Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

This game is the ultimate expresion of hipster gaming ... nothing in the game makes sense, yet you have to convice yourself you are enjoying it because it's a Kojima game ...

Anyway, the game looks like hot garbage, i feel really bad for those who got the game thanks to untrustworthy media outlets trying to keep Kojima fanboys happy.

I specially like the GS review ... i honestly can't remember a case when the reviewer is so hard trying to justify a score without actually giving any valid reason ... it just went like "human connections" ... what a ripoff.

Or, you know, people actually do like the game and gameplay (like myself).

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@madsnakehhh said:

This game is the ultimate expresion of hipster gaming ... nothing in the game makes sense, yet you have to convice yourself you are enjoying it because it's a Kojima game ...

Anyway, the game looks like hot garbage, i feel really bad for those who got the game thanks to untrustworthy media outlets trying to keep Kojima fanboys happy.

I specially like the GS review ... i honestly can't remember a case when the reviewer is so hard trying to justify a score without actually giving any valid reason ... it just went like "human connections" ... what a ripoff.

Or, you know, people actually do like the game and gameplay (like myself).

The entire game is you walk and make weapons out of your body fluids ... yeah, hipster no doubt, if Konami had made the game with no Kojima input, everyone would be blasting the game to no end.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Chutebox

@madsnakehhh: You can literally break down any game like that.

People like a game you don't, get over it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#204 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

The bolded is sig worthy

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

@Chutebox: Yes, you can break down any game like that ... And they still make way more sense.

Super Mario - A plumber jumps on enemies while collecting coins ... Sounds a lot better than just delivering packages to Connan O'Brien via walking.

God of War - A senseless angry guy kills gods ... Yep, far more interesting than walking and throwing fecal granades.

People despise this game for what represents, a big middle finger to the gaming industry that pretty much proves that influence, brand name and popularity can give you a free pass on everything including making bad games, I mean ... Can you imagine the backlash if instead of "Kojima" this game was wearing the Ubisoft, EA or Konami flag ???

Sad to see so many bowing down to a wannabe filmmaker who has little to no respect for the industry I love the most.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

@TheEroica said:

It's been a few days since I checked in on death stranding... Everyone still bored to tears? Anyone still holding up that bold front?

I'm wondering if/what the parameters of Kojima next game will be about. Do they give him freedom to do what he wants or is someone going to reign him in?

Also, was Konami right to cut ties with Kojima?

Well they made way too much money after firing him so I would say, yes!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#207  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19582 Posts

Most controversial divisive games of 2019:

1. Pokemon Sword & Shield
  2. Death Stranding
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  4. Astral Chain
  5. Sea of Thieves

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Chutebox

@madsnakehhh: Gamers aren't "bowing" down to anything.

But thanks for agreeing with me. Sorry you didn't enjoy the game.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 PC_Rocks

@cainetao11 said:

https://youtu.be/ukqZ5VOoK5s

Lmfao

C'mon now, don't be a 'hater'. People clearly enjoy such mundane tasks. I mean who wouldn't like Skyrim with just tedious walking. It's a new genre and art. You have to play it to appreciate it because apparently you can't judge it from the gameplay videos showing exactly what it does.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 cainetao11

@pc_rocks said:
@cainetao11 said:

Lmfao

C'mon now, don't be a 'hater'. People clearly enjoy such mundane tasks. I mean who wouldn't like Skyrim with just tedious walking. It's a new genre and art. You have to play it to appreciate it because apparently you can't judge it from the gameplay videos showing exactly what it does.

"Its the first ever strand type game"

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#211 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@cainetao11 said:

Lmfao

What does that even mean? What is a 'strand' game?

Stranded?... Looking for 'strands' of story?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@svaubel said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@cainetao11 said:

Lmfao

What does that even mean? What is a 'strand' game?

Stranded?... Looking for 'strands' of story?

Its a piece of string that is hanging out from Kojima's arse, its for his follows to yank on when they need to be fed some of Kojima's usual shit.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

If DS did not have Kojima tied to it, everyone would recognize it as a tedious borring walking simulator.

Because thats what it is, take the exact same game and take Kojimas name off of it, graphics are nice, nice cut scenes, highly paid voice actors, gameplay is shallow and borring fetch quests. Very drawn out, cant really even call it a slow burn, because that would mean the later half is much better and stops feeling tedious. But its not.

