Dark Souls III - better than Bloodborne?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#101 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

based on 8ish hours with DS3, it feels like a Souls game custom made for me. it takes the faster more aggressive enemies from Bloodborne and mixes them with the weapon variety and slower, more methodical combat I always liked in Dark Souls. I always used Shields and Polearms so the new Herald class is perfect. It has a nice difficulty curve so far, great level design and encounter design.

I also have some vague idea about the storyline and where I should be going which I haven't really experienced since Dark Souls 1. I mostly felt like I was just wandering around in DS2 and Bloodborne until I stumbled on the path of progression.

is it better than Bloodborne? too soon to say. That game started strong and faded for me to the point I never finished it (got ~2/3 of the way through). But the first 8 hours of Dark Souls 3 have been the most fun I've had with the series since DS1.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Thanks Donald Trump for not including chromatic aberration in this one. Its THE thing that killed BB visuals. What garbage effect.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

I love them both... hard to say.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I think bloodborne is better from what I've played so far. Also not a fan that Dark souls 2's unconnected areas have seemingly made a return. I know it's supposedly related to DKS1 with the returning NPC's, but this game right now just feels incredibly lazy. Almost as if Bloodborne was the main attraction and this was a side project using left over assets.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Definitely.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Bloodborne is better so far. Its first half at least. The atmosphere, the fast paced combat, the lore. It felt so unique.

Dark Souls III is more Dark Souls. I've had it with knights and zombies and Gothic architecture.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Haven't played dark souls III yet but it doesn't seem to match bloodborne's graphics.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#108 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

Kind of weird I must say going from DS2's buttery smooth 60fps to DS3's 30fps, take some adjusting but I'm getting use to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@commander said:

Haven't played dark souls III yet but it doesn't seem to match bloodborne's graphics.

Dark Souls 3 doesn't have a horrendous abuse of Chromatic aberration, which puts it leagues ahead of bloodborne in graphics.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's good. I'm stuck at Crystal Sage at the moment and it's the first time I actually consider doing some serious grinding, whereas in Bloodborne I had to resort to grinding pretty much from the start. I do kinda miss that gun though.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By commander

@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

I always play as a heavy armor dude in the souls games, so I never experienced the broken dodging in DSII. I mainly just block and manage stamina while waiting for an opening.

The issues in Bloodborne totally waste my time. They had a perfectly fine health system for years, so it's even more insulting that they managed to totally **** it up. It goes completely against the flow and core design of these games. Forcing people to grind if they're struggling on a boss is just fucking terrible. I wasted hours of my life farming bloodvials just to have a chance of progressing. Never had to waste my time like that in DSII, **** Bloodborne.

It also doesn't help that I find the environments drab, the NPCs boring, and feeling of accomplishment to be completely lacking. I mean, if we really want to be honest here. DSII and BB are hardly great games compared to the original Dark Souls. Both are shitty sequels, but at least DSII isn't a slog to get through.

Which still wouldn't make that or its idiotic hit detection less lame. Bloodborne adds unnecessary tedium, no disagreement, but that shit has been patched to be a non-issue. So the blood vial complaint is a bit dated sunshine.

The environments in Bloodborne have far more going on in terms of selling atmosphere and setting though, the moment to moment level design in Dark Souls 2 is quite poor. Both visually in terms of establishing a setting as it's completely disjointed unlike Dark Souls 1, and pure combat design as it's just fucking lazy about turning everything into tedious slogs of mobs between you and boss fights. All meant to sell the whole franchise mantra of "challenge", except Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne are fair, until they do gimmicky levels (which yes, historically suck sans an exception or two). Dark Souls 2's moment to moment level design is abysmal because it routinely relies on the "throw more dudes" to the point where you don't even pull people 1 v 1, the way you do in other souls games, you're just dealing with groups, in a game where the combat system isn't as well suited to groups.

And because of that when the previous 2 games use groups, they have an actual sense of pace and spike, Dark Souls 2? Nah, no rhythm. Bloodborne in contrast is better suited for dealing with mobs, because of the nature of that dodge.

