Damn ps3 keeps spitting out AAA titles at a fast rate!!!!

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersaiyen
Member since 2003 • 1012 Posts
Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts

fallout 3 no aaa for u. /sarcasm

fanboys ruin the day.

jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts

Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???supersaiyen

Not only end the trend but will sell more than R2/LBP combined.

BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???supersaiyen

:roll:You didn't see the Socom and Fallout 3 reviews did you?

freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts

really do we need this thread? GeOW2 will score AAA most everywhere unless for some reviewers are tired of playing a similar game ot the first one, still will be awesome and i will pick it up. The PS3 probably will only pick up one more AAAE this year, but overall a great year.

Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
omg its a super saiyen!
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

Gears of War 2 will stop the flop...You are right thought ps3 is getting a lot of AAA gamee..Imagine next year White Knight Story, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, God of War 3, and hopefully uncharted 2...

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xbox360isgr8t

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???stayhigh1

Gears of War 2 will stop the flop...You are right thought ps3 is getting a lot of AAA gamee..Imagine next year White Knight Story, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, God of War 3, and hopefully uncharted 2...

kz2 is a 9 at best. gow3 could be aaa. the rest i dont think so.

supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 supersaiyen

fanboys ruin the day.

xbox360isgr8t
Your right oops I forgot. lol
supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supersaiyen
omg its a super saiyen!Rigga911
Yeah your right and my power level is over 9000!!!!!
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???BudsMcGreen

I dont see much of a difference between both version of the games(fallout3) They scored it lower because no trophies and everytime ps3 get a message the screen blurs..no big problems..I refering to ign reviews..anyways seem like ps3 excllusive games is getting AAA score now..accept for socom but its still a good game to be playing..

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="stayhigh1"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???xbox360isgr8t

Yeah, damn KZ2 and it being a 9 at best, I only play games that are at least a 10 at best, if not 11.

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
sure i like all these great games but who has time for them all, and owning all 3 systems makes it even harder, im only getting one game for the 360 and thats banjo (which i really dont think/hope will flop) but the ps3 is draining me of money now. socom lbp, soon to be resistance. i dont have time for third party games anymore
BudsMcGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BudsMcGreen
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
[QUOTE="BudsMcGreen"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???stayhigh1

I dont see much of a difference between both version of the games(fallout3) They scored it lower because no trophies and everytime ps3 get a message the screen blurs..no big problems..I refering to ign reviews..anyways seem like ps3 excllusive games is getting AAA score now..accept for socom but its still a good game to be playing..

That and weaker graphics=big problem

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

June: Metal Gear Solid 4 (not actually a AAA)

October: LittleBigPlanet

It's like a blink of the eye. :roll:

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts
When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?
linufinu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 linufinu
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

Maybe Infamous will be in the AAA titles list

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It's only been 2 so far, let's not exaggerate. But the Lemmings of 2008 have become the Cows of 2007 and vice-versa.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
LBP... what else?
WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

[QUOTE="Rigga911"]omg its a super saiyen!supersaiyen
Yeah your right and my power level is over 9000!!!!!

What?! Over 9000 people have quoted this internet meme?!

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

It's about time. What took so long?

supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 supersaiyen
When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?stiltzsy
What according to gamespot score sorry but you fail. Everyone else scored it AAA.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.
supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supersaiyen
LBP... what else?BioShockOwnz
You know what else don't make me start looking aroundfanboy. Everyone in here knows your a super xboy know matter how many systems you own.
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stiltzsy

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?supersaiyen
What according to gamespot score sorry but you fail. Everyone else scored it AAA.

Looks at forum. Ok, I thought I may have been on IGN forums or something. In case you didn't know GS forums use GS ratings. Yeah it sucks, but it is what it is. Lems had to deal with a couple flops becasue of this and Cows have too.

supersaiyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 supersaiyen
PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.TheGrat1
Your right but what makes you think they are not gonna release a patch to fix the problems?
stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stiltzsy

PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.TheGrat1

Or if the PS3 wasn't so hard to dev for it would probably have several more AAA titles. Didn't Bethesda make Oblivion for the PS3? I don't remember cows claiming they sucked until today. I wonder why...

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheGrat1

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.stiltzsy

Or if the PS3 wasn't so hard to dev for it would probably have several more AAA titles. Didn't Bethesda make Oblivion for the PS3? I don't remember cows claiming they sucked until today. I wonder why...

