Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3663 Posts
@parkerrand said:

Curious what kinda hardware that's currently available would run that UE5 demo at 60fps if any.

Not much, a laptop featuring Nvidia Ampere since Turing laptop can already run it at 40FPS+.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3
Member since 2020 • 58 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Curious what kinda hardware that's currently available would run that UE5 demo at 60fps if any.

Not much, a laptop featuring Nvidia Ampere since Turing laptop can already run it at 40FPS+.

Where is the benchmark on that? And what GPU is in that?

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#53 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6068 Posts

IMO Graphics have gotten to the point where they are good enough. I rather see advances in lighting and AI for next gen versus more detailed textures. Also would be nice if every game targets 60 FPS than 30. 60 FPS brings a much smoother experience for a game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 14013 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Unless its a sports game, developers will always intentionally target 30fps because games can look better at 30fps then at 60fps. And games that look better sell better.

Its like the Unreal 5 demo. It could have run at 60fps and still looked great. But it wouldnt have looked as good as it does running at 30fps. In that type of game (adventure/Tomb Raider style) 30fps is just fine if it means a tastier visual experience.

On PS6, PS7, PS8 and on there will always be 30 fps games, and they will likely always be in the majority because developers will make the artistic/business choice for a better looking game instead of a smoother framerate.

So please, stop it with the low IQ, low effort posts complaining about not every game being 60fps.

"because games can look better at 30fps then at 60fps."

I wholeheartedly disagree. Especially for systems that can run that demo with that fidelity and at 60fps.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36758 Posts

Hopefully developers can optimize techniques to reduce overhead, like using lower quality assets and sprucing them up through checkerboard, variable resolution, temporal supersampling, rather they try that to hit 60fps and use every trick to make it look good than tank performance just to say they have a game that runs in native 4K, leaving no overhead to improve visual effects or smoother framerate output and whatnot.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6160 Posts

lol despite the complacency of people like yourself, devs have started to take note that people prefer 60fps.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PC_Rocks

@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Where's the benchmark for UE5 demo on PS5? The source is the same for both of these: Epic engineers.

Chozofication

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Chozofication
Member since 2020 • 22 Posts

In an ideal world where when we talk of 30fps, we would get 30fps locked with perfect frame pacing. But we don’t, so I’d say it’s time to stop giving devs a free pass.

Not to mention that different 30fps games have varying degrees in latency. Take a worst case killzone 2 and compare it to project Gotham 4 for example. The difference in latency could be even more stark than an average 30 vs 60 game comparison.

What I mean is that 30fps can feel really nice, but there are so many developer variables that can go wrong, to impede that. Better to just make a 60fps mode standard.

Only the switch should get a pass for 30fps once the new gen is out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 30185 Posts

While I would certainly prefer 60fps and hope that the next gen consoles at least provide options to get that from the games I’m not one to get fussed over 30fps either. Just never really had that much of a problem with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Where's the benchmark for UE5 demo on PS5? The source is the same for both of these: Epic engineers.

No i just saw it running on a PS5. I'm curious what desktop equivalent GPU( specifically Nvidia) do you think I could get that would match a PS5?

I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4046 Posts

LOL, why do PC gamers assume console players don't also have PCs?

@SOedipus said:

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 6450 Posts

@mtron32: Console fanboys are the only ones who would make the silly argument the OP did.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7568 Posts

From what I understand, the FPS that you are content with, is the same as your IQ.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25984 Posts

To the TC: We don't complain, that's why we play on PC.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#65  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11739 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Its been proven that in every gen, consoles are far behind PC.

And every gen its a proven fact that hermits port beg console games, but, but PC are ahead LOL.

Also there will be more people playing on powerful consoles next gen than people playing on PC's more powerful than next gen consoles, including yours :)

Console gamers beg for PC games all the time. I already owned u on The Laster Race argument. There are more games that start off on PC and later come to consoles than the other way around. So, that card is not available to you. Find another one to play.

i have never seen any one here beg for a pc game. all ever see is if god of war or horizon zero dawn or uncharted on pc it can run on 60fps on a real machine i just bought for 3000 dollars. like we get it the 3000 machine is better than the 400 machine.

it was like that last gen with 360 games as well.

So, they never begged for games like PUBG, Fortnite, Minecraft, etc.? LOL These are some of the most popular games in the world and console players play the shit out of them.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 PC_Rocks

@parkerrand said:

No i just saw it running on a PS5. I'm curious what desktop equivalent GPU( specifically Nvidia) do you think I could get that would match a PS5?