Dark Souls 2 gets shat on, because you can't patch out the things wrong with Dark Souls 2, you feel on need to redo the entire philosophy behind how that game was made.

You aren't getting Dark Souls II. Yes, its more disjointed than its predecessor, however, it makes up for it by its environment being far more unique and its desolate open design plays to its advantage. The first Souls game was very cramped compared to the environments of the sequel. Hell, even the Gutter makes Blighttown feel cramped.

And no, DS2 is by far the most fair of the souls games, with DS3 being second. Why? Because it relies less on "gotcha" and more on more reasonable uses of the level design. It is the first game that has the gimmicks, especially the second half, and the third game brings back some of these annoyances (such as the swamp). The only true gimmicks I see in the sequel are the statues in the Gulch/Shulva path as well as the completely optional Shaded Woods ghost forest. And please, just "git gud". Groups of Tier 1's and 2's (if I tier Souls enemies 1-5 as ankle biters, troopers, elites, super elites, and bosses) are handled easily, which DS2 does throw at you. However, DS1's enemy design is uninspired when it comes to tier 1 and 2 enemies, and when it did make good use for them, they also attacked in groups, where they couldn't be baited into 1v1 situations. The combat system isn't supposed to be well suited for groups, and thats realistic. The key to combating groups is to kill each member as fast as possible or use the environment (for example, the gunpowder to take out the swordsman swarm in the Lost Bastille). But DS2 works because when there are group attacks, its Tier 1's and 2's, enemies that are killed in 1 or 2 hits, and if you pull multiple Tier 3's, you're dead.

And Dark Souls 1 has very little sense of pace and rhythm, especially second half areas. The sequel has far superior sense of pace and rythym, especially the DX11 version.

And the DX11 version of DS2 crushes DS1 when it comes to level design.

. Dark souls 2 is the reason why I didn't buy a playstation to play bloodborne. I am after all an xbot but dark souls 1 is one of the best games I have ever played. I started playing it at release and postponed skyrim for it. This while I'm a die hard bethesda fan.

Dark souls 1 is a masterpiece, pretty much every place has something magical and is a piece of art. The artwork of npc's, enemies, amor, weapons and level design is the best I've ever seen. The invasions is an original and great gameplay mechanic.

Dark soul II on the other hand felt bland boring and uninspired. The artwork that made dark souls 1 legendary was not to be found in dark souls II. The game felt like a rushed cash grab so I was very reluctant to play bloodborne. STill a couple of months ago I bought a playstation to try out the system and it just so happens that bloodborne was on a sale. it was not the reason why i bought the playstation though, after dark souls II I wasn't planning on playing a from software game again.

Bloodborne was a nice surprise, the quality artwork and level design that I missed in dark souls II was back, with current gen graphics. Still I do find the lore, armor and weapons in dark souls 1 more interesting. Bloodborne isn't much about loot and it relies on pace but I'm glad from software found their thunder back.

So dark souls III has defenitely caught my eye but I'm still in doubt. Some gameplay videos remind me of that bland ds2 feeling. Others don't and review scores can really not be trusted with these kind of games. Yeah ds2 got a 9/10 on this site, that is the same score as ds1 got, the user score on metacritic doesn't tell the same story though, with good reason imo. Ds 1 got only an 8 here, it's not the same reviewer but still I'm going to wait what user scores have to say and at this point in time it's too early to trust those as well.

MISTER_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 MISTER_Davis
Member since 2016 • 286 Posts

Whoever thinks ds3 is better than the best souls game ever is a lem or a herm. FACT

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@mister_davis said:

Whoever thinks ds3 is better than the best souls game ever is a lem or a herm. FACT

Good start OP. Let's keep the asshurt flowing.

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Bloodborne is better so far. Its first half at least. The atmosphere, the fast paced combat, the lore. It felt so unique.

Dark Souls III is more Dark Souls. I've had it with knights and zombies and Gothic architecture.

So... you've had it with Bloodborne?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#115 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14900 Posts

@commander said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

I always play as a heavy armor dude in the souls games, so I never experienced the broken dodging in DSII. I mainly just block and manage stamina while waiting for an opening.

