Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I’m sure Naughty Dog will convince me to pick up a PS5 at some point…

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

To some it up.

Design: Xbox (compact PC like design vs massive long boy design that does not perform as well)

UI: Xbox (quick resume vs hints)

Value: Xbox (gamepass vs $70 per game)

Next Gen Only game lineup: Xbox (Xbox has 9 games planned that are next gen only, Sony says horizon, gow, grand turismo will also be for ps4)

Controller: PlayStation (haptic vs more comfortable)

He suggests if you only can choose between the 2 go series X, enjoy the fruits of game pass, get PlayStation half way into the gen, when all the $70 exclusive games are $20 and binge.

Rational thought out comparison imo. Guy is clearly a fan of PlayStation.

I don't own either yet but leaning towards the series X.

I get that many would tell me not too because i already game on PC, but PlayStation 3rd person exclusives don't interest me much. Id rather go with the series X just for the cross progression with my PC. Not to mention the full BC to og xbox, yeah I like old games too)

Throw in also PS5's expandable storage looking like a complete after thought...

Id say MS is off to a good start.

Just for clarity... I'm assuming you know literally everything on Series X will be on PC (including Gamepass) so are you saying you just have a terrible disaster of a potato PC (in which case you're not really a PC gamer except 'maybe' technically) or are you saying you have a good PC and want to buy a Series X to play worse versions of the same games?

Some clarity is definitely needed here. I suppose I may as well be up front here and tell you that in my opinion anyone who claims to be a PC gamer and also claims they are 'thinking' of buying a Series X is almost definitely a liar.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8322 Posts

@blueinheaven:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X , Geforce RTX 2070 ,32 gigs of ram

that's what i got. I know PC is a better place to play than any consoles on a technical level.

But I also like to game on my couch. I've always liked having both. I got a 4k 65 inch currently with the ps4 and switch connected, but haven't upgraded my living room console yet to next gen.

I do really like game pass, I've been using it on PC and I'm a fan. I like the idea of carrying my progression between my pc and living room. married and cant just hog the TV all the time for when i want to game.

i grew up on PC first, first game I ever played in my life was mech warrior 2 on my dads when i was like 5.

But I played consoles alot too tho, NES, Saturn, N64, game boy, ps2, DS, xbox, gamecube, 360, wii

Had my own pc to play DoD, Quake, CS1.6, when i was like 12, also used to go to my local lan center for all nighters and comps.

A whole lot of supreme commander, UT2004, TF2, CS, WOW, and Day of Defeat. good times

Another thing tho, I did have a lot of games for 360 during that gen and still have them. Series X supports most of them which I find pretty awesome. I skipped ps3 that gen but went Ps4 this past gen, thinking series x this gen. Spiderman, persona 5, ratchet and clank were highlights for me w/ ps4, didn't care for anything else 1st party wise. Id take Halo over all 3 of those tbh, I'm not going to replay them any time soon, much other stuff out there to try. Maybe im just getting older and the idea of cross progression and cross saves with PC to the TV is the reason im hype about series X.

If you think about it, of MS, Sony, and Ninty... MS is the most PC friendly, the eco systems are literally blended together.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 blueinheaven

@sargentd said:

@blueinheaven:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X , Geforce RTX 2070 ,32 gigs of ram

that's what i got. I know PC is a better place to play than any consoles on a technical level.

But I also like to game on my couch. I've always liked having both. I got a 4k 65 inch currently with the ps4 and switch connected, but haven't upgraded my living room console yet to next gen.

I do really like game pass, I've been using it on PC and I'm a fan. I like the idea of carrying my progression between my pc and living room. married and cant just hog the TV all the time for when i want to game.

i grew up on PC first, first game I ever played in my life was mech warrior 2 on my dads when i was like 5.

But I played consoles alot too tho, NES, Saturn, N64, game boy, ps2, DS, xbox, gamecube, 360, wii

Had my own pc to play DoD, Quake, CS1.6, when i was like 12, also used to go to my local lan center for all nighters and comps.

A whole lot of supreme commander, UT2004, TF2, CS, WOW, and Day of Defeat. good times

Another thing tho, I did have a lot of games for 360 during that gen and still have them. Series X supports most of them which I find pretty awesome. I skipped ps3 that gen but went Ps4 this past gen, thinking series x this gen. Spiderman, persona 5, ratchet and clank were highlights for me w/ ps4, didn't care for anything else 1st party wise. Id take Halo over all 3 of those tbh, I'm not going to replay them any time soon, much other stuff out there to try. Maybe im just getting older and the idea of cross progression and cross saves with PC to the TV is the reason im hype about series X.

If you think about it, of MS, Sony, and Ninty... MS is the most PC friendly, the eco systems are literally blended together.

Fair enough but you're still going to be playing the same games on Series X that you can already play on PC and that PC would be fine at 1440p on your TV if you're okay with moving it around. Personally I'd get a PS5 if I already had a PC but having said that I haven't touched my own PS5 since I finished Demon Souls remaster, I'm PC pretty much exclusively now.

Whatever works for you obviously, but you're getting a Series X basically as a second PC, not too far off in spec from the one you have too lol. I hope you get sorted out satisfactorily one way or the other.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8280 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Just for clarity... I'm assuming you know literally everything on Series X will be on PC (including Gamepass) so are you saying you just have a terrible disaster of a potato PC (in which case you're not really a PC gamer except 'maybe' technically) or are you saying you have a good PC and want to buy a Series X to play worse versions of the same games?

Some clarity is definitely needed here. I suppose I may as well be up front here and tell you that in my opinion anyone who claims to be a PC gamer and also claims they are 'thinking' of buying a Series X is almost definitely a liar.

Some people enjoy having a seamless ecosystem..

it's the reason why Apple fans have an iPhone, an iPad, a Mac computer, Apple airpods, and an Apple Watch all tied together with one Apple account.. according to your logic, since there are other apps and features available on different devices, that person should have an Android phone, an iPad, a Windows PC, Bose headphones, and a Fitbit.. 🤷‍♂️

both of those ideals are viable depending on your personal priorities and tastes..

so someone who wants to seamlessly carry his progress across his PC and his console via Game Pass with cross-buy, cross-saves, cross-progression, cross-play, and etc doesn't make him a "liar".. it actually makes logical sense and arguably makes even more sense than buying a PS5 solely for the 1 or 2 exclusive games it'll get a year that aren't on PC (and will probably come to PC down the line)..

From what he's describing, his Xbox Series X will likely get more usage in conjunction with his PC than a PS5 will just sitting there collecting dust until Horizon: Forbidden West or God of War 2 releases..

