Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@kingsfan_0333: Your comment wreaks of popular meme statements.

People bought into Destiny. Since day 1 there have been shady practices after the fact.

Everything from the matchmaking to the shit-tastic DLC that you needed to progress. No you didn't t have to buy the DLC....but there are multiple reasons why avoiding it was not an easy option.

I had great fun with the game for about a year....but that was after a short base game, 2 DLC's that weren't worth the price regarding content, premade groups being a necessity, lying, and many other things.

So you had "great fun" with the game for a whole year, enjoyed it enough to buy 2 DLC's, and I'm supposed to believe that Bungie still owes you.

Yep, no entitlement here.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44569 Posts

Activision and Bungie's are gonna do what they do, who we should really be upset with is the gaming press who dropped the ball on holding their feet to the fire, TTK DLC was over price garbage that didn't do much for the game and that should be on them for reporting otherwise. Instead they told us the coast was clear. These petty nitpick on DLC like paying to level up to level 25 don't bug me as one can do that in a few hours easy. Money for ammo, again not a huge issue to me. There's more areas they dropped the ball like after lifting level cap they didn't scale House of Judgement difficulty rewards. I frankly hate the Taken as a race, we already had Hive and they were macabre enough already, and thry're everywhere now. I'd like missions that focus on Cabal or Fallen enemies or some mix like before, but presence of Taken I hate and they pop up everywhere.

I hate too how they still have content exclusively for pre-assembled fire teams without matchmaking options. This bugs the shit out of me. Plus I love co-op but feel they twist players arms to do PvP and I've no interest in competitive MP beyond just killing more than my teammates in co-op.

Admittedly I haven't touched it in months but I wouldn't take these criticisms as seriously since biggest complainers of microtransactions in a game don't actually play the games they bitch about. Destiny's problems are bigger than that and these stupid critcal interlopers are detracting from long needed discussion.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I feel bad for all the suckers who went out and supported Bungie, by purchasing all their DLCs.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@kingsfan_0333: if you can show where I said they owe me anything....I won't say you're just wanting to be a politically correct devils advocate with no real integrity.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Every shooter Sony touches whether it's exclusive deals or marketing rights, the game gets cursed and the games end up not being that good. See CoD and SWBF as recent examples. This PlayStation shooter curse followed the PS4 from PS3. Last good shooter was probably SoCom on the PS2 days.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Yeah, i've been reading a bunch of shit on their forums yesterday, fanboys of this game are finally waking up. Why did ya'll took you so long? The more shit they receive for Destiny, higher's the chance of not only getting a decent game out off of Destiny 2 but also (VERY important) we may actually see the sequel running on an engine that isn't plugged into a potato somewhere in Ukraine. Fallout 4's engine is an outdated shit but Destiny's engine, destiny engine is like GW2's engine, game killing for 2016 standards.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

@foxhound_fox: True. I can only make it up with a simple seppuku.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_: FO4 engine is worse.

FO4 engine is still the Morrowind engine if I recall correctly. It's about fucking time to stop making minor enhancements and make or buy another one.

FO4 looks and plays like last gen....and if the next TES uses it....I won't be buying it.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Every shooter Sony touches whether it's exclusive deals or marketing rights, the game gets cursed and the games end up not being that good. See CoD and SWBF as recent examples. This PlayStation shooter curse followed the PS4 from PS3. Last good shooter was probably SoCom on the PS2 days.

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@finalstar2007 said:
@gago-gago said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

I guess he has selective memory and blocks out the dead on arrival flop that was Titanfall.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@finalstar2007 said:
@gago-gago said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

I guess he has selective memory and blocks out the dead on arrival flop that was Titanfall.

how was it a dead on arrival flop?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NathanDrakeSwag

@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@finalstar2007 said:
@gago-gago said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

No one plays it and it was hyped up to be the next big thing. M$ clearly expected it to be the next Halo/Gears/CoD4 type of success story yet it ended up being a glorified Brink.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Bungie sucks, a glorified one hit wonder getting exposed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@finalstar2007 said:
@gago-gago said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

No one plays it and it was hyped up to be the next big thing. M$ clearly expected it to be the next Halo/Gears/CoD4 type of success story yet it ended up being a glorified Brink.

I don't see how that makes it a dead on arrival flop. It was well received by critics, and has a sequel coming for the 3 major platforms

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:
@gago-gago said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

Battlefront, Destiny, BLOPS3, Killzone. All shit. All were promoted as exclusives for sony.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Lol more Destiny hate.

