Console Gaming vs PC Gaming, which is better experience

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Console Gaming vs PC Gaming, which is better experience (90 votes)

Console Gaming 23%
PC Gaming 77%

So which is the better experience

I think console gaming wins by a mile, better games, more convenient, cheaper, etc.

• 
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Multiple systems vs one system huh ?

Hmmm, still in that case I will go for PC:

biggest library, biggest diversity in genres, fills almost ever niche, options, freedom, best graphics, mods, freeware games (as in absolutely free not as in free to play)

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

Consoles offer better "experience" for non-techie. Plug HDMI into the TV, connect the power cable to the outlet, turn it on, voila, you get picture on the TV and can start playing game right away. Convenience if a big part of "experience."

That's how my computer works too.

Plug HDMI into the monitor, computer plugged into the outlet, hit power button, double click game icon (there are hundreds ready to go right when my computer starts up).

It's pretty nice.

Really, so you didn't have to install graphic cards, put together the components, and install Windows and other software? You must really have a high-end gaming laptop then.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

Consoles offer better "experience" for non-techie. Plug HDMI into the TV, connect the power cable to the outlet, turn it on, voila, you get picture on the TV and can start playing game right away. Convenience if a big part of "experience."

Plug HDMI into the monitor, computer plugged into the outlet, hit power button, double click game icon (there are hundreds ready to go right when my computer starts up).

It's pretty nice.

Really, so you didn't have to install graphic cards, put together the components, and install Windows and other software? You must really have a high-end gaming laptop then.

That's been an available route to take for decades.

Pre-built PCs are almost as old as PCs themselves, and the ones nowadays come fully equipped, and ready for action.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

That sounds like how my PC works.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@hoyalawya said:

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

It's pretty nice.

asanine

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

It's pretty nice.

Those things are so tedious !

I'd rather spend time dressing my avatar up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

It's pretty nice.

No, but I did have to wait for my PS3 to update and properly configure the wifi when I first plugged it in. Not to mention having to update a number of games when I first started them

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@Wasdie said:

PC isn't just subjectively better, it's objectively the better overall experience and that's an irrefutable fact. Largest library, most diversity, most options for the end user, most modern hardware, most customization, and the best value (PC gaming pays for itself at this point).

Your personal preferences cannot ignore this. When you compare the platforms the PC is superior in every way. This isn't 1995 where maintaining a PC is a difficult experience and things like installing drivers were an actual difficult endeavor. It's 2014, PCs basically maintain themselves now. You can adapt a PC to every situation. PC's match or far exceed a console in every situation.

If you're finding a PC to be the worse experience, that's not a fault of the PC.

You're are one of the most logical and reasonable users on this forum, but that has to be one of the stupidest thing I have ever read. No matter how you twist it, it's just a matter of opinion.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I do not really game with my pc much, but as far as potential to provide the best gaming experience the pc wins all the way.

Consoles have convenience locked down though.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@lostrib said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@clyde46 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@lostrib: jelly confirmed

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/08/14/9-pc-games-we-want-on-ps4/

Keep begging cow.

yes...keep begging...beggar. :)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock-star-games-bring-red-dead-redemption-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

Dude, change the record.

Yeah really

He Keeps on beating a dead horse.....

The vast majority consolers tend to be followers not leaders. Even so how about the petitions to keep GTA 5 off PC? or even the some PS4 users wanting some Pc only games on PS4?.....

Just because some want a selection of games to be brought to pc does not mean its begging or pc gamers in general are beggars. It means that some want to experience these unique games whether or not its based on not having a console to play them on to just wanting to experience the games with better control and graphical options.

Just because Xbone thinks these petitions are proof that PC does not have good games that some have to petition to get them ported over thinking that its begging is very narrow sighted and a poor attempt to prove pc has no games. In truth its far from it and I think he's in envy of Pc...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@hoyalawya said:

@treedoor said:

@hoyalawya said:

It's pretty nice.

No, but I did have to wait for my PS3 to update and properly configure the wifi when I first plugged it in. Not to mention having to update a number of games when I first started them

I had to wait 15 minutes for an update for GT6.... I passed the time by playing some Mechwarrior Online.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@roler42 said:

PC gaming:

Cheaper, more quality exclusives than all consoles combined every single year, crazy sales, mods, better community, no online fees other than my regular phone bill, complete custom experience

But then again there's people who simply feel more comfortable with consoles or are a little too incompetent to use a PC

^ This and more

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Definitely console gaming for me. Consoles have better exclusives, are more convenient, have less distractions, and I just feel that it is more comfortable playing games on a console.

Plus, I work on a PC all day, so I kind of associate my PC with work and I think that causes me to not be able to relax and have as much fun with gaming on a PC. Consoles, on the other hand, are only associated with fun.