No, you didn't. You saw the video of a demo who Epic said was running on a PS5 dev kit. Just like another Epic engineer said the same demo runs on RTX 2080 laptop at 40FPS+. The engineer also said that the target is to get this demo to run at 60FPS on the same laptop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5ecb2310ef8c3

@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

No, you didn't. You saw the video of a demo who Epic said was running on a PS5 dev kit. Just like another Epic engineer said the same demo runs on RTX 2080 laptop at 40FPS+. The engineer also said that the target is to get this demo to run at 60FPS on the same laptop.

I thought he said the goal was to get it to 60 fps on next gen? Regardless what Nvidia desktop gpu can I get today would be on par with a PS5?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 55630 Posts

TC did another drive-by thread post lol. Not a single post since inception.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46452 Posts

I booted up ArmA 3 the other day which runs like shit on any system and I was playing it at about 35-40 fps and I could not stand it. It was a HUGE difference from what I am accustomed to, which is generally 60+ (often way over 60).

Low IQ? Won't notice a difference? Bulllllllllllllllshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

@pc_rocks said:
@Juub1990 said:

Lol at console plebs.

It wouldn't be so funny if they accepted what they were or stopped trying to compete, but they just bring it on themselves.

@BassMan said:
@SecretPolice said:
@BassMan said:
@SecretPolice said:

With SuperMighty XseX MonsterBox, 8K 120 fps will be the norm so I'm good. :P

What... Why??

lolol :P

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 362 Posts

I tend to play on a lot of older consoles, especially the PS1/ps2, so I'm more used to slower frame-rates. Yes, 60 FPS is better than 30 FPS but personally, it doesn't bother me that much.

That being said, next gen consoles have no excuse to be 30 FPS in 1080p.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16085 Posts

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:

I will just say this, and that's the laster race needs to argue higher frame rates, I mean how else are they going to justify wasting so much money on their e-mail machines lol.

Its been proven that in every gen, consoles are far behind PC.

And every gen its a proven fact that hermits port beg console games, but, but PC are ahead LOL.

Also there will be more people playing on powerful consoles next gen than people playing on PC's more powerful than next gen consoles, including yours :)

Console gamers beg for PC games all the time. I already owned u on The Laster Race argument. There are more games that start off on PC and later come to consoles than the other way around. So, that card is not available to you. Find another one to play.

Geez you're full of shit, I mean name 1 console gamer who begs for PC games, no one is begging for Star Citizen lol.

And you have never owned me, you have and do owns yourself on a regular basis when you say playing at 30fps is not playing properly you clown.

Have fun lasterracer lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 8590 Posts

Everyone knows that. 60fps still plays better.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 I_P_Daily

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Championing for 30fps is such a broke ass console pleb move it hurts.

@i_p_daily said:

I will just say this, and that's the laster race needs to argue higher frame rates, I mean how else are they going to justify wasting so much money on their e-mail machines lol.

You're arguing against better hardware now? Okay, don't buy an Xbox Series X since you're so content with what you have. 🤣

Nuff said.
Nuff said.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 15453 Posts

Try 60fps for a week and then try and go back to 30 and then tell me its low IQ.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#76 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9995 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

The whole console 30fps thing is overblown. There are games on consoles that are 60fps. Depends on the type of game it is. There are only certain games like Witcher 3 for example, where consoles really struggle. But even when I tried playing the PC version on my computer, I couldn't achieve 60fps on 1440p ultra wide. What am I going to do? Spend $500/$600 on a new graphics card? Nope. People who constantly buy new graphics card are a small minority of gamers.

you could, uh, I dont know, lower the settings?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#77  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39025 Posts

@with_teeth26

Lower settings makes one a peasant.😜

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 12556 Posts

Written like someonewho hasn't had the chance to compare.

It's not snobbery - it's simply false that only racing games make higher framerates worthwhile. Play TW3 at 30fps and then kick it to 60 and tell me it isn't dramatically more playable. Or that Bloodborne video the other day... Jeez you could see the difference man.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 1560 Posts

30 FPS is dogshit.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 25908 Posts

@Pedro said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

The whole console 30fps thing is overblown. There are games on consoles that are 60fps. Depends on the type of game it is. There are only certain games like Witcher 3 for example, where consoles really struggle. But even when I tried playing the PC version on my computer, I couldn't achieve 60fps on 1440p ultra wide. What am I going to do? Spend $500/$600 on a new graphics card? Nope. People who constantly buy new graphics card are a small minority of gamers.

you could, uh, I dont know, lower the settings?

