Dark Souls Switch - Downgraded Xbox 360 port w/small bump in res and charged for $40

• 127 results
pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: You are right that we don't need three identical objects with zero differences. But what we do need is a no-nonsense console from Nintendo with more power. No, it doesn't have to be a graphical monster - I will leave that to high-end PC gamers. The SNES, N64 and Gamecube got it right hardware wise, and gave us some brilliant experiences, but since then Nintendo has released one strange console after another with even stranger controllers. What happened to "normal" gaming on a "normal" console? Am I the only one who misses the good old Nintendo which gave us the "normal" SNES that delivered games such as Super Mario World , Super Tennis, Super Ghouls n Ghosts etc.?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Many of us aren't obsessed with this fanboy pixel counting bull spit.

As opposed to just spouting pure bull shit like you you mean...

That comment of yours was nearly as bad as Microsofts 'un-compromised pixels' shit..... you should see if they have a job for you.

In future don't make stupid comments.

In the future I'll just ignore everything you post. Meanwhile I'm happily gaming on whatever the hell I want without turning it into a diq measuring contest.

Ignore all you want, I'll still be there highlighting your stupidity.

Right, you're the one judging something you've never even touched talking about what's stupid.

OKAY.

I've never touched a Switch...OK..... tell me more about my life seeing as you know so much about it...

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts
@sakaixx said:

People will buy this due to portable.....

Dark souls collection (which is much more bang for your buck) is available on other system by the way.

It's the same bang for the buck. It's just the 3 games together at MSRP with a steelbook...

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@pmanden said:

@Bread_or_Decide: You are right that we don't need three identical objects with zero differences. But what we do need is a no-nonsense console from Nintendo with more power. No, it doesn't have to be a graphical monster - I will leave that to high-end PC gamers. The SNES, N64 and Gamecube got it right hardware wise, and gave us some brilliant experiences, but since then Nintendo has released one strange console after another with even stranger controllers. What happened to "normal" gaming on a "normal" console? Am I the only one who misses the good old Nintendo which gave us the "normal" SNES that delivered games such as Super Mario World , Super Tennis, Super Ghouls n Ghosts etc.?

And the N64 and gamecube and wii u bombed. The consoles where Nintendo decided to give people DA POWAH.

The SNES was a good time, but alas power doesn't sell Nintendo consoles, not since then and those days are long gone.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Bread_or_Decide

@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:

As opposed to just spouting pure bull shit like you you mean...

That comment of yours was nearly as bad as Microsofts 'un-compromised pixels' shit..... you should see if they have a job for you.

In future don't make stupid comments.

In the future I'll just ignore everything you post. Meanwhile I'm happily gaming on whatever the hell I want without turning it into a diq measuring contest.

Right, you're the one judging something you've never even touched talking about what's stupid.

OKAY.

I've never touched a Switch...OK..... tell me more about my life seeing as you know so much about it...

You also probably don't play PC games on the highest settings.

Would you like to know more?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OKAY.

You also probably don't play PC games on the highest settings.

Would you like to know more?

Yes please....

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Then what are you doing on System Wars!? LOL! You are one of the biggest fanboys here!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I would probably be fine with the performance since I play in handheld mode, but my only reluctance is over the game's online component and playing it on the go doesn't really do any good there.

As for price, it's on a Nintendo system, par for the course, they get txhings late and by then typically more expensive. Anyhow, by comparing it to a later gen system's performance, I'd probably want to measure that more by how it performs in Blighttown.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DocSanchez
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

And the N64 and gamecube and wii u bombed. The consoles where Nintendo decided to give people DA POWAH.

The SNES was a good time, but alas power doesn't sell Nintendo consoles, not since then and those days are long gone.

N64 had severe disadvantages, which explained all the fog, blur and lack of cut scenes in games. So because they chose a dead format like cartridges they could not be considered a powerhouse.

Gamecube was at least current gen, but that's all it was. Weaker than the Xbox, and lacking the dvd player of the PS2.

