Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@kingsfan_0333 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@kingsfan_0333: Your comment wreaks of popular meme statements.

People bought into Destiny. Since day 1 there have been shady practices after the fact.

Everything from the matchmaking to the shit-tastic DLC that you needed to progress. No you didn't t have to buy the DLC....but there are multiple reasons why avoiding it was not an easy option.

I had great fun with the game for about a year....but that was after a short base game, 2 DLC's that weren't worth the price regarding content, premade groups being a necessity, lying, and many other things.

So you had "great fun" with the game for a whole year, enjoyed it enough to buy 2 DLC's, and I'm supposed to believe that Bungie still owes you.

Yep, no entitlement here.

"I'm suppose to believe that Bungie still owes you"

I'd be quiet if I were you. I'm not one of your 13 year old forum friends that's easy to troll.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_ said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_: maybe I'm not understanding you.

What do you mean by "slow"?

Insanely slow and clunky to develop content with. Have a read. http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

It’s not uncommon for a game’s scope to reduce during development, but Bungie had a unique problem. People who worked on this projectsay that one of Bungie’s fundamental issues over the past few years has been the game’s engine, which the studio built from scratch alongside Destiny. Four sources pointed to Destiny’s technology—the tools they use to design levels, render graphics, and create content—as an inhibiting factor in the game’s development.

“Let’s say a designer wants to go in and move a resource node two inches,” said one person familiar with the engine. “They go into the editor. First they have to load their map overnight. It takes eight hours to input their map overnight. They get [into the office] in the morning. If their importer didn’t fail, they open the map. It takes about 20 minutes to open. They go in and they move that node two feet. And then they’d do a 15-20 minute compile. Just to do a half-second change.”

People who have worked with Destiny’s tech say the company is capable of powering incredible things behind the scenes, like player matchmaking. It’s also clear that Destiny is one of the best-looking video games ever made. But as a tool-set for designers, sources say, Destiny’s engine is subpar, and creating new maps and missions at Bungie can be grueling for developers.

Well that is pretty craptastic.

But still, the game looks good and the animations are well done. Again from a gamers standpoint - I don't mind. Especially since it seems they had the DLC in mind long before as well as certain changes.

I guess when I look at what you posted...they are equal. Both shitty.

One is good for devs and modding but looks like shit overall.

One is bad for devs and updates but looks pretty good overall.

Both have a major negative and a major positive....just on opposite ends.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#103 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'd be quiet if I were you. I'm not one of your 13 year old forum friends that's easy to troll.

A veiled threat to someone trolling you, really? Why don't you just post "Bait me more please, I love it when you talk dirty"?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Mr_Huggles_dog

@GarGx1 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

A veiled threat to someone trolling you, really? Why don't you just post "Bait me more please, I love it when you talk dirty"?

It's not a threat.

Should I explain it to you...or do you just want to get your anger out on me b/c we disagree a lot?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@GarGx1 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's not a threat.

Should I explain it to you...or do you just want to get your anger out on me b/c we disagree a lot?

I'm not angry or venting, we both disagree with a lot of people on here. I really, hand on heart, have no animosity towards you or anyone on this site (or anywhere else on the internet). I just don't believe (and likely the other guy won't either) there's very much you can do about it other complain to a mod/GS and someone insinuating that you're being entitled is not really a banning occurrence on system wars (unless I'm mistaken and it is).

You're a veteran of this place, you know better than to poke a troll.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@GarGx1: The sad thing is he isn't the only veteran who's doing that.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@GarGx1: where is the threat?

I never said I was going to do anything to him or in general.

I meant that given I can quote what he said and he obviously isn't that bright....I can prove, in this instance for example, he is talking out of his ass and can't keep his story straight.

That anymore shenanigans like this would probably not make him a worthy troll much less a poster.

It was a warning...but not a threat or in threat form.

Edit: I wouldn't call myself a veteran either. A veteran is someone who has been here for years and has like 10's of thousands of posts.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#108 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Wow, i just lost respect for all Destiny players.

Asking a Studio to be removed is like asking to fire a person, so i can't side with these brats no matter how pourly Bungie is handling this.

Not much different from asking Sakamoto and Sakurai to be fired after their handling of Metroid and Smash respectively.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#109 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

The solution to your dilemma is simple:

Don't play the horrible game.

Hakuna Matata

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

If it continues to get bought things won't change. I think I'm done playing it, they gotta do something big to get me really back into it at this point I think.