CHAIN REACTION!!! PS3 exclusives are going down the drain!!!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

saspool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 saspool
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts
[QUOTE="conceru3"]Thang god we have an expert cell programmer here, that has worked on White Engine and KNOWS for a fact that the port is hard to make

IMO it is a month work to fully make the White Engine for 360 CPU or less, frankly so far it has shown nothing that could not be done easilyl on 360, they might even use UE3.0 libraries for 360 to make the port easier

Timstuff

You owned yourself. You accuse me of claiming to be a Cell expert, and then you follow it up with "In my OPINION it would take a month to port White Engine to Xbox 360." You don't know anything about how Cell works, so don't pretend to. I read an entire article on how it works in IEE Spectrum Magazine, so I do know that it is indeed VERY different from Xbox 360's CPU, and why that makes ports so much harder. Programming for PS3 is completely different from Xbox 360 unless you're only using 1/3 of it's power, which is what many multiplatform devs are opting to do on both systems.

Porting FF13 from PS3 to Xbox 360 wont be hard due to engine modularity. The way a game engine is written is that game logic is separate from the system specific code which in return makes it very easy to port to other systems. Considering that the game is being developed by such a large and experienced company you can very well be confident that this is true.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

This is how the chain reaction works. First off a developer isn't confident he/she will make profit on a console, so they make it multiplatform. Another developer sees this and worries the same thing, so he also makes it multiplatform. In this case, the Xbox 360 will be getting so many GREAT titles, that it will start to dominate because of all the good games it's getting from the PS3. When other developers see it doing so well because of all the developers who made it multiplatform, they'll start to do the same thing.

If I was say Hideo Kojima and I happened to see Final Fantasy 13 and DMC 4 go to the Xbox 360, I would know that Xbox 360 will now do even better with these 2 hits, it will sell more. Now I should put MGS 4 on the 360 because of all the other developers doing the same thing, AND because the Xbox 360 will be doing so good with these exclusives and it'll make me TONS of profit.

This Chain Reaction has already gotten too far if you ask me, every small developer will follow now, but so will the big ones. Expect to see a lot of games going multiplatform, because once a few big ones fall, the rest go with it.

RyuHayabusaX
Capcom is a major developer. So thier just one domino. Whether or not they are big enough to hit the remaining ones is in question though. If they do, you can guarentee every single one will fall. This is what happened to Saturn vs PSone. PSone did extremely well, exclusives either left or developers jumped ship and Sega was left in the cold. Anyone who claims that Sony has never "stolen" or gotten developers to switch sides like MS has done this time around doesn't remember the 5th gen at all.
volcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 volcus
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts
I still think sony has a very strong first/second party to keep pushing out quality titles and keeping sony in the game. But in the long term sony will need good sales in order to maintain a balanced developer support - which is pro M$ at the moment. 
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="FatalDomain"]But now that the industry has taken notice of the stumbles and lackluster performance of the PS3 this gen, securing exclusive content will be next to impossible.Timstuff

Yup, just like exclusives for Xbox 1 were impossible due to horrible sales.

Sales for Xbox 1 were not horrible, they were average for the console race. Those sale may have seem nimble by comparison to the PS2 but obviously they were well respected numbers which is why a few third-party devs took a chance with them last gen. So lets take off the beer goggles and realize the performance of a major player such as Sony this gen is completely unacceptable and downright sad....there is no excuse for the PS3 being in its current position this gen!!!

Game On....

Okay, so you're saying that even if PS3 does better than any other system this gen or even it's competitors last gen, if it's not up to the "PS2 standard" then it's a failure. Lemming logic at it's finest. PS3 will obviously sell better than the original Xbox, which had exclusive games last I checked. So I don't know where you get the (incorrect) notion that PS3 will have none.

Well its obvious that we need to review your reading comprehension. You made a statement about the Xbox1 having horrible sales which is completely false which lead to me informing you those numbers were average for a console war but compared to the PS2 sales they seemed like a drop in the bucket. (ie Windows sales more OSes than Linux, but does that make Linux a failure NO!!!!)

Somehow you and your bovine logic twisted my statement (a typical Sony fanboy trait) into your skewed mess. My original statement was about the gaming industry getting the memo that the Cell and RSX are not gifts from the gaming gods and the PS3 performance does not stomp the competition into the ground. The PS3 hardware has comparable performance to the competition which means there is nothin special under the hood like Sony hyped the PS3 to be.....period! Once the smoke was cleared, you started to see devs jumping ship to 360land with IPs that were traditionally exclusive to the PS brand.

Game On...

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
 Could i argue Wardevil being PS3 exclusive ( previously 360 game) and the 3 new PS3 exclusives from Cellies project are infact reversing this supposed trend ...