The issues in Bloodborne totally waste my time. They had a perfectly fine health system for years, so it's even more insulting that they managed to totally **** it up. It goes completely against the flow and core design of these games. Forcing people to grind if they're struggling on a boss is just fucking terrible. I wasted hours of my life farming bloodvials just to have a chance of progressing. Never had to waste my time like that in DSII, **** Bloodborne.

It also doesn't help that I find the environments drab, the NPCs boring, and feeling of accomplishment to be completely lacking. I mean, if we really want to be honest here. DSII and BB are hardly great games compared to the original Dark Souls. Both are shitty sequels, but at least DSII isn't a slog to get through.

Which still wouldn't make that or its idiotic hit detection less lame. Bloodborne adds unnecessary tedium, no disagreement, but that shit has been patched to be a non-issue. So the blood vial complaint is a bit dated sunshine.

The environments in Bloodborne have far more going on in terms of selling atmosphere and setting though, the moment to moment level design in Dark Souls 2 is quite poor. Both visually in terms of establishing a setting as it's completely disjointed unlike Dark Souls 1, and pure combat design as it's just fucking lazy about turning everything into tedious slogs of mobs between you and boss fights. All meant to sell the whole franchise mantra of "challenge", except Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne are fair, until they do gimmicky levels (which yes, historically suck sans an exception or two). Dark Souls 2's moment to moment level design is abysmal because it routinely relies on the "throw more dudes" to the point where you don't even pull people 1 v 1, the way you do in other souls games, you're just dealing with groups, in a game where the combat system isn't as well suited to groups.

And because of that when the previous 2 games use groups, they have an actual sense of pace and spike, Dark Souls 2? Nah, no rhythm. Bloodborne in contrast is better suited for dealing with mobs, because of the nature of that dodge.

Dark Souls 2 gets shat on, because you can't patch out the things wrong with Dark Souls 2, you feel on need to redo the entire philosophy behind how that game was made.

You aren't getting Dark Souls II. Yes, its more disjointed than its predecessor, however, it makes up for it by its environment being far more unique and its desolate open design plays to its advantage. The first Souls game was very cramped compared to the environments of the sequel. Hell, even the Gutter makes Blighttown feel cramped.

And no, DS2 is by far the most fair of the souls games, with DS3 being second. Why? Because it relies less on "gotcha" and more on more reasonable uses of the level design. It is the first game that has the gimmicks, especially the second half, and the third game brings back some of these annoyances (such as the swamp). The only true gimmicks I see in the sequel are the statues in the Gulch/Shulva path as well as the completely optional Shaded Woods ghost forest. And please, just "git gud". Groups of Tier 1's and 2's (if I tier Souls enemies 1-5 as ankle biters, troopers, elites, super elites, and bosses) are handled easily, which DS2 does throw at you. However, DS1's enemy design is uninspired when it comes to tier 1 and 2 enemies, and when it did make good use for them, they also attacked in groups, where they couldn't be baited into 1v1 situations. The combat system isn't supposed to be well suited for groups, and thats realistic. The key to combating groups is to kill each member as fast as possible or use the environment (for example, the gunpowder to take out the swordsman swarm in the Lost Bastille). But DS2 works because when there are group attacks, its Tier 1's and 2's, enemies that are killed in 1 or 2 hits, and if you pull multiple Tier 3's, you're dead.

And Dark Souls 1 has very little sense of pace and rhythm, especially second half areas. The sequel has far superior sense of pace and rythym, especially the DX11 version.

. Dark souls 2 is the reason why I didn't buy a playstation to play bloodborne. I am after all an xbot but dark souls 1 is one of the best games I have ever played. I started playing it at release and postponed skyrim for it. This while I'm a die hard bethesda fan.

Dark souls 1 is a masterpiece, pretty much every place has something magical and is a piece of art. The artwork of npc's, enemies, amor, weapons and level design is the best I've ever seen. The invasions is an original and great gameplay mechanic.

