & raids with different enemies, scenarios and bosses, and 15 mini dungeons. Destiny has only palette swaps.

I must commend you that you are capable of competing so many linear and repetitive Destiny missions fueled by hype alone.

Clearly you haven't played WoW, it is full of recolored and re skinned mobs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Ballroompirate said:

@GhoX said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@GhoX said:

Clearly you haven't played WoW, it is full of recolored and re skinned mobs.

.... yea, but despite its re-use.... it STILL has tons more variety than Destiny did at launch. granted most enemies don't do different things at first. and its 2 separate genres. but we had what? a total of like 5 different unit types spread across the 3 armies? and then 1-3 elites of each... about 8 ..... armies that swarm the galaxy.... 8 different ones... no other "Nuetral alien monsters" .... no other humans anywhere.

How can you defend how bare bones it all is?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By GhoX

@Ballroompirate: Not nearly. Don't try to avoid all the parts about Destiny and start discussing WoW.

Reusing game assets happen in every game, it's simply that the amount of repeated content in Destiny is so absurd considering the team behind it and the budget supporting it. Can you say anything about the inherent repetitiveness and wanton reuse of assets in Destiny? The game's design sits alongside Dragon Age 2 when it comes to repetitiveness, and I'm not willing to believe that Destiny was rushed. The design was simply flawed from the very start.

ADD: As mentioned above, if you think about it there are more enemy varieties in some of the WoW dungeons just by themselves than the entire Destiny game.