Thats the thing. Why werent they able to code it properly? I have never liked bethesda and Fallout 3 aways looked lame to me, so I guess bethesda has always sucked to me. Thier inability to code the PS3 version equally just exposes their mediocrity as code writers.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheGrat1

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.supersaiyen
Your right but what makes you think they are not gonna release a patch to fix the problems?

That doesnt matter. Its still AA on the books here at gamespot.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.TheGrat1

Thats the thing. Why werent they able to code it properly? I have never liked bethesda and Fallout 3 aways looked lame to me, so I guess bethesda has always sucked to me. Thier inability to code the PS3 version equally just exposes their mediocrity as code writers.

Because they wanted to launch it before Christmas to pick up on holiday sales. EVeryone knows it takes a lot longer to code a PS3 game to the same standard as a 360 game. SOny does not make very good dev tools where as that's M$ speciality.

Here's an analogy. Take a finely tuned Porsche (call that a 360). Then take a Camero and place a ferrari engine in it without changing the transmission, suspension, steering mechanism, etc... Then try racing the two. EVen though the camero may be able to go faster in a straight line without having all the parts balanced with each other it doesnt' do laps very well. The PS3 has a lot of power, but it's hard to control.

PS3 multiplats during the holidays often suffer from the "it's good enough" syndrome to make the release date.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

fanboys ruin the day.

xbox360isgr8t

technically it's true :) this one won't count for AAA titles when comparing PS3 to 360 for cows.

WasntAvailable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WasntAvailable
Member since 2008 • 5605 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"][QUOTE="stiltzsy"]When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?stiltzsy

Looks at forum. Ok, I thought I may have been on IGN forums or something. In case you didn't know GS forums use GS ratings. Yeah it sucks, but it is what it is. Lems had to deal with a couple flops becasue of this and Cows have too.

Strange concept. A multiplatform system flop. Suppose it must have been the same for the Orange Box. I don't think it's worth that much bragging rights, I mean it is still a very small diffrence, a few technical flaws. Nothing to make it unplayable. I will probably end up getting Fallout on 360 though, despite my earlier intentions.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]LBP... what else?supersaiyen
You know what else don't make me start looking aroundfanboy. Everyone in here knows your a super xboy know matter how many systems you own.

You really dodged that question. Nice one. Now, would you like to answer it? What AAAE's does PS3 have on Gamespot thus far?

eisenhiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 eisenhiem
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???BudsMcGreen

I think he meant exclusive games.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts

Lionheart08

November:resitance 2.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xbox360isgr8t
[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"][QUOTE="stayhigh1"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???110million

Yeah, damn KZ2 and it being a 9 at best, I only play games that are at least a 10 at best, if not 11.

on gs i am thinking 9 at best.

but it doesnt have to try to hard to get a better score than the first one which it should with ease.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"][QUOTE="stiltzsy"]When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?WasntAvailable

Strange concept. A multiplatform system flop. Suppose it must have been the same for the Orange Box. I don't think it's worth that much bragging rights, I mean it is still a very small diffrence, a few technical flaws. Nothing to make it unplayable. I will probably end up getting Fallout on 360 though, despite my earlier intentions.

Yeah except for a few flaws NG2 is AAA and so is Fable 2. See you just can't dismiss it when it comes to discussing flops. BTW: NG2 is one of my favorite games this gen. I think the whole flop thing is silly, but it is what it is.

GabeNewellsPie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GabeNewellsPie
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

epic_pets

Theres no guarantee R2 will get AAA on GS.The original got AAA at IGN,and failed to get AAA on GS.History could repeat itself.

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 stiltzsy
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"][QUOTE="stayhigh1"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???xbox360isgr8t

but it doesnt have to try to hard to get a better score than the first one which it should with ease.

A game in dev this long and without changing platforms...this game should at least get a 9.5 if not a 10. Anything else and it won't live up to the hype and wait. Heck I could already be playing other 9.0 games on all systems. Gears will have released two games with one being a 9.6 and the 2nd yet to be known, but most likely at least a 9.0.

xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xbox360isgr8t
[QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="xbox360isgr8t"][QUOTE="stayhigh1"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???stiltzsy

A game in dev this long and without changing platforms...this game should at least get a 9.5 if not a 10. Anything else and it won't live up to the hype and wait. Heck I could already be playing other 9.0 games on all systems. Gears will have released two games with one being a 9.6 and the 2nd yet to be known, but most likely at least a 9.0.

i get what your saying but it doesnt mean its still gonna get a 9.5 or 10 just because its been in dev basically since the last one released.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???jharv

wow, you better becareful....someone might make a sig out of that. Reminds me of the guy who said Gears 2 will out sell R2 and MGS4 combined lol.......of course when MGS4 sold 3 million the first month you never heard that again.