Dark soul II on the other hand felt bland boring and uninspired. The artwork that made dark souls 1 legendary was not to be found in dark souls II. The game felt like a rushed cash grab so I was very reluctant to play bloodborne. STill a couple of months ago I bought a playstation to try out the system and it just so happens that bloodborne was on a sale. it was not the reason why i bought the playstation though, after dark souls II I wasn't planning on playing a from software game again.

Bloodborne was a nice surprise, the quality artwork and level design that I missed in dark souls II was back, with current gen graphics. Still I do find the lore, armor and weapons in dark souls 1 more interesting. Bloodborne isn't much about loot and it relies on pace but I'm glad from software found their thunder back.

So dark souls III has defenitely caught my eye but I'm still in doubt. Some gameplay videos remind me of that bland ds2 feeling. Others don't and review scores can really not be trusted with these kind of games. Yeah ds2 got a 9/10 on this site, that is the same score as ds1 got, the user score on metacritic doesn't tell the same story though, with good reason imo. Ds 1 got only an 8 here, it's not the same reviewer but still I'm going to wait what user scores have to say and at this point in time it's too early to trust those as well.

Why can't you accept that Dark Souls II was not trying to be like the first game? Basically the design team wanted to counterpoint the first game. And it works. Dark Souls II is more of a legitimate dark fantasy artstyle with a more dark fantasy narrative. Its more desolate and dreary, and spooky as well.

And gameplay wise, the level design for the first game is quite bad, easily the worst in the series. We get it, it all interconnects, but the actual stage design is highly erratic and far from consistent. And the second half is weak, once Orstein and Smough are killed, the game takes a dive in quality.

And sorry, its Demon Souls that brought the invasion mechanic, and a lot of things in the first Dark Souls are from Demon Souls.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@DressYouUp: Knights and Zombies in Bloodborne?

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DressYouUp

@Juub1990 said:

@DressYouUp: Knights and Zombies in Bloodborne?

May as well be.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Blood Borne only runs at 30FPS sadly while I can play Dark Souls 3 at 60FPS on PC so for me Dark Souls 3 is the better game as they seem to be similar type of games but Dark Souls 3 will be the more fluid controlling game. Hopefully Sony will release a remaster of blood borne on the PS4.5 that runs at 60FPS or patch in support if they could be so generous as to do so. Then blood borne can be played with the same level of fluid control that only 60FPS can offer vs 30FPS.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#119 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

@mister_davis said:

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Got proof to back up your statements?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

DARK SOULS 3 IS BEST GAME EVER

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By DressYouUp

@indzman said:

DARK SOULS 3 IS BEST GAME EVER

You didn't lie

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By commander

@texasgoldrush said:
@commander said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Why can't you accept that Dark Souls II was not trying to be like the first game? Basically the design team wanted to counterpoint the first game. And it works. Dark Souls II is more of a legitimate dark fantasy artstyle with a more dark fantasy narrative. Its more desolate and dreary, and spooky as well.

And gameplay wise, the level design for the first game is quite bad, easily the worst in the series. We get it, it all interconnects, but the actual stage design is highly erratic and far from consistent. And the second half is weak, once Orstein and Smough are killed, the game takes a dive in quality.

And sorry, its Demon Souls that brought the invasion mechanic, and a lot of things in the first Dark Souls are from Demon Souls.

Well i did mention in my first sentence that i was an xbot, so the invasion mechanic was pretty much new to me, and to anyone else that didn't have a ps3 last gen.

I can understand that dark souls II doesn't try to be like the first game but even then, the artwork doesn't seem from the same quality as the first game, it feels like a rushed game.

The bosses and levels in dark souls I look way more magical and they simply look better as well. I can understand dark souls II tried to be more spooky but the graphics feel washed out, the npc's , levels and bosses feel uninspired. Whatever they tried it didn't work, at least not for me and I think the user score on metacritic speaks for itself.

On the other hand I never played the dx11 version, but when looking at gameplay videos I don't see much difference.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#123 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not as good as Bloodborne, way the **** better than Dark Souls 2 though. Wouldn't put it over the other 3 games though. Too much of a greatest hits to really stack up favorably against Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By texasgoldrush

@commander said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@commander said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Well i did mention in my first sentence that i was an xbot, so the invasion mechanic was pretty much new to me, and to anyone else that didn't have a ps3 last gen.

