Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Someone seems to be very butthurt from this thread. Why doesn't it matter so much if PUBG was the #1 download for Dec? You cows sure are sensitive

12 months >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1 month.

Pug is not even on the top 10 most downloaded games of 2018 hahahahahaa and look GOW and spiderman still there hell even TLOU hahahahahaaaa...

Is halo MCC on the top games download this year?

@i_p_daily said:

Hey @tormentos where you at? you seem to be in this thread running your mouth about BO4 being played more than Halo 5 which came out over 3yrs ago, and yet BO4 is whipping GoW (the GOTY) arse and that game came out only 9 months ago lol.

Here and seeing how GOW,spiderman and even TLOU make it into the top most downloaded games of 2018 while Pug didn't a super popular multiplatform game..

Hahahahaaa

No i was running my mouth on how even warframe was beating Halo 5..hahahaha

Warframe release in 2014 before Halo 5 hahahahaa....

Well you called me here.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@tormentos: When was PUBG released on the PS4?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Someone seems to be very butthurt from this thread. Why doesn't it matter so much if PUBG was the #1 download for Dec? You cows sure are sensitive

Pug is not even on the top 10 most downloaded games of 2018 hahahahahaa and look GOW and spiderman still there hell even TLOU hahahahahaaaa...

Um.... What?

- PUBG was the most downloaded title on PSN in December
- GoW was not in the top 10
- Why are you comparing year end sales totals of GoW( launched in April) and Spider-Man ( launched in September) against PUBG PS4 that launched December 7th? How the hell does that make sense?

And why are you talking about Halo?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

On topic>>>>>>>>>>>>off topic. The thread is about Dec not the entire year. Nowhere in the thread does it imply PUBG was the #1 downloaded game on PSN for an entire year. This sure has caused massive amounts of butthurt though I'm not sure why. Sensitive cows I guess

Umm who cares. Don't recall TC mentioning any other month besides Dec. Stop crying about it El tormented just accept it and use some of that "special cream" even though it was designed for butthurt caused by X1X, I'm sure it'll work just fine for this instance.

I don't know, is it? Do I care if it is? Has that massive amounts of butthurt subsided yet? Doesn't appear to have.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tormentos

@goldenelementxl said:

Um.... What?

- PUBG was the most downloaded title on PSN in December

- GoW was not in the top 10

- Why are you comparing year end sales totals of GoW( launched in April) and Spider-Man ( launched in September) against PUBG PS4 that launched December 7th? How the hell does that make sense?

And why are you talking about Halo?

""Pug is not even on the top 10 most downloaded games of 2018""

Maybe you should check the post i was replying to.

How the hell you compare sales of a HOT NEW (for PS4) multiplatform game in december vs a game like GOW or spiderman that were release months ago.

That is ^^ what you should have asked lemmings on this thread some how you fail to do so but ask me how i can compare GOW and Spiderman total sales vs PUG new ones.

So it is OK to compare PUBG sales of DECEMBER vs games that came months ago and its sales die down,but isn't ok to compare whole year sales vs PUBG newer ones?

What i say about Halo is between IP daily and me and you see it was him who bring Halo here first again you are single me out and you simply didn't read what i was replying to.

:)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@i_p_daily said:

Hey @tormentos where you at? you seem to be in this thread running your mouth about BO4 being played more than Halo 5 which came out over 3yrs ago, and yet BO4 is whipping GoW (the GOTY) arse and that game came out only 9 months ago lol.

Here and seeing how GOW,spiderman and even TLOU make it into the top most downloaded games of 2018 while Pug didn't a super popular multiplatform game..

Hahahahaaa

Well you called me here.

WTF are you even talking about? Did you not look at the OP or what? God of War release in April 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man release in September 2018 and I know because I downloaded those 2 games on launch day. This is December 2018 we're talking about now!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tormentos

@davillain- said:

WTF are you even talking about? Did you not look at the OP or what? God of War release in April 2018 & Marvel's Spider-Man release in September 2018 and I know because I downloaded those 2 games on launch day. This is December 2018 we're talking about now!