Calling Wii U "DA POWAH"? LOL. You fanboy!

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

Sheep were making fun of cows and lemmings playing ports, and now look at Switch. Ports everywhere

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bread_or_Decide

@DocSanchez said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

N64 had severe disadvantages, which explained all the fog, blur and lack of cut scenes in games. So because they chose a dead format like cartridges they could not be considered a powerhouse.

Gamecube was at least current gen, but that's all it was. Weaker than the Xbox, and lacking the dvd player of the PS2.

Calling Wii U "DA POWAH"? LOL. You fanboy!

Wii U games looks terrific, even by todays standards. You can LOL all you want, games on that thing looked gorgeous, on par with PS3's graphically most impressive games. And yes, it was power focused, and once again failed.

Sorry, but the lesser powerful consoles always sold best. Only the SNES had both power and sales and those days are long gone. Xbox one X appeared to return things to these ways making the PS4 the highest selling, and not the most powerful graphics console on the market.

There's absolutely no reason Nintendo needs to listen to the idiotic online fanboy begging for power. They wouldn't buy a Nintendo console in the first place, and the market tells a different story about what sells.

And it ain't graphics. Even recently COD looks awful and is selling by the bucket loads. See also, Fortnite, see also, PUBG, see also Candy Crush.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@DocSanchez said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Then what are you doing on System Wars!? LOL! You are one of the biggest fanboys here!

I am here on my life long quest to forever choose between bread or

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
@Vatusus said:

You blame the devs instead of the weak a** harware they have to work with... typical sheep logic

@DocSanchez said:

Don't blame developers, blame Nintendo. They are the ones who released the console underpowered. They are the ones that fostered this culture where their own fans don't respect the third party, so their games sell like crap.

I had this game, yonks ago. Why is this full price? Why is this a last gen port when we are arguably coming to the end of this gen? Because Nintendo.

Oh yes! Because weaker hardware SO EXCUSES bad porting with no effort put in for a game from last gen. What does that make the PS2 then when it tried (and failed) to run RE4 and other ports like Tales of Symphonia and Harvest Moon like the GameCube versions, or hell, even look as good with some other games like Viewtiful Joe? Oh, wait! Being a Sony console, of course it gets a pass.

You two probably think the Game Boy Advance was a POS because it had bad ports of Sonic the Hedgehog and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? Hell, DS and 3DS were crap because they had two bad ports of Rayman 2 YEARS after the crappy PSOne version?

Given that Bayonetta, another 360 port, runs fantastically on Switch in handheld mode, this quote from James Rolfe comes to mind: "There's no excuse, no f***ing excuse!"

@Gatygun said:

Switch is wii-u all over again. feels like that batman game which that reggie clown advertised as a complete new game.

Loading Video...

I'm sorry, but in no way does this compare to the Wii U. It would need the bad sales and super lacking third party support (and I mean more than just missing EA, Rockstar, Bethesda, and such, Switch is seeing more shovelware than the Wii U, put it that way).

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 nintendoboy16
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Wii U games looks terrific, even by todays standards. You can LOL all you want, games on that thing looked gorgeous, on par with PS3's graphically most impressive games. And yes, it was power focused, and once again failed.

Sorry, but the lesser powerful consoles always sold best. Only the SNES had both power and sales and those days are long gone. Xbox one X appeared to return things to these ways making the PS4 the highest selling, and not the most powerful graphics console on the market.

There's absolutely no reason Nintendo needs to listen to the idiotic online fanboy begging for power. They wouldn't buy a Nintendo console in the first place, and the market tells a different story about what sells.

And it ain't graphics. Even recently COD looks awful and is selling by the bucket loads. See also, Fortnite, see also, PUBG, see also Candy Crush.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, "hardcore" gamers are the most bigoted types of gamers there is.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

N64 bombed because it didn't have the CD drive - which made manufacturing like 90% cheaper for all the major publishers. This made publishing games on N64 a much bigger risk relative to PS1. There were plenty of negatives about using CD, but the dirt cheap cost for that larger 700MB storage capacity proved to far outweigh the downside at the time.