I can understand that dark souls II doesn't try to be like the first game but even then, the artwork doesn't seem from the same quality as the first game, it feels like a rushed game.

The bosses and levels in dark souls I look way more magical and they simply look better as well. I can understand dark souls II tried to be more spooky but the graphics feel washed out, the npc's , levels and bosses feel uninspired. Whatever they tried it didn't work, at least not for me and I think the user score on metacritic speaks for itself.

On the other hand I never played the dx11 version, but when looking at gameplay videos I don't see much difference.

DS1 is actually the game that was rushed....that's why the second half of the game's level design is inconsistent.

DS2's artwork is excellent, especially the early areas and the late areas such as Dragon's Aerie. Also, the DLC. There is also more focus on outdoor environments than indoor environments.

I will give you that DS1 has better highlight bosses, but it has the series worst boss fights. The NPCs in DS2 are far better than the NPCs in DS1 and are better written too (see Aldia). Gameplay wise, the level design in DS2 is superior to DS1 (but DS3 wins here).

The problem is that DS1 has this nostalgia factor that has people ignore the games flaws. Its the worst game in the series.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 silversix_

I'm nowhere near far BUT this is how i'd rate all the souls game *for now*

Bloodborne (yes, i liked it that much)
Dark Souls 3
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls 1
Dark Souls 2

Most people that consider Dark Souls being the best Souls game were new to the series and that was their first experience. Demon's>Dark Souls 1.

Bloodborne 2 has an incredible potential. All they need to do is focus the whole game on the first half of BB, add the same variety of weapons/armors Dark Souls has, more stats to build your builds around and we have a 10/10 Souls like title. With the incredibly BB DLC, i have faith.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#126 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Glad to hear it, hope I'd think it's the best souls game.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I'm nowhere near far BUT this is how i'd rate all the souls game *for now*

Bloodborne (yes, i liked it that much)

Dark Souls 3

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls 1

Dark Souls 2

Most people that consider Dark Souls being the best Souls game were new to the series and that was their first experience. Demon's>Dark Souls 1.

Bloodborne 2 has an incredible potential. All they need to do is focus the whole game on the first half of BB, add the same variety of weapons/armors Dark Souls has, more stats to build your builds around and we have a 10/10 Souls like title. With the incredibly BB DLC, i have faith.

this is exactly how i feel so far. dark souls 3 is dark souls 1 with much more consistent level design and the crafting improvements and weapon diversity of dark souls 2. but bloodborne is on another dimension when it comes to atmosphere and boss/level design

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I was pretty quick to judge this game, it's alot better than I first gave it credit for but there's one thing that's driving me crazy and that's how fucking large a lot of the enemies in this game are.

The camera is hot fucking garbage. So many of my deaths are caused by shit happening off the screen or a hit I didn't see coming because the monsters arms are off the screen. Fighting the old demon king right now and it's absolute trash with the camera with how close you have to get to this sack of shit.

And there's no excuse for this shit Miyazaki. You already proved you can pan the camera back when you made me raise the banner, can't wait for a mod to fix this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#129  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

DS3 is best in the series imo.

Only thing where Bloodborne excels is aesthetics. It's the best looking of them all. I also liked BB's faster paced combat, but they transferred that well to DS3 too.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Can't be, it's not exclusive

This is how NeoGAF sees it.

And in case you forget, someone will remind you with a subtle Bloodborne vs Dark Souls 3 thread per day, possibly disguised as something a bit different. Just so all the fangirls can flood in and tell you how much better BB is.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 -Unreal-
@princeofshapeir said:

bloodborne is on another dimension when it comes to atmosphere and boss/level design

Can you explain or clarify? Give some examples. I've played both games. I quit BB though because I didn't like it (but I think the fucking dire frame rate and loading times of the console were a big part of that) and I've played DS3 for 53+ hours (according to Steam). From what I've seen of both they seem similar.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#132 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Only played about 7 hours of Dark souls 3, I really like it so far.

