Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8233 Posts

To some it up.

Design: Xbox (compact PC like design vs massive long boy design that does not perform as well)

UI: Xbox (quick resume vs hints)

Value: Xbox (gamepass vs $70 per game)

Next Gen Only game lineup: Xbox (Xbox has 9 games planned that are next gen only, Sony says horizon, gow, grand turismo will also be for ps4)

Controller: PlayStation (haptic vs more comfortable)

He suggests if you only can choose between the 2 go series X, enjoy the fruits of game pass, get PlayStation half way into the gen, when all the $70 exclusive games are $20 and binge.

Rational thought out comparison imo. Guy is clearly a fan of PlayStation.

I don't own either yet but leaning towards the series X.

I get that many would tell me not too because i already game on PC, but PlayStation 3rd person exclusives don't interest me much. Id rather go with the series X just for the cross progression with my PC. Not to mention the full BC to og xbox, yeah I like old games too)

Throw in also PS5's expandable storage looking like a complete after thought...

Id say MS is off to a good start.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

Ps5 expendable storage is a better solution then series x. It's already cheaper that xsx memory card and it will only get cheaper.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38874 Posts

I do agree on the fact that we know absolutely fuckall what's coming to our PS5. GoW2 will be massive and i can't wait. Horizon2 is a no thanks on my end, but people enjoy it so whatever. That's two games. Are two games the future of the PS5? I want to at least know what to expect for my console.

btw this guy called Returnal "kinda boring". I reported him on youtube.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:

I do agree on the fact that we know absolutely fuckall what's coming to our PS5. GoW2 will be massive and i can't wait. Horizon2 is a no thanks on my end, but people enjoy it so whatever. That's two games. Are two games the future of the PS5? I want to at least know what to expect for my console.

I have a ps4 and apparently gow2 is coming out on that. Agree with Horizon i did not like it either.

I haven't played returnable, watched some one play it, looks like a niche game, its about the challenge, rouge-like, and not letting you save the game is going to turn off people. But that kind of game is just not for everyone. You need to be into rouge likes, they aren't for everyone. Cool you like Returnal though, Do you think its worth $70?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sony has been so tight lipped that aside from H2, GoW2, and GT7, Sony has shown nothing more on their PS5 road map game-wise. Those games will be fun but MS actually has a proper road map lineup for XSeX. PS5 owners only have those three games and rumors; the new vaporware.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69525 Posts

If you prefer the PS5 over the Series, get a PS5.

If you prefer the Series over the PS5, get a Series.

These threads NEVER changes anyone's mind and is just fanboy fodder.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SargentD
@Telekill said:

Sony has been so tight lipped that aside from H2, GoW2, and GT7, Sony has shown nothing more on their PS5 road map game-wise. Those games will be fun but MS actually has a proper road map lineup for XSeX. PS5 owners only have those three games and rumors; the new vaporware.

and all 3 come out on PS4,

which I have already, why upgrade to ps5?

They making this to easy for me.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Wow, totally changed my mind here, I've always enjoyed what Sony offered with the ps consoles, but this trollish thread just 100% changed my way of thinking and I won't be getting a PS5.

Ok, I won't be getting a PS5 because I can't easily find one, junk threads like this are just that, junk threads.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

MS did a good job with this gen xbox. i would get myself one too if i didnt invest so much on my pc.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

I have a ps4 and apparently gow2 is coming out on that. Agree with Horizon i did not like it either.

I haven't played returnable, watched some one play it, looks like a niche game, its about the challenge, rouge-like, and not letting you save the game is going to turn off people. But that kind of game is just not for everyone. You need to be into rouge likes, they aren't for everyone. Cool you like Returnal though, Do you think its worth $70?

Of course Returnal is not for everyone. That's why it didn't do well. Prior to Returnal, i don't think i have ever beaten a single roguelike game, but if we see more of them that are as well done as Returnal, i'll play them all.

$70USD is $105CAD. The only games that will be worth this much are the linkes of GoW2. A game that isn't only guaranteed to be good, but also one that offers a lot of side content to be enjoyed. If Returnal was three times longer, it would absolutely be worth $70, but as is, there is simply not enough meat on the bone.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44569 Posts

But does it "feeeeel' next gen?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SargentD

@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Of course Returnal is not for everyone. That's why it didn't do well. Prior to Returnal, i don't think i have ever beaten a single roguelike game, but if we see more of them that are as well done as Returnal, i'll play them all.

