Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@pelvist said:

Iv encountered cheaters in MP before on PC but its nowhere near as bad as console gamers make it out to be, not even close. Most of the time its just a sore looser screaming "cheater!" when they get spanked by a better player.

Nah I think most of the time it's people not understanding that what you see on your screen is just a CLOSE APPROXIMATION of what everyone else sees. Unless you're on LAN.

Just because you run around the corner and get 'shot through the wall' doesn't mean you were around that corner on the shooters monitor.

Client-side prediction works pretty well most of the time but sometimes you can see the smoke and mirrors.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@pelvist said:

Iv encountered cheaters in MP before on PC but its nowhere near as bad as console gamers make it out to be, not even close. Most of the time its just a sore looser screaming "cheater!" when they get spanked by a better player.

Nah I think most of the time it's people not understanding that what you see on your screen is just a CLOSE APPROXIMATION of what everyone else sees. Unless you're on LAN.

Just because you run around the corner and get 'shot through the wall' doesn't mean you were around that corner on the shooters monitor.

Client-side prediction works pretty well most of the time but sometimes you can see the smoke and mirrors.

Yeah, I used to play on 33.6k dialup with 400+ms ping times in Q3A so I know all about how different ping times can effect what you see on screen vs someone with much lower. Id imagine its one factor but most of it is just whining because they got owned.I remember during the Quake III era, I was very good at that game and used to spank people all the time. Every day there would be at least a few that are so shocked and mad that they got beat so badly that they absolutely insists you must be cheating.

I don't play multiplayer that often any more, too many kids nowadays and shooters seem really slow paced. I think the last one I was into was Tribes Ascent before they went overboard with the pay2win. I always sucked at CS.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

More reason they should have added a PvE mode like Halo 5 had, Warzone Firefight has kept me firing it up over the years.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Cheaters or not PC is always the premeire place for e-sports for nearly all major competitive titles. That 1% cheater rate doesn't stop KB/M and higher fps/hz from being far higher skill cap.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

If you need to cheat in video games you’re a tiny dick cuck.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

Are the PC players really cheating, or are the console kiddies crying because they're getting owned by mouse and keyboard?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts
@dzimm said:

Are the PC players really cheating, or are the console kiddies crying because they're getting owned by mouse and keyboard?

Shows how far behind time you sheep are cuz online multiplayer is an unknown beast to Nintendo. You look at a popular multiplayer title such as Warzone, and there is a high chance of getting one hacker per game, every game. On some occasions, you will find a full team of hackers riding in a jeep and no scopping people across the map with the sniper. Shit's blatant. Nothing to do with being outplayed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts
@fedor said:

In the 21 hours I have in the MP I don't think I've come across a single cheater.

Same, Same. Usually the same with all games I play that people complain there's lots of cheaters in.

@dzimm said:

Console gamers whining after getting owned is incredibly more likely than there actually being a cheater.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By dzimm
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

Shows how far behind time you sheep are cuz online multiplayer is an unknown beast to Nintendo. You look at a popular multiplayer title such as Warzone, and there is a high chance of getting one hacker per game, every game. On some occasions, you will find a full team of hackers riding in a jeep and no scopping people across the map with the sniper. Shit's blatant. Nothing to do with being outplayed.

But the question remains: Are the PC players really cheating, or are the console kiddies crying because they're getting owned by mouse and keyboard? "No scope" kills are, in fact, a source of pride among the more skilled players, and the speed and precision offered by mouse-aim can appear to be cheating to someone trying to muddle through an FPS with a controller.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hardwenzen

@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

But the question remains: Are the PC players really cheating, or are the console kiddies crying because they're getting owned by mouse and keyboard? "No scope" kills are, in fact, a source of pride among the more skilled players, and the speed and precision offered by mouse-aim can appear to be cheating to someone trying to muddle through an FPS with a controller.

I don't think you understand. Standing on top of a jeep, having the driver driving around the map and no scopping people that you can't even see (because they're across of the map, and without a scope, you simply can't see them) with 100% accuracy is not a question of IF. Its as blatant as it can be. They have a hack now that allow you to fire around the body, but all bullets will register as headshots, giving the illusion of a person spectating that the hacker isn't hacking.

Nobody is talking about being outplayed here. Nor am i talking about some 11yo crying on reddit that he got killed and thinks it was a hacker.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@mowgly1 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Cows keep telling me Infinite is a flop and nobody wants to play that trash.

