Console Gaming vs PC Gaming, which is better experience

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Console Gaming vs PC Gaming, which is better experience (90 votes)

Console Gaming 23%
PC Gaming 77%

So which is the better experience

I think console gaming wins by a mile, better games, more convenient, cheaper, etc.

• 
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

ITT opinions.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

PC gaming:

Cheaper, more quality exclusives than all consoles combined every single year, crazy sales, mods, better community, no online fees other than my regular phone bill, complete custom experience

But then again there's people who simply feel more comfortable with consoles or are a little too incompetent to use a PC

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I have a PS3, Wii, and a gaming PC. With my PC it's as simple as running an HDMI cable from my computer to my HDTV, selecting Big Picture mode in Steam, and booting up my game in seconds.

On my PS3 I have to turn on the console, pray to my chosen deity that there isn't a mandatory software update that will take anywhere from 5-10 minutes, insert the disc, wait another five minutes for my game to load, and then finally start playing my game, albeit at a very low resolution with a low framerate.

With the Wii this process is somewhat faster, since it doesn't force mandatory updates unless I'm playing a very new game.

I'll say that for playing a game quickly and easily my PC is the best, hands down. Granted, this is my own subjective experience.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@roler42 said:

PC gaming:

Cheaper, more quality exclusives than all consoles combined every single year, crazy sales, mods, better community, no online fees other than my regular phone bill, complete custom experience

but then again there's people who simply feel more comfortable with consoles or are a little too incompetent to use a PC

i'd add: more total games, the freedom from choosing an inexpensive through to enthusiast level hardware, freedom of controller choice, the best driving sims, all the genres plus genres which are mostly forgotten on consoles, huge versatility, and of course - graphics.

also i enjoy working with pc hardware.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Is that even a question ?

PC wins easily .

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

we know the poll winner before it ends.... because it always ends in the same way.

PC wins... hands down.

the only way consoles even compete is by pulling together 3 different consoles to fight one platform... and even then fails.

PC ... the unlimited open source system. best for the majority of developers that dont have billions to spend on marketing. and for gamers in general who are even remotely techinical literate... which most people should aim to be in this day and age. as mandatory as driving a friggin car.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

What I find amazing is that, even on a site like this, PC gaming usually gets the most votes.

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

dumb question by an even dumber op

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

You can get a console gaming experience from your PC, but the reverse can't be done.

Simple answer, really.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

It's all down to opinions. I prefer console gaming but there's nothing wrong with PC gaming and lots of people prefer it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

PC. I like consoles too, but PC is better.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

This question is flawed..... but PC gaming will always be more capable and versatile. Gotta buy consoles for those few exclusive titles but both can provide an enjoyable experience. How enjoyable depends solely on the game.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

PC with xbox controller > Console > Mouse and Keyboard Pc

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Knowing that TC suffers from cowness, I must say that he owned himself with this poll XD. Consolites should never make polls or else they lose their main advantage - pretend that they are a majority XD.

Apacheguns515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Apacheguns515
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

Depends on what you like I guess.

In all reality PC gaming does come with a slight learning curve but once you get everything set up it's really no different than a plug and play console. I'll admit that in my early days I fried my fare share of PCs playing around with different things such as overclocking and using too powerful of GPUs for my PSU etc. That was mainly due to ignorance of the hardware. But I also went through 3 Xbox 360s before I finally got one that didn't RROD on me. So consoles aren't always as simple as plug and play either.

I enjoy the variety of gaming experiences I get on the PC. I can setup my joystick, pedals, and throttle and play simulators, I can pull out the keyboard and mouse and play RTS or FPS, and I can plug in my Xbox controller and sit on the couch with the PC hooked up to my 50" TV and play anything else the same as a console which is what I do the majority of the time. I just like having the option to enjoy whatever type of gaming experience I want. Well besides the motion sensor gaming thing like Kinect or Wii but I don't care for that.

With consoles it generally is just plug in and go. Sure the new ones have all of these updates and whatnot but its still not the same as PC gaming. No screwing around with settings, drivers, etc. Put the game in a console and its going to play. But once you get a decent PC setup with decent hardware most games are pretty much just pop it in and go as well without having to screw around with settings to make it run smooth. But it is going to cost a little more in hardware to get you to that point. Many PC gamers don't have high end machines so they have to play around with the settings.

Plus with a few extra dollars in PC hardware vs a console the graphics look a hell of a lot better.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@robokill said:

If you wanna suck

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

PC, of course. If I wanted to match a gaming PC's capabilities as a console-only gamer, I'd be spending quite a bit more.

Gaming PC = 1 console + non-gaming PC.