5/10 game easy, 6/10 if feeling generous

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3039 Posts

Not really sure where "walking simulator" comes from. I got a motorcycle very early on.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3039 Posts

I like how people will build stuff while I'm asleep. Wake up the next day and then there will be bridges and ladders all over the place. May seem dumb but I also the the sound it makes when I like other people's structures. Like.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Chutebox

@uitravioience: Yup, within first few hours I got the wind generator.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Okay **** this game. I got to the city in the Mountains (by foot through the snow over the mountain because it was too difficult to take the antimatter bomb my vehicle, it explodes off of barely hitting anything) and as soon as I get there the game wants me to go ALL THE FUCKING WAY back down to Mamas Lab, where I have to pick her up and take her BACK UP THE MOUNTAIN to the city. Nope nope. **** that. I beat the little mini boss outside of Mamas Lab and then had to take the game back to the store cuz my rental was over. Dunno if I’ll ever pick it up again honestly lol

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@jcrame10: Dunkey left her ass on the mountain lol

5:19

dantesergei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#219 dantesergei
Member since 2004 • 2254 Posts

My two cents:

Try the game. Rent it or borrow it from a friend.

Don't fall for words like: walking simulator, Kojima, no gameplay, tedious, boring, fun, actors, money, Konami.

I'm 20 hours in, and i think its really complex in it's execution, somehow they managed to blend the concept to the gameplay and it works for what it is.

If i have to put it in a box, i would call it "Futuristic Dystopian Simulator" or something like that.

First game i've ever played that you actually have to carry your equipment, it makes it feel super realistic in a way and contrasts the norm about everyone having tons of equipment in magical backpacks. Actually the opposite of any Metal Gear game.

It has a ton of systems in it's gameplay, not a simple game by any means.

Hideo Kojima is a man that's not afraid to try new things, i mean he knew that this massive instantaneous influx of information was coming, people wanting instant gratification, instant understanding. We all want that.

People, try this and have your own opinion developed. Maybe you can find something interesting whether you end up liking it or not.

Peace brothers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Even if you didn't build roads, it takes less than 10 mins to hop on the long distance trike with Mama and head straight over the mountain. That's what I did.

The only "trouble" spot along the way would be the small canyon where the cosplayer lives, though chances are you'd have a road way or a bridge there by now. Even if not, you can still navigate it other ways.

You can pretty much go anywhere with the trike, and gracefully so. Just make use of the wheelie and the jump button. Balance out your landing if you catch too much air.

Anyways, seems you're not feeling the game this far in, so calling it quits isn't a bad idea. It's one thing to dislike the first few hrs, but if you're not enjoying the game at this point, it's probably not for you.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 cainetao11

@jcrame10: What Ive gathered is the gameplay loop is walking/balancing packages; keeping the baby from crying; I remember people bitching about menus in the Witcher 3 LOL Ive seen DS menus.

Funny thing is when people say you have to play it to have an opinion I remember many shitting on games not made by Kojima without them playing it. Everything Ive read, seen, tried for a few minutes in regards to this has been shit imo.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Chutebox

@cainetao11 said:

@jcrame10: What Ive gathered is the gameplay loop is walking/balancing packages; keeping the baby from crying; I remember people bitching about menus in the Witcher 3 LOL Ive seen DS menus.

Funny thing is when people say you have to play it to have an opinion I remember many shitting on games not made by Kojima without them playing it. Everything Ive read, seen, tried for a few minutes in regards to this has been shit imo.

That's cool. I don't know why people believe that everyone has to love/hate one game (not directed towards you, just generally). **** sake people, it's opinions and they vary! Surprise!!!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#223 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69744 Posts

@Chutebox: I think the core issue is when folks try to treat these issues as a matter of fact. If someone is enjoying this game, who cares if someone hates it. Some people really don't like Horizon New Dawn but I enjoyed the game and non of their rants would change that. :)

Douglas129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Douglas129
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

whats the point of this thread i could not understand

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Chutebox

@Pedro said:

@Chutebox: I think the core issue is when folks try to treat these issues as a matter of fact. If someone is enjoying this game, who cares if someone hates it. Some people really don't like Horizon New Dawn but I enjoyed the game and non of their rants would change that. :)

Yup! Cain's sig is actually spot on.