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

Some people enjoy having a seamless ecosystem..

it's the reason why Apple fans have an iPhone, an iPad, a Mac computer, Apple airpods, and an Apple Watch all tied together with one Apple account.. according to your logic, since there are other apps and features available on different devices, that person should have an Android phone, an iPad, a Windows PC, Bose headphones, and a Fitbit.. 🤷‍♂️

both of those ideals are viable depending on your personal priorities and tastes..

so someone who wants to seamlessly carry his progress across his PC and his console via Game Pass with cross-buy, cross-saves, cross-progression, cross-play, and etc doesn't make him a "liar".. it actually makes logical sense and arguably makes even more sense than buying a PS5 solely for the 1 or 2 exclusive games it'll get a year that aren't on PC (and will probably come to PC down the line)..

From what he's describing, his Xbox Series X will likely get more usage in conjunction with his PC than a PS5 will just sitting there collecting dust until Horizon: Forbidden West or God of War 2 releases..

You obviously didn't read his post. From the way he describes it, his PC and console are in different places. The console is connected to the TV (currently a PS4) and his PC is not.

The TV is obviously used by his family too. Regardless, a PS5 will get 'exactly' as much use as the Series X would as it's the TV gaming system he uses when not on PC. With a PS5 he will have access to games he won't get on Series X. He already has everything on Series X on PC.

I originally thought it sounded weird running a PC in conjunction with a Series X. but they're in two different places and one will connect to a TV so it makes a bit more sense though a PC and PS5 combo would make more sense to me but of course it's up to him what he feels most comfortable with.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

You obviously didn't read his post. From the way he describes it, his PC and console are in different places. The console is connected to the TV (currently a PS4) and his PC is not.

The TV is obviously used by his family too. Regardless, a PS5 will get 'exactly' as much use as the Series X would as it's the TV gaming system he uses when not on PC. With a PS5 he will have access to games he won't get on Series X. He already has everything on Series X on PC.

I originally thought it sounded weird running a PC in conjunction with a Series X. but they're in two different places and one will connect to a TV so it makes a bit more sense though a PC and PS5 combo would make more sense to me but of course it's up to him what he feels most comfortable with.

i definitely read his post and didn't need the clarification that you seemed to need.. 🤷‍♂️

Having a PC and console in two different places isn't uncommon, as well as having a TV that is occasionally occupied by other people in the household..

and no, according to his scenario, the PS5 would not get "exactly" the same amount of usage.. it sounds like he plays games on PC primarily but enjoys playing from the couch when the TV is available.. if he's currently playing something like Psychonauts 2 or another Game Pass title with cross-progession, he can continue his game seamlessly on his Series X once the TV is available.. if he only had a PS5, he'd have no option but to continue playing from his PC if he wanted to continue progressing in the game.. so, in effect, his PC and console are working together in conjunction and thereby creating more usage cases..

with the PS5, he'll only be using it to play the occasional Sony exclusive which could be once a year (more or less) depending on what's available and even then, that's only when the TV is free.. other than that, the PS5 is collecting dust.. if that combination sounds better for you, great.. but there is clearly a usage case for a PC and Xbox Series combo as well..

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2956 Posts

"He suggests if you only can choose between the 2 go series X, enjoy the fruits of game pass, get PlayStation half way into the gen, when all the $70 exclusive games are $20 and binge."

That sounds exactly like my strategy. And in three years or so the PS5 is hopefully available in a more appealing, smaller design.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

I do agree on the fact that we know absolutely fuckall what's coming to our PS5. GoW2 will be massive and i can't wait. Horizon2 is a no thanks on my end, but people enjoy it so whatever. That's two games. Are two games the future of the PS5? I want to at least know what to expect for my console.

btw this guy called Returnal "kinda boring". I reported him on youtube.

I have a ps4 and apparently gow2 is coming out on that. Agree with Horizon i did not like it either.

I haven't played returnable, watched some one play it, looks like a niche game, its about the challenge, rouge-like, and not letting you save the game is going to turn off people. But that kind of game is just not for everyone. You need to be into rouge likes, they aren't for everyone. Cool you like Returnal though, Do you think its worth $70?

I've barely played Returnal, but have really enjoyed it when I've put it in. I think it's worth $70. but at my point in my job, marriage, etc, I just can't deal with that broken ass save system. Even the souls games you could save almost whenever, and not worry about losing a bunch of progress because of a power hit, etc.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

i definitely read his post and didn't need the clarification that you seemed to need.. 🤷‍♂️

Having a PC and console in two different places isn't uncommon, as well as having a TV that is occasionally occupied by other people in the household..

and no, according to his scenario, the PS5 would not get "exactly" the same amount of usage.. it sounds like he plays games on PC primarily but enjoys playing from the couch when the TV is available.. if he's currently playing something like Psychonauts 2 or another Game Pass title with cross-progession, he can continue his game seamlessly on his Series X once the TV is available.. if he only had a PS5, he'd have no option but to continue playing from his PC if he wanted to continue progressing in the game.. so, in effect, his PC and console are working together in conjunction and thereby creating more usage cases..

with the PS5, he'll only be using it to play the occasional Sony exclusive which could be once a year (more or less) depending on what's available and even then, that's only when the TV is free.. other than that, the PS5 is collecting dust.. if that combination sounds better for you, great.. but there is clearly a usage case for a PC and Xbox Series combo as well..

So now you're deciding on his behalf where he spends most of his gaming time just to suit your agenda lol, desperate much? Then you go on to repeat exactly what I said in my last post i.e. PC and console seperate which explained his situation to me at this point you seem to be just rambling aimlessly trying to gather your thoughts while you type.

Where did this thing come from that you can only play exclusives on PS5? I didn't know they built in a block that stops you playing multiplats that's a hell of an anti-consumer move from evil Sony no wonder you hate them.

A PC and Series X combo is viable in very select scenarios like I already said, you're repeating my comments again please have a thought or two of your own just to make the conversation more interesting. For the vast majority of people PC and PS5 combo will make more sense not just for future exclusives but also the back catalogue most of which will never come to PC.

Ultimately like I said it's up to him what he plays on he can have two Series X and play exactly the same game for a year if he wants it makes no odds to me I'm just giving a viewpoint from the perspective of the average gamer. I can do that since I have no affinity to any piece of hardware. You can't, as your entire opinion appears to be formed from the perspective of a rabid MS fanboy.

Maybe you don't even know you're doing it. You should read your posts back before replying it might be a bit of an eye opener for you.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SargentD

@blueinheaven: hey, both of you guys are right.

I like the idea of a more tight ecosystem going from one space to another. Desk to couch.

I do play multiplats on my PS4 honestly more than exclusives, as I said only really like Persona5, spiderman, and ratchet as far as exclusives.

The idea of carrying my progression from my tv to my PC is cool. I would love it if Sony did the same thing. I do play more on the PC than TV currently.

The same reason I like the idea of series x connected to my PC progress is similar to steam deck. Think about it, the whole benefit of steam deck is being able to take your steam game library somewhere else. Its the same concept.

And yeah most all the games on Series X is also on PC. (MS has been putting all their 1st party on PC) But I like that for the cross progression. Sony should do the same thing. Its smart. Not to mentional most MS exclusives have more MP where I want cross progression the most. Carrying my progress from halo and Forza from the desk to the couch is clutch asf.

