deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

This is probably where the forum's unwanted spam goes.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#102 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

I will just say this, and that's the laster race needs to argue higher frame rates, I mean how else are they going to justify wasting so much money on their e-mail machines lol.

Its been proven that in every gen, consoles are far behind PC.

And every gen its a proven fact that hermits port beg console games, but, but PC are ahead LOL.

Also there will be more people playing on powerful consoles next gen than people playing on PC's more powerful than next gen consoles, including yours :)

Intentionally gating games behind shit hardware in order to bait sales because they wouldn't sell otherwise doesn't make a platform superior, just desperate

More people eat junk food than regular food, the experience is worse

Weak console hardware powering it's child proof operating system is always static and start diminished

You are essentially bragging that you eat at McDonalds and because it has menu items not available elsewhere it's superior

Every gen the console only losers screech into a niche forum, to no effect

Work on improving your income so you can actaully get what you want instead of crying here for half a decade

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

Could this depend on the game? I would always like to have 60+fps in console games. On a nice PC rig you shouldnt have that problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
Member since 2020 • 58 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:
@DarthaPerkinjan said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:

Not much, a laptop featuring Nvidia Ampere since Turing laptop can already run it at 40FPS+.

Where is the benchmark on that? And what GPU is in that?

The GPU used in the laptop is expected to cost $799

Hermits are frikin insane. A $799 GPU cannot run that demo anywhere near 60fps, yet they will swear consoles are missing out because it runs at 30fps on PS5.

It's clear to me that he thinks a mobile RTX 2080 performs the same as its desktop counterpart hence why he is saying an $800 GPU cannot run the demo cannot run the demo near 60fps. Reality is that the RTX 2080 Max Q which is assumed to be the GPU in the laptop and stated by Jensen Huang to be faster than next gen consoles is on par with RTX 2060 desktop GPU. This isn't even factoring in the full mobile version of the RTX 2080 because the Max Q version is basically a 50% underclocked RTX 2080. The full mobile version of the RTX 2080 performs much better and is said to be around RTX 2070 Super performance and Epic stated that the UE5 demo ran pretty good on the RTX 2070.

Something seems lost in translation. The PS5 will most likely outperform a 2060S and a 2080 max Q.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69744 Posts

@parkerrand said:

Something seems lost in translation. The PS5 will most likely outperform a 2060S and a 2080 max Q.

Based off of what?

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@PinchySkree said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

I will just say this, and that's the laster race needs to argue higher frame rates, I mean how else are they going to justify wasting so much money on their e-mail machines lol.

Its been proven that in every gen, consoles are far behind PC.

And every gen its a proven fact that hermits port beg console games, but, but PC are ahead LOL.

Also there will be more people playing on powerful consoles next gen than people playing on PC's more powerful than next gen consoles, including yours :)

Intentionally gating games behind shit hardware in order to bait sales because they wouldn't sell otherwise doesn't make a platform superior, just desperate

Weak console hardware powering it's child proof operating system is always static and start diminished

You are essentially bragging that you eat at McDonalds and because it has menu items not available elsewhere it's superior

Work on improving your income so you can actaully get what you want instead of crying here for half a decade

fast food always better than home cooked....... :P

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Pretty sure both next gen systems will be better builds than most people's PC builds here on this forum. Not to mention everywhere else.

PCs will eventually have the capability to meet and exceed next gen systems at affordable pricing.

So conceding that PCs will run third party games better... I ask the "Masta Race" warriors here... can YOUR PC match what PS5 (not even adding in XSeX) is capable of? Not... does the technology exist. Does your personal rig hold up? If so, what did that cost you?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

No i just saw it running on a PS5. I'm curious what desktop equivalent GPU( specifically Nvidia) do you think I could get that would match a PS5?

I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea.

No, you didn't. You saw the video of a demo who Epic said was running on a PS5 dev kit. Just like another Epic engineer said the same demo runs on RTX 2080 laptop at 40FPS+. The engineer also said that the target is to get this demo to run at 60FPS on the same laptop.

I thought he said the goal was to get it to 60 fps on next gen? Regardless what Nvidia desktop gpu can I get today would be on par with a PS5?