Wii-U bombed because the Wii fad was long dead by the time it came out, and the console was stupidly marketed. LOL at the Wii-U offering people "power", it had the same power as the other consoles that had been out 6-7 years at the time. The Wii-U didn't offer "power", it's biggest problem was it was junk hardware with a toyish quality tablet. 360 came out in 2005, Wii-U was on the same level and came out in 2012 when people were already complaining about how ancient the PS3/360 hardware was. After a full gen of barely managing to run games at 720p with choppy framerates, and the Nintendo was content to just barely beat that target?.

The only one you might have a point with is the Gamecube. Nintendo designed a terrific and highly capable piece of hardware for it's time, but it still bombed, The best design doesn't always win. The only real negative with Gamecube was the mini DVD only allowing 1.5GB, which like the issue with N64 was probably an issue for some publishers who were designing much larger games at the time.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

I remember getting this game for free with XBL Gold, and deleting it in about an hour.

Dark Souls is overrated.

Deep learning curve
Genius world design
Solid, varied level design
Interesting and fun characters and boss battles
No hand holding
Lets the player make a lot of their own decisions
Varied gameplay based on your build
Very replayable
Fun online
Story is only there for people who want it
Skippable cutscenes

I could go on. One of the best games ever. An hour did it no justice :)

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

My Switch is a dust collector. Even more-so since they decided to charge for trash online. Not paying Nintendo $20 just to play Mario Kart online.

Wow you rather be cheap,and not pay 20 , so that you can have an expensive dust collector? Wow talk about a real stable genius ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@whatafailure: Yet... Fucking fantastic games so far... Both exclusive, and multiplat. Shit, son... SMO got a 10. Is that the fastest 10/10 GS exclusive for consoles? I'm actually not sure, but it has to be damn close.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@drummerdave9099: You forgot boring, repetitive, ugly, and slow.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@drummerdave9099: You forgot boring, repetitive, ugly, and slow.

I think all we've gleaned from this... Is that tastes differ. It's hard to judge certain games after an hour, and Dark Souls is certainly one of them. Though I threw my opinion out there, you're entitled to yours, and I agree that in the first hour the game can be a struggle... Especially given that it was a relatively new take on older formulas. That being said, the Asylum Demon was actually a pretty damn good boss for the first foray into Lordran.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bread_or_Decide

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

N64 bombed because it didn't have the CD drive - which made manufacturing like 90% cheaper for all the major publishers. This made publishing games on N64 a much bigger risk relative to PS1. There were plenty of negatives about using CD, but the dirt cheap cost for that larger 700MB storage capacity proved to far outweigh the downside at the time.

Wii-U bombed because the Wii fad was long dead by the time it came out, and the console was stupidly marketed. LOL at the Wii-U offering people "power", it had the same power as the other consoles that had been out 6-7 years at the time. The Wii-U didn't offer "power", it's biggest problem was it was junk hardware with a toyish quality tablet. 360 came out in 2005, Wii-U was on the same level and came out in 2012 when people were already complaining about how ancient the PS3/360 hardware was. After a full gen of barely managing to run games at 720p with choppy framerates, and the Nintendo was content to just barely beat that target?.

The only one you might have a point with is the Gamecube. Nintendo designed a terrific and highly capable piece of hardware for it's time, but it still bombed, The best design doesn't always win. The only real negative with Gamecube was the mini DVD only allowing 1.5GB, which like the issue with N64 was probably an issue for some publishers who were designing much larger games at the time.

Super Mario 3D world and Bayonetta 2 look better than anything from the 360 era. Wii U is closer to PS3-TLOU level of graphics.

I love how what can look AMAZING one minute is then considered to be trash the next. When did PS3 graphics suddenly become ugly out of nowhere? Some of those games still look terrific even by todays standards, especially the Uncharted games.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bread_or_Decide

@daredevils2k said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

My Switch is a dust collector. Even more-so since they decided to charge for trash online. Not paying Nintendo $20 just to play Mario Kart online.

