December 2018 Top PS4 Downloads

• 114 results
#101 Posted by cainetao11 (36353 posts) -

@ellos: Well the thing is, here at SW cows went off on anyone of us playing or enjoying PUBG in December 2017 on X1. They claimed they'd never play shit like that, its trash, lems have no standards etc.

Well here ya go after a year and PS4 owners actually want PUBG. LOL

I don't care if anyone tries to counter this. And if one month is such a small snapshot why is there an NPD thread every month? I think some are taking this bit of "oh look what people on PS4 are downloading last month HAHAHA" a bit too seriously.

#102 Posted by ellos (1952 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@ellos: Well the thing is, here at SW cows went off on anyone of us playing or enjoying PUBG in December 2017 on X1. They claimed they'd never play shit like that, its trash, lems have no standards etc.

Well here ya go after a year and PS4 owners actually want PUBG. LOL

I don't care if anyone tries to counter this. And if one month is such a small snapshot why is there an NPD thread every month? I think some are taking this bit of "oh look what people on PS4 are downloading last month HAHAHA" a bit too seriously.

Fair enough because PUBG being the type of game it is could actually take of once again this year lol.

#103 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10286 posts) -

@cainetao11: Wasn't that whole bashing of the game because of how bad it ran on the xbox? I personally hate the game and the concept but that's just me. If it runs that bad on the PS4, then there's a bunch of hypocrites that bought it on here.

#104 Posted by cainetao11 (36353 posts) -

@joshrmeyer said:

@cainetao11: Wasn't that whole bashing of the game because of how bad it ran on the xbox? I personally hate the game and the concept but that's just me. If it runs that bad on the PS4, then there's a bunch of hypocrites that bought it on here.

It dipped to 12 FPS at one time in an analysis and cows ran with that as if PUBG only played at 12 fps. Yet, here it is, the number one download on PS4. And according to DF it runs like it does on X1. Which as late as Dec 6th was shit according to many. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-XlVeIhIpw

#105 Posted by babyjoker1221 (1291 posts) -

PS4 players have been thirsty for PUBG after all it seems. Kinda sad considering it plays the worst on that platform.

#106 Posted by npiet1 (1811 posts) -

@gamer_lover said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@gamer_lover said:
@pc_rocks said:

@ellos:

My point wasn't just sales but legs or even important impact/legacy. Sony games has none of that, actually none of the Sony games ever had that. Lastly sales have always been cows argument not anyone else's. Just look at the cow above still trying to push sales of PS3, then bumped by a remaster, bundles and a presence of a sequel in works as something equivalent to the games and impact I listed. One and done is the appropriate word.

Yeah... hype for the sequel, influence on the industry, one of the most downloaded games of 2018, with ps4 having 3347 games on its store... Sure, no legs...

What games did TLOU influence?

To be fair, it did continue Sony's movie game trend. Uncharted started, Last of Us kept it going.

Uncharted clearly influenced the new Tomb Raider series and TLOU influenced God of War.

I can see the TLOU influenced the new GOW with the boy, but Uncharted didn't influence Tomb Raider at all, if anything it was the other way around.

#107 Posted by ocinom (987 posts) -

Oh look, PS4 haters hating Sony Domination again. How does it feel to be stuck in 2nd and 3rd for the rest of the generation?

#108 Edited by Kali-B1rd (1874 posts) -

Xbox360 of the genaration where most of the people are playing the 3rd best versions of multiplats.

Called it, over and over again.

Lowest common denominator device with 1-2 unique games a year.

#109 Edited by Vatusus (9214 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

December downloads. GoW came out in march. Outside of GTAV, wich is a beast on ALL of the other platforms aswell, all of the other games are relatively recent so you're gonna tell me fall released games would be above a near 1yo game on top december downloads?! Shocker!

#110 Posted by PC_Rocks (1805 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Wait where is the GOTY GoW? Spiderman at 8? Cows told me GoW will forever be remembered as a masterpiece. Strange people forgotten about it in less than a year.

December downloads. GoW came out in march. Outside of GTAV, wich is a beast on ALL of the other platforms aswell, all of the other games are relatively recent so you're gonna tell me fall released games would be above a near 1yo game on top december downloads?! Shocker!

