Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#152 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@rosko123 said:

The game is fun I played it most of yesterday (lvl 15) It's just not quite what was promised.

For example earth is just old Russia from the alpha/beta was expecting at least an American and European section of equal size for that planet alone.

Missions are repetitive. I know essentially whatever you're doing will boil down to killing enemies but some variety would have been great.

Even the most basic of items that would allow for customisation are too expensive in the tower and hard to find in the game itself. I'm not expecting big stats to accompany these items necessarily but if I want a red cape for my hunter I should be able to get one without having to wait to find it or spend an extortionate amount of money.

The skill tree is also a misleading term as you have very little choice in what you can pick next to upgrade infact it's forced upon you completely.

That's all I can be bothered to list now. Don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying it but we were promised MUCH more than what is on offer here.

That's actually a good point... the "skill tree" is just more of a progression bar.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#153 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

It is getting slammed on MC by users. Wow seems like a massive flop, I'll trust the voice of 50 or so user scores over a few professional ones any day.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
@nutcrackr said:

@Sollet said:

lol you do know that 4chan's /V/ is waging war against Bungie/Actvision (hence the shitty MC rating?).

What is their reasoning for the attack?

Well I can't link to 4chan since I am at work :P

However last I read it was something about making Bungie getting off their high horse and punish Activision for their evil business practices etc.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By sailor232

@Sollet said:
@nutcrackr said:

@Sollet said:

lol you do know that 4chan's /V/ is waging war against Bungie/Actvision (hence the shitty MC rating?).

However last I read it was something about making Bungie getting off their high horse and punish Activision for their evil business practices etc.

Seems to be getting slammed on the GS Destiny review page as well. Same comments about how its repetitive trash, bullet sponge enemies, zero story or at least one that no one can explain or care for.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 sailor232

Watching Giantbombs quick look, they also say the game is repetitive and have zero clue what the story is about, so seems like MC's user reviews are pretty much spot on.

PCisBest001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 PCisBest001
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

This game looks garbage.

Doom 4 will be better

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

I still cannot believe that god awful Halo is actually better than this. I would love to know what happened at Bungie after Halo ODST came out.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@sailor232 said:

@Sollet said:
@nutcrackr said:

@Sollet said:

Seems to be getting slammed on the GS Destiny review page as well. Same comments about how its repetitive trash, bullet sponge enemies, zero story or at least one that no one can explain or care for.

Sounds like lemming salt more than anything else.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I just remembered I have this pre-ordered. Not sure if I can be bothered to go buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@nihonking said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So apparently the campaign is 9 hours long.

How the hell did this take so much time to develop?

I just hope most of the guys on here don't buy it. It is killing me not to buy it but I'm not supporting next gem drm with a 9 hour story. (Oooo but you need to be online its an mmo.......) How did borderlands make a game pretty much the same as this yet you don't need to be online 24 hours to play it.

stop with the stupid.

1) Its not 9 hours... anyone who has done it in 9 hours probably played with a team of 3 .... and ignored every side mission.... and did nothing else but the main missions.

2) Yea and in Borderlands you could cheat just like the pathetic console version of Diablo 3 ....

"DRM" lol is like the peasants are now getting use to online games..... I guess only having online shooters will do that to you.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#162 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm enjoying it... It's super fun with friends and leveling and progressing your character is something I've always enjoyed doing. Perhaps not the most exciting game in regards to story/campaign, but the co-op and multiplayer make it extremely enjoyable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I have a question to those that want to see it fail. "why?" I didn't buy the hype .... I knew I was getting Halo meets Borderlands .... with the idea that the content, while repetitive will be more challenging than your average shooter, will continue to expand over years, good co-op and a decent PvP setup.... all offering more custimisation (appearance) through earning things in both PvE/PvP.

You have an great co-op and pvp shooter... ok they are not rare. but this format has the best potential of the lot.

Then again I don't understand the "It MUST have a great story for me to play it" crap..... and the "Repetitive label" is laugable considering most games are repetitive... if the only thing that hides that illusion for you is story then damn your far too easily pleased.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#164 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@nihonking said:

@kuu2 If it was borderlands with a sci fi vibe I'd be all in. It seems to have a smaller scope than borderlands I could be mistaken.

borderlands is sci fi lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#165 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

stop with the stupid.

1) Its not 9 hours... anyone who has done it in 9 hours probably played with a team of 3 .... and ignored every side mission.... and did nothing else but the main missions.