Ok i am going to make this short and sweet.

1-You people most really look at what i am replying before quoting me.

2-

@Pedro said:

I guess despite the Sony fannies claiming that PS4 gamers wouldn't be interested in the trash called PUBG, they sure are downloading said game and paying for it. Also, look at all those multi-plats. :)

@MonsieurX said:

Where the exclusives and the best VR game of all time, Astroboy?

@pc_rocks said:

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

@VERTIGO47 said:

Those super AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAE exclusives the entire 91 million PS4 gamers care SO MUCH about.

Stupidity such as this ^^ is somehow OK,so let me make this clear again for you.

It is somehow OK to claim or imply that PS4 exclusives don't sell based on sales of a new game (on PS4) for 1 month vs games release as far as APRIL which sales would never everrrrr be as big or alive as something new (except for GTAV) but is not OK to compare the total sales of the older game vs the new one?

How come i didn't see you complain or even clarify to this losers that games such as GOW had been selling for month and that it would be practically impossible for them to beat something hot and new months latter.

That is call been a total hypocrite if you are going to call people out do so universally lemmings and cows not what serve your biased agenda first.

@kingtito said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

On topic>>>>>>>>>>>>off topic. The thread is about Dec not the entire year. Nowhere in the thread does it imply PUBG was the #1 downloaded game on PSN for an entire year. This sure has caused massive amounts of butthurt though I'm not sure why. Sensitive cows I guess

Umm who cares. Don't recall TC mentioning any other month besides Dec. Stop crying about it El tormented just accept it and use some of that "special cream" even though it was designed for butthurt caused by X1X, I'm sure it'll work just fine for this instance.

I don't know, is it? Do I care if it is? Has that massive amounts of butthurt subsided yet? Doesn't appear to have.

Which mean nothing as those PS4 games came months ago,so it is ok to compare games that are not hot vs games that are newly release how?

Again remember i don't comprehend..Hahahaha

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:
@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Which mean nothing as those PS4 games came months ago,so it is ok to compare games that are not hot vs games that are newly release how?

Again remember i don't comprehend..Hahahaha

Again, that's not what the topic is about el tormented. This is about Dec downloads and ONLY Dec downloads. Reading comprehension fail? Would seem so

That much is obvious. Glad you can finally admit it. Time to put some work in to resolve that issue?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

I guess despite the Sony fannies claiming that PS4 gamers wouldn't be interested in the trash called PUBG, they sure are downloading said game and paying for it. Also, look at all those multi-plats. :)

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

@VERTIGO47 said:

Those super AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAE exclusives the entire 91 million PS4 gamers care SO MUCH about.

Stupidity such as this ^^ is somehow OK

Those posters aren't talking about total year sales. They are pointing out the legs, or lack there of, the "must have titles" on PS4 have. People say God of War is a must play, reason to own a PS4 title. Yet it didn't crack the top 10 in a holiday month... People claim Astrobot is the biggest reason to own PSVR and the best VR game period. It doesn't seem like PS4 owners know about that or agree. They are also pointing out the lack of exclusive titles in that list. The top 10 downloaded games of December mostly consists of shooters everyone claims to hate and sports games everyone dismisses. The purpose of this thread is to point out the disconnect between the message board world and the real world. In reality, the majority of you are the most disconnected, out of touch people in the hobby.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@goldenelementxl said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

Those posters aren't talking about total year sales. They are pointing out the legs, or lack there of, the "must have titles" on PS4 have. People say God of War is a must play, reason to own a PS4 title. Yet it didn't crack the top 10 in a holiday month... People claim Astrobot is the biggest reason to own PSVR and the best VR game period. It doesn't seem like PS4 owners know about that or agree. They are also pointing out the lack of exclusive titles in that list. The top 10 downloaded games of December mostly consists of shooters everyone claims to hate and sports games everyone dismisses. The purpose of this thread is to point out the disconnect between the message board world and the real world. In reality, the majority of you are the most disconnected, out of touch people in the hobby.