Wow you rather be cheap,and not pay 20 , so that you can have an expensive dust collector? Wow talk about a real stable genius ?

He probably doesn't really even have a switch. Or he bought one just to say he doesn't use it, another genius move.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

You guys do realize that this thread is clickbait, right?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

I think criticism are warranted going by this is not the cut down remastered version as was expected. This is in some cases a cut down but stable 360 port. At the end of the day though it's best handheld has to offer right now. That's appealing but I go for the big screen 60fps and better visuals. That significant upgrade is more important for me to give these games another go.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Maybe it's me but I always thought this game looked poor....visually.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 2Chalupas

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

Super Mario 3D world and Bayonetta 2 look better than anything from the 360 era. Wii U is closer to PS3-TLOU level of graphics.

I love how what can look AMAZING one minute is then considered to be trash the next. When did PS3 graphics suddenly become ugly out of nowhere? Some of those games still look terrific even by todays standards, especially the Uncharted games.

Uncharted 1 had all kinds of technical issues (screen tearing), and those issues were noticeable even back then to anyone with eyeballs. Uncharted 2 and 3 might still hold up in their original versions as they were fairly polished. Albeit running at only 720p native would likely be far more noticable today than it was then. Nobody has claimed the games themselves suddenly become "trash", just that the hardware is technically out of date and unable to keep up with new games.

People were ready for a next gen console when the Wii-U came out, and Wii-U only delivered a PS3/360-level console. Hence why the Wii-U failed. Nintendo was charging $299 for a "new" console essentially on the same level as the 6-7 year old competition that was at end of it's life. The only thing the Wii-U was ever going to be capable of was "slightly smoother" playing 7th gen games.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Uncharted 1 had all kinds of technical issues (screen tearing), and those issues were noticeable even back then to anyone with eyeballs. Uncharted 2 and 3 might still hold up in their original versions as they were fairly polished. Albeit running at only 720p native would likely be far more noticable today than it was then. Nobody has claimed the games themselves suddenly become "trash", just that the hardware is technically out of date and unable to keep up with new games.

People were ready for a next gen console when the Wii-U came out, and Wii-U only delivered a PS3/360-level console. Hence why the Wii-U failed. Nintendo was charging $299 for a "new" console essentially on the same level as the 6-7 year old competition that was at end of it's life. The only thing the Wii-U was ever going to be capable of was "slightly smoother" playing 7th gen games.

Only hardcore gamers care this much about graphics. Graphics don't sell a console. Only hardcore gamers think that.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got it for the portability. Even when I used to play it on PC I never bothered to get the framerate patch, only the resolution fix. Got the digital version so it's always there ready to go.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 2Chalupas

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Only hardcore gamers care this much about graphics. Graphics don't sell a console. Only hardcore gamers think that.

Nobody said it was the only factor, but the "power" of a console is absolutely a factor. If your output is 6-7 years behind - like the Wii-U was, it better have some serious marketing hook or what is the point? The Wii had that hook with motion controls, despite the fact that it was a standard definition machine essentially a generation behind in hardware - it still sold like gangbusters because of this control gimmick. The Wii-U tried to repeat that strategy (cheap, under powered console + control gimmick) - but with the toy-like tablet, pretty much nobody found that proposition to be worthwhile.

Switch is a bit different, since Nintendo can claim it's a handheld anytime a game fails to perform on par with consoles. It's a very weak console, but at least it's a powerful handheld. Still, when next generation machines come out the Switch weakness will be apparent as far as it's function as a home console. It will then be justified only as a handheld device.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 LuxuryHeart  Online
Member since 2017 • 1854 Posts
@pmanden said:

So you just want a PC/PS/Xbox clone, gotcha.

Also, it's funny how you say they got it right hardware wise with the N64 and GameCube. The N64 had a shitty controller. The GameCube really only had the controller going for it. The Switch for the most part got the functionality of the hardware right with motion controls and the choice to play in handheld mode, table top mode as a controller, with the pro controller, or with motion controls. Only problem really is the storage.