You kids make more posts about Destiny than the players that actually enjoy the game. It's sad, really.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NathanDrakeSwag

@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Blaming Sony lmfaoo

I don't see how that makes it a dead on arrival flop. It was well received by critics, and has a sequel coming for the 3 major platforms

So what? Lots of shit games no one plays get sequels. It's easy for almost any FPS with a ton of marketing hype behind it to sell enough copies to profit. Keeping a community for more than a month is what almost no one knows how to do anymore.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lostrib

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So what? Lots of shit games no one plays get sequels. It's easy for almost any FPS with a ton of marketing hype behind it to sell enough copies to profit. Keeping a community for more than a month is what almost no one knows how to do anymore.

...so it wasn't a dead on arrival flop after all

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lostrib

@Dire_Weasel said:

Lol more Destiny hate.

You kids make more posts about Destiny than the players that actually enjoy the game. It's sad, really.

...except in this case finalstar is one of those people who would post about how much he enjoys the game

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@finalstar2007:

Remove Bungie? The problem is clearly activision.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mems_1224

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

thousands of people still play titanfall.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NathanDrakeSwag

@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:

Sure. Just like Killzone is some amazing success story because it got a few sequels right? Or Evolve because Take-Two said that is getting a sequel.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dire_Weasel

@lostrib said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

Lol more Destiny hate.

...except in this case finalstar is one of those people who would post about how much he enjoys the game

I didn't get farther than the title and I can already see this is just another predictable and sad Destiny hate train.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 NathanDrakeSwag

@mems_1224 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:

Like 2 or 3k lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:

Sure. Just like Killzone is some amazing success story because it got a few sequels right? Or Evolve because Take-Two said that is getting a sequel.

I never said any of that. Just pointing out that it doesn't appear to be a dead on arrival flop

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mems_1224

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@lostrib said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Like 2 or 3k lol.

more like 5-10k

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib

@Dire_Weasel said:
@lostrib said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

Lol more Destiny hate.

I didn't get farther than the title and I can already see this is just another predictable and sad Destiny hate train.

My point is that finalstar isn't someone who goes around just hating on destiny. I'm pretty sure he's put in hundreds of hours, and brags about that fact, so it's a bit more significant for him to be pissed about Destiny compared to the usual "lol Destiny DLC, emotes, etc"

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 silversix_

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_: FO4 engine is worse.

FO4 engine is still the Morrowind engine if I recall correctly. It's about fucking time to stop making minor enhancements and make or buy another one.

FO4 looks and plays like last gen....and if the next TES uses it....I won't be buying it.

yes, its ancient but it doesn't take a whole day to change a minor thing on the map. Dunno if you know this but Destiny's engine is an extreme pain in the ass to work with. FO4 may look fugly but its engine is flexible af, just look at all the things mods alone have implemented into the game.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_: I can deal with devs needing lots of time if the engine works to effect.

I mean, I'm not doing the work I'm playing so looks is more important to me in that regard.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Dire_Weasel

@lostrib said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@lostrib said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

Lol more Destiny hate.

My point is that finalstar isn't someone who goes around just hating on destiny. I'm pretty sure he's put in hundreds of hours, and brags about that fact, so it's a bit more significant for him to be pissed about Destiny compared to the usual "lol Destiny DLC, emotes, etc"

Oh, so this isn't a predictable and sad Destiny hate train?

Oh, whoops, it is. Carry on, fellas.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By silversix_

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_: I can deal with devs needing lots of time if the engine works to effect.

I mean, I'm not doing the work I'm playing so looks is more important to me in that regard.

yes you're playing. You're also not receive any other content than "nerfs" because they can't tweak shit on that engine. Even IF Bungievision wasn't as greedy as they're, they wouldn't be able to offer content like a "normal" game would. And since this is an mmo, no constant flow of content (free or not) is bad news.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#84 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Sure, they bitch about the game. But lets see if they can put their money where their mouth is, as in, not keep supporting bullshit business that's screwing their consumer base.

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

People should have had these thoughts when the beta dropped and anyone with more than a couple brain cells would have noticed the problems from the start.

Ha ha so true. To think I bought the PS4 earlier because of this game but the beta turned me off big time.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_: they've given updates even with it not being an mmo. I fully believe they made it clear it wasn't an mmo.

It's just that the value of the major updates which were the DLC were fucking worth shit for what they charged.

If the FO engine was so great they should have been able to make the game look better and better animated.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 silversix_

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_: they've given updates even with it not being an mmo. I fully believe they made it clear it wasn't an mmo.

It's just that the value of the major updates which were the DLC were fucking worth shit for what they charged.