Bingo we have a winner. When I enter this thread, I actually expected Fortnite to be number 1 but as GoldenElementXL pointed out, it's just number 1 on the free-to-play though as number 1. The heavyweight exclusives have already been release several months ago and both God of War & Marvel's Spider-Man are indeed good games, but those are really one time play and the list does shows there's interest in the arena shooters on PS4. To be honest, I'm more surprise Call of Duty Black Ops 4 isn't sitting at number 1 since Activision has that marketing deal with Sony.

Edit: Even notice that Spyro: Reignited Trilogy isn't on that list. That was my last download game on November 2018 and that was the last time I turn on my PS4 and it's been off for 2 months now. It'll be turn on again when Kingdom Hearts 3 release.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#61 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69477 Posts

@tormentos: LMAO. Don't be annoyed about my comments on DECEMBER sales. Its not my fault DECEMBER sales don't fit your agenda but perfectly fits mine. :)

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Multiplats galore but not surprised by pubg. Whatever Sony fans said they wanted that on PS4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#63 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Proving for the umpteenth time, the shit fanboys champion in SW means diddly shit in the actual consumer market.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PUBG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember how I was told I have "low standards" for playing that on X1X.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

But the internet told me everyone was tired of PUBG and nobody played it.

Hmmm, how could the internets be wrong?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 cainetao11

@ellos said:
@kingtito said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Edit: Just realized this thread is for the month of December only.

First link I found....

https://gamerant.com/most-downloaded-ps4-games-2018/

No PUBG on that list. Hmmmmm

Red Dead Redemption 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

FIFA 19

Spyro: Reignited Trilogy

God of War

NBA 2K19

Spider-Man

The Last of Us Remastered

To be fair why should he not try to give a general picture of the year. Its a welcome argument for the thread is it not. PUBG had a great december is it about to take of on ps4 or was it one month thing. Why the spike in December for it. The post kinda gives the general ps4 software download business for the year. The usual dominant multi plats with a couple of exclusives at the top. An old popular exclusive that must have cost $5 or something up there.

PUBG only released in December IIRC.

General picture of the year isn't needed unless one is anal leaking due to butthurt about the MONTH of Dec. Why not just stay on topic? The thread is downloads for the last full month of 2018.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@davillain- said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

Bingo we have a winner. When I enter this thread, I actually expected Fortnite to be number 1 but as GoldenElementXL pointed out, it's just number 1 on the free-to-play though as number 1. The heavyweight exclusives have already been release several months ago and both God of War & Marvel's Spider-Man are indeed good games, but those are really one time play and the list does shows there's interest in the arena shooters on PS4. To be honest, I'm more surprise Call of Duty Black Ops 4 isn't sitting at number 1 since Activision has that marketing deal with Sony.

Edit: Even notice that Spyro: Reignited Trilogy isn't on that list. That was my last download game on November 2018 and that was the last time I turn on my PS4 and it's been off for 2 months now. It'll be turn on again when Kingdom Hearts 3 release.

I'm going to be on @tormentos side on this one oh well lol. I dont know if you all understand each other. I think the OP is trying to imply that SpiderMan, GOW are not hot as cows try to paint them somehow. They did not win or the case of GOW even crack top in month only December against Popular Multi plats games. Especially the ones where those month are still prime month for them. I think el tormantos point, he is trying to tell you they fizzled out I think you all agree on this. They are single player games that dominated the months they were released several month ago. If they released in the holiday months say October ish and did not crack the top 10 that will be a concern. Spider in September compare to GOW is still cracking on. So pointing to the dude that released the year end data shows that GOW Spider aint so bad there among the best selling games for the year. They have beaten alot of multi plats with the exception of the usual most popular cheezes of them all. Not a bad year as somehow the demand for them to have legs in December say? If you are a company making a game like spiderman or GOW you take the 9 mil. Don't think even multiplat Batman can say that. You don't worry about that 9 mill did not come in december to compete on the OPs picture wtf. GOW you take what ever close to spiderman sales you get. Going against the COD, Fifa, Rockstar, Popular MP games is not achievable. The point is they are amongst the best selling games for the year. They managed to beat 100s of other games to get there. Yes the last of us still being downloaded for some f***in reason as well. One of those games everyone still suggesting to people to get I guess. I think the miss understanding to OP yes GOW, Spiderman are as successful as they have been hailed to be. A lot of Companies making such games would like those sells.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@ellos said:
@davillain- said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