The only games that I prefer to play on PC are strategy games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I prefer the platform which has the biggest library of good games, allows for freedom of the user, and does not throw away my online bought games whenever I swap hardware.

So PC ofcourse, not even close to a question. My pc can do everything a console can, ironically often faster and better, allows for whatever input I wish.

On the console side, well I have a few consoles each gen for exclusives bound for that single system, ironically that tally up around a few handfuls of games each year, on hardware that talleyd up costs more then my pc, with experiences which is often subpar to what I wish for.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Console gaming cheaper?

Pay to play online and $60 games?! Whaaaaaat.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

@xboxdone74:

Yeah but you get the shit version of multiplats 99% of the time, i'm so thankful i never had a to play an Elder Scrolls game on a console.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Both experiences are good which is why you shouldn't choose. Instead get both and be a boss.

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Why the hell would anyone even make a poll on this? PC shits all over consoles, every gen, every time.

You supposed masterpiece the PS4 is already making compromises on framerates and resolution on upcoming titles. Don't even get me started on the damn Xbone.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

PC :

More Exclusives

Better Multiplatforms

Cheaper Games

No Online Fee

Freedom

Mods

Support for Different Input devices

Better Graphics

Better Frame Rates

Dedicated Servers

Easy and Cheaper for small devs to build games

No QC Procedure

Community Update

Faster Official patches

Games for Mature Audience

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

PC gaming is better, but Consoles have better games that are not on PC

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Console gaming cheaper?

Pay to play online and $60 games?! Whaaaaaat.

$15 DLC packs, as the only way to expand your game, are cheaper than mods

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Definitely consoles....900p/880p/792p/720 FTW.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

PC gaming = tinkering with settings and greatness

bunch of fun graphical options to play with. (Tweaking that console or .cfg file for performance :) )

Emulators to play our own PS2, Wii, Gamecube, Arcade games.

Steam (1,000 games with bunch of users)

Several fun Free to play games

Proper internet browser and adobe flash plugin

Facebook

Best looking graphics most of the time

Windows 7 is great.

Yep i needed to bold all of it

it is that amazing.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

PC gaming has it's perks. Of that there is no doubt. But it also has more than its fair share of quirks and annoyances. Many PC gamers will be quick to provide a solution to any problem with PC gaming that might be brought up. But oftentimes these "solutions" present more problems that they solve.

It's time to address the redundant equivocations constantly brought up by PC gaming enthusiasts:

"It's no big deal building your own PC"

I'm sorry but this is a bogus argument that could be applied to anything. What if you went to the store to buy a T-Shirt and on the way to the cashier, somone stopped you and said "hey don't buy that shirt! Just buy a loom and weave your own shirt!". Or the same could be applied to your car, or your house or literaly any product. Seefor some people it isn't a big deal to build their own PC; the other 99.9% of the population has no need or desire to build one. Most people wouldn't even consider it. Someone who's adept at building gaming PC's might be able to slap one together in 10 minutes. For somone else it could take days. A console works right out the box. Go to the store buy the console. Done. No finding deals for parts on new egg waiting for them to ship then building the damn thing. That takes time and time is money. I'm not even going to talk about incompatability issues, OS issues driver issues because somone will try and say it's comarable to console patch updates. It's not. Not even close. But even in ignoring that hassle the idea that constructiong your own computer is a simple and viable solution for all people is disingenuous.

"You can hook your PC up to a TV"

That's true. I'm using my TV as a monitor right now. But many people don't want to have a wireless keyboard and mouse (plus whatever kind of surface) strewn about their livingroom. You need the mouse to launch games and buying a lapdesk or motion controlled mouse is simply another expense and another inconvienence.

"Mouse and Keyboard is better then controller"

That's opinion but there is no doubt about this: Gaming with a mouse and keyboard laying back on your couch is pretty uncomfortable. Laying on your back on your bed? Forget it. With a controller you can play sitting up in a chair. On your couch or lying in bed. Can't do that with M/KB.

"The PC can use any controller"

Some games offer 360 controller support. A lot of them don't, and using a hack or mod or having to map your buttons on an aplication like Xpadder is an inconvienence. Again, a reoccurring theme.

Ignoring other reasons why people might prefer console gaming over PC gaming, (the tons of great games that simply arent avaiable on PC for starters) PC gaming enthusiasts should acknowledge that many people have valid reasons for prefering consoles. It's not that we're ignorant or brainwased by "the man". The fact is thatvideo gaming on a console is significantly more convenient and easier than it is on PC. And that's significant because for the most part gaming is a leisurely activity. Entertainment. And people want their entertainment to be as stress and hassle free as possible.