2) Yea and in Borderlands you could cheat just like the pathetic console version of Diablo 3 ....

"DRM" lol is like the peasants are now getting use to online games..... I guess only having online shooters will do that to you.

A thought on this for a second, let's ignore hours of play, because I sincerely don't care for that shit. If I got two hours of a game I found excellent, I'd take that over a 40 hour game I found average, I'm not a gameplay per square inch guy, more how great it is in the first place. Ideally I have a choice in the matter of the type of missions I want to do, and how I want to entertain myself. I kind of don't want to do side missions, because they are shit, they are boring as ****.

You hit a beacon, you shoot some dudes here and there, rinse, and repeat. Strikes? All it is me going back through areas I already went through, this time through more hordes of enemies, and they all end with this spongy fucking boss. That isn't exciting or engaging or thrilling or even intense when you fight it, but this tedious fucking encounter where all you do is unload bullets for an extended period of time. More importantly it's not even like those bosses are actually interesting from a design standpoint, all they fucking are from a design point is the spongiest of the standard enemies (so the Ogre from the Hive) ,now made fucking larger and spongier with waves of enemies as back up (Strike mission on the moon).

So I don't really get why you think someone should try a bunch of mission types that they may or may not be enjoying.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Loading Video...

OUCH....super ouch.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Bread_or_Decide

@MBirdy88 said:

I have a question to those that want to see it fail. "why?" I didn't buy the hype .... I knew I was getting Halo meets Borderlands .... with the idea that the content, while repetitive will be more challenging than your average shooter, will continue to expand over years, good co-op and a decent PvP setup.... all offering more custimisation (appearance) through earning things in both PvE/PvP.

You have an great co-op and pvp shooter... ok they are not rare. but this format has the best potential of the lot.

Then again I don't understand the "It MUST have a great story for me to play it" crap..... and the "Repetitive label" is laugable considering most games are repetitive... if the only thing that hides that illusion for you is story then damn your far too easily pleased.

It doesn't need a great story. But with the immense budget...and all this time...and all the hype. I think people expected something a bit more "newish" feeling. Borderlands cost way less and gave the same experience or better. All without a ridiculous development time.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Well, seems like Bungie already made the $500 million back:

London, UK – 10th September, 2014 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide as of day one, making the game the biggest new video game franchise launch in history.

“Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world. The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up.”

Destiny launched at over 11,000 midnight openings around the world, as fans in over 178 countries (Source: Radian6) shared their fervour on YouTube and in social media.

“Since the beginning, we’ve been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we’d be able to say it did so on day one,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry’s history. It’s also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision’s next billion dollar brand. Most importantly, it’s just a great game which we can’t stop playing. A big thanks to our incredibly talented team and partners who helped make this happen; most importantly, our partners at Bungie.”

$500m revenue, not profit.

Sold in not sold through. Who knows how long it will take to clear stock.

But yes, good marketing does wonders for what would otherwise be a shit game. Watchdogs and now destiny....two brilliantly marketed games while being tremendously average.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@jg4xchamp said:

@MBirdy88 said:

stop with the stupid.

A thought on this for a second, let's ignore hours of play, because I sincerely don't care for that shit. If I got two hours of a game I found excellent, I'd take that over a 40 hour game I found average, I'm not a gameplay per square inch guy, more how great it is in the first place. Ideally I have a choice in the matter of the type of missions I want to do, and how I want to entertain myself. I kind of don't want to do side missions, because they are shit, they are boring as ****.

You hit a beacon, you shoot some dudes here and there, rinse, and repeat. Strikes? All it is me going back through areas I already went through, this time through more hordes of enemies, and they all end with this spongy fucking boss. That isn't exciting or engaging or thrilling or even intense when you fight it, but this tedious fucking encounter where all you do is unload bullets for an extended period of time. More importantly it's not even like those bosses are actually interesting from a design standpoint, all they fucking are from a design point is the spongiest of the standard enemies (so the Ogre from the Hive) ,now made fucking larger and spongier with waves of enemies as back up (Strike mission on the moon).

So I don't really get why you think someone should try a bunch of mission types that they may or may not be enjoying.

Then why buy the game? why buy any FPS-RPG? they all do the same thing. Why even buy it knowing its not like Halo?