I'm going to be on @tormentos side on this one oh well lol. I dont know if you all understand each other. I think the OP is trying to imply that SpiderMan, GOW are not hot as cows try to paint them somehow. They did not win or the case of GOW even crack top in December against Popular Multi plats games. I think el tormantos point, he is trying to tell you they fizzled out. They are single player games that dominated the months they were released several month ago. If they released in the holiday months say October ish and did not crack the top 10 that will be a concern. Spider in September compare to GOW is still cracking on. So pointing to the dude that released the year end data shows that GOW Spider aint so bad there among the best selling games for the year. They have beaten alot of multi plats with the exception of the usual most popular cheezes of them all. Not a bad year as somehow the demand for them to have legs in December say? If you are a company making a game like spider you take the 9 mil. You don't worry about that 9 mill did not come in december. GOW you take what ever close to spiderman sales you get. Going against the COD, Fifa, Rockstar, Popular MP games is not achievable. The point is they are amongst the best selling games for the year. They managed to beat 100s of other games to get there. Yes the last of us still being downloaded for some fuckin reason as well. One of those games everyone still suggesting people to get I guess. I think the miss understanding to OP yes GOW, Spiderman are as successful as they have been hailed to be. A lot of Companies making such games would like those sells.

Nah, the point is what GoldenElement laid and what I said. The cows claimed GoW will be remembered forever as a masterpiece while Popular Multiplayer games are just a flavor of the month. Obviously that is LOL worthy and only done to defend Sony's lack of multiplayer offerings. Wrong on both accounts. GoW, Spiderman and by extension almost all Sony games are one and done games, no body remembers or cares. They have no impact, no legacy or anything. No one cares about TLOU, HZD, UC4 anymore but people are still playing DOTA, CS, WoW, LoL etc. etc. more than a decade on. Hell people still play Doom, Half Life, Starcraft, Deus Ex etc either vanilla or with mods and these games are still actively sold unlike cows favorites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
Member since 2019 • 75 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

Nah, the point is what GoldenElement laid and what I said. The cows claimed GoW will be remembered forever as a masterpiece while Popular Multiplayer games are just a flavor of the month. Obviously that is LOL worthy and only done to defend Sony's lack of multiplayer offerings. Wrong on both accounts. GoW, Spiderman and by extension almost all Sony games are one and done games, no body remembers or cares. They have no impact, no legacy or anything. No one cares about TLOU, HZD, UC4 anymore but people are still playing DOTA, CS, WoW, LoL etc. etc. more than a decade on. Hell people still play Doom, Half Life, Starcraft, Deus Ex etc either vanilla or with mods and these games are still actively sold unlike cows favorites.

Yeah, a game with 17 million sales

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/14/17465488/the-last-of-us-sales-17-million-ps3-ps4

Surely is a game nobody cares about...

And let's not forget that TLOU is one of the most downloaded games of 2018, a 5 year old game...

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ellos

cainetao11: Boy I'm going to be a cow on this one. I was telling him this topic was not going to stay about december for obvious reasons. People asking where is this game or that game is that game successful?. If one wants to make a counter point and say hey that game released long ago. It had legs but not GTA legs. It is actually successful if you look at the full picture. Is that not fair given where the topic was going to go anyways.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PC_Rocks

@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/14/17465488/the-last-of-us-sales-17-million-ps3-ps4

And let's not forget that TLOU is one of the most downloaded games of 2018, a 5 year old game...

Yeah, a remaster as well as a bundled game. Pretty strong comeback. I wonder why didn't you include Crash remake trilogy to the mix. Yeah I can easily add it to 'point and your head' thingy.

