Damn ps3 keeps spitting out AAA titles at a fast rate!!!!

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"][QUOTE="epic_pets"][QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

June: Metal Gear Solid 4 (not actually a AAA)

October: LittleBigPlanet

It's like a blink of the eye. :roll:

darthogre

November:resitance 2.

Even if R2 gets AAA here, that's still only 3 games over a 6 month span. Not so much a fast rate.

It's been over a year since X360 had a AAA.......having 3 in 6 months would be unreal if you ask me (speciall since PS3 had zero in 1.5 years lol)

I guess it's a fast rate for Sony this gen then. :P

stiltzsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 stiltzsy
Member since 2008 • 1486 Posts
[QUOTE="stiltzsy"][QUOTE="TheGrat1"][QUOTE="stiltzsy"]

[QUOTE="TheGrat1"]PS3 would have anither AAA right now if Bethesda was any good at coding.JunkTrap

Or if the PS3 wasn't so hard to dev for it would probably have several more AAA titles. Didn't Bethesda make Oblivion for the PS3? I don't remember cows claiming they sucked until today. I wonder why...

Thats the thing. Why werent they able to code it properly? I have never liked bethesda and Fallout 3 aways looked lame to me, so I guess bethesda has always sucked to me. Thier inability to code the PS3 version equally just exposes their mediocrity as code writers.

Because they wanted to launch it before Christmas to pick up on holiday sales. EVeryone knows it takes a lot longer to code a PS3 game to the same standard as a 360 game. SOny does not make very good dev tools where as that's M$ speciality.

Here's an analogy. Take a finely tuned Porsche (call that a 360). Then take a Camero and place a ferrari engine in it without changing the transmission, suspension, steering mechanism, etc... Then try racing the two. EVen though the camero may be able to go faster in a straight line without having all the parts balanced with each other it doesnt' do laps very well. The PS3 has a lot of power, but it's hard to control.

PS3 multiplats during the holidays often suffer from the "it's good enough" syndrome to make the release date.

Why do people always make analogies about consoles in comparison to cars like everyone understands car lingo? I think the two have very little in common. Also tell me what makes the PS3 so powerful? I still don't see any drastic differences between the two other than one having a blu-ray player; It hasn't even given the system that much of an advantage except for those who obviously watch movies.

Supposedly the cellis very powerful, but it can't get pass 70% optimization. Plus it's not exactly good for games, but great for folding@home. So yes cell is very powerful, just not great for games. Oh it's also great at decoding video/audio streams.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
[QUOTE="Lionheart08"][QUOTE="epic_pets"][QUOTE="Lionheart08"]

June: Metal Gear Solid 4 (not actually a AAA)

October: LittleBigPlanet

It's like a blink of the eye. :roll:

darthogre

November:resitance 2.

Even if R2 gets AAA here, that's still only 3 games over a 6 month span. Not so much a fast rate.

It's been over a year since X360 had a AAA.......having 3 in 6 months would be unreal if you ask me (speciall since PS3 had zero in 1.5 years lol)

The Wii had three in four months.
Avatar image for Nerds_ReturnMK2
Nerds_ReturnMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nerds_ReturnMK2
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerds_ReturnMK2"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="darthogre"][QUOTE="jharv"]

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???Floppy_Jim

Not only end the trend but will sell more than R2/LBP combined.

wow, you better becareful....someone might make a sig out of that. Reminds me of the guy who said Gears 2 will out sell R2 and MGS4 combined lol.......of course when MGS4 sold 3 million the first month you never heard that again.

If memory serves me right Gears 2 only sold between 5-6 million. Resistance 1 (a PS3 launch game at that) sold from what I understand around 3 million. You honestly think LBP and R2 can't outsell Gears 2.....you sure about that?

Yep, according to VGchartz GeOW has sold 5.27 million and Resistance has sold 3.19 million. And Resistance actually sold more in Europe than GeOW did even though it was a launch title. There is no way on earth Gears 2 can outsell R 2 and LBP combined.

actually, there is :roll:

Actually, there isn't. Discussion over.

actually there is. LBP sells 10mil, resistance sells 10mil, gears sells 21mil. or better yet, LBP sells 5mil, resistance sells 5mil gears sell 11mil. you see how its possible. just like its possible, for LBP to sell more then gears and resistance combined, and resistance to sell more then LBP and gears combined. there is a big difference between something thats not possible, and something that is unlikely.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

actually there is. LBP sells 10mil, resistance sells 10mil, gears sells 21mil. or better yet, LBP sells 5mil, resistance sells 5mil gears sell 11mil. you see how its possible. just like its possible, for LBP to sell more then gears and resistance combined, and resistance to sell more then LBP and gears combined. there is a big difference between something thats not possible, and something that is unlikely.