He said the goal was to make it run on that laptop at 60FPS. Since the demo ran at 40+FPS on a laptop 2080 Max Q, Nvidia desktop 2060S should fall in the same ballpark or perform better.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pedro

@PinchySkree said:

Your counter argument is equally silly. Its even more dumb that you actually believe that people who game on consoles are some how financially strapped. How silly.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PC_Rocks

@davillain- said:
@DarthaPerkinjan said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Curious what kinda hardware that's currently available would run that UE5 demo at 60fps if any.

Not much, a laptop featuring Nvidia Ampere since Turing laptop can already run it at 40FPS+.

Where is the benchmark on that? And what GPU is in that?

The GPU used in the laptop is expected to cost $799

Hermits are frikin insane. A $799 GPU cannot run that demo anywhere near 60fps, yet they will swear consoles are missing out because it runs at 30fps on PS5.

LOL...consolites.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:

Based off of what?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-claims-RTX-2080-Max-Q-is-faster-than-PS5-Xbox-Series-X.448695.0.html

Based off known benchmarks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

No i just saw it running on a PS5. I'm curious what desktop equivalent GPU( specifically Nvidia) do you think I could get that would match a PS5?

I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea.

No, you didn't. You saw the video of a demo who Epic said was running on a PS5 dev kit. Just like another Epic engineer said the same demo runs on RTX 2080 laptop at 40FPS+. The engineer also said that the target is to get this demo to run at 60FPS on the same laptop.

I thought he said the goal was to get it to 60 fps on next gen? Regardless what Nvidia desktop gpu can I get today would be on par with a PS5?

He said the goal was to make it run on that laptop at 60FPS. Since the demo ran at 40+FPS on a laptop 2080 Max Q, Nvidia desktop 2060S should fall in the same ballpark or perform better.

Here is the exact quote from what was translated

"he said his laptop could run the tech demo at 1440p 40fps+ in labs, optimization target is 60fps for next-gen."

Next gen refers to his laptop? I would like to revisit this claim I don't see how a 2060S will match a PS5.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 PC_Rocks

@parkerrand said:
@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:

Based off of what?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-claims-RTX-2080-Max-Q-is-faster-than-PS5-Xbox-Series-X.448695.0.html

Where are the benchmarks for PS5 and XSX?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:
@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:

Based off of what?

Hopefully we can accurately get them around November. But wouldn't AMD hardware out currently offer a good baseline? Do you think the cards in the PS5 and XSX would outperform current AMD cards considering they are on a new architecture and have specs that exceed those cards?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pedro

@parkerrand said:
@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:

Based off of what?

Where is the benchmark in that link that shows the PS5 outperforming both the 2060S and 2080 max Q?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:
@Pedro said:
@parkerrand said:

Based off of what?

Where is the benchmark in that link that shows the PS5 outperforming both the 2060S and 2080 max Q?

It specifically mentions AMD 5700xt being above those cards. So you think the PS5 is weaker then a 57000xt?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PC_Rocks

@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Hopefully we can accurately get them around November. But wouldn't AMD hardware out currently offer a good baseline? Do you think the cards in the PS5 and XSX would outperform current AMD cards considering they are on a new architecture and have specs that exceed those cards?

Could very well be weaker than current AMD cards or at the very least Nvidia's. We have no idea of their RT, ML, VRS tc. capabilities and how much silicon is dedicated to that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Could very well be weaker than current AMD cards or at the very least Nvidia's. We have no idea of their RT, ML, VRS tc. capabilities and how much silicon is dedicated to that.

Now sure how it would be weaker then current amd cards. But yes we do not know there RT, ML or VRS performance so I'm curious to find out.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PinchySkree

@Pedro said:
@PinchySkree said:

Its even more dumb that you actually believe that people who game on consoles are some how financially strapped. How silly.

Meanwhile you use the cost of a PC as a weak non argument at every opportunity

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Pedro

@PinchySkree said:

While that is factually not true, it doesn't change the fact that your comment of income being a reason for people gaming on consoles is nonsense.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 PinchySkree

@Pedro said:
@PinchySkree said:

While that is factually not true, it doesn't change the fact that your comment of income being a reason for people gaming on consoles is nonsense.

If you were actually happy with your gaming situation you wouldn't be here whining

The only thing that could cause that is lack of money to buy what you want

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

yea I like watching movies at 10fps.'