EDIT: Oh great, another alt. Wonder if it's tgob's another alt or Quad or the cow he supposedly left.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@pc_rocks said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, a remaster as well as a bundled game. Pretty strong comeback. I wonder why didn't you include Crash remake trilogy to the mix. Yeah I can easily add it to 'point and your head' thingy.

EDIT: Oh great, another alt. Wonder if it's tgob's another alt or Quad or the cow he supposedly left.

Yeah, so you're telling me that a game with 17 million sales, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, and its sequel being one of the most hyped future game releases all around is a game nobody cares about? Sure, sure, maybe in fantasy land, but in the real world that's not true at all and calling me an alt will not change this.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ellos

@pc_rocks: Personally I dont find GOW to be a msterpiece, I think its great. I don't know why we pretend that sells dictate the games we remember. Some of the greatest games we remember did not sell well compare to the best selling games out there. Some of the best nintendo games can attest to that. Zelda use to not sell as well as BOTW did. Metroid not even close. We talk of bloodborne, souls for example those games multiplat or not don't even come close to HZD numbers for example. I'm laughing as I don't understand whats the issue here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@ellos said:

@pc_rocks: Personally I dont find GOW to be a msterpiece, I think its great. I don't know why we pretend that sells dictate the games we remember. Some of the greatest games we remember did not sell well compare to the best selling games out there. Some of the best nintendo games can attest to that. Zelda use to not sell as well as BOTW did. Metroid not even close. We talk of bloodborne, souls for example those games multiplat or not don't even come close to HZD numbers for example. I'm laughing as I don't understand why the issue here.

The issue here is that he's saying those games are not memorable and have no legacy when they clearly are memorable and have legacy. He may not like them, it doesn't mean what he's saying is true.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By PC_Rocks

@ellos:

My point wasn't just sales but legs or even important impact/legacy. Sony games has none of that, actually none of the Sony games ever had that. Lastly sales have always been cows argument not anyone else's. Just look at the cow above still trying to push sales of PS3, then bumped by a remaster, bundles and a presence of a sequel in works as something equivalent to the games and impact I listed. One and done is the appropriate word.

Edit: And yup, definitely Quad. Good to see I triggered him by quoting what he claimed in the other thread. Seems like his alt Kenishiro was banned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

My point wasn't just sales but legs or even important impact/legacy. Sony games has none of that, actually none of the Sony games ever had that. Lastly sales have always been cows argument not anyone else's. Just look at the cow above still trying to push sales of PS3, then bumped by a remaster, bundles and a presence of a sequel in works as something equivalent to the games and impact I listed. One and done is the appropriate word.

Yeah... hype for the sequel, influence on the industry, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, with ps4 having 3347 games on its store... Sure, no legs, no legacy, riiiiiiiiight...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Yeah... hype for the sequel, influence on the industry, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, with ps4 having 3347 games on its store... Sure, no legs...

What games did TLOU influence?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ellos

@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Come on dude a certain sony game has a legacy. Its just not the kind legacy you like or want to be associated with lol. The games you have listed are very very different from TLOUS for example. The industry should be, and is much wider then that.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PC_Rocks

@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Yeah... hype for the sequel, influence on the industry, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, with ps4 having 3347 games on its store... Sure, no legs, no legacy, riiiiiiiiight...

Alright Quad, let's do this. Legs you say:

PS Plus Ramadan Offer

PS Plus Ramadan Offer 2

It weren't sales. It was offered for free on PS Plus subscription and it was added automatically to all those that bought this subscription. Even embarrassing it still ended up at 10 when compared to the titles that were actually bought. No Sony game has legs, one and done.

Just hide behind sales that were also propped by bundles and then a remaster and keep trying to somehow equate it to the legendary games I listed.

Lastly, influence and legacy, you say? ROFLMAO.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Yeah... hype for the sequel, influence on the industry, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, with ps4 having 3347 games on its store... Sure, no legs...

To be fair, it did continue Sony's movie game trend. Uncharted started, Last of Us kept it going.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DaVillain  Moderator

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

To be fair, it did continue Sony's movie game trend. Uncharted started, Last of Us kept it going.