Avatar image for Homo_Sovieticus
Homo_Sovieticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Homo_Sovieticus
Member since 2013 • 70 Posts

Meanwhile, Death Stranding has Meta user score of 5.3 and 8112 negative reviews vs 7972 positive reviews.

Right after release positive/negative ratio was about 66%/33%. Now Kojima boys are losing.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

35 HOURS IN...

The game is tough. If you plan poorly, you'll fail. If you carry too many items, you'll fail. When you make that delivery, there's no greater feeling. I love leaving behind all the the items that helped me make the journey, knowing it will ease someone else's burden.

The story has had me memorized since the start. The game loop is addictive and once I'm done with the story I'm eager to go back and do the side quest deliveries.

Always ping your BB to scan the area. Water too deep? Don't go in. Hill too steep? Don't chance it. If you fall, it's your fault.

It's walking and item management in a world unlike any other in video games.

Loving it. My brother just beat it, it's his first kojima game, and he had nothing but great things to say once his journey was over.

Can't wait to meet him at the finish line. At my own pace...of course.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Bread_or_Decide

@jcrame10 said:

Okay **** this game. I got to the city in the Mountains (by foot through the snow over the mountain because it was too difficult to take the antimatter bomb my vehicle, it explodes off of barely hitting anything) and as soon as I get there the game wants me to go ALL THE FUCKING WAY back down to Mamas Lab, where I have to pick her up and take her BACK UP THE MOUNTAIN to the city. Nope nope. **** that. I beat the little mini boss outside of Mamas Lab and then had to take the game back to the store cuz my rental was over. Dunno if I’ll ever pick it up again honestly lol

The game is patience. If you have none...you'll have a bad time.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By PC_Rocks

I can't wait for all the mods/trainers that remove the tedious walking on PC just to see cutscenes. I mean it's ridiculous because you will be completely cutting the game but I'm sure that will happen on PC. It will furthger prove my point that no one liked the gameplay or Kojima's gameplay in general they are only in it for his shitty stories, cutscenes and verbal diarrhea.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Bread_or_Decide
@uitravioience said:

Not really sure where "walking simulator" comes from. I got a motorcycle very early on.

It's a blanket label because people love those. Beats having to understand what a thing is exactly. When you can throw a label on it, dismiss it, and move on with what you're comfortable with.

You can't just press forward on the analog stick.

So much else is involved. It's a hiking delivery management game. And what a game it is.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#231 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69744 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jcrame10 said:

You mean the game loves wasting your time.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Bread_or_Decide

@Pedro said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jcrame10 said:

You mean the game loves wasting your time.

The game is about making deliveries. So no, the main game play element is not a waste of time.

Now if the game asked you to take time off to cook ten recipes that would be wasting your time.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#233 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

While met with fairly positive views, basically the majority of what you mentioned has already been said in those reviews so you probably should've been able to determine if the game was for you prior to a waste of a rental. For instance, while its Kojima and the game aesthetically looks pleasing, based on the gameplay I've seen and the descriptions I've read, it doesn't seem like it would be something I'm into which means HARD PASS.... simple as that. I'm glad some are enjoying it though.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 jcrame10

@Bread_or_Decide: the gameplay is not rewarding at all it is just tedious and not fun.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Bread_or_Decide

@jcrame10 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: the gameplay is not rewarding at all it is just tedious and not fun.

There are no wrong opinions about the game.

I find it enthralling and addictive.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Bread_or_Decide
@cejay0813 said:

While met with fairly positive views, basically the majority of what you mentioned has already been said in those reviews so you probably should've been able to determine if the game was for you prior to a waste of a rental. For instance, while its Kojima and the game aesthetically looks pleasing, based on the gameplay I've seen and the descriptions I've read, it doesn't seem like it would be something I'm into which means HARD PASS.... simple as that. I'm glad some are enjoying it though.

This is how I feel about Dunkey's video on the game.

There's no way he'd be into that sort of game but he proceeds to play it and trash it anyway.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

I’ve just ordered something of very.com here in the uk could any one of you (83-5.3 metacritic)death stranding players tell me when my expected delivery date is?

When I put my tracking order number in it takes me to a death stranding Purchase page?