$70USD is $105CAD. The only games that will be worth this much are the linkes of GoW2. A game that isn't only guaranteed to be good, but also one that offers a lot of side content to be enjoyed. If Returnal was three times longer, it would absolutely be worth $70, but as is, there is simply not enough meat on the bone.

Have you played Hades yet? if not I think you should try it you would probably like it

also Binding of Isaac if you haven't played that one yet, not as good graphics as , but fun as hell i put 100's of hours into Issac

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@sargentd: Correct. There's zero reason to upgrade to PS5 right now unless you want DS, Ret. or R&C.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Have you played Hades yet? if not I think you should try it you would probably like it

also Binding of Isaac if you haven't played that one yet, not as good graphics as , but fun as hell i put 100's of hours into Issac

I am getting Hades as soon as i am 100% done with Returnal. Not interested in Binding of Isaac, tho.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

PS5 is outselling XSX 2:1 worldwide. Your shilling isn't helping Microsoft sell consoles, TC.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD

@hardwenzen: man I'm telling you, don't sleep on Isaac. I like Hades alot but not as much as Issac with the Rebirth DLC. Imo it's the gold standard for that genre. So many powers. Don't let it's simple aesthetic stop you from trying it.

Definitely try Hades too tho it's great.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Why did you run from the avatar bet?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

What avatar bet?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

What avatar bet?

Why play dumb?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

What avatar bet?

Why play dumb?

The last thing i learned from you is that you're a mobile gamer. I have no idea wtf this avatar thing you're talking about.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zaryia
@hardwenzen said:

The last thing i learned from you is that you're a mobile gamer.

You replied to these posts in seconds but magically missed me asking you on a bet for making those false claims? Sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

You replied to these posts in seconds but magically missed me asking you on a bet for making those false claims? Sure.

After i learned you're a mobile gamer, i ignored your messages. And what makes you think that i won't respond to some bet proposals? What i'll say is that when you bet with someone, you expect something in return. You have nothing on offer, so go bet with a monkey. Nobody wants your 2016 Biden account.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

I preferred PS4 over Xbox One last gen. This gen I prefer Series X over PS5. My my how things can change in just a generation.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@shadyacshuns said:

I preferred PS4 over Xbox One last gen. This gen I prefer Series X over PS5. My my how things can change in just a generation.

Like seven god damn years isn't a lot of time.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

you're a mobile gamer

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:

you're a mobile gamer

What do i get if i win? Your avatar is worth less than Casey's. What else do you have outside of a Raid Shadow Legends account with 1.1k hours in it?

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@shadyacshuns said:

Like seven god damn years isn't a lot of time.

Some of these System Warriors are still arguing things from old gens as if they're relevant today, so...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zaryia
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

you're a mobile gamer

What do i get if i win? Your avatar is worth less than Casey's.

You don't know what an Avatar bet is, understandable for an unintelligent Cow.

If I win you have to pick the avatar I choose for you. If you win he opposite happens, you choose one for me. It can be anything.

You're not agreeing to it because you know I'm not a mobile gamer and the far right anti-vacc lunatic Vfighter spammed fake nonsense.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

you're a mobile gamer

What do i get if i win? Your avatar is worth less than Casey's.

You don't know what an Avatar bet is, understandable for an unintelligent Cow.

If I win you have to pick the avatar I choose for you. If you win he opposite happens, you choose one for me. It can be anything.

You're not agreeing to it because you know I'm not a mobile gamer and the far right anti-vacc lunatic Vfighter spammed fake nonsense.

No shit i have no idea what this is. Nerdy as crap i never heard of off. You always sounded like you're into RAID SHADOW LEGENDS tbh.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zaryia

@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

You always sounded like you're into RAID SHADOW LEGENDS tbh.

Never played it. Most I have played of mobile games are 10 minutes.

Glad you chickened out of this bet, you would have gotten rocked.

grandporcupine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 grandporcupine
Member since 2020 • 33 Posts

PS5 is still better than series X, imho. Just that, their new release was indeed a failure, I'm pretty sure you all will be glad to get the PS5 pro if ever they release one soon.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

Okay Raid Shadow Legends pro🤭

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zaryia
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

If you're so confident why not agree to the bet? Oh, because you know you're lying.