Same Developers you know. Uncharted & TLoU=Naughty Dogs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@pc_rocks said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

PS Plus Ramadan Offer

PS Plus Ramadan Offer 2

It weren't sales. It was offered for free on PS Plus subscription and it was added automatically to all those that bought this subscription. Even embarrassing it still ended up at 10 when compared to the titles that were actually bought. No Sony game has legs, one and done.

Just hide behind sales that were also propped by bundles and then a remaster and keep trying to somehow equate it to the legendary games I listed.

Do you have proof to your claims?

And I'd really like you'd stop calling me Quad or an alt, as I am neither of them. I'm not disrespecting you, so I'd like you to do the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Uncharted clearly influenced the new Tomb Raider series and TLOU influenced God of War.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PC_Rocks

@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

He meant new GoW. :D

@ellos said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Come on dude a certain sony game has a legacy. Its just not the kind legacy you like or want to be associated with lol. The games you have listed are very very different from TLOUS for example. The industry should be, and is much wider then that.

Nah, when I say legacy I really meant the games I listed and how they influenced/changed the industry by bringing something new to the table. None of the Sony games are original, they have no classics. All and I mean all their games are derivatives of what came before it already. I mean Nintendo, PC, SEGA all had games that are classics and genre defining. Hell even MS had at least on PC if not Xbox but Sony don't have anything at all.

I mean even their cinematic approach is influenced from other titles that did it far better. Sony's approach is just shitty and over abundance of walking section/on rails segments and their flavor of supposed 'emotional stupidity'. I mean that's scratching the bottom of the barrel.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ellos
@pc_rocks said:

Nah, when I say legacy I really meant the games I listed and how they influenced/changed the industry by bringing something new to the table. None of the Sony games are original, they have no classics. All and I mean all their games are derivatives of what came before it already. I mean Nintendo, PC, SEGA all had games that are classics and genre defining. Hell even MS had at least on PC if not Xbox but Sony don't have anything at all.

I mean even their cinematic approach is influenced from other titles that did it far better. Sony's approach is just shitty and over abundance of walking section/on rails segments and their flavor of supposed 'emotional stupidity'. I mean that's scratching the bottom of the barrel.

Your not gonna get an argument from me. Sony are not legendary or have the legacy like Nintendo or even Sega. They have though picked up the console industry and have worked with some influential folks. Fumeto Ueda for example many dev say Ico, Shadow of the Colossus are influential to them. Some of that influence can even be seen in Nintendo games. The last part is my own observation.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PC_Rocks

@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

PS Plus Ramadan Offer

PS Plus Ramadan Offer 2

Do you have proof to your claims?

And I'd really like you'd stop calling me Quad or an alt, as I am neither of them. I'm not disrespecting you, so I'd like you to do the same.

Already did. The links I posed mentioned exactly that. They weren't sales per se, Sony was giving it as part of PS+ subscription and that's how they were ended up on PS Store's 'download' list. You can prove me wrong by showing the TLOU's download numbers for 2017 (HINT: It wasn't there).

I'm sorry if I'm drawing mods attention to you. By now you have realized I have a knack for finding out alts. ;) Anyway, I'm out.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ellos

@gamer_lover said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

Uncharted clearly influenced the new Tomb Raider series and TLOU influenced God of War.

Ill add when they had there fake demo beef The Tomb Raider director did say ND is a reference to them. Its fair to say ND does contribute to any modern cinematic games angst to some gamers lol.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PC_Rocks

@ellos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Your not gonna get an argument from me. Sony are not legendary or have the legacy like Nintendo or even Sega. They have though picked up the console industry and have worked with some influential folks. Fumeto Ueda for example many dev say Ico, Shadow of the Colossus are influential to them. Some of that influence can even be seen in Nintendo games.

I know you won't because you're a reasonable dude. No sane person would make that claim. I wouldn't categorize even Ueda games as classics, sure it was different to other Sony games but in the wider sense...definitely not the original/classics.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cainetao11

@goldenelementxl said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

As I said already it indicates once again, that the fanboys here are a minority in the real consumer world.

ahmedkhan1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ahmedkhan1994
Member since 2008 • 714 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Did PUBG just launch on PS4? I thought PS4 players hated it after seeing how bad it ran on xbox and considering there are other battle royale games that came out before it on PS4 that run better..