Imo the couple Sony exclusives I might get into aren't worth being locked out of my PC with no cross progression on multiplats.

Gamepass makes up for the couple of Sony exclusives I might miss out on tbh.

I'm probably going series X first but I might get a PS5 later after a revision or alot more games come out for it I want to play. As of now only rift apart and astro bot interests me.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SargentD

@clone01: from what I heard it takes at least an 8 hour run straight to complete? I bet alot of people just keep the damn console running when they got shit to do. I could see myself being frustrated by that.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blueinheaven

@sargentd said:

@blueinheaven: hey, both of you guys are right.

I like the idea of a more tight ecosystem going from one space to another. Desk to couch.

I do play multiplats on my PS4 honestly more than exclusives, as I said only really like Persona5, spiderman, and ratchet as far as exclusives.

The idea of carrying my progression from my tv to my PC is cool. I would love it if Sony did the same thing. I do play more on the PC than TV currently.

The same reason I like the idea of series x connected to my PC progress is similar to steam deck. Think about it, the whole benefit of steam deck is being able to take your steam game library somewhere else. Its the same concept.

And yeah most all the games on Series X is also on PC. (MS has been putting all their 1st party on PC) But I like that for the cross progression. Sony should do the same thing. Its smart. Not to mentional most MS exclusives have more MP where I want cross progression the most. Carrying my progress from halo and Forza from the desk to the couch is clutch asf.

Imo the couple Sony exclusives I might get into aren't worth being locked out of my PC with no cross progression on multiplats.

Gamepass makes up for the couple of Sony exclusives I might miss out on tbh.

I'm probably going series X first but I might get a PS5 later after a revision or alot more games come out for it I want to play. As of now only rift apart and astro bot interests me.

Cool, sounds like a plan, enjoy your gaming. I have to admit if I didn't have a PC and could only have one console it would be Series X just for Gamepass. You've still got your PS4 if you get the urge to play any of the old exclusives, it will probably play a lot of the new ones too.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

So now you're deciding on his behalf where he spends most of his gaming time just to suit your agenda lol, desperate much? Then you go on to repeat exactly what I said in my last post i.e. PC and console seperate which explained his situation to me at this point you seem to be just rambling aimlessly trying to gather your thoughts while you type.

Where did this thing come from that you can only play exclusives on PS5? I didn't know they built in a block that stops you playing multiplats that's a hell of an anti-consumer move from evil Sony no wonder you hate them.

A PC and Series X combo is viable in very select scenarios like I already said, you're repeating my comments again please have a thought or two of your own just to make the conversation more interesting. For the vast majority of people PC and PS5 combo will make more sense not just for future exclusives but also the back catalogue most of which will never come to PC.

Ultimately like I said it's up to him what he plays on he can have two Series X and play exactly the same game for a year if he wants it makes no odds to me I'm just giving a viewpoint from the perspective of the average gamer. I can do that since I have no affinity to any piece of hardware. You can't, as your entire opinion appears to be formed from the perspective of a rabid MS fanboy.

Maybe you don't even know you're doing it. You should read your posts back before replying it might be a bit of an eye opener for you.

I'm not deciding anything on his behalf, I'm just using simple reading comprehension while you started off the conversation implying he's a "liar" simply because he'd prefer to get a Xbox Series X along with his PC instead of a PS5.. Ultimately, it just sounds like you're just parading your personal opinion as fact.. as usual..

I didn't even suggest you were incorrect, I simply said that the PC and Xbox Series X is also a viable combo and you seem to take that as some sort of personal insult while claiming you "have no affinity to any piece of hardware".. the most I said was that under the scenario he's illustrating the Xbox Series X would get used more than a PS5 (which is true) and that ideal seems to really ruffle your panties..

As far as your comment about exclusives, if you have both a gaming PC and a PS5, why would you want to play the "inferior" versions of multiplats on the console rather than your PC?.. the only reason to have the PS5 is for the exclusives which (logically) only makes the device relevant once or twice a year.. Also, while you claim "every game" on the Xbox Series X is available on the PC, you seem to forget all the b/c 360 and og Xbox games that aren't available there.. something he specifically mentioned as a benefit of the Xbox Series console..

bottlomline: the benefits of having Game Pass Ultimate and being able to access those games from multiple devices in your home with cross-progression may indeed trump the appeal of getting a PS5 just for the exclusives.. if you agree, great.. if you don't, great.. but this is ultimately all I'm saying yet here you are calling me a "fanboy" (your default response for anything it seems)..

I mean, the fact that you went so far as to say I "hate Sony" is laughable.. please quote anytime in recent memory that I've bashed Sony or PlayStation.. we'll wait.. just because I'm a fan of Xbox doesn't mean I'm some "rabid MS fanboy".. the fact that you can't make a distinction between the two explains a lot when it comes to reading the way you post here.. that's the real "eye opener"..

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7259 Posts
@sargentd said:
@Telekill said:

Sony has been so tight lipped that aside from H2, GoW2, and GT7, Sony has shown nothing more on their PS5 road map game-wise. Those games will be fun but MS actually has a proper road map lineup for XSeX. PS5 owners only have those three games and rumors; the new vaporware.

and all 3 come out on PS4,

which I have already, why upgrade to ps5?

They making this to easy for me.

why do you up grade? why get a series x then when most of them will be on xbox one? why upgrade your pc to play the same game?

to play the best version of the game. the ps5 controller alone makes it worth upgrading.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

I'm not deciding anything on his behalf, I'm just using simple reading comprehension while you started off the conversation implying he's a "liar" simply because he'd prefer to get a Xbox Series X along with his PC instead of a PS5.. Ultimately, it just sounds like you're just parading your personal opinion as fact.. as usual..

I didn't even suggest you were incorrect, I simply said that the PC and Xbox Series X is also a viable combo and you seem to take that as some sort of personal insult while claiming you "have no affinity to any piece of hardware".. the most I said was that under the scenario he's illustrating the Xbox Series X would get used more than a PS5 (which is true) and that ideal seems to really ruffle your panties..

As far as your comment about exclusives, if you have both a gaming PC and a PS5, why would you want to play the "inferior" versions of multiplats on the console rather than your PC?.. the only reason to have the PS5 is for the exclusives which (logically) only makes the device relevant once or twice a year.. Also, while you claim "every game" on the Xbox Series X is available on the PC, you seem to forget all the b/c 360 and og Xbox games that aren't available there.. something he specifically mentioned as a benefit of the Xbox Series console..

bottlomline: the benefits of having Game Pass Ultimate and being able to access those games from multiple devices in your home with cross-progression may indeed trump the appeal of getting a PS5 just for the exclusives.. if you agree, great.. if you don't, great.. but this is ultimately all I'm saying yet here you are calling me a "fanboy" (your default response for anything it seems)..

I mean, the fact that you went so far as to say I "hate Sony" is laughable.. please quote anytime in recent memory that I've bashed Sony or PlayStation.. we'll wait.. just because I'm a fan of Xbox doesn't mean I'm some "rabid MS fanboy".. the fact that you can't make a distinction between the two explains a lot when it comes to reading the way you post here.. that's the real "eye opener"..