Thanks for PC players for ruining this game. This is good, actually.

Why is this "good"?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dzimm: No scoping should have been removed ages ago.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dabear

@Gatygun: Every console game looks "like a PS3 game" to you.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dabear

@daredevils2k said:

LMAO now lems doesn't want cross play, but they were bashing Sony couple years back, because Sony predicted that this would happen.

I think what people are asking is "can I turn off cross play until anti-cheating features are implemented."

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:

LMAO now lems doesn't want cross play, but they were bashing Sony couple years back, because Sony predicted that this would happen.

I think what people are asking is "can I turn off cross play until anti-cheating features are implemented."

we all knew this was going to happen, and now lems are whining about what Sony said was going to happen. Since cross play was sooooo important to the low number xb owners, now they should reap what they sowed.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dabear

@daredevils2k: Over all, I've appreciated cross play. It made Outriders a lot more fun, and I've added a dozen or so people to my XboxLive friends list who are PC gamers.

This is about a specific case of cheating.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dzimm

@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

I don't think you understand. Standing on top of a jeep, having the driver driving around the map and no scopping people that you can't even see (because they're across of the map, and without a scope, you simply can't see them) with 100% accuracy is not a question of IF. Its as blatant as it can be. They have a hack now that allow you to fire around the body, but all bullets will register as headshots, giving the illusion of a person spectating that the hacker isn't hacking.

Nobody is talking about being outplayed here. Nor am i talking about some 11yo crying on reddit that he got killed and thinks it was a hacker.

Sure. Sounds like a "learn to play" problem.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Controller aim assist so powerful console kidz think it's hacks.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hardwenzen

@dzimm: How do you learn to no scope with a sniper while standing on top of a jeep driving around. Please guide me to success.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

People cheat on console too. Enjoy those Cronus users on console lol.

TBH Whenever I play COD and can hear people's call outs, usually the one's who scream "Cheater!" when they get K'd are the ones who are themselves suspect.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#73 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

@zaryia said:

Cheaters or not PC is always the premeire place for e-sports for nearly all major competitive titles. That 1% cheater rate doesn't stop KB/M and higher fps/hz from being far higher skill cap.

Outside of genres typically tied to it, namely RTS. Console is arguably better due to fixed hardware and software across the board.

CS:GO is a meme of cheatery. To the point that a pro was caught trying to run cheating software in a live tournament. Sometimes you can click the Steam forum and just see pages of "I have been unjustly banned". (Russian users)

Loading Video...

Be wrong to purely pin it on the open nature of the platform. Gamers in general, are assholes. And in the upper echelons their toxicity is infamous. Try to dress them up are model citizens, but many are just turds.

Why Nintendo users are the best outside of Smash sex offenders, they just enjoy games.

com2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 com2006
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: aim assist has been in halo since the off, I have played them all, it is subtle but it is very much there. Easier to keep locked on to the target

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Zaryia

@uninspiredcup said:
@zaryia said:

Outside of genres typically tied to it, namely RTS. Console is arguably better due to fixed hardware and software across the board.

It isn't arguable. Over 80% of competitive shooter and br tournaments are done on PC.

It isn't even close.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 uninspiredcup  Online

@zaryia said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@zaryia said:

It isn't arguable. Over 80% of competitive shooter and br tournaments are done on PC.

Sadly it is.

Fighting games will practically always opt for consoles for a consistent experience.

Likewise with Halo. Call Of Duty etc...

This post purposefully cherry-picks stuff typically popular in Asian countries where PC in the dominant platform. Namely, free play titles.

The only FPS bigger than console is Counter Strike, which as factually stated, is a haven for cheaters to the point organizers have to stop them using illegal software by learning over the keyboard and saying "no, stop that".

Granted, Smash is full of sex offenders, but cheating is comparatively non-existent.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zaryia
@uninspiredcup said:
@zaryia said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@zaryia said:

Sadly it is.

The data says it isn't. We're talking 10x more. Nearly all competitive gaming and e-sports is done on PC. 1% cheating simply doesn't offset the speed and precision of KB/M. Or the higher fps/hz.

@uninspiredcup said:

Fighting games will practically always opt for consoles for a consistent experience.

Literally the only genre. And the scene is like a fraction of even medium PC scenes. We're talking 1/20th or less.