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Holy balls, Batman, this thread is still going?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@PinchySkree said:

If you were actually happy with your gaming situation you wouldn't be here whining

I am whining about my gaming situation? What I am whining about? Do tell.😂

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 PinchySkree

@Pedro said:
@PinchySkree said:

The original comment was an attack on one group of platform holders out of frustration because you are stuck with only the other

@dxmcat said:

Only if you can't cook. Fast food is worse in every category

Also no, PC isn't low quality home cooking, it's the upper range of fine restaurant food and you can pick whatever you want

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Pedro

@PinchySkree said:

The original comment was an attack on one group of platform holders out of frustration because you are stuck with only the other

You said,

"If you were actually happy with your gaming situation you wouldn't be here whining"

Again please indicate where I was whining about my gaming situation. While you are at it please provide information in which the only reason people game on console is due to the lack of money.

"The only thing that could cause that is lack of money to buy what you want"

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#127 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

The complete lack of even the most basic understanding of how any of this works is always on full display around new console times.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@PinchySkree said:
@Pedro said:
@PinchySkree said:

@dxmcat said:

Only if you can't cook. Fast food is worse in every category

Also no, PC isn't low quality home cooking, it's the upper range of fine restaurant food and you can pick whatever you want

I was gonna add that as well, if fast food is better than your cooking, that means your cooking sucks. Lol

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22753 Posts

I can't say I have ever cared or thought about frame rate when determining my satisfaction in a game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#130 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I can't say I have ever cared or thought about frame rate when determining my satisfaction in a game.

Well, you do play on Switch after all.... LOL

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TheEroica  Moderator

@BassMan: exactly... Because the conversation around frame rates is as exciting as a dry fart. I like the devices with great games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BassMan

@TheEroica said:

@BassMan: exactly... Because the conversation around frame rates is as exciting as a dry fart. I like the devices with great games.

Playing a game at 30fps or less at a shit resolution does not make for a great experience.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 TheEroica  Moderator

@BassMan: lol I've been gaming since 1981... How did that happen?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BassMan

@TheEroica said:

@BassMan: lol I've been gaming since 1981... How did that happen?

Do you still watch VHS tapes regularly for movies? Probably not. So, why are you playing at archaic quality standards for games?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheEroica  Moderator

@BassMan: I don't aim to watch VHS because I have streaming services, just like I don't still play my atari 2600 over my ps4.

You said it wasn't a good gaming experience though unless it hits a benchmark +30fps and high resolution. That is false. The way the developer develops a combat system or designs the world to interact with is far more Important and thousands of games pre HD are fantastic experiences.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BassMan

@TheEroica said:

@BassMan: I don't aim to watch VHS because I have streaming services, just like I don't still play my atari 2600 over my ps4.

You said it wasn't a good gaming experience though unless it hits a benchmark +30fps and high resolution. That is false. The way the developer develops a combat system or designs the world to interact with is far more Important and thousands of games pre HD are fantastic experiences.

The game's design is very important, no doubt. A well designed game deserves to be played on capable hardware that delivers solid technical performance. That way you have a quality experience where you are fully immersed and not distracted by low frame rates and other technical aspects that pull you out of the experience. All aspects have to come together to deliver that overall quality.

Crazy_Chemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Crazy_Chemist
Member since 2020 • 154 Posts

Heres the thing, for me at least. If a game can push 60+ fps, they should do that. A game running at 30fps wont ruin the game for me, between the two, a game running at a solid 60fps and not dipping below is such a sweet gaming experience.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 PinchySkree
@BassMan said:
@TheEroica said:

Playing a game at 30fps or less at a shit resolution does not make for a great experience.

Exactly, input polling is tied to frame rate. After experiencing PS1 and PS2 input, trying PC for the first time in 2002 was heaven

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

Next Gen since the new consoles are going to have powerful CPU's every AAA game should come with 3 modes.

1st Graphics Mode:

Mostly Locked 30FPS with minimal to no dips possibly variable Res if needed for people with normal TV's.

2nd Performance mode:

Performance (locked 60FPS with a variable resolution).

3rd Unlocked FPS:

Unlocked FPS Graphics mode that keeps the graphics high and FPS as high as it can go but only drop the FPS when it needs to. For people with G sync/Free sync and VRR TV's.