I'm not sure why you're struggling with this. If you have a PC and a console in the same space it makes more sense to play the better version of multiplats on PC that was my point. As his PC and console gaming experiences are seperate he would want to play multiplats on his PS5 when he feels like playing on his couch and his big TV, he said himself he mostly plays multiplats. You seem to be skimming these posts and then replying instead of actually reading them which doesn't exactly demonstrate 'simple reading comprehension' by any stretch.

Where did I say I feel insulted that he sees PC and Series X as a viable combo? Putting words in my mouth now instead of just reading what I said? The simple fact of the matter is if you have a PC you just don't need a Series X his scenario where he games in seperate spaces is actually quite rare if you were being honest which let's face it isn't going to happen judging from your comments thus far.

He explained his situation and I accepted it there is no problem between me and him you are the one who has his panties in a twist on his behalf which I find to be quite bizarre. It's obvious what the problem is here. You describe yourself as 'a fan of xbox' which actually by definition makes you a fanboy I am not a 'fan' of any piece of hardware I go wherever the games I want to play takes me.

I already said above if I was confined to console I would choose Series X just to have access to Gamepass (and to make sure I could play the next Elder Scrolls game day one when it arrives) but as a PC owner who wants access to all the best games a PC and PS5 combo is simply the best choice over playing exactly the same games on PC and Series X and that is the combo most people would choose no matter how much it upsets your fanboy agenda but if the TC decides Series X works best for him I am fine with that.

You are the only one with a problem here.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Cows' crutch is coming back to bite them in the ass, with nuSony now putting their exclusives on PC.

The whole argument is total bullshit anyways, with console gamers preferring... CONSOLES! to pee salty seas.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

@sargentd said:
Loading Video...

To some it up.

Design: Xbox (compact PC like design vs massive long boy design that does not perform as well)

UI: Xbox (quick resume vs hints)

Value: Xbox (gamepass vs $70 per game)

Next Gen Only game lineup: Xbox (Xbox has 9 games planned that are next gen only, Sony says horizon, gow, grand turismo will also be for ps4)

Controller: PlayStation (haptic vs more comfortable)

He suggests if you only can choose between the 2 go series X, enjoy the fruits of game pass, get PlayStation half way into the gen, when all the $70 exclusive games are $20 and binge.

Rational thought out comparison imo. Guy is clearly a fan of PlayStation.

I don't own either yet but leaning towards the series X.

I get that many would tell me not too because i already game on PC, but PlayStation 3rd person exclusives don't interest me much. Id rather go with the series X just for the cross progression with my PC. Not to mention the full BC to og xbox, yeah I like old games too)

Throw in also PS5's expandable storage looking like a complete after thought...

Id say MS is off to a good start.

its been a bad week for cows, they keep getting embarrased constantly, now even their prime game developers are buying xbox to play halo.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

I'm not sure why you're struggling with this. If you have a PC and a console in the same space it makes more sense to play the better version of multiplats on PC that was my point. As his PC and console gaming experiences are seperate he would want to play multiplats on his PS5 when he feels like playing on his couch and his big TV, he said himself he mostly plays multiplats. You seem to be skimming these posts and then replying instead of actually reading them which doesn't exactly demonstrate 'simple reading comprehension' by any stretch.

Where did I say I feel insulted that he sees PC and Series X as a viable combo? Putting words in my mouth now instead of just reading what I said? The simple fact of the matter is if you have a PC you just don't need a Series X his scenario where he games in seperate spaces is actually quite rare if you were being honest which let's face it isn't going to happen judging from your comments thus far.

He explained his situation and I accepted it there is no problem between me and him you are the one who has his panties in a twist on his behalf which I find to be quite bizarre. It's obvious what the problem is here. You describe yourself as 'a fan of xbox' which actually by definition makes you a fanboy I am not a 'fan' of any piece of hardware I go wherever the games I want to play takes me.

I already said above if I was confined to console I would choose Series X just to have access to Gamepass (and to make sure I could play the next Elder Scrolls game day one when it arrives) but as a PC owner who wants access to all the best games a PC and PS5 combo is simply the best choice over playing exactly the same games on PC and Series X and that is the combo most people would choose no matter how much it upsets your fanboy agenda but if the TC decides Series X works best for him I am fine with that.

I'm not skimming anything.. i'm using simple logic.. If you have a PC and PS5, there is no cross-buy.. unless you are going to pay for a game twice, you're likely going to buy that multiplat for the PC.. But in the case of the PC and Series X, he has Game Pass Ultimate.. meaning he has access to hundreds of games across both devices for one price.. and many of those games have cross-progression.. so, in effect, he's buying a game once and can freely play it on both devices.. for the PS5, why would you buy a multiplat there when you have a superior gaming rig?.. you'd literally have to decide to buy the inferior version for full-price.. but with PC/Series X combo and Game Pass Ultimate, he doesn't have to decide.. he gets both copies regardless.. it seems you're the one with the reading comprehension problem here..

You basically called him a "liar" in your first response, dude; simply for even implying that anything other than a PC/PS5 combo is viable.. and I've illustrated again why this combo works due to Game Pass Ultimate, cross-buy, and cross-progression.. many people enjoy the fact that they can start a Netflix movie or YouTube video from one device and pick up where they left off on another device.. this isn't a "rare scenario", it's the norm.. being able to start a video game from your PC, continue it on your console, and play it a bit more from your mobile phone or tablet is the next logical step for the industry; not some rare scenario.. and it's laughable that you even think it's "rare" in the first place to have devices in different spaces.. I have an office space where my PC is and my console is in the living room.. how the heck is that a "rare" set-up?

again, the idea that you can't see the difference between a "fan" and "fanboy" explains everything anyone needs to know about how you post here..

And again, that's YOUR opinion and YOUR preference.. the "problem" is that you tend to parade YOUR opinion as "fact".. a PC/PS5 combo doesn't necessarily work best for "most people" simply because it's what YOU would prefer..

^ that's the problem.. you're talking like any scenario that doesn't agree with YOUR preference is some rare one-off scenario that requires an asterisk.. that's simply not the case.. with the debut of Game Pass Ultimate coupled with cross-progression, Xbox has effectively made a strong case for a PC/Series X|S combo so that your games can follow you from device to device (including mobile).. sure, it may not be what YOU prefer but that doesn't discount the opinion of someone else who WOULD prefer that combo..

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Almost everybody here projects their personal preferences on to others as the "obvious choice" even the games we play and the way we play them and in what format.

As I said earlier, the cow crutch is broken, and with that comes the freedom of PC gamers not needing a PS5 or a XSX, just wait for those consoles "exclusives" to come to your preferred platform.