Why did you write casual CoD. That's like not even in the top 10 on the ranking site, and the highest paying COD tournament was done on PC.

@uninspiredcup said:

This post purposefully cherry-picks stuff typically popular in Asian countries where PC in the dominant platform. Namely, free play titles.

You're cherry picking countries and genres because you lose if you don't. Let's look at the entirety of gaming,

Top Games Awarding Prize Money - Esports Game Rankings :: Esports Earnings

It's not even fair. KB/M has an incredibly higher skill ceiling and allows more competitive genres. The most popular genre next to moba is BR, almost all of these tournaments for BR are done on PC as well. Third most is FPS, nearly all on PC again.

This won't change any time soon until they find a more precise and variable speed control method that everyone adopts.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@zaryia said:

You're cherry picking countries and genres because you lose if you don't. Let's look at the entirety of gaming,

Unfortunately this post has proven my point further. The argument wasn't popularity. This is of course, a diversion. Practically every example is free2play and Asian focused, requiring extremely low-end hardware. Almost every title ancient games and of the FPS shown, proliferated with cheaters. Infamous.

What you've essentially done, is highlighted exactly what was implied. A high population culture bred on PC gaming. Many in China and what not specifically bred on Free2play titles and unfortunately, poor due to communism.

Just quickly sifting through that, the console titles listed, cheating is practically unknown. They require higher end hardware, most are newer titles, and most are played in a for more policed environment without the encroachment PC typically represents.

The point not only stands, it's now elevated.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia
@uninspiredcup said:
@zaryia said:

Unfortunately this post has proven my point further.

So you agree 90%+ of mp competitive and esports gaming is done on PC and better on PC, with no sign of console taking over any time this century? You agree this miniscule cheating has given console no edge over PC in this regards going by the simple data?

PC cheating is a problem, and it's continuously being worked on. Thing is it's just not big enough of a problem for it to really be impactful, as the PC platform is too strong at MP gaming and basically untouchable. No system even comes 1/100th as close.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@mazuiface said:

I thought this was a joke, but no. lol. Apart from aim assist, they can have this crap too.

Loading Video...

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11280 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Oh its definitely a PC problem. PC gamers are trash at gaming, and usually have to cheat in every game.

Just look at COD/WZ. full of PC cheaters.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mrbojangles25: Oh its definitely a PC problem. PC gamers are trash at gaming, and usually have to cheat in every game.

What? There's people who cheat in the most popular online games in the world on the most popular platform in the world? Shocking.

To know that little fact, and still go "PC gamers are trash at gaming and have to cheat" only describes how big of a troll you are.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:
@mazuiface said:

I thought this was a joke, but no. lol. Apart from aim assist, they can have this crap too.

Loading Video...

I bought a mouse and keyboard adapter for my PS4 because I just can't stand controllers, and apparently that is considered cheating as well lol 🤣

Console gamers will complain about anything, it seems.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dzimm
@hardwenzen said:

@dzimm: How do you learn to no scope with a sniper while standing on top of a jeep driving around. Please guide me to success.

You'd have to ask my son since I rarely play competitive multiplayer games. He plays at such a high skill level that he is often falsely accused of hacking.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By hardwenzen
@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:

You'd have to ask my son since I rarely play competitive multiplayer games. He plays at such a high skill level that he is often falsely accused of hacking.

At one point i thought that you were trolling, but now i see that you're simply not understanding what standing on top of a jeep and no scopping people across 200m+ while the driver is driving you all around even means.

Loading Video...

He is actually THAT good btw. That's why he posts on youtube, cuz he is that good🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

People that don't play multiplayer games don't understand how obvious most hackers are.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Lmao yeah I get that PC users have access to more cheats, but it's especially funny when its been well known since cross platform online play became a thing, that console aim assist literally gives these controller users an edge that they seemingly do not understand.

@jasonofa36 said:
@mazuiface said:

Loading Video...

Yeah for real - these are relatively common too - especially among COD players. I remember a game I played of MW 2019 Hardcore Search and Destroy where a guy was using a decked out AK-47 with NO RECOIL. I told him I saw his hacks and this mf deadass told me "I don't cheat I use a Cronus with a PS5 controller." 🗿🗿🗿 Super bruh moment

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#88 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#89 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Game needs a better anticheat. Like the one mcc has, or valorant, or siege.