Dark souls 2 is my favourite of the series, I've tried dark souls but I'm too late to that party now, after the smooth combat of Dark souls 2, nice visauls and 60fps I just couldn't stick it dark souls, the frame rate was horrific I couldn't keep playing.

The awful frame rate is stopping me trying bloodbourne.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#133 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

nothing will ever beat DS1 for me(not even Demon's Souls which i also loved)

DS3 has failed to capture that magic of DS1.It relies on artificial and cheap difficulty as opposed to DS1 which took actual skill.

I loved Bloodborne for different reasons.(mainly aesthetics/design)

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 -Unreal-

@ShepardCommandr said:

Demon's Souls is overrated. Dark Souls is a much better game. It's surprising when you think about how it came right after it and how much it improved on it.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 indzman

@-Unreal- said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

Demon's Souls is overrated. Dark Souls is a much better game. It's surprising when you think about how it came right after it and how much it improved on it.

Dude, Demons Souls started it all , jesus. Half Life 2 was more bigger and improved upon Half life, that dosen't mean Half life failed in comparison to Half life 2. Starting entry is the most important game of the series.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 indzman

@ShepardCommandr said:

DS3 has failed to capture that magic of DS1.It relies on artificial and cheap difficulty as opposed to DS1 which took actual skill.

I loved Bloodborne for different reasons.(mainly aesthetics/design)

Shame you can't beat DS 3 :P

A word of advise:

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I really like how they are all different games, played them all when they came out

Demons Souls was brutally hard, hardest and most rewarding game I ever played. Figuring out a way to progress really felt awesome.

Dark Souls was a brilliant game world. True passion went into creating a believable world that seemed to have true wonder around every corner. It reminds me of Super Mario 3.

Dark Souls 2 had beautiful views and brutally difficult fights. No longer could you just hold a shield up, traps abound and enemies will try to sneak up on you.

Bloodborne; amazing world. Rivals DS1. The lovecraftian design and atmosphere were incredible. Everyone hates what happens after ROM but I thought it was genius. A brilliant game that plays on the psyche, mortality and the very nature of reality.

Dark Souls 3; the most dreary and dark of the series. The world is in absolute shambles, there's no real tranquility outside the firelink shrine. Corpses and bodies everywhere. It's a journey into some psychotic apocalyptic world that tries to make the player character feel outmatched. A fitting end to an aptly named series, will the fire be kindled or will it slowly fade into darkness...

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 -Unreal-

@indzman said:
@-Unreal- said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

Dude, Demons Souls started it all , jesus. Half Life 2 was more bigger and improved upon Half life, that dosen't mean Half life failed in comparison to Half life 2. Starting entry is the most important game of the series.

If you read my post you noticed the part which mentions how Dark Souls came after Demon's Souls. Which would make your reply puzzling if you claim you had read my entire post. Did you?

vladrusu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By vladrusu123
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@AtariKidX:it is.its my fav game in the history

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

.. I can't speak for Bloodbourne.. But Dark Souls 3 is a shit show currently.. The game is more of a action game than anything coming close to a rpg.. The mechanics have been absolutely butchered with things like poise becoming nonexistent, and heavy armor being all but worthless.. Magic overall is horrible except for a few notable spells in a sea of crap.. You then have From Software's ban policies banning innocent people all over the place.. This game would have been a solid first try in the series in getting the mechanics right.. I don't know what in the hell they were thinking with this being their 5th game.. It's like they were making a dark souls game and at the very end they decided they wanted Bloodbourne 2 and made large portions of the items and spells in the game worthless.. It's like they didn't play test this shit before releasing it.. The PVE heavily favors you to basically wear medium and light armor to spam roll on many enemies in the game.. Blocking is not feasible inless your using the heaviest tower shields.. Poise is nonexistent, and so is phyiscal defense meaning heavy armor and the wolf rings as absolutely worthless..

The pvp is basically filled with same build strategies all over again.. Either go quality or maybe a strength/dex build.. And you just roll around and attempt to poke the other player down.. Estoc spam happens all the time.. Spells for the most part are absolutely worthless due to the wind up, poor hitboxes and no poise meaning you will be interrupted instantly..