My two cents: Either get a gaming PC and a Switch, or PS5, XSX/S and Switch. If you're buying everything so you can puff out your chest and say "I'm teh maticorzs" then you are wasting your money, but you do you, even if you'll never have the time and money to play every fucking game ever made.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

I'm not skimming anything.. i'm using simple logic.. If you have a PC and PS5, there is no cross-buy.. unless you are going to pay for a game twice, you're likely going to buy that multiplat for the PC.. But in the case of the PC and Series X, he has Game Pass Ultimate.. meaning he has access to hundreds of games across both devices for one price.. and many of those games have cross-progression.. so, in effect, he's buying a game once and can freely play it on both devices.. for the PS5, why would you buy a multiplat there when you have a superior gaming rig?.. you'd literally have to decide to buy the inferior version for full-price.. but with PC/Series X combo and Game Pass Ultimate, he doesn't have to decide.. he gets both copies regardless.. it seems you're the one with the reading comprehension problem here..

You basically called him a "liar" in your first response dude simply for even implying that anything other than a PC/PS5 combo is viable.. and I've illustrated again why this combo works due to Game Pass Ultimate, cross-buy, and cross-progression.. many people enjoy the fact that they can start a Netflix movie or YouTube video from one device and pick up where they left off on another device.. this isn't a "rare scenario", it's the norm.. being able to start a video game from your PC, continue it on your console, and play it a bit more from your mobile phone or tablet is the next logical step for the industry; not some rare scenario.. and it's laughable that you even think it's "rare" in the first place to have devices in different spaces.. I have an office space where my PC is and my console is in the living room.. how the heck is that a "rare" set-up?

again, the idea that you can't see the difference between a "fan" and "fanboy" explains everything anyone needs to know about how you post here..

And again, that's YOUR opinion and YOUR preference.. the "problem" is that you tend to parade YOUR opinion as "fact".. a PC/PS5 combo doesn't necessarily work best for "most people" simply because it's what YOU would prefer..

^ that's the problem.. you're talking like any scenario that doesn't agree with YOUR preference is some rare one-off scenario that requires an asterisk.. that's simply not the case.. with the debut of Game Pass Ultimate coupled with cross-progression, Xbox has effectively made a strong case for a PC/Series X|S combo so that your games can follow you from device to device (including mobile).. sure, it may not be what YOU prefer but that doesn't discount the opinion of someone else who WOULD prefer that combo..

You keep trying to convince everyone that buying a PC AND a Series X so you can play the same game in two different rooms is a normal set-up when everyone here knows that's complete and utter BS. People on here are hardcore gamers and are more likely to have multiple systems, but just about everyone I know in the real world (you should drop by for a visit sometime) has ONE console and the only guy I know who has a PC and a console owns PC, PS4 and a Switch he simply has no need for a Series X.

NOBODY needs a Series X if they have a good PC, it's just a luxury for some people if they want to pick up some game where they left off in another room, it is not a normal scenario, it's just you and your constant MS fanboy BS insisting it is. Most people have one main place they play their games they don't drop gaming hardware all over their house so cross-buy holds some value for them lol.

And why are you absolutely obsessed with how I 'post on here' I pay zero attention to how people post I just read and respond. I have clearly triggered your sensitive fanboy feelings on here without even knowing to which I just have to say lolz.

I am not stating opinion as fact I'm just offering my opinion nobody is forced to agree with me. Here's an example of stating opinion as fact: 'it's the norm.. being able to start a video game from your PC, continue it on your console, and play it a bit more from your mobile phone or tablet is the next logical step for the industry'. That is just hilarious and such hardcore fanboy BS I actually laughed out loud when I read it.

Who starts playing a game on PC then stops and starts again on their console WTF is this nonsense? Maybe the TC's answer is to do what I did, buy a big high end TV to hook your PC up to. No need for downgrading to console to continue, no need for cross-buy who needs two copies of a game to play on one PC. No duplicate hardware. And if you hook up a PS5 to the same TV (and a Switch if you want one) no more envy when a big AAA title arrives on another platform that you want to play.

That to me is the perfect gaming scenario, note 'to me', not buying and placing various MS gaming devices round your house to play EXACTLY the same games and jumping between them just because you can that to me outside of select scenarios already discussed is ridiculous behaviour.

Unless your name is Antwan3K and you're a rampant cheerleading MS fanboy. I know you hate me calling you that, that's exactly why I said it, oh, and because we both know it's true. What can I say? I'm an asshole.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6078 Posts

@blueinheaven: I can put a PS5 or series x in the front room on the biggest TV but to put a massive and noisy pc would be an issue. There is scenarios where u need both.

wowlookaduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 wowlookaduck
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

The N64 was great, just because of its few classics!

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 blueinheaven

@tdkmillsy said:

@blueinheaven: I can put a PS5 or series x in the front room on the biggest TV but to put a massive and noisy pc would be an issue. There is scenarios where u need both.

My PC case isn't much bigger than my PS5 lol, it's not that noisy either. And yes there is definitely a strong case for having both consoles, PS5 exclusives on one, Gamepass on the other plus MS exclusives.

My point was there is really no need at all for a Series X if you have a PC. None whatsoever unless you want to play exactly the same games on two machines for whatever reason. TC is in that situation, most people are not.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

You keep trying to convince everyone that buying a PC AND a Series X so you can play the same game in two different rooms is a normal set-up when everyone here knows that's complete and utter BS. People on here are hardcore gamers and are more likely to have multiple systems, but just about everyone I know in the real world (you should drop by for a visit sometime) has ONE console and the only guy I know who has a PC and a console owns PC, PS4 and a Switch he simply has no need for a Series X.

NOBODY needs a Series X if they have a good PC, it's just a luxury for some people if they want to pick up some game where they left off in another room, it is not a normal scenario, it's just you and your constant MS fanboy BS insisting it is. Most people have one main place they play their games they don't drop gaming hardware all over their house so cross-buy holds some value for them lol.

And why are you absolutely obsessed with how I 'post on here' I pay zero attention to how people post I just read and respond. I have clearly triggered your sensitive fanboy feelings on here without even knowing to which I just have to say lolz.

I am not stating opinion as fact I'm just offering my opinion nobody is forced to agree with me. Here's an example of stating opinion as fact: 'it's the norm.. being able to start a video game from your PC, continue it on your console, and play it a bit more from your mobile phone or tablet is the next logical step for the industry'. That is just hilarious and such hardcore fanboy BS I actually laughed out loud when I read it.

Who starts playing a game on PC then stops and starts again on their console WTF is this nonsense? Maybe the TC's answer is to do what I did, buy a big high end TV to hook your PC up to. No need for downgrading to console to continue, no need for cross-buy who needs two copies of a game to play on one PC. No duplicate hardware. And if you hook up a PS5 to the same TV (and a Switch if you want one) no more envy when a big AAA title arrives on another platform that you want to play.

That to me is the perfect gaming scenario, note 'to me', not buying and placing various MS gaming devices round your house to play EXACTLY the same games and jumping between them just because you can that to me outside of select scenarios already discussed is ridiculous behaviour.