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again, "hardcore" gamers are the most bigoted types of gamers there is.

I agree. They seem to think they make up the majority of gamers and that if you don't make a console that's only for them, you deserve to fail. Like how they attack Pokemon Let's Go and Labo. It's like, who hurt you? You're still going to get your core games. Calm the **** down. If a Nintendo employee who's working on Metroid so much as takes a lunch break, these fucks come out in droves talking about how Nintendo isn't working hard enough to put out the game. I do like gamers, especially Nintendo gamers, but stuff like that is just embarrassing and sad.

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

The Wii sold more software than the Wii U up until 2015. It was not a fad that died. Why do you think Ubisoft continues to make Just Dance for the Wii? Because until the Switch came out, the Wii was the best selling version of Just Dance. NSMB Wii and Mario Kart Wii games are still selling to this day. It was not a fad.

The Wii U's problem was that they didn't upgrade the motion controls and had an awkward, fisher price looking tablet as the main controller. No casual was going to go for that. Ironically, the Switch was more of a spiritual successor to the Wii than the Wii U when you really get down to it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DocSanchez

@nintendoboy16: You can't be bigoted towards a corporation, you idiot.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@TheEroica said:

It's the only version of the game I've wanted to purchase and sink time into.... I don't care what it looks like. I want it on the go.

This^ I'm on a long flight coming up. totally worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#83  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:

You blame the devs instead of the weak a** harware they have to work with... typical sheep logic

@DocSanchez said:

Don't blame developers, blame Nintendo. They are the ones who released the console underpowered. They are the ones that fostered this culture where their own fans don't respect the third party, so their games sell like crap.

I had this game, yonks ago. Why is this full price? Why is this a last gen port when we are arguably coming to the end of this gen? Because Nintendo.

Oh yes! Because weaker hardware SO EXCUSES bad porting with no effort put in for a game from last gen. What does that make the PS2 then when it tried (and failed) to run RE4 and other ports like Tales of Symphonia and Harvest Moon like the GameCube versions, or hell, even look as good with some other games like Viewtiful Joe? Oh, wait! Being a Sony console, of course it gets a pass.

You two probably think the Game Boy Advance was a POS because it had bad ports of Sonic the Hedgehog and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3? Hell, DS and 3DS were crap because they had two bad ports of Rayman 2 YEARS after the crappy PSOne version?

Given that Bayonetta, another 360 port, runs fantastically on Switch in handheld mode, this quote from James Rolfe comes to mind: "There's no excuse, no f***ing excuse!"

You always speak out of "personal feelings" instead of objective thoughts so I'll do the same here:

I played and enjoyed RE4 on PS2. Never played the GC version and I dont give a r*ts a**. RE4 was, and still os to this day, my 2nd favorite game of all time, and I played the PS2 version. Never once did I blame the devs or the "bad" port. PS2 had hardware limitations so its even more impressive Capcom did a damn fine job with it, even though it wasnt as good as the GC version

Dark souls runs at a stable 30fps, thats more then the PS3/X360 version, hell even the PC version at the time, can gloat about. Be happy it runs well at all in such a weak a** hardware. What do you sheep wanted? A version on par with the PS4/X1 versions? lol gtfo

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

@luxuryheart: Well the N64 wasn't really my cup of tea, but at least it wasn't underpowered or gimmicky like Nintendo's recent consoles. The CPU, clocked at 93 Mhz was far superior to its competitors PS1 and Sega Saturn. Shame about that stupid cartridge format, though, that really held the N64 back.

I never owned a Gamecube, but I didn't think of it as underpowered. Just a console that didn't really know what it wanted to be.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@Solaryellow: It's not just you.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

It really didn't aged well for that matter.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 2Chalupas

@luxuryheart said:
@pmanden said:

So you just want a PC/PS/Xbox clone, gotcha.