If memory serves me right Gears 2 only sold between 5-6 million. Resistance 1 (a PS3 launch game at that) sold from what I understand around 3 million. You honestly think LBP and R2 can't outsell Gears 2.....you sure about that?

JunkTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JunkTrap
Member since 2006 • 2640 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="stiltzsy"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.stiltzsy

Because they wanted to launch it before Christmas to pick up on holiday sales. EVeryone knows it takes a lot longer to code a PS3 game to the same standard as a 360 game. SOny does not make very good dev tools where as that's M$ speciality.

Here's an analogy. Take a finely tuned Porsche (call that a 360). Then take a Camero and place a ferrari engine in it without changing the transmission, suspension, steering mechanism, etc... Then try racing the two. EVen though the camero may be able to go faster in a straight line without having all the parts balanced with each other it doesnt' do laps very well. The PS3 has a lot of power, but it's hard to control.

PS3 multiplats during the holidays often suffer from the "it's good enough" syndrome to make the release date.

Why do people always make analogies about consoles in comparison to cars like everyone understands car lingo? I think the two have very little in common. Also tell me what makes the PS3 so powerful? I still don't see any drastic differences between the two other than one having a blu-ray player; It hasn't even given the system that much of an advantage except for those who obviously watch movies.

papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
so its mgs 4 and lbp that scored 9-10. wow 2 games for the whole year so far. and anyhow, fable 2 is still AAA in my book and so it is on other sites. also viva pinata 2 got a solid 8.5. if i need to compare the whole 360 library to the ps3's, id still take xbox 360 anyday. you guys have waited 2 years now and you got what you want yoepdidoo, but the xbox 360 still has 19AAA games and ps3 13. yeah bla bla dont care bout exclusive or not, and all the AA games on xbox 360 also are very strong titles. its not the year of ps3 because games scored high scores from a review site, wich is still one dudes oppinion, its the year of both consoles, especially with all the blockbuster titles released for both at the moment.
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts

Lionheart08
Seriously, what is the TC talking about?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="jharv"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???darthogre

wow, you better becareful....someone might make a sig out of that. Reminds me of the guy who said Gears 2 will out sell R2 and MGS4 combined lol.......of course when MGS4 sold 3 million the first month you never heard that again.

If memory serves me right Gears 2 only sold between 5-6 million. Resistance 1 (a PS3 launch game at that) sold from what I understand around 3 million. You honestly think LBP and R2 can't outsell Gears 2.....you sure about that?

Yep, according to VGchartz GeOW has sold 5.27 million and Resistance has sold 3.19 million. And Resistance actually sold more in Europe than GeOW did even though it was a launch title. There is no way on earth Gears 2 can outsell R 2 and LBP combined.

Avatar image for Nerds_ReturnMK2
Nerds_ReturnMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nerds_ReturnMK2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="darthogre"][QUOTE="jharv"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???Floppy_Jim

Yep, according to VGchartz GeOW has sold 5.27 million and Resistance has sold 3.19 million. And Resistance actually sold more in Europe than GeOW did even though it was a launch title. There is no way on earth Gears 2 can outsell R 2 and LBP combined.

actually, there is :roll:

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="darthogre"][QUOTE="jharv"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???Nerds_ReturnMK2

actually, there is :roll:

Actually, there isn't. Discussion over.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 darthogre

actually, there is :roll:Nerds_ReturnMK2

Tell me how then......does MS plan to give them away? Resistance 1 (a lanuch title) can sell 3 million, no doubt it should get much better sales with 4 times the installed base. My guess is this sales somehwere in the range of 4-5 million easy.

Then there is Little Big Planet......it could sell 1-2 million and I don't see how GeOW sales more than 7 million (that is getting near Halo 3 sales which is CRAZY if you think you guys are going to see those kind of sales)

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

epic_pets

Even if R2 gets AAA here, that's still only 3 games over a 6 month span. Not so much a fast rate.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 darthogre
[QUOTE="epic_pets"][QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

Lionheart08

Even if R2 gets AAA here, that's still only 3 games over a 6 month span. Not so much a fast rate.

It's been over a year since X360 had a AAA.......having 3 in 6 months would be unreal if you ask me (speciall since PS3 had zero in 1.5 years lol)