Nerds_ReturnMK2

OK, so I was being hyperbolic. But let's cut the crap, it's just not gonna happen. For the sake of argument, let's say GeOW 2 also sells 5.27 million and Resistance 2 also sells 3.19 million. With all the attention and hype LBP is getting, it's bound to sell that extra 2.08 million. At least. And Resistance 1 was a launch title, the sequel could potentially manage far bigger numbers with an install base that is 4-5 times bigger.

papi_lekker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 papi_lekker
Member since 2008 • 360 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerds_ReturnMK2"]

Floppy_Jim

OK, so I was being hyperbolic. But let's cut the crap, it's just not gonna happen. For the sake of argument, let's say GeOW 2 also sells 5.27 million and Resistance 2 also sells 3.19 million. With all the attention and hype LBP is getting, it's bound to sell that extra 2.08 million. At least. And Resistance 1 was a launch title, the sequel could potentially manage far bigger numbers with an install base that is 4-5 times bigger.

ressistance 1 sold so well because the ps3 didnt have any other AAA exclusives going for it for over 1.5 years. it was and i think still is the only exclusive AAA fps. gears 1 on the other hand might also grow twice in sales, just because its like the new halo for the xbox. its fanbase is already so established its easy for it so sell so much. i doubt that as many people that bought ressistance 1 will buy ressistance 2 than the people that bought gears 1
and will buy gears 2. but who gives a hoot, all amazing titles. no need to argue over anything
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

[QUOTE="supersaiyen"]Wow its insane and xbox just keeps spitting out flop after flop. Will gears of war 2 end the trend what do you think???jharv

Not only end the trend but will sell more than R2/LBP combined.

*chuckles to self*

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
All I see is LBP....
Erik_Lensherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Erik_Lensherr
Member since 2008 • 1340 Posts
Yah this is IGN not gamespot god how COWS change so fast, only gamespot, GS is biased GR, IGN. :roll: The only ones who received a AAA today were PC/360 owners yah F3.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="Nerds_ReturnMK2"]

papi_lekker

ressistance 1 sold so well because the ps3 didnt have any other AAA exclusives going for it for over 1.5 years. it was and i think still is the only exclusive AAA fps. gears 1 on the other hand might also grow twice in sales, just because its like the new halo for the xbox. its fanbase is already so established its easy for it so sell so much. i doubt that as many people that bought ressistance 1 will buy ressistance 2 than the people that bought gears 1
and will buy gears 2. but who gives a hoot, all amazing titles. no need to argue over anything

Resistance 1 sold well because it was widely recognized as a great game. And it wasn't even AAA, it's AA pretty much everywhere. R 2's improvements over the first game are just immense, I'd be shocked if it sold less. Gears 2 will probably sell more than Gears 1 and I'm sure R 2 will sell more than R 1. But as you said, they're all amazing games, no need to argue about anything :)

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

LBP... what else?BioShockOwnz

Resistance 2.

halo2mad12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 halo2mad12345
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?supersaiyen
What according to gamespot score sorry but you fail. Everyone else scored it AAA.

So according to your logic fable 2 is not a flob then seeing as it scored AAAA, AAA everywhere else apart from gamespot.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
Where are all these games TC is talking about?
Erik_Lensherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Erik_Lensherr
Member since 2008 • 1340 Posts
Apparantly 1 games counts as 10 :lol:
Oanenergy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Oanenergy
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

Nice it took the ps3 2 years to get 1 aaa title and an aaaa title

so i guess by the end of the ps3 life cycle it will have a grand whopping total of 4 aaae

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="stiltzsy"]When you say spitting out AAA titles, do you mean they take a AAA title chew it up and spit it out as an AA title (like Fallout 3)?supersaiyen
What according to gamespot score sorry but you fail. Everyone else scored it AAA.

sorry, only GS scores count in system wars.