The thing is there are no better battle royale games. Black Ops 4 is a decent foray into BR, but with only 1 map, and the extremely arcade-like gameplay where people slide around and hip fire leaves much to be desired by many that want a more realistic approach instead of another H1Z1, which they already have.

There is one other thing that i feel like people are not noticing when they compare battle royal games. PUBG is the only battle royale on console that has absolutely zero aim assist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8

@ellos: yes it is. Sadly some people will only accept what their distorted and narrow view of the world can see.

I pity people with so much hatred towards games, to be honest.

It doesn't make it less true though.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@zaryia said:

I knew it, PS4s top 3 played games are just games that are far better on PC.

I love how you conveniently avoided top 4....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:

I knew it, PS4s top 3 played games are just games that are far better on PC.

I love how you conveniently avoided top 4....

That'll be true enough soon, so the top 5 will be best on PC (4 of them already are). Piss4, when you can't get a good PC.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@cainetao11: I put an "edit" in my post once I realized that. It's still weird to cherry pick one month to try to prove a point lol. The comments range from "cows don't play exclusives" to "PUBG is the most played PS4 game"... Even though these are just downloads, not sales. It was a fun thread though ?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@zaryia: Piss4 or PeeSea... One's just a little saltier than the other.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@Pedro said:

Shows how full of sh*t the cows on here are... lmao.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@i_p_daily said:

Hahahahaaa

Well you called me here.

And Warframe is free you muppet which goes back to my original point that free game get played more than payed ones, and you changed the narrative to that of BO4 which is not yet 3 months old is being more played than Halo 5 which is well over 3yrs old, and yet you can't make a case why the GOTY GoW, Spider-Man, Detroit which are all less than a year old being less played than BO4.

Oh and now you're trying to change the narrative to all year lol, stay losing tormy its what you do best lol.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ellos

@cainetao11 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@pc_rocks said:

@VERTIGO47 said:

As I said already it indicates once again, that the fanboys here are a minority in the real consumer world.

I guess Ill defend myself in this since I have probably gone to the fanboy minority side. Yeah I actually get what TC is trying to say but its like we are arguing against our own selves. Nobody talks about Fifa other then that Commando dude I get it lol. When you poll people for must have games you gonna get very interesting list no matter there fanboys of particular faction or not at all. Honestly some of you all will have different reasons for the must have games. Despite that though can we really deny GOW success commercially. Especially if your connected historically you know its a different height for the franchise and the studio. Don't be surprised if it sold and will sell more copies then Mortal Kombat. The mortal Kombat on that list for example may not reach GOW sales. The must have games of some people may not even reach this GOW numbers no matter if it made to this december data or not. Why is capcom celebrating Monster Hunter World there most successful selling game so far? Are they stupid the history of that company gotta have produced some must have games. Given the type of game it is why is it not doing Spiderman numbers. Why is it not on that december list. The point is Monster Hunter World is critically and commercially successful. Fans of that game can proclaim it to be a must have game on any system. It does not mean it takes away from sales, how popular Fifa is. Come on that list is not only a small picture but you guys also want no one to make any counter point against it?. Your points are actually more validated from a full list don't you think. Fifa will still own but being connected to the industry is also actually understanding GOW success. I mean if we want to go overboard about sales wise we should shut up and talk about mobile games lol. Say If one brings up the month this year that the TLOU was number 1 downloaded game will that really be a valid point to dismiss some of the topics going on about that game? Probably not people will have there own caveats to that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cainetao11

@joshrmeyer said:

@cainetao11: I put an "edit" in my post once I realized that. It's still weird to cherry pick one month to try to prove a point lol. The comments range from "cows don't play exclusives" to "PUBG is the most played PS4 game"... Even though these are just downloads, not sales. It was a fun thread though ?

Cherry picking is weird? At SW? Dude hahahahahahahahahaha