How about we just have a bet about the gaming chair I mentioned?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:

If you're so confident why not agree to the bet? Oh, because you know you're lying.

How about we just have a bet about the gaming chair I mentioned?

I don't want to bet with smelly mobile gamers. I wonder how many more "pc gamers" are nothing else but mobile gamers like you.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 VFighter

@hardwenzen: You know he's a hardcore mobile gamer because of how embarrassed he is at being caught 😂

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Ps5 got wrecked

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

Xbox Series had a slow start, but it was worth it for them now to get that solid future. The drought is pretty much over for Xbox and content is starting to flow better. They have a lot of studios that can leap frog with releases continually.

PS5 is kinda N64ing right now. A few big hits, drought, a few big hits, drought, rinse and repeat...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#38  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Both are awesome hardware and first parties wise. Both will have exclusives i would hate to miss. I think this will be a very balanced generation, which is awesome for this industry.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45130 Posts

@vfighter said:

Wow, totally changed my mind here, I've always enjoyed what Sony offered with the ps consoles, but this trollish thread just 100% changed my way of thinking and I won't be getting a PS5.

Ok, I won't be getting a PS5 because I can't easily find one, junk threads like this are just that, junk threads.

Ye, the obsession with Sony's success is really getting to Lem's heads.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

At the end of the day it's all about the games.

I couldn't play Ratchet and Clank, Returnal or Demon's Souls on my PS4.

I can play Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite on my Xbox One S this fall.

To me, there is no current value to spending $500 on an Xbox Series X.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zaryia

@vfighter said:

he's a hardcore mobile gamer

Avater bet?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Avater bet?

What with this avatar bet you're asking everyone? Nobody wants to bet with a mobile gamer.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia
@hardwenzen said:
@zaryia said:
@vfighter said:

Avater bet?

What with this avatar bet you're asking everyone? Nobody wants to bet with a mobile gamer.

I only do that when someone randomly makes a personal claim against me when we were discussing pieces of plastic and silicone.

I understand that not accepting means you both knew you were making up bullshit.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VFighter

@zaryia: If mobile gaming makes you this strange and rage filled, why not pursue some real gaming and see how that works out for you?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56130 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Xbox Series had a slow start, but it was worth it for them now to get that solid future. The drought is pretty much over for Xbox and content is starting to flow better. They have a lot of studios that can leap frog with releases continually.

PS5 is kinda N64ing right now. A few big hits, drought, a few big hits, drought, rinse and repeat...

Can't compare N64 to PS5. N64 was an awesome console, it had staller good games for it's time until PSX arrived and that all change from their. PS5 is hardly a drought if you only care about PS5 exclusives, plenty of other games on the 3rd-party side and Indie games to boot.

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Same for me with my PS4 and I don't see myself upgrading to PS5 anytime soon. Do I want a PS5 like right now? Of course I do but I'm in no rush to get it...just yet.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

Own both. I actually prefer the physical design and UI of the PS5 over the Series X. Gamepass is a beast and absolute amazing value, no dispute there. The only issue w/ that is it's a cost of $15 or $10/month in perpetuity if you didn't score early on with the GP deals.

That stated, Sony ought to open up about upcoming titles and developments w/ their services. I say ought, because they don't need to -- they have their base and most interested consumers on lock due to the strength of the brand alone.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zaryia

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: If mobile gaming makes you this strange and rage filled, why not pursue some real gaming and see how that works out for you?

Yawn, shitty troll.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 911 Posts

For me Playstation has always been the system you purchase near the end of its life and enjoy the single player games when you can get them super cheap.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

@davillain- said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Can't compare N64 to PS5. N64 was an awesome console, it had staller good games for it's time until PSX arrived and that all change from their. PS5 is hardly a drought if you only care about PS5 exclusives, plenty of other games on the 3rd-party side and Indie games to boot.

I was only remarking from the perspective of 1st party.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VFighter

@davillain-: The N64 had a few really good games, a lot of crap, and overall only like 230 games (or something like that). It wasn't that great of a console overall. It also came out after the PS1.