Than you have two spells and numerous weapons devoted to absolutely worthless auxiliary affects like poison.. This has basically killed build variety in both the pve and pvp environments.. I mean how is this crap seen as acceptable as good gameplay design in 2016? There are plenty of games on the market that are able to have diverse character builds in different playstyles..

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

#MakePoiseGreatAgain

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#142 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@DressYouUp said:

The game is amazing, and so much better than Bloodborne.

Anyone else agree?

Agreed.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Bloodborn is better, just like Demons is better than Dark. Lemmings won't agree of course, but their opinion is pretty much shit since they never get to play either. "I borrowed a PS4 to play Bloodborn and I say-" yeah yeah STFU noob. lol

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

na Bloodborne with the Old Hunters DLC is the best game From Soft has created

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

You'll notice how how all the people who like DS3 more than Bloodborne also think Demon Souls is overrated and are known Microsoft fanboys. Coincidence? I think not.

Bloodborne: 9.0

Demons Souls: 9.0+GOTY

Dark souls 3: 8.0

/thread

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 texasgoldrush

@sSubZerOo said:

.. I can't speak for Bloodbourne.. But Dark Souls 3 is a shit show currently.. The game is more of a action game than anything coming close to a rpg.. The mechanics have been absolutely butchered with things like poise becoming nonexistent, and heavy armor being all but worthless.. Magic overall is horrible except for a few notable spells in a sea of crap.. You then have From Software's ban policies banning innocent people all over the place.. This game would have been a solid first try in the series in getting the mechanics right.. I don't know what in the hell they were thinking with this being their 5th game.. It's like they were making a dark souls game and at the very end they decided they wanted Bloodbourne 2 and made large portions of the items and spells in the game worthless.. It's like they didn't play test this shit before releasing it.. The PVE heavily favors you to basically wear medium and light armor to spam roll on many enemies in the game.. Blocking is not feasible inless your using the heaviest tower shields.. Poise is nonexistent, and so is phyiscal defense meaning heavy armor and the wolf rings as absolutely worthless..

The pvp is basically filled with same build strategies all over again.. Either go quality or maybe a strength/dex build.. And you just roll around and attempt to poke the other player down.. Estoc spam happens all the time.. Spells for the most part are absolutely worthless due to the wind up, poor hitboxes and no poise meaning you will be interrupted instantly..

Than you have two spells and numerous weapons devoted to absolutely worthless auxiliary affects like poison.. This has basically killed build variety in both the pve and pvp environments.. I mean how is this crap seen as acceptable as good gameplay design in 2016? There are plenty of games on the market that are able to have diverse character builds in different playstyles..

The game balance is absolutely broken. THE best build, THE build, is basically medium armor, a long or dark sword, and a greatshield. Game is then on easy mode. Even Pontiff Dickface of the Church of Cheapness is much easier with a Black Iron Greatshield. If you are under 70% equip load, you can roll with the best of them.

Poise is completely broken, you can stagger Havel with a toothpick.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 silversix_

@Flubbbs said:

na Bloodborne with the Old Hunters DLC is the best game From Soft has created

Agreed with this. BB on its own is already on par with the best FROM has ever made. With the amazing DLC, its simply the best they've made.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

atleast pvp in ds3 is miles ahead of BB, too bad they screwed up the faction invasions somehow, they worked fine in ds2..

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#149 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Haven't played the game for a couple weeks but I think its ultimately my favorite of the Souls games (including BB). It was for me the most consistently enjoyable throughout. my GOTY so far by a good margin.

Bloodborne's first third was amazing but eventually the aesthetic wore off and the last third of the game was really not enjoyable for me. Dark Souls 1 was brilliant but it also had some pretty serious technical problems and some really shitty bosses.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#150 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If you're a robot, I can see why one would think Dark Souls 3 is better. But for those of us that remembered when the series had genuine surprises with the stuff done in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne? Nah, it's a class below them. It's way better than Dark Souls 2 though, but lots of games from a lesser year like 2014 were better than Dark Souls 2. People with bad taste like Dark Souls 2.