Great, another triggered cow. You lot should have think when making bold claims. Let me spell it out for you again: 'GoW is a masterpiece that will forever be remembered while multiplayer games like OW, Fortnite and PUBG are a flavor of a month.' Deal with with. One and Done!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#111 Posted by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

@pc_rocks: It sounds to me that you're actually triggered because people think GoW is a masterpiece...

#112 Edited by Vatusus (9214 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@Vatusus said:
@pc_rocks said:

Great, another triggered cow. You lot should have think when making bold claims. Let me spell it out for you again: 'GoW is a masterpiece that will forever be remembered while multiplayer games like OW, Fortnite and PUBG are a flavor of a month.' Deal with with. One and Done!

Who said that? One random cow? Thats hardly an argument. If you wanna go that route then OW, Fortnite and PUBG are already more popular than any other game in exixtence, even your favorites w/e they are. That doesnt make them better games. A few years ago CoD was what these are now, CoD is still hated by the vast community and regarded as sh*t while gems who sold a fracture of what CoD sold are still remembered fondly by the community today... so yeah, your argument is severely flawed

#113 Posted by PC_Rocks (1805 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Who said that? Post a link cause I remember no one saying that. If you wanna go that way then OW, Fortnite and PUBG are already more popular than any other game in exixtence, even your favorites w/e they are. That doesnt make them better games. A few years ago CoD was what these are now, CoD is still hated by the vast community and regarded as sh*t while gems who sold a fracture of what CoD sold are still remembered fondly by the community... yeah, your argument is severely flawed

@pc_rocks said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@zaryia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Overwatch is old news, Fortnite is eating its lunch money currently. That's the problem with all these casual MP games, you're only good until a more popular game comes and sweeps you away. God of War will always be remembered as a masterpiece that was able to snatch the GOTY crown from the insanely overhyped RDR2. Overwatch isn't even close to that type of recognition.

1. Maybe on consoles. But Overwatch is still big on PC, and one of the top competitive games (well above FN for that). This "problem" for MP games does not exist on PC.

2. Huh? Single player movie games are what become old news, and fast. They have zero retention since they are rentals at best. There are millions playing OW still, and will be for many years to come. Meanwhile GoW4 is forgotten and unplayed. Like, who still talks about UC or TLOU? Sony forums maybe?

3. And Overwatch was able to get several GOTYs as well, what's your point? By the ways, "The Game Awards" are not official or anything. You just chose that cause GoW4 won at that particular source.

Anyways, Journey best on PC.

😂 "Maybe on consoles...". If what you say is true why didn't a PC exclusive Multiplayer game get nominated for mentioned for GOTY?

VGA is the official GOTY because it's the biggest award show. Which other GOTY has more popularity or carries as much clout? 😂 Gamespot? C'mon man, get over it. Your blind hate for all "movie games" and consoles is clouding your judgement and making you butthurt. GOW had a tough time going against a game like RDR2 with a 97 MC score and 17 million sold in a week and it still won. Overwatch isn't close to being an icon like RDR2 or Rockstar are in the industry. Any other game other than perhaps Zelda would have gotten buried if they released on the same year as RDR2 but GOW still prevailed. It's a HUUUUGE upset, Overwatch wouldn't have survived if it went head to head against RDR2 and you know that.

Hi Quad,

Ummmmmm...what? Do tell me how many awards LoL, DOTA, CS, Crossfire, Team Fortress won? Yet, they all are going strong more than a decade on with magnitudes of more revenue, player numbers an influence than any Sony game. Who remembers UC, TLOU, MGS4 - the ones that literally won all GOTY awards. What are their legacy or what impact did they have?

Okay, scratch those MP games. Let's get down to SP. Doom, Half-Life/Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, Thief still going strong with mods/user generated content still keeping them alive. Also many of them still actively sold on GoG. Which Sony game compares to that? Come next year all would have forgotten GoW.

