Could this be the Wii's downfall?

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthSting"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="curono"]

[QUOTE="Wolfgang66"]Wii is its own downfall.curono

Tell that to the 2 million (or more ) consoles sold in about 3 months...

And probably 1.8m Regrets

You should have placed a bigger number......... Since Wii is well into its 4 million Sold.

hahaha.... ok... you got me. 1.8m regrets... 2.2 million clients satisfied. Even if EVERY PS3 client was satisfied (which is totally false) nintendo would have a lot more satisfied clients...

Yeah its definitely not a bad ratio:P.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"]GTA had nothing to do with the downfall of the GC.NRGCDS

GTA was one of the major reasons the GC lost.

You still don't get it do you the major reasons is because of the Name, and No online. people were uses to the playstation name.

Oh, thanks for explaining it to me. Also, are you saying the "playstation" name has no effect now?
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"]You still don't get it do you the major reasons is because of the Name, and No online. people were uses to the playstation name.cakeorrdeath

Online isn't hurting the Wii.

oh Online for wii is coming and it will make the wii sales skyrocket.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="the-very-best"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"]GTA had nothing to do with the downfall of the GC.the-very-best

GTA was one of the major reasons the GC lost.

You still don't get it do you the major reasons is because of the Name, and No online. people were uses to the playstation name.

Oh, thanks for explaining it to me. Also, are you saying the "playstation" name has no effect now?

Oh it had an effect on GC because people got use to the name playstation not GTA. and that name playstation belongs to nintendo not sony.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#155 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
oh Online for wii is coming and it will make the wii sales skyrocket.NRGCDS

They can't get higher than they are now. Everything being made flies off shelves.
coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
In my opinion, last gen the GC sold poorly due to several factors: the design of the console, the poor 3rd support (it didn't get GTA etc), and it didn't exactly accelerate the industry with the machine itself (no revolution). This gen Nintendo have corrected some of those problems and added even more than what the GC didn't have. They have online, decent 3rd party support, they're brought in a "revolution" if you will, and the design of the console is great.

But I think they've still got the same problem as the GC (which is a major reason it lost): No big-name 3rd party titles.

It doesn't have all those really anticipated games that are coming to 360/PS3 like GTAIV, RE5, GRAW 2, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Burnout, SSX4 etc.

Do you think this will be the reason the console fails to come on top in sales? Or is this a minor flaw that is countered by Wii's innovative games like Wiisports etc.?

EDIT: I meant big name 3rd party titles. Sorry for the confusion.

the-very-best
The Wii is getting a SSX game last time I checked. The Wii really doesn't need big third party games, I mean the Wii is in a class of it's own. There are many games on the Wii or that are coming on the Wii that couldn't be done on another console so that will attract consumers and offset the lack of "big" third party games. I think the Wii will do great, it's selling like Hotcakes right now and it's already doing much better then the Gamecube did in it's first few months. I can't say for certain how long the Wii will last but there is evidence that it'll do better then the Gamecube.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#157 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="curono"]

[QUOTE="StealthSting"][QUOTE="rat_pac"][QUOTE="curono"]

[QUOTE="Wolfgang66"]Wii is its own downfall.StealthSting

Tell that to the 2 million (or more ) consoles sold in about 3 months...

And probably 1.8m Regrets

You should have placed a bigger number......... Since Wii is well into its 4 million Sold.

hahaha.... ok... you got me. 1.8m regrets... 2.2 million clients satisfied. Even if EVERY PS3 client was satisfied (which is totally false) nintendo would have a lot more satisfied clients...

Yeah its definitely not a bad ratio:P.

Nice to hear compliments on my arguments!!!:)

NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"]oh Online for wii is coming and it will make the wii sales skyrocket.cakeorrdeath

They can't get higher than they are now. Everything being made flies off shelves.

don't you understand that Super Smash Bros. Brawl online is going to do it.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"]oh Online for wii is coming and it will make the wii sales skyrocket.NRGCDS

He was saying its already selling incredibly.
Avatar image for black_chewbacca
black_chewbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#160 black_chewbacca
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
Well... The Wii's downfall with be lack of 3rd party support. It will be getting watered down (excrusiatingly watered down) ports from 360/ps3 like the Godfather and Blazing Angels. Since porting basically takes most of the code and translates it to the Wii' format... Then the graphics will look disgustingly horrific,  mainly because of the shoddy translation.
Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
In my opinion, last gen the GC sold poorly due to several factors: the design of the console, the poor 3rd support (it didn't get GTA etc), and it didn't exactly accelerate the industry with the machine itself (no revolution). This gen Nintendo have corrected some of those problems and added even more than what the GC didn't have. They have online, decent 3rd party support, they're brought in a "revolution" if you will, and the design of the console is great.

But I think they've still got the same problem as the GC (which is a major reason it lost): No big-name 3rd party titles.

It doesn't have all those really anticipated games that are coming to 360/PS3 like GTAIV, RE5, GRAW 2, Rainbow Six, Oblivion, Burnout, SSX4 etc.

Do you think this will be the reason the console fails to come on top in sales? Or is this a minor flaw that is countered by Wii's innovative games like Wiisports etc.?

EDIT: I meant big name 3rd party titles. Sorry for the confusion.

the-very-best
Yeah, but their first party really makes up for the slack. Plus, I hope that it can get MANY more 3rd party titles. They already have No More Heroes; they can get more, I know it. This topic rules...
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#162 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]
How can you think Wii version will outsell the PS2 version though? PS2's install base is massive.
cakeorrdeath

They also have many more games to chose from and the game simply wont be as good on the PS2 as the Wii.

GRAW on 360 outsold the PS2 version.

Because it came with a 360 bundle.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
We can stay here and argue about the future of the consoles for all of eternity. But these are the facts, as of right now Wii is anything but near trouble. The one currently on that spot is PS3. There is no other way but to be blunt about it, as of right now the PS3 is the only one with signs of a bleak future.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 NRGCDS
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"][QUOTE="NRGCDS"]oh Online for wii is coming and it will make the wii sales skyrocket.the-very-best

He was saying its already selling incredibly.

and it will sale more for the game I just said and many more online titles that the ps3 and Xbox360 can't get. Animal Crossing, Pokemon battle Revolution, Red Steel 2, and Mario Striker Charged all this year and next year, Mario Party 9, Mario Kart, F-Zero,and other 3rd Party titles online
biltros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 biltros
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
yes baby
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#168 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
wii not go anywhere and will be in number 1 spot for a while
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#169 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
the wii has had game announcement, big ones
M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Not that I care about the Wii.

But Nintendo does NOT need those mass marketed titles. They have thier 1st party exclusives and exclusive quirky non-traditional games, and along with a surplus of non-gaming casual garbage pick and play games. The Wii has become a "safe haven" from redundancy and an open portal for new ideas and new options.

Added to that, for the old schoolers, the VC becomes the icing on the cake.