Anyway joking aside,will the game get a December update? A couple of dozen Xmas card delivery missions and shit

HAH

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Bread_or_Decide

@bluestars said:

I’ve just ordered something of very.com here in the uk could any one of you (83-5.3 metacritic)death stranding players tell me when my expected delivery date is?

When I put my tracking order number in it takes me to a death stranding Purchase page?

Anyway joking aside,will the game get a December update? A couple of dozen Xmas card delivery missions and shit

HAH

I would love santa hat free DLC.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jag85
@Homo_Sovieticus said:

Meanwhile, Death Stranding has Meta user score of 5.3 and 8112 negative reviews vs 7972 positive reviews.

Like I said in the GOW thread:

@Jag85 said:

Metacritic user scores are utterly worthless and a complete joke. MC user scores can be easily manipulated by people who've never played the game, via block voting and review bombing.

The only way MC user scores can be taken seriously is if they implement a similar system to Rotten Tomatoes, where the average user scores only take into account confirmed users who have evidence they've actually purchased movie tickets. The equivalent for video games would be confirmed users who have evidence they've actually purchased or rented the game.

Bottom line: User scores mean shit.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jcrame10 said:

I agree with you on both points , and I beat the game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#241 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I've finished the game and I loved it. It's a unique gaming experience, a slow burner that rewards patience and careful planning. I don't care about the long cut scenes or the arty aspirations (though the concept is really intriguing) I just found myself absorbed in the world.

It is NOT a walking simulator there are countless things to consider and do as you progress through the game. Also as other people have mentioned you get fast transtport early on, you don't have to walk.

Consider this: the VAST majority of people hating on the game on this thread have never f***ing played it. Just rabid fanboys hating on a game they can't play. F*** them.

Buy it yourself when the price is right for you and form your own opinion. Fanboys are an absolute poison on this industry.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 jcrame10

@Nike_Air: I don’t know who you’re agreeing with

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Chutebox

True story. Was eating dinner with my family when my son stood up and held the chair up on his back. Was about to tell him not to do that and I asked, "what are you doing?" He said, "Carrying packages." Hahaha

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Nike_Air: I don’t know who you’re agreeing with

You both have a right to your opinions on the game , but I side with his opinion personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

35 HOURS IN...

The game is tough. If you plan poorly, you'll fail. If you carry too many items, you'll fail. When you make that delivery, there's no greater feeling. I love leaving behind all the the items that helped me make the journey, knowing it will ease someone else's burden.

The story has had me memorized since the start. The game loop is addictive and once I'm done with the story I'm eager to go back and do the side quest deliveries.

Always ping your BB to scan the area. Water too deep? Don't go in. Hill too steep? Don't chance it. If you fall, it's your fault.

Loving it. My brother just beat it, it's his first kojima game, and he had nothing but great things to say once his journey was over.

Teh feelz….

Your post comes across as you're trying to convince yourself that its good lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@i_p_daily: Don't know about the rest but I like DS enough but can't recommend anyone buying it full price unless you are into Sci-Fi that is. Already put 24 hours but man, it can get tedious if you aren't careful getting trap doing fetch quest though and it doesn't help I'm playing Jedi Fallen Order again and again lol. I give it a 7/10.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

After playing it for 30 hours, I can say that it is ok. I don't find DS particularly fun overall and as that is the reason I play video games, it would not get my personal recommendation. I honestly like the music in the game ALOT more than I like the actual game itself.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Bread_or_Decide

I love other people telling me how I feel about something and that I'm faking it.

The only person that's allowed to tell me that I'm faking it, is my wife, all right, buddy.

@i_p_daily said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

35 HOURS IN...

Teh feelz….

Your post comes across as you're trying to convince yourself that its good lol.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Bread_or_Decide

@Nike_Air said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@jcrame10 said:

I agree with you on both points , and I beat the game.

Apparently that's impossible and we're both lying for some reason...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Jag85

Copy-paste from the Divisive thread:

@Jag85 said:

Most controversial divisive games of 2019:

1. Pokemon Sword & Shield
  2. Death Stranding
  3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  4. Astral Chain
  5. Sea of Thieves

Death Stranding - Part hiking physics simulator, part cargo delivery management sim, and part online sandbox game. Some found it frustrating and boring, and others found it engaging and addictive. In terms of gameplay, this is the most divisive game of the year. This game is literally the definition of "your mileage may vary."