The above held true back in the late 80's - early 90's. It still holds true today.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

The one you prefer. For me, it's been console gaming for the last few years. When I have a decent rig, I do like to PC game.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I would have said PC if Naughty Dog went multiplat.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

PC isn't just subjectively better, it's objectively the better overall experience and that's an irrefutable fact. Largest library, most diversity, most options for the end user, most modern hardware, most customization, and the best value (PC gaming pays for itself at this point).

Your personal preferences cannot ignore this. When you compare the platforms the PC is superior in every way. This isn't 1995 where maintaining a PC is a difficult experience and things like installing drivers were an actual difficult endeavor. It's 2014, PCs basically maintain themselves now. You can adapt a PC to every situation. PC's match or far exceed a console in every situation.

If you're finding a PC to be the worse experience, that's not a fault of the PC.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

definitely console gaming

the most awarded in Game of the Year winning exclusives.

gotta go where the quality is.

and no need to beg for ports

Karpetburnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Karpetburnz
Member since 2013 • 532 Posts

same, I prefer consoles just for the games., I have a PC, might not be the best but it can still play games. i might try Titanfall on PC because i dont want to buy an Xbone.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

@Wasdie said:

PC isn't just subjectively better, it's objectionably the better overall experience and that's an irrefutable fact. Largest library, most diversity, most options for the end user, most modern hardware, most customization, and the best value (PC gaming pays for itself at this point).

Your personal preferences cannot ignore this. When you compare the platforms the PC is superior in every way. This isn't 1995 where maintaining a PC is a difficult experience and things like installing drivers were an actual difficult endeavor. It's 2014, PCs basically maintain themselves now. You can adapt a PC to every situation. PC's match or far exceed a console in every situation.

If you're finding a PC to be the worse experience, that's not a fault of the PC.

...objectively, Wasdie

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

and the bullshit train starts

Choo Choo!

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wasdie  Moderator

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

PC isn't just subjectively better, it's objectionably the better overall experience and that's an irrefutable fact. Largest library, most diversity, most options for the end user, most modern hardware, most customization, and the best value (PC gaming pays for itself at this point).

...objectively, Wasdie

Wow how did I screw that one up?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By XboxDone74

@lostrib: jelly confirmed

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clyde46

@xboxdone74 said:

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/08/14/9-pc-games-we-want-on-ps4/

Keep begging cow.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Id take PC gaming over all of last gen consoles and the new consoles combined, without question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5920bf77daa85

@xboxdone74 said:

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize after nine months in office, with nothing to justify it.

The same is true for most Gamespot GOTY award winners, as removing the cutscenes basically leaves you with nothing. The "quality" of GOTY winners is lacking, to say the least.

The reality is, if YOU can't afford a gaming PC, can't read a manual or follow instructions during a lengthy tutorial, maybe you should just shut up about PCs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize after nine months in office, with nothing to justify it.

The same is true for most Gamespot GOTY award winners, as removing the cutscenes basically leaves you with nothing. The "quality" of GOTY winners is lacking, to say the least.

The reality is, if YOU can't afford a gaming PC, can't read a manual or follow instructions during a lengthy tutorial, maybe you should just shut up about PCs.

worse yet, the GOTY is simply the game most of editorial can play while showing promising traits, basicly a goty tends to be the best amongst the lowest common denominators. Simple as that really.

but sssh. Whatever you do, don't tell the unthinking masses that :o

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CrownKingArthur
@Maddie_Larkin said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@xboxdone74 said:

worse yet, the GOTY is simply the game most of editorial can play while showing promising traits, basicly a goty tends to be the best amongst the lowest common denominators. Simple as that really.

but sssh. Whatever you do, don't tell the unthinking masses that :o

but let's be fair - it is really really hard to form an opinion on a video game. one of the best things to do is to let someone else with all their own thoughts, feelings, preferences - play a game, give it a score, then just like the game because another human praised it.

also makes it much easier to discuss games.

'did you like metal gear solid 4?'

'yes. i thought it was a ten'

'i thought it was a ten too. we all thought it was a ten'

'how coincidental. the review also says 'ten'. discussing games is fun'

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

Jelly because...?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By clyde46

@CrownKingArthur: I enjoyed MGS4.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XboxDone74

@clyde46 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/08/14/9-pc-games-we-want-on-ps4/

Keep begging cow.

yes...keep begging...beggar. :)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock-star-games-bring-red-dead-redemption-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

While I'm a PC gamer at heart (and it is the best way to play games I think), I only play on consoles now because I was just spending too much on upgrading my PC all the time. I know you don't have to, but I just think that if you game on PC, you have to have decent hardware.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lostrib

@xboxdone74 said:

@clyde46 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Keep begging cow.

yes...keep begging...beggar. :)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock-star-games-bring-red-dead-redemption-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

Dude, change the record.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CrownKingArthur
@clyde46 said:

@CrownKingArthur: I enjoyed MGS4.