I dunno... people are just complaining about a genre they clearly don't like. Is it entitlement "Its bungie so it must be the next halo? 10 hour grindy campaign with cutscenes..." whats the problem here? a fundemental burn out on shooters maybe?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@MBirdy88 said:

It doesn't need a great story. But with the immense budget...and all this time...and all the hype. I think people expected something a bit more "newish" feeling. Borderlands cost way less and gave the same experience or better. All without a ridiculous development time.

Borderlands gave the same experience? well...... from a very basic level yes, and borderlands 2 went and beat the crap out of this. Though, where in Borderlands is there also a fleshed out PvP mode equivilant to something like Halo?... it doesn't exist... and thats part of the reason the time and budget don't seem as impressive.

I can completely agree with the mission repetitiveness.... and lack of variety. at the end of the day though, you shoot s*it in borderlands with the same 5 different types of guns but with much bigger loot variants. you kill the same type of enemies throughout the game (though it had more variety than Destiny so far).

The budget and hype thing means nothing... what products have activision aquired that have been "NEW" .... none. They don't do that. they polish and hype the crap out of other peoples projects.

I dunno... what people were expecting... I knew it was going to be a halo game. I knew it was going to be a persistant collectibles version.

Just more CoD Campaign fans dissapointed probably.... grindy games are grindy.

Anyways I thought it was debunked that the game cost 500 million time and time again.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

The "it's exactly like Borderlands" comments are ridiculous. I don't remember players dropping in and out of your game as you're exploring Borderlands. I love that shit in Destiny. Also, the end game content looks much better here. That shit sucked in BL.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#175 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I for one am highly enjoying this game. Sure the story isn't the most apparent, but i think it's still a solid 8/10 game.

The shooting feels great, the social elements work, it's fun to upgrade your gear. Yeah I'm quite happy with it, I think a lot of the hate is undue

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
@_Matt_ said:

I for one am highly enjoying this game. Sure the story isn't the most apparent, but i think it's still a solid 8/10 game.

The shooting feels great, the social elements work, it's fun to upgrade your gear. Yeah I'm quite happy with it, I think a lot of the hate is undue

Yeah, same here. Gonna tackle Venus later tonight with wolverine.

In the meantime, I keep busy with bounties and those patrol missions on the Moon and Earth. I should also get some Crucible stuff done, but I'm in no hurry.

Btw, has anyone bought anything yet from the fellas at the Tower? I haven't bought a damn thing, although I figure I'm gonna need to buy some ammo packs when I'm gonna go for the Strike missions.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 jg4xchamp

@MBirdy88 said:

Then why buy the game? why buy any FPS-RPG? they all do the same thing. Why even buy it knowing its not like Halo?

I dunno... people are just complaining about a genre they clearly don't like. Is it entitlement "Its bungie so it must be the next halo? 10 hour grindy campaign with cutscenes..." whats the problem here? a fundemental burn out on shooters maybe?

A few things actually

A: I wanted to play a game with my friends
B: I've enjoyed Halo mp, so I've actually enjoyed something Bungie has done, and I like to follow developers who have made games I like.

That said, I didn't want it to be Halo, I frankly dislike Halo's campaigns (just because I like the multiplayer, doesn't mean I can't see Bungie is doo-doo butter in terms of level design), I wanted something genuinely different from what they did, and what I played of the alpha and beta made me go "okay shooting is fun, but the missions are bit of a warning flag, hopefully that is because they are holding back for the real deal".

Plus I'm not burnt out on Shooters. I played Wolfenstein: The New Order (I quite like that game), and Titanfall this year. Both on a PC, so spare me the xbox nonsense. It's not the under delivering part that surprises me (I've been hyped for a Halo campaign and disappointed plenty), but it's the sheer mundane nature of the gameplay that does surprise me. Luckily I think the PvP might be something I will enjoy, it just sucks that I have to get on the loot treadmill to enjoy it. I can accept the mp to an extent, but the PvE is slacking.

As for why anyone else buying it as it pertains to your question? They could just as easily like first person shooters, and simply find this to not be a good one, because not all FPS games are created equal. In the same way I would imagine you're not into every MMO. Maybe, just maybe it has nothing to do with some grand thing about wanting Halo or cutscenes or any of that, maybe it's just as possible, just as likely, that as much as you are having fun with Destiny, someone else looked at hey "we're going to make dinklebot look at something for 10-15 minutes and spam waves of enemies at you in this closed environment, and we're going to do that every single mission" and said, wow that's underwhelming.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#178 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Good game so far,

Good and satisfying gunplay.