Unless your name is Antwan3K and you're a rampant cheerleading MS fanboy. I know you hate me calling you that, that's exactly why I said it, oh, and because we both know it's true. What can I say? I'm an asshole.

Nope, just simply saying that if you're interested in buying a console in addition to your PC, there are clear advantages provided to you via Game Pass Ultimate since you have access to hundred of games across both console and PC..

Nobody "needs" anything beyond what they prefer. IF a person would prefer a PC/PS5 combo, great.. that doesn't discount the obvious benefits if that same person preferred a PC/XBSX combo..

I'm just making an observation.. you tend to parade your opinions as facts and anyone who disagrees is called a "fanboy"..

"Who starts playing a game on PC then stops and starts again on their console WTF is this nonsense?" well, literally the person you implied was a "liar" when he said he would prefer a PC/Xbox Series X combo for that very purpose..

the "perfect gaming scenario" to YOU is fine.. not everyone has that same set-up.. some people have multiple rooms with multiple TVs and multiple devices.. it's not a hard concept to understand..

and yet again, calling someone a "fanboy" for having a differing opinion than yours.. you don't have to be "obsessed" with your posting history to see the trend here.. but yeah, agreed, you definitely come off as an asshole..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13067 Posts

@faponte13: PS5 SSD solution is bad.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

Nope, just simply saying that if you're interested in buying a console in addition to your PC, there are clear advantages provided to you via Game Pass Ultimate since you have access to hundred of games across both console and PC..

Nobody "needs" anything beyond what they prefer. IF a person would prefer a PC/S5 combo, great.. that doesn't discount the obvious benefits if that same person preferred a PC/XBSX combo..

I'm just making an observation.. you tend to parade your opinions as facts and anyone who disagrees is called a "fanboy"..

"Who starts playing a game on PC then stops and starts again on their console WTF is this nonsense?" well, literally the person you implied was a "liar" when he said he would prefer a PC/Xbox Series X combo for that very purpose..

the "perfect gaming scenario" to YOU is fine.. not everyone has that same set-up.. some people have multiple rooms with multiple TVs and multiple devices.. it's not a hard concept to understand..

and yet again, calling someone a "fanboy" for having a differing opinion than yours.. you don't have to be "obsessed" with your posting history to see the trend here..

If you have a PC you have Gamepass Ultimate hence you have every game that will ever be released from MS. Ever. On the best platform. You don't need a Series X.

I already cleared up my misunderstanding with the TC, I still think he would be better served with a PS5 to go with that PC but hey it's his money he makes his choice whatever it is I hope it works out for him. Note I didn't call him a fanboy, more on that later...

Like everyone else here I give my opinion to add to the conversation. I don't put 'fact' before or after each sentence. Maybe the ring of truth in what you read in my posts really niggles you and you rebel against what you see as fact? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist, though you are very easy to read my friend.

One could throw the same argument right back at you, announcing hilarious visions of how we will all play games on devices in the future with a tone of authority despite it all being total BS.

When is a gamer not a fanboy? It's actually a really easy question to answer. You will see nothing in my posting history that shows me as someone who calls people fanboy with no valid reason. Your posts are an excellent example. We are having a conversation and I make some points and what I get back from you sounds like Phil Spencer PR speak, nothing at all like what you would expect to hear from a 'normal' gamer. Maybe you're an MS plant on this forum? I love a good conspiracy theory...

TLDR: if you don't want people to call you a fanboy, don't post like one.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

If you have a PC you have Gamepass Ultimate hence you have every game that will ever be released from MS. Ever. On the best platform. You don't need a Series X.

I already cleared up my misunderstanding with the TC, I still think he would be better served with a PS5 to go with that PC but hey it's his money he makes his choice whatever it is I hope it works out for him. Note I didn't call him a fanboy, more on that later...

Like everyone else here I give my opinion to add to the conversation. I don't put 'fact' before or after each sentence. Maybe the ring of truth in what you read in my posts really niggles you and you rebel against what you see as fact? I don't know, I'm not a psychologist, though you are very easy to read my friend.

One could throw the same argument right back at you, announcing hilarious visions of how we will all play games on devices in the future with a tone of authority despite it all being total BS.

When is a gamer not a fanboy? It's actually a really easy question to answer. You will see nothing in my posting history that shows me as someone who calls people fanboy with no valid reason. Your posts are an excellent example. We are having a conversation and I make some points and what I get back from you sounds like Phil Spencer PR speak, nothing at all like what you would expect to hear from a 'normal' gamer. Maybe you're an MS plant on this forum? I love a good conspiracy theory...

If you've invested in a gaming PC, you don't "need" a PS5.. getting a console in addition to your PC is the very definition of an optional purchase at that point.. if you want to get a PS5 for the occasional exclusive title from Sony 1st party, great (or you could just wait for future PC ports of those games judging by the current trends).. if you want to get an Xbox Series X|S to take further advantage of your Game Pass Ultimate subscription on an additional device, that's great too.. both are viable options depending on the individual's personal preferences and situations.. this is really the beginning and the end of the conversation to be honest..

you can feel free to call me anything you want.. it's just your opinion.. at the end of the day, I don't come on this forum bashing Sony or PlayStation.. i post on this forum, called "System Wars", as an Xbox fan who sees both the pros and cons of their current and past decisions.. you on the other hand, post like an asshole and have admitted as much.. so your opinion on how i post (or any other subject) is rendered a lot less valid as a result in my opinion..

In summarization, you call me a "fanboy" because I'm a fan of Xbox.. you say I "hate Sony" with zero evidence to support that claim.. you implied TC was a "liar" because he preferred getting an Xbox Series X over a PS5 with his PC.. you insist on shoehorning the idea that people would be "better served" to get a PS5 with a PC as if that is some sort of fact.. see the trend?..

TL;DR: if you want to be taken seriously as someone with "no allegiance to hardware", try posting like one..

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

If you've invested in a gaming PC, you don't "need" a PS5.. getting a console in addition to your PC is the very definition of an optional purchase at that point.. if you want to get a PS5 for the occasional exclusive title from Sony 1st party, great (or you could just wait for future PC ports of those games judging by the current trends).. if you want to get an Xbox Series X|S to take further advantage of your Game Pass Ultimate subscription on an additional device, that's great too.. both are viable options depending on the individual's personal preferences and situations.. this is really the beginning and the end of the conversation to be honest..

you can feel free to call me anything you want.. it's just your opinion.. at the end of the day, I don't come on this forum bashing Sony or PlayStation.. i post on this forum, called "System Wars", as an Xbox fan who sees both the pros and cons of their current and past decisions.. you on the other hand, post like an asshole and have admitted as much.. so your opinion on how i post (or any other subject) is rendered a lot less valid as a result in my opinion..

In summarization, you call me a "fanboy" because I'm a fan of Xbox.. you say I "hate Sony" with zero evidence to support that claim.. you implied TC was a "liar" because he preferred getting an Xbox Series X over a PS5 with his PC.. you insist on shoehorning the idea that people would be "better served" to get a PS5 with a PC as if that is some sort of fact.. see the trend?..