Lower settings makes one peasant.😜

lol. I was ok with 40-45 fps, I still wanted the game to look beautiful.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Dagubot
Member since 2020 • 202 Posts

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12097 Posts

@mtron32 said:

LOL, why do PC gamers assume console players don't also have PCs?

LOL, why don't you ask a PC-only gamer?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 12097 Posts

Also, I tip my hat to TC. Excellent work.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6747 Posts

@dagubot: Nah...I got into PC gaming years ago and that cracker tasted just as bland as it looked.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10841 Posts

After getting my Samsung Q6FN and playing games at 1440p 120fps anything below 60fps is just plain intolerable for me. 60fps is barely tolerable for me at this point now that I've experienced 120fps.

I feel sorry for all the people wasting their money being early adopters of HDMI 2.1 TVs because they think the PS5 and XsX will be playing games at 4k with 120fps.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#86  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3889 Posts

60 fps should have been a no brainer standard well over a decade ago for consoles since all high definition tvs have always run at 60hz or higher, first when they came out being 720p and eventually 1080p.

It's low IQ to actually think people should have settled for 30 fps 15+ years ago, let alone today. I was playing quake 3 well over 60 fps in early 2000 on just a mid range PC, I have no idea why console gamers continue settle for the peasant lifestyle anymore.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 173 Posts

@vfighter said:

Nah...I got into PC gaming years ago and that cracker tasted just as bland as it looked.

I think some people just prefer PC gaming and some people prefer console gaming, I don't think PC gaming or console gaming is bland as a fact, different people just have different things they like in a gaming platform. It is all just different opinions and preferences at the end of the day. People in general in this forum do like to pretend their opinions are facts though, I noticed. There are advantages to both and depending on what advantages you prefer, that will end up being what a person likes to play on best as their preferred platform. I also noticed depending on taste and preference what is an advantage to one person is a disadvantage to another, so with such differences in how people think and what they like this argument in general is kind of pointless, since what is best is different to different people.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1275 Posts

@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

The GPU used in the laptop is expected to cost $799

Hermits are frikin insane. A $799 GPU cannot run that demo anywhere near 60fps, yet they will swear consoles are missing out because it runs at 30fps on PS5.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 41886 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

Hermits are frikin insane. A $799 GPU cannot run that demo anywhere near 60fps, yet they will swear consoles are missing out because it runs at 30fps on PS5.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6747 Posts

@latech84: I should have ended that in a "IMO" because for me it wasn't all that, but if you're into PC gaming that's great. I just get tired of the endless fanboy BS on both sides.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 173 Posts

@vfighter: Thanks, I really appreciate that. I fully agree about the fanboy BS on both sides, well said my friend. I get tired of it as well.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BassMan

@i_p_daily:

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 I_P_Daily

@BassMan: See you got no argument. #facepalm

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BassMan

@i_p_daily: We have had these discussions several times. I will keep handing you the Ls for you to collect.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5653 Posts

30 fps doesn't look better than 60 fps no matter how much higher the settings are. I'm sorry.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1542 Posts

Man, console only gamers really blow my mind sometimes. Thank god i'm not one anymore

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10841 Posts
@davillain- said:
@DarthaPerkinjan said:
@parkerrand said:
@pc_rocks said:
@parkerrand said:

It's clear to me that he thinks a mobile RTX 2080 performs the same as its desktop counterpart hence why he is saying an $800 GPU cannot run the demo cannot run the demo near 60fps. Reality is that the RTX 2080 Max Q which is assumed to be the GPU in the laptop and stated by Jensen Huang to be faster than next gen consoles is on par with RTX 2060 desktop GPU. This isn't even factoring in the full mobile version of the RTX 2080 because the Max Q version is basically a 50% underclocked RTX 2080. The full mobile version of the RTX 2080 performs much better and is said to be around RTX 2070 Super performance and Epic stated that the UE5 demo ran pretty good on the RTX 2070.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17367 Posts

The problem with games aiming for 30fps is that when things get hectic that will dip to 15fps.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27820 Posts

If it looks and runs well for me, I don't really care. But obviously, 60FPS is better, and if some users want that, okay.