8/10 at best from me.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

...objectively, Wasdie

too busy playing awesome pc games to fix grammar

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By XboxDone74

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@xboxdone74 said:

well good thing games like the last of us and uncharted 2 both won over 200 goty awards each. that speaks volumes.

love how mad herms get when someone dare say they prefed console gaming to pc.

i started pc gaming in 1985. my first being an apple IIc. i was pc gaming before you, and any other of you herms were cum bubbles.

stopped around '06 because theres nothing on pc that interests me enough, coupled with i havent bought a desktop for about 6 years. strictly tablet pcs now...which cost more than any of your pathetic rigs...whos power is wasted mostly in games that could run on calculators.

so stay mad, herm...and keep on beggin'.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@xboxdone74: I keep wondering what PC did to you 6 years ago to make you this bitter XD

I mean I had my fun arguments with other console gamers, but you? You're the first one i know that has a legit grudge against the PC XD

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By XboxDone74

@roler42: it started becoming obsolete...desktops. They are a dying relic. I moved to tablet pcs.

Coupled with that PC started to lack in titles that I found interesting. The last PC game that I put a legitimate amount of hours into was SC Brood Wars. Each year after that, I lost more and more interest. Then tablet PCs started becoming more and more readily available.

If PC gaming ever wants to step up, with some original exclusive titles, I may return. There was some PC mom, that I saw a trailer for recently. Kinda looked like EverQuest style wise...but was totally showcasing all the customization. That perked my interest, but hasn't made me jump back to the PC yet. Don't remember the name off hand.

Edit. Wild star mmo

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wasdie  Moderator

@wis3boi said:

@Wasdie said:

too busy playing awesome pc games to fix grammar

Disregard spelling. Play PC games.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Console gaming hasn't been cheaper, or more convenient in years.

And I'll take a library of hundreds of good games spread across every genre of gaming over a tiny handful of good games spread across a tiny handful of genres.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85

@xboxdone74 said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@xboxdone74 said:

well good thing games like the last of us and uncharted 2 both won over 200 goty awards each. that speaks volumes.

love how mad herms get when someone dare say they prefed console gaming to pc.

i started pc gaming in 1985. my first being an apple IIc. i was pc gaming before you, and any other of you herms were cum bubbles.

stopped around '06 because theres nothing on pc that interests me enough, coupled with i havent bought a desktop for about 6 years. strictly tablet pcs now...which cost more than any of your pathetic rigs...whos power is wasted mostly in games that could run on calculators.

so stay mad, herm...and keep on beggin'.

1. It says nothing that they won GOTY awards, whether it is 1 or 200. Gears of War won many awards, but it was not very good and the superior PC port did not sell very well.

In contrast, Forza Motorsport 4 did not win GOTY anywhere, yet it is a dramatically better game than GOW.

The problem? not enough cutscenes.

2. No one is mad that someone prefers console gaming. People don't like you because you are a liar and are stupid.

3. You believe PC gamers at this site were all born after 1985? You think gaming on an Apple IIc impresses anyone? Do you think anyone believes you have ever been a PC gamer?

4. If nothing appeals to you, then don't buy it. But that says something about you, not about the platform.

5. I've never "begged" for any game to come to PC. A small minority beg for games a publisher thinks won't be popular enough with PC gamers to justify porting it over. And given that current generation consoles run using the intel x86 CISC instructure set instead of the PowerPC RISC architecture, there will be far more and easier ports of games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I voted PC for one reason, since resolution and POWER are so important to cows, how can PC not be better since it trumps both consoles in that area?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

PC gaming is the best.

I get to play most of the games I enjoy on the consoles better on the PC + all the PC only games.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Consoles offer better "experience" for non-techie. Plug HDMI into the TV, connect the power cable to the outlet, turn it on, voila, you get picture on the TV and can start playing game right away. Convenience if a big part of "experience."

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

@lostrib said:

@robokill said:

If you wanna suck

at competitive gaming maybe, but online games these days are rather awful

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

Consoles offer better "experience" for non-techie. Plug HDMI into the TV, connect the power cable to the outlet, turn it on, voila, you get picture on the TV and can start playing game right away. Convenience if a big part of "experience."

That's how my computer works too.

Plug HDMI into the monitor, computer plugged into the outlet, hit power button, double click game icon (there are hundreds ready to go right when my computer starts up).

It's pretty nice.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Does Iowe0 or that guy with the BMW/Plasma TV still post here? This thread surely needs their input. Anyways I voted consoles for the giggles.