TL;DR: if you want to be taken seriously as someone with "no allegiance to hardware", try posting like one..

Here you go again repeating everything I said and claiming it as your own. I have said repeatedly it's up to the individual what gaming hardware they buy but that doesn't exclude me from giving my own opinion on it.

So now you say I post like an asshole just because I disagree with you lol you can barely conceal your utter contempt for anyone who won't humour you with your Xbox fanboy nonsense. Let's take note that I have remained civil and haven't resorted to name calling so it's worth at this point asking exactly who the asshole is here.

I said I 'think' he would be better served with PC and PS5 combo, that is opinion, not stating anything as fact. Good God you're terrible at this...

What hardware do I have allegiance to? I have a high end PC, a PS5, and already said if I had no PC and had to have one console it would be Series X. Are you even trying anymore or are you so enraged you just can't think straight?

Listen dude, if I was you I would quit while I am 5 billion miles behind, you're tying yourself up in knots and owning yourself harder with every post you make. I'm having a lot of fun though, so that's one positive we can take from all this, right?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

Here you go again repeating everything I said and claiming it as your own. I have said repeatedly it's up to the individual what gaming hardware they buy but that doesn't exclude me from giving my own opinion on it.

So now you say I post like an asshole just because I disagree with you lol you can barely conceal your utter contempt for anyone who won't humour you with your Xbox fanboy nonsense. Let's take note that I have remained civil and haven't resorted to name calling so it's worth at this point asking exactly who the asshole is here.

I said I 'think' he would be better served with PC and PS5 combo, that is opinion, not stating anything as fact. Good God you're terrible at this...

What hardware do I have allegiance to? I have a high end PC, a PS5, and already said if I had no PC and had to have one console it would be Series X. Are you even trying anymore or are you so enraged you just can't think straight?

Listen dude, if I was you I would quit while I am 5 billion miles behind, you're tying yourself up in knots and owning yourself harder with every post you make. I'm having a lot of fun though, so that's one positive we can take from all this, right?

Show me where I've said anything different.. we'll wait..

I simply stated that different people have different preferences and priorities.. if you agreed with that ideal from the very beginning, what are you arguing about exactly?.. again, we'll wait..

as far as name calling, you called me a "fanboy".. i didn't call you anything.. i simply repeated what you described yourself as:

@blueinheaven said:

What can I say? I'm an asshole.

so yeah, ^ if you want to ask "who is the asshole here", there's your answer..

as far as your "allegiance", let me give you a clue.. no one should have to proclaim their allegiance .. their words are all the evidence anyone needs.. you seem to think i "hate Sony" just because i like Xbox.. first clue.. in addition to that, you automatically think any PC gamer who even "thinks" about getting a Series X over a PS5 as a secondary device is "almost definitely a liar".. second clue.. You even went as far as to argue that a PC gamer has other reasons to own a PS5 beyond exclusives (like multiplats) which simply doesn't make any logical sense since those multiplats would be "inferior" by default (yet all the while ignoring those same reasons for an Series X console, dismissing the cross-progression XSX has for multiplats, and the added reasons like native b/c for 360 and Xbox games).. yet, another clue.. statements like that are all the evidence anyone needs to see where your allegiances lie.. a sales receipt for a piece of hardware is meaningless by comparison.. i mean, if i go buy a PS5 tomorrow, does that somehow transform me into a Sony fan (oops, i mean "Sony fanboy")?.. please save, the "i have all the systems" argument.. it doesn't mean much, sorry..

again, ^TL;DR: if you want to be taken seriously as someone with "no allegiance to hardware", try posting like one..

and yep, pretty fun for me to see your mental gymnastics display.. apparently you agree with what I'm saying but still spent the last page or so disagreeing with me.. cool, story bro..

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

Show me where I've said anything different.. we'll wait..

I simply stated that different people have different preferences and priorities.. if you agreed with that ideal from the very beginning, what are you arguing about exactly?.. again, we'll wait..

as far as name calling, you called me a "fanboy".. i didn't call you anything.. i simply repeated what you described yourself as:

@blueinheaven said:

What can I say? I'm an asshole.

so yeah, ^ if you want to ask "who is the asshole here", there's your answer..

as far as your "allegiance", let me give you a clue.. no one should have to proclaim their allegiance .. their words are all the evidence anyone needs.. you seem to think i "hate Sony" just because i like Xbox.. first clue.. in addition to that, you automatically think any PC gamer who even "thinks" about getting a Series X over a PS5 as a secondary device is "almost definitely a liar".. second clue.. You even went as far as to argue that a PC gamer has other reasons to own a PS5 beyond exclusives (like multiplats) which simply doesn't make any logical sense since those multiplats would be "inferior" by default (yet all the while ignoring those same reasons for an Series X console, dismissing the cross-progression XSX has for multiplats, and the added reasons like native b/c for 360 and Xbox games).. yet, another clue.. statements like that are all the evidence anyone needs to see where your allegiances lie.. a sales receipt for a piece of hardware is meaningless by comparison.. i mean, if i go buy a PS5 tomorrow, does that somehow transform me into a Sony fan (oops, i mean "Sony fanboy")?.. please save, the "i have all the systems" argument.. it doesn't mean much, sorry..

again, ^TL;DR: if you want to be taken seriously as someone with "no allegiance to hardware", try posting like one..

and yep, pretty fun for me to see your mental gymnastics display.. apparently you agree with what I'm saying but still spent the last page or so disagreeing with me.. cool, story bro..

You seem to be having some kind of breakdown online and I'm genuinely sorry if I'm the one responsible. I thought it was a lighthearted exchange, hence the self deprecation referring to myself as an asshole, you know, lightening the mood a bit. Well that went well...

If you honestly see 'fanboy' as namecalling you're far too mentally fragile to be on these boards, seriously man. You should hear what people call me on here, I laugh, always.

I never said a PC gamer would play multiplats on PS5, never, ever. Why would I need to? I said the TC could play multiplats (what he plays most, his words, not mine) on PS5 with his big TV when he wants to lounge around on the couch and it's not being used by the family, guessing he has a monitor on his PC, you'd have to ask him.

Oh and the fanboy crap again, you declared yourself as an Xbox fan, nothing at all to do with me. On here you are what you write. Might I respectfully suggest that this being the case you think first and type second instead of the other way around.

The rest of it is just garbled nonsense. You need to stop taking this shit seriously you're literally all over the place. I don't care what systems people have or what they play on or what games they play we are all just shooting the shit it's no big deal but I'll admit I have a personal issue with fanboys it rubs me up the wrong way for whatever reason but you could barely type in your last reply, I'm assuming you're very upset.

It's not that big a deal, none of it is, honestly. Chill the f*** out.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Antwan3K
@blueinheaven said:

You seem to be having some kind of breakdown online and I'm genuinely sorry if I'm the one responsible. I thought it was a lighthearted exchange, hence the self deprecation referring to myself as an asshole, you know, lightening the mood a bit. Well that went well...