Link

The same cow is now hiding behind another alt in this thread and got butthurt because he didn't have a response now just like he didn't have back then. My argument is very simple and laid out in extremely clear terms across multiple posts in this very thread. Trying to dance around what the point was by hiding behind sales, sometimes popularity, sometimes casual yearly iterations won't change any of that. Cows had one argument sales and popularity and the TC just blown it to oblivion even there. Sony games are a flavor of the month: One and Done!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8
#114 Edited by deactivated-5c3c67cee15c8 (75 posts) -

@pc_rocks: yep, triggered and confirmed.

#115 Posted by Vatusus (9214 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@Vatusus said:

Who said that? Post a link cause I remember no one saying that. If you wanna go that way then OW, Fortnite and PUBG are already more popular than any other game in exixtence, even your favorites w/e they are. That doesnt make them better games. A few years ago CoD was what these are now, CoD is still hated by the vast community and regarded as sh*t while gems who sold a fracture of what CoD sold are still remembered fondly by the community... yeah, your argument is severely flawed

@pc_rocks said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@zaryia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Overwatch is old news, Fortnite is eating its lunch money currently. That's the problem with all these casual MP games, you're only good until a more popular game comes and sweeps you away. God of War will always be remembered as a masterpiece that was able to snatch the GOTY crown from the insanely overhyped RDR2. Overwatch isn't even close to that type of recognition.

1. Maybe on consoles. But Overwatch is still big on PC, and one of the top competitive games (well above FN for that). This "problem" for MP games does not exist on PC.

2. Huh? Single player movie games are what become old news, and fast. They have zero retention since they are rentals at best. There are millions playing OW still, and will be for many years to come. Meanwhile GoW4 is forgotten and unplayed. Like, who still talks about UC or TLOU? Sony forums maybe?

3. And Overwatch was able to get several GOTYs as well, what's your point? By the ways, "The Game Awards" are not official or anything. You just chose that cause GoW4 won at that particular source.

Anyways, Journey best on PC.

😂 "Maybe on consoles...". If what you say is true why didn't a PC exclusive Multiplayer game get nominated for mentioned for GOTY?

VGA is the official GOTY because it's the biggest award show. Which other GOTY has more popularity or carries as much clout? 😂 Gamespot? C'mon man, get over it. Your blind hate for all "movie games" and consoles is clouding your judgement and making you butthurt. GOW had a tough time going against a game like RDR2 with a 97 MC score and 17 million sold in a week and it still won. Overwatch isn't close to being an icon like RDR2 or Rockstar are in the industry. Any other game other than perhaps Zelda would have gotten buried if they released on the same year as RDR2 but GOW still prevailed. It's a HUUUUGE upset, Overwatch wouldn't have survived if it went head to head against RDR2 and you know that.

Hi Quad,

Ummmmmm...what? Do tell me how many awards LoL, DOTA, CS, Crossfire, Team Fortress won? Yet, they all are going strong more than a decade on with magnitudes of more revenue, player numbers an influence than any Sony game. Who remembers UC, TLOU, MGS4 - the ones that literally won all GOTY awards. What are their legacy or what impact did they have?

Okay, scratch those MP games. Let's get down to SP. Doom, Half-Life/Half-Life 2, Deus Ex, Thief still going strong with mods/user generated content still keeping them alive. Also many of them still actively sold on GoG. Which Sony game compares to that? Come next year all would have forgotten GoW.

Link

The same cow is now hiding behind another alt in this thread and got butthurt because he didn't have a response now just like he didn't have back then. My argument is very simple and laid out in extremely clear terms across multiple posts in this very thread. Trying to dance around what the point was by hiding behind sales, sometimes popularity, sometimes casual yearly iterations won't change any of that. Cows had one argument sales and popularity and the TC just blown it to oblivion even there. Sony games are a flavor of the month: One and Done!

Oh, one random cow said it. Nice. Your argument is just as stupid as his.

#116 Edited by PC_Rocks (1805 posts) -

@Vatusus:

Remember what you just asked: Who said that? Post a link cause I remember no one saying that? Besides did you miss it when I specifically said a cow said this? Also he wasn't the one, sure he's the one that specifically said it but all the cows in different threads said things which is equivalent of this. Anyway, I'm done, I made my point pretty clear. Keep dancing around it because it hurts your feelings for Sony.