I did not like Halo, but I like this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@jg4xchamp said:

@MBirdy88 said:

A few things actually

B: I've enjoyed Halo mp, so I've actually enjoyed something Bungie has done, and I like to follow developers who have made games I like.

That said, I didn't want it to be Halo, I frankly dislike Halo's campaigns (just because I like the multiplayer, doesn't mean I can't see Bungie is doo-doo butter in terms of level design), I wanted something genuinely different from what they did, and what I played of the alpha and beta made me go "okay shooting is fun, but the missions are bit of a warning flag, hopefully that is because they are holding back for the real deal".

Plus I'm not burnt out on Shooters. I played Wolfenstein: The New Order (I quite like that game), and Titanfall this year. Both on a PC, so spare me the xbox nonsense. It's not the under delivering part that surprises me (I've been hyped for a Halo campaign and disappointed plenty), but it's the sheer mundane nature of the gameplay that does surprise me. Luckily I think the PvP might be something I will enjoy, it just sucks that I have to get on the loot treadmill to enjoy it. I can accept the mp to an extent, but the PvE is slacking.

As for why anyone else buying it as it pertains to your question? They could just as easily like first person shooters, and simply find this to not be a good one, because not all FPS games are created equal. In the same way I would imagine you're not into every MMO. Maybe, just maybe it has nothing to do with some grand thing about wanting Halo or cutscenes or any of that, maybe it's just as possible, just as likely, that as much as you are having fun with Destiny, someone else looked at hey "we're going to make dinklebot look at something for 10-15 minutes and spam waves of enemies at you in this closed environment, and we're going to do that every single mission" and said, wow that's underwhelming.

It is, I guess I'm conditioned from MMO's not to care at this point. I'm now level 18, unlocked most of the content, I can now get marks towards legendery gear from PvP or 6 Man Strikes (Not touching them until 20 though) the gunplay is satisfying enough for me not to care about the mundane campaign... I can see the foundation of this game is to condition you for level 20.

You will probably like the PvP though in some aspects its cheap (Using your ultimate.... ugh) the gear treadmill issue is odd... pretty sure I read that all player stats or "normalised" for multiplayer... I assumed the legendary PvP gear you can get with tokens was purely costmetic... as is every other piece of gear in PvP. That being said normalisation never works properly pre-level cap.

The waves thing doesn't bother me because every game does it... every grindy rpg does it... all you do is kill waves.... diablo... mmos.... anything. as long as the gameplay makes it feel good most people shrug it off, I don't see why this is treated any differently. that being said... boss fight mechanics so far have been pretty BLEH.... I don't see why they can't use telegraphics like MMOs .... atm its just bullet sponge I can completely agree.

That being said, this is a long term project... I think people expect too much from "all in one games" ... especially online focused ones.... the cost and effort required s*its on other titles..

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jg4xchamp

@MBirdy88 said:

It is, I guess I'm conditioned from MMO's not to care at this point. I'm now level 18, unlocked most of the content, I can now get marks towards legendery gear from PvP or 6 Man Strikes (Not touching them until 20 though) the gunplay is satisfying enough for me not to care about the mundane campaign... I can see the foundation of this game is to condition you for level 20.

You will probably like the PvP though in some aspects its cheap (Using your ultimate.... ugh) the gear treadmill issue is odd... pretty sure I read that all player stats or "normalised" for multiplayer... I assumed the legendary PvP gear you can get with tokens was purely costmetic... as is every other piece of gear in PvP. That being said normalisation never works properly pre-level cap.

The waves thing doesn't bother me because every game does it... every grindy rpg does it... all you do is kill waves.... diablo... mmos.... anything. as long as the gameplay makes it feel good most people shrug it off, I don't see why this is treated any differently. that being said... boss fight mechanics so far have been pretty BLEH.... I don't see why they can't use telegraphics like MMOs .... atm its just bullet sponge I can completely agree.

That being said, this is a long term project... I think people expect too much from "all in one games" ... especially online focused ones.... the cost and effort required s*its on other titles..