If you honestly see 'fanboy' as namecalling you're far too mentally fragile to be on these boards, seriously man. You should hear what people call me on here, I laugh, always.

I never said a PC gamer would play multiplats on PS5, never, ever. Why would I need to? I said the TC could play multiplats (what he plays most, his words, not mine) on PS5 with his big TV when he wants to lounge around on the couch and it's not being used by the family, guessing he has a monitor on his PC, you'd have to ask him.

Oh and the fanboy crap again, you declared yourself as an Xbox fan, nothing at all to do with me. On here you are what you write. Might I respectfully suggest that this being the case you think first and type second instead of the other way around.

The rest of it is just garbled nonsense. You need to stop taking this shit seriously you're literally all over the place. I don't care what systems people have or what they play on or what games they play we are all just shooting the shit it's no big deal but I'll admit I have a personal issue with fanboys it rubs me up the wrong way for whatever reason but you could barely type in your last reply, I'm assuming you're very upset.

oh okay, nothing on-topic to discuss anymore because you fail at mental gymnastics?.. gotcha.. to recap:

you started off with: "anyone who claims to be a PC gamer and also claims they are 'thinking' of buying a Series X is almost definitely a liar"

and after being called out, changed it to: "it's up to the individual what gaming hardware they buy"

good job with the self-ownage..

everything else is just you having a meltdown.. lol at the "I was just joking, you take things too seriously" tactic.. i can't even say "good try" with that one because it just came off as sad..

now that the on-topic discussion is over and you've devolved to paragraphs of personal attacks, I think my job here is done.. thanks for playing..

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blueinheaven

@Antwan3K said:
@blueinheaven said:

oh okay, nothing on-topic to discuss anymore because you fail at mental gymnastics?.. gotcha.. to recap:

you started off with: "anyone who claims to be a PC gamer and also claims they are 'thinking' of buying a Series X is almost definitely a liar"

and after being called out, changed it to: "it's up to the individual what gaming hardware they buy"

good job with the self-ownage..

everything else is just you having a meltdown.. lol at the "I was just joking, you take things too seriously" tactic.. i can't even say "good try" with that one because it just came off as sad..

now that the on-topic discussion is over and you've devolved to paragraphs of personal attacks, I think my job here is done.. thanks for playing..

Baseless, self-congratulatory bullshit that has no basis in fact whatsoever and contradicts the entire conversation. You got owned (not just by me, you did a good job yourself) throughout the whole exchange decisively and repeatedly.

But sure, tell yourself it didn't really happen. Will that help those salty tears my poor little dim-witted outraged Lem friend? Whatever works for you...

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

the ps5 makes absolutely no sense right now!! What are you going to play on it? Returnal?? Ratchet and Clank? Then what? Demon Souls maybe...a 10 year old game remade?

The best option is to go for xbox, heck even the series S is a great choice. In a few years, the first party sony games will start rolling...and thats also when the ps5 slim should come out, with better quality parts.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blueinheaven

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

the ps5 makes absolutely no sense right now!! What are you going to play on it? Returnal?? Ratchet and Clank? Then what? Demon Souls maybe...a 10 year old game remade?

The best option is to go for xbox, heck even the series S is a great choice. In a few years, the first party sony games will start rolling...and thats also when the ps5 slim should come out, with better quality parts.

And what are you going to play on Xbox? Nothing? I mean literally nothing since you seem to think neither console is capable of playing multiplats which actually is what everyone plays ALL the time.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Gifford38

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

I do agree on the fact that we know absolutely fuckall what's coming to our PS5. GoW2 will be massive and i can't wait. Horizon2 is a no thanks on my end, but people enjoy it so whatever. That's two games. Are two games the future of the PS5? I want to at least know what to expect for my console.

I have a ps4 and apparently gow2 is coming out on that. Agree with Horizon i did not like it either.

I haven't played returnable, watched some one play it, looks like a niche game, its about the challenge, rouge-like, and not letting you save the game is going to turn off people. But that kind of game is just not for everyone. You need to be into rouge likes, they aren't for everyone. Cool you like Returnal though, Do you think its worth $70?

if a game is not worth 70 then its not worth 60. between 60 and 70 is only 10 bucks. so if its not worth 70 then its not worth 60.

why would want to play gow 2 on ps4 when you can play it on the ps5?

why have a series x if you can play halo and forza on xbox one?

why upgrade your pc to a new graphics card if your playing the games on your old card?

fact is players want to play the best versions of there up coming games.

the future of both systems looks great. to bad system wars can't see that.

we are looking at another ps3 and 360 era. were both consoles will be worth owning.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Gifford38
@davillain- said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Xbox Series had a slow start, but it was worth it for them now to get that solid future. The drought is pretty much over for Xbox and content is starting to flow better. They have a lot of studios that can leap frog with releases continually.

PS5 is kinda N64ing right now. A few big hits, drought, a few big hits, drought, rinse and repeat...

Can't compare N64 to PS5. N64 was an awesome console, it had staller good games for it's time until PSX arrived and that all change from their. PS5 is hardly a drought if you only care about PS5 exclusives, plenty of other games on the 3rd-party side and Indie games to boot.

@sargentd said:
@hardwenzen said:

Same for me with my PS4 and I don't see myself upgrading to PS5 anytime soon. Do I want a PS5 like right now? Of course I do but I'm in no rush to get it...just yet.

there is so much more the ps5 offer over the ps4 versions not just 4k or raytracing.

not worth upgrading for dual sense support, instant loading, 3d sound, 4k, 60 fps modes etc.

if you felt the new features of the ps5 controller that alone would make you want to play these up coming games on a next gen system. never mind the rest. just saying.

besides you also get to play the non cross gen games like ratchet and clank.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Gifford38

@Pedro said:

If you prefer the PS5 over the Series, get a PS5.

If you prefer the Series over the PS5, get a Series.

These threads NEVER changes anyone's mind and is just fanboy fodder.

that is true. once system wars learn that the future of both systems looks great the better off we are lol. for me and this is my opinion xbox one just didn't make me run out and get one.

this gen there looking to be the 360 era all over again with out the red ring of death lol.

and the ps5 looks like its going to have more than open world games. as much as I love open world games sony needs to make more online games like warhawk or solcom that the ps3 had. also not having a console that sounds like a jet engine the ps4.

yes I prefer sony but doesn't mean im not paying attention to what series x will bring in the future.

I think both companies gave us the best consoles yet. now they just have to bring the games.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gifford38
@shellcase86 said:

Own both. I actually prefer the physical design and UI of the PS5 over the Series X. Gamepass is a beast and absolute amazing value, no dispute there. The only issue w/ that is it's a cost of $15 or $10/month in perpetuity if you didn't score early on with the GP deals.

That stated, Sony ought to open up about upcoming titles and developments w/ their services. I say ought, because they don't need to -- they have their base and most interested consumers on lock due to the strength of the brand alone.

I just can't wait until cross gen crap is over.