If the FO engine was so great they should have been able to make the game look better and better animated.

they aren't fooling anyone with Destiny not being an mmo. They don't want the MMO's image, that's why they never admitted Destiny being an mmo. I never said fallout 4's engine is good lol. I said its better than the slow ass Destiny's engine. FO4 animations ARE THE worst in the gaming industry hands down.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mr_Huggles_dog

@silversix_: maybe I'm not understanding you.

What do you mean by "slow"?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 silversix_

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@silversix_: maybe I'm not understanding you.

What do you mean by "slow"?

Insanely slow and clunky to develop content with. Have a read. http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

It’s not uncommon for a game’s scope to reduce during development, but Bungie had a unique problem. People who worked on this projectsay that one of Bungie’s fundamental issues over the past few years has been the game’s engine, which the studio built from scratch alongside Destiny. Four sources pointed to Destiny’s technology—the tools they use to design levels, render graphics, and create content—as an inhibiting factor in the game’s development.

“Let’s say a designer wants to go in and move a resource node two inches,” said one person familiar with the engine. “They go into the editor. First they have to load their map overnight. It takes eight hours to input their map overnight. They get [into the office] in the morning. If their importer didn’t fail, they open the map. It takes about 20 minutes to open. They go in and they move that node two feet. And then they’d do a 15-20 minute compile. Just to do a half-second change.”

People who have worked with Destiny’s tech say the company is capable of powering incredible things behind the scenes, like player matchmaking. It’s also clear that Destiny is one of the best-looking video games ever made. But as a tool-set for designers, sources say, Destiny’s engine is subpar, and creating new maps and missions at Bungie can be grueling for developers.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#90  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

Just let it die. Stop supporting garbage. It amazes me how people continue to play this game. The smart ones left over a year ago or didn't even buy it.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

Bought Destiny for the first time recently with all dlc for around 35 bucks new.

Sofar so good, I've already gotten my money's worth.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Oni, Myth, Halo...they are good. Its just that they are not as wise when it comes to MMO.

So in that sense, they could learn a few things from Blizzard.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#93 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Well duh. Destiny was a blatant cash-grab game designed around milking your wallet dry.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22688 Posts

No offense to anyone who has enjoyed this game since it launched, but I can think of no worse example of gen 8 gaming than the shenanigans found in the Destiny franchise.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@rollermint said:

@jg4xchamp: Oni, Myth, Halo...they are good. Its just that they are not as wise when it comes to MMO.

So in that sense, they could learn a few things from Blizzard.

Oni sucks, and Myth was an aight RTS game that got a lot more love than it should have because it was a mac game, just like Marathon, had it been on PC, both would have been forgotten games because they would have been outclassed by the mid-late 90s FPS and RTS games the PC was getting.

Halo is their one hit.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@kingsfan_0333: if you can show where I said they owe me anything....I won't say you're just wanting to be a politically correct devils advocate with no real integrity.

If you can show me where I said that you said they owe you anything, I'll pretend to care about anything you've said up to this point.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

Remove the developer? I'm not sure about that. They don't need to lose their jobs. But I would rather them go with a different publisher. I do find it funny that the severe lack of content, almost non-existent story, terribly repetitive zones, and monotonous objectives aren't what made people not want to play; instead it was messing with their KDs and a boring game mode.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@john_of_rivia said:

Remove the developer? I'm not sure about that. They don't need to lose their jobs. But I would rather them go with a different publisher. I do find it funny that the severe lack of content, almost non-existent story, terribly repetitive zones, and monotonous objectives aren't what made people not want to play; instead it was messing with their KDs and a boring game mode.

Everyone blaming Activision when obviously Bungie is at fault

you do realize Call of Duty devs not only pack every single game with lots of content but they also have much, much better communication skills with the playrs than bungie

Just yesterday Bungie replied to everyone's complaints regarding the stupid matchmaking they decided to have and lie to everyone about saying that they will only change it for a single match mode for a week to gather data and MAYBEEE change it to other playlists too.. i mean if this reply dosent tell shitty dev team i dont what does

Bungie is the issue not activision

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

People should have had these thoughts when the beta dropped and anyone with more than a couple brain cells would have noticed the problems from the start.

This, after playing many MMOs ... this game was dead on arrival ... pretty bland in all aspects.. even the fact that it was practically Halo gameplay couldn't save the tedium ....

But then, that sums up bungie to me... got lucky by making a slow paced moonwalking casual console shooter work on consoles for the first time to a ACCEPTABLE degree ..... 1 trick-ponies.