Agreed, post game will make or break this game. The initial success part is a given, that shit was basically handed it to it once the money was thrown at the game. The game being legit or not is how they handle post game content, and specifically content that they don't plan on tagging to their "expansions"

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Zaibach

@MBirdy88 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@MBirdy88 said:

A few things actually

Your gear is not normalised per se in MP, it is curved and scaled to everyone else. There are special events like the Iron Banner where your stats and legendary weapons transfer over.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Is the Hunter Vanguard voiced by Nathan Fillion? Sound exactly like him.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This game is a love it or hate it type of game. Peoples expectations for every AAA release is that everyone has to like everything about it just because it's a Bungie game.

One of these days, people will learn that what makes gaming awesome is that games try different things and introduce you to new worlds to do interesting stuff in. For me, personally, Destiny is gaming Nirvana. As someone who loves MMOs and completionism, this game offers a boat load of the things I like. The gear grind is personally fun for me. Going on a Ghost hunt in the free-roam levels is pure bliss. The fact they ramped up the difficulty from the beta is also a welcome plus, because the public events and bosses are a true challenge.

I'm not huge on PVP, but I'm sure that when I am a high-level and well-geared player, the PVP will be what I "graduate" to and there is some decent depth to the multiplayer that make it fit well with the rest of the game. I look forward to putting my teeth in it when I am done with the storyline/quests and have done enough raids to be satisfied with the social aspects.

In the post-CoD Age of gaming where everyone expected to have their hand held from setpiece to setpiece, Destiny is a very welcome departure from what I consider pretty watered down games. It doesn't surprise me at all that a lot of people are screaming to the four winds on the internet that they don't get it or that "it is boring". I get it. Marketing campaigns want a $500 million game to be all things to all people. The Bungie name is now intrinsically married to the Halo masses as well. What that means is that there are a few million people out there who want Destiny to be what it is not and will not understand or enjoy it for what it is.

I'm glad I get it. I will be playing this game long after the unwashed masses have happily moved on to the next flavor of the holiday season. This is a quality game with A TON of stuff going on for it. 9 hour campaign makes a good buzz phrase for the naysayers, but this game is clearly not architected for the speed run audience. Anyone who played the beta would know better and you can't blame Bungie or Activision for not making that open and available to everyone.

And for the record, I'm glad the announcer in PvP isn't the cookie cutter deep-voiced voice actor, as well. This game is classy even when it's a bloody fragfest.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#184  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@nihonking said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

So apparently the campaign is 9 hours long.

How the hell did this take so much time to develop?

I just hope most of the guys on here don't buy it. It is killing me not to buy it but I'm not supporting next gem drm with a 9 hour story. (Oooo but you need to be online its an mmo.......) How did borderlands make a game pretty much the same as this yet you don't need to be online 24 hours to play it.

stop with the stupid.

Agreed. There is no way they did all the bounty missions and got all the Vanguard stuff and the main missions in 9 hours. Don't like it people don't buy it. I find it funny how people are posting "users are saying blah blah". Great. But there are quite a few online, in game who are saying this is fun; awesome strike mission; great game dude. If you don't want to play it, don't.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Zaibach

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Is the Hunter Vanguard voiced by Nathan Fillion? Sound exactly like him.

yup, its Fillion

The Warlock Vanguard is Gina Torres (firefly)

The Titan Vanguard is Lance Reddick - (The Wire, Fringe)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#186 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Lol at typical whiny ass gamers moaning about this game.

The game lets you shoot aliens on the moon and mars...what's not to enjoy.

I agree. Its a FPS. What "new" are they going to do? You shoot weapons at aliens. Yes the bigger ones take much more damage. I expect these things. I expect great special effects at comic book movies at this point doesn't mean I don't have fun with them. I am having fun with this game. Bloodborne isn't going to be all that different from the Souls games the dev created but I bet it will be fun.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Bread_or_Decide

Only four pages for the biggest game of the year?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I was hoping Bungie would be the dev to buck the whole 'poor story telling in a loot based game" trend, so that's a bit disappointing. As is the repetitive hold Square to Ghost and then defend mission design, but I'm really enjoying everything else about the game. The music and art in particular are mind blowing. Can't wait for the Raid to become available. :D

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 freedomfreak
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Only four pages for the biggest game of the year?

Welcome to Gamespot post lay-out update.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#190 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

The only aspect that is disappointing for me is the story-telling. There's a lore with a lot of depth here and I know I am doing stop to fight the Darkness, but I never get the feeling I am actually doing anything important. It sort of reminds me of Reach, where the story-telling in that was just not up to par with the other Halo games.