Also, it's funny how you say they got it right hardware wise with the N64 and GameCube. The N64 had a shitty controller. The GameCube really only had the controller going for it. The Switch for the most part got the functionality of the hardware right with motion controls and the choice to play in handheld mode, table top mode as a controller, with the pro controller, or with motion controls. Only problem really is the storage.

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I agree. They seem to think they make up the majority of gamers and that if you don't make a console that's only for them, you deserve to fail. Like how they attack Pokemon Let's Go and Labo. It's like, who hurt you? You're still going to get your core games. Calm the **** down. If a Nintendo employee who's working on Metroid so much as takes a lunch break, these fucks come out in droves talking about how Nintendo isn't working hard enough to put out the game. I do like gamers, especially Nintendo gamers, but stuff like that is just embarrassing and sad.

@2Chalupas said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@pmanden said:

The Wii sold more software than the Wii U up until 2015. It was not a fad that died. Why do you think Ubisoft continues to make Just Dance for the Wii? Because until the Switch came out, the Wii was the best selling version of Just Dance. NSMB Wii and Mario Kart Wii games are still selling to this day. It was not a fad.

The Wii U's problem was that they didn't upgrade the motion controls and had an awkward, fisher price looking tablet as the main controller. No casual was going to go for that. Ironically, the Switch was more of a spiritual successor to the Wii than the Wii U when you really get down to it.

No, the Wii was definitely a fad. That doesn't mean games didn't keep coming (though I'm not sure why Just Dance is supposed to be important). Some of the best Wii games came so late the system was practically dead in terms of sales and broader support. I just mean the casuals who bought the system pretty much stopped caring in 2010-2011. The fad lasted about 2 years and then most people moved on.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 2Chalupas

@pmanden said:

@luxuryheart: Well the N64 wasn't really my cup of tea, but at least it wasn't underpowered or gimmicky like Nintendo's recent consoles. The CPU, clocked at 93 Mhz was far superior to its competitors PS1 and Sega Saturn. Shame about that stupid cartridge format, though, that really held the N64 back.

I never owned a Gamecube, but I didn't think of it as underpowered. Just a console that didn't really know what it wanted to be.

Gamecube was definitely not under-powered, it was at least on par with PS2 and better in most ways. Although the 1.5GB drive was probably limiting for some devs.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#89  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

This is the reason why Nintendo gamers have a hard time trusting 3rd party developers when it comes to development for Nintendo consoles. Bandai/Namco trying to sucker Switch owners $60 with a port of Dark Souls that isn't even a remastered version.

Loading Video...

Looks awesome. Graphics hold up very well.

The Switch rocks! :)

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DocSanchez
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Game feels like a little miracle on the switch.

Take your graphics circle jerk elsewhere.

Can't believe I missed this cringe. LOL. Little Miracle (!) A Last gen port!! LOLLLLLLLL

Nintendo -promised- this time they wouldn't be so far behind, and you are getting the PS3 version of a game when Nintendo is arguably two generations removed from that and you describe it...as....a miracle! LOLLLLLL So cringy.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@uninspiredcup: skyrim at £49.99 ....i get its on switch but wow.

Ive seen it as low as £3 on steam before

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

yea even at 4k60 on PC its a joke.

the "definitive" edition is like lipstick on a pig.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Bread_or_Decide

@DocSanchez said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Game feels like a little miracle on the switch.

Take your graphics circle jerk elsewhere.

Can't believe I missed this cringe. LOL. Little Miracle (!) A Last gen port!! LOLLLLLLLL

Nintendo -promised- this time they wouldn't be so far behind, and you are getting the PS3 version of a game when Nintendo is arguably two generations removed from that and you describe it...as....a miracle! LOLLLLLL So cringy.

People like you are so very sad. Too busy trying to be cool and missing out on all the fun.

Learn to enjoy things without worrying about what others think. Trust me, you'll be happier.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 nintendoboy16
@DocSanchez said:

@nintendoboy16: You can't be bigoted towards a corporation, you idiot.