Other than that, I am really enjoying the game. I don't like PvP without friends and I am not a fan of the bullet-sponge enemies in each Strike Mission, but I am having more than enough fun playing the game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I'm not disappointed because I wasn't hyped that much in the first place. I only bought it because my friend was going to play it as well.

I don't see how this game is going to last 10 years. The limited weapon variety and the poor mission design are huge bummers for me. The only thing I can praise in this game without a doubt is the visuals. Everything else has some minor or major flaw which really holds it back.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 jg4xchamp

@Shewgenja said:

This game is a love it or hate it type of game. Peoples expectations for every AAA release is that everyone has to like everything about it just because it's a Bungie game.

One of these days, people will learn that what makes gaming awesome is that games try different things and introduce you to new worlds to do interesting stuff in. For me, personally, Destiny is gaming Nirvana. As someone who loves MMOs and completionism, this game offers a boat load of the things I like. The gear grind is personally fun for me. Going on a Ghost hunt in the free-roam levels is pure bliss. The fact they ramped up the difficulty from the beta is also a welcome plus, because the public events and bosses are a true challenge.

I'm not huge on PVP, but I'm sure that when I am a high-level and well-geared player, the PVP will be what I "graduate" to and there is some decent depth to the multiplayer that make it fit well with the rest of the game. I look forward to putting my teeth in it when I am done with the storyline/quests and have done enough raids to be satisfied with the social aspects.

In the post-CoD Age of gaming where everyone expected to have their hand held from setpiece to setpiece, Destiny is a very welcome departure from what I consider pretty watered down games. It doesn't surprise me at all that a lot of people are screaming to the four winds on the internet that they don't get it or that "it is boring". I get it. Marketing campaigns want a $500 million game to be all things to all people. The Bungie name is now intrinsically married to the Halo masses as well. What that means is that there are a few million people out there who want Destiny to be what it is not and will not understand or enjoy it for what it is.

I'm glad I get it. I will be playing this game long after the unwashed masses have happily moved on to the next flavor of the holiday season. This is a quality game with A TON of stuff going on for it. 9 hour campaign makes a good buzz phrase for the naysayers, but this game is clearly not architected for the speed run audience. Anyone who played the beta would know better and you can't blame Bungie or Activision for not making that open and available to everyone.

And for the record, I'm glad the announcer in PvP isn't the cookie cutter deep-voiced voice actor, as well. This game is classy even when it's a bloody fragfest.

So in an attempt to differentiate themselves from a mindless shooter, they created a mindless shooter. Smooth.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#193 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

This is one of the worst games I've ever played, ever.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

So in an attempt to differentiate themselves from a mindless shooter, they created a mindless shooter. Smooth.

It doesn't take much of a mind to solve problems with violence to begin with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@jg4xchamp said:

@Shewgenja said:

out of curiosity..... what would classify as not a mindless shooter to you?

Most of what Showgenja says is right... the concept and for those that like persistant universes/collectibles ect have the perfect persistant halo game now. granted... I think it needs alot of patches...

Having no voice chat at all is RIDICULOUS if I was a reviewer I would knock a full point of for that level of STUPIDITY in an instant.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12064 Posts

@Blabadon said:

This is one of the worst games I've ever played, ever.

Tell us how you really feel Blab..........

I was watching walkthroughs and the people playing all said it is a super dull experience.

Some of the reviews said the game feels unfinished and that it should get better as it goes along. If that is true why the hell would I buy it now?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12064 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Shewgenja said:

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

Solid gunplay, feels very polished. But we were promised this massive, groundbreaking title....and it's just not. Ive played it for about 5-6 hours ( i didn't play the beta) and im already feeling kinda "meh"

Then the JPN eshop got a smash 3ds demo.....been watching stream of it and am totally enthralled. Haven't picked up Destiny since :/

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I'm not disappointed because I wasn't hyped that much in the first place. I only bought it because my friend was going to play it as well.

I don't see how this game is going to last 10 years. The limited weapon variety and the poor mission design are huge bummers for me. The only thing I can praise in this game without a doubt is the visuals. Everything else has some minor or major flaw which really holds it back.

The 10 year plan they've mentioned is for the franchise, and not the game itself.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 freedomfreak

Wish I could instantly replenish my ammo. Those ammo packs are nice, but it's not exactly ideal to sift through your inventory to get it, considering you're probably gonna run out in battle.