Definition of "bigotry" here:

-stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

And, I'm talking in general. "Hardcore" gamers had a major issue when Nintendo decided to focus on the casual gamer with the Wii (because they SO gave a f*** when the GameCube was around /sarcasm) and the Blue Ocean Strategy, thinking the industry should be all about them and nobody else and as the LABO shows, still continues to this day. And don't get me started on how bad they shun casual gamers. Hell, Nintendo fans themselves are guilty of this in their own circle, with the NES-SNES (maybe 64? Lord knows GameCube, much as I love the system, has a revisionist fandom) fans shunning those who like the modern systems (like one poster here who likes to show his Nintendo collection to prove he doesn't "hate them", yet nobody bought it).

And you basically showed your side when Bread_or_decide admits to liking this version.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

LOL! Everyone only reads the topic title and not bother reading the OP, mostly cows!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 nintendoboy16
@Vatusus said:

You always speak out of "personal feelings" instead of objective thoughts so I'll do the same here:

I played and enjoyed RE4 on PS2. Never played the GC version and I dont give a r*ts a**. RE4 was, and still os to this day, my 2nd favorite game of all time, and I played the PS2 version. Never once did I blame the devs or the "bad" port. PS2 had hardware limitations so its even more impressive Capcom did a damn fine job with it, even though it wasnt as good as the GC version

Dark souls runs at a stable 30fps, thats more then the PS3/X360 version, hell even the PC version at the time, can gloat about. Be happy it runs well at all in such a weak a** hardware. What do you sheep wanted? A version on par with the PS4/X1 versions? lol gtfo

Dude, doesn't stop the fact that FireEmblem_Man has every right to complain at the devs for screwing this version up, not just in the development standpoint, but the marketing too (Mass Effect 3 Wii U all over again). Do you think I have no right to complain when Capcom couldn't make a proper Mega Man collection, especially on the Switch where there is no good reason to cut the collection in half, one for physical, the other digital (I had to pick a poison and buy the XBOX ONE version of the new X collection, because the GameCube X collection is damned expensive, but I digress...).

I brought all that up because it is plain hypocrisy. Nintendo gets a bad version, blame is all on Nintendo for the bad port because the hardware is of lower power. Sony and MS get a lower quality version (sometimes even bad), and it's damage control and hypocrisy galore (last time I said I liked a lower tier version of a game on here, I got laughed at, and like you, I don't care if I do as long as it's playable, but keep in mind this is a forum where one small frame going wrong makes a broken game to them).

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#97 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Yep, pretty much! I don't have to blame Nintendo for not making powerful hardware. The game is a freaking 360 game and Bandai/Namco hired a poor outsource company to work on it. Rocket League, a game run by UE3, shouldn't be able to run on the Switch as it's not optimize for mobile hardware, like UE4 is. But Psyonix actually did it and they're still able to support Switch owners with exclusive content as well as Cross-Play with the Xbox One. I really hate it that Hardcore gamers, worship game developers as gods and they're infallible, yet it's okay to shit on hardware companies for not doing what the "Game Gods" want.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DocSanchez

@nintendoboy16: You are going to use a strict dictionary definition that doesn't specifically not mention corporations in order to "prove me wrong". You and I both know that bigotry is about people, cultures and ideas. not companies. You dilute terms like these when you use them this loosely.

You are a corporate slave if you honestly think attacking a corporation like Nintendo offends you this much that it is an attack on your personal values. And that's incredibly sad.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DocSanchez

@Bread_or_Decide: I do enjoy things. Earlier, cheaper, and in better resolution than you.

LOL Switch has gone from a powerhouse that would get all the third party to a little miracle that gets a gen old ports for full price with little to no enhancements.Little Miracle. Oh god. Might as well bow out of system wars now with that one.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

For those who haven't played it much, I think a slightly improved over last-gen version which is also portable is fair enough for the price. From what I've read, the Switch is not as powerful as an Xbox One, so I was never expecting a lot technically.