And that in the end devlopers are looking at PS3 at the moment and could be thinking -- no more DMC4 exclusive, more hype for FFXIII , more people will buy our game on PS3 now becuase of the hype and the "must have" thing exclusives have which is much harder to obtain with exclusives ...
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

But your forgetting two important factors...

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games. Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war. Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier. So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

Sorry to break it to you, but those title mentioned are not system sellers, they are gems for gamers who already invested in the Sony console. Sony's first party lineup is good but not great, it cannot solely support a system (i.e. Nintendo). The Playstation brand was built from third-party hits and the first party lineup compliments the third party exclusives.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now. This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot). So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.

Once again you are misinformed, Blu-ray winning the format war has little to do with the PS3 being successful as a gaming console. As you previously mention the PS3 has no must have games which is severely hurting the PS3 at the moment. The Blu-ray player installed in the PS3 is just a marketing ploy to create the illusion the attachment rate for Blu-ray movies sold = PS3 sales which is false. So by Sony boasting numbers that "x amount of PS3s equals x amount of movies sold" Blu-ray seems to be winning the format war. Until you walk into a Walmart and see a Blu-ray player for less than $200, then you can say the format has won. Also if the format does win, the general public (non-gamers) will not buy a PS3 for its player, they will buy a standalone player, thus PS3 sales will remain the same.

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360. It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now. Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

As a seasoned gamer I have witnessed several market leaders and the shift of powers dealing with third party devs. Once the industry shifts its positon during a console generation, it remains that way until the next generation comes around. So with the industry giving Sony the cold shoulder this gen, dont expect the shift of power to change in favor of the PS3. Sony and its PS3 is the only console that doesnt seem to understand that the console gen started back in 2005 and that the industry wont wait for anyone to start making money. With Sony missing its opportunity to squash MS and Ninty before they got started, they assumed the industry would remain loyal to them....they were wrong! Business is business and it all boils down to what console can generate the greatest profit.

Once the smoke and mirrors campaign of the PS3 was over, the gaming community now knows that the console for gaming is the 360 which is why it is gaining the PS3s most treasured third-party franchises. One would be naive to not see the drastic third-party shift from the Sony platform this gen and while the PS3 may not "fail", dont expect it to reinvent itself this gen....This console race may not be over, but contrary to fanboy belief, Sony is still at the starting gate trying to figure out a stategy to save face this gen.

gsx1100

Game On....

GT5 is definitley going to be a system seller,and with the success of Gow2 I'm sure that the PS3 version will sell some consoles as well.And while it might have lost some third party exclusives to the 360 they are still on the PS3.

Blu Ray winning the format war can only help the PS3 and Sony.

The gaming press might have turned on Sony but their developer support is still as strong as ever.

Once more people start seeing what the PS3 is capable of and they bring in a price drop its going to be game over for MS.Now that the PS3 is avaible worlwide it will slowly start gaining on the 360.

The Wii is not competing for the same market that the PS3 and 360 are.

GT was never a system seller in the past, what makes another sequel so special to start bringing in the customers now? I will give credit to GT being an important franchise, but the title does not sell systems, they just sell a boatload of copies to gamers who already invested in a Sony console.

Blu-ray winning the format war can only help Sony as a whole, not nccessarily the PS3. Its already been proven that Blu-ray is not needed for gaming (PC and 360 have proved that mute point), so all thats really left for the Blu-ray drive in the PS3 is to play movies. IF Sony wins the format war they will be interested in getting more standalone systems in homes rather than the PS3. The PS3 is a temporary tool used to tout big numbers of Blu-ray players in homes, not the attachment rate of movies with those systems.

The gaming industry as a whole (which includes the press) has turned its back on Sony. Dev support is at a all time low with devs making their once Sony exclusive IPs multiplat. This is a rude awakening for the Sony camp and spells DOOM across the board. No matter how you spin it, flip it, or sugar coat it, Sony has a serious problem this gen regarding the gaming aspect of its PS3.

Not sure how the Wii got in the discussion but the Wii may not be in the same "market" as the 360 or PS3 but they are still competing for the same dollars as the powerhouse systems!!! This lil tidbit is what the PS3 fans are completely ignoring, they see the Wii as a nuisance instead of a threat which is why the Wii is stomping the PS3 into the ground globally and threatening the 360 in sales.

Game On...

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games.  Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war.  Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier.  So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now.  This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot).  So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.  

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360.  It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now.  Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

oldskooler79
Agree with most of your points. I think PS3 will have a future if it can stem the tide of bad publicity, drop the price and get a few great exclusive system sellers out the door. What I'm worried about though is the next damage coming this year. IMO this will be 360's year and if PS3 can keep just behind and keep the damage to a minimum then they should pick up 2008/09. But I'm worried by the exclusive games 360 has out this year compared to the PS3. Some BIG hitters in HALO3 and MASS EFFECT and i expect 360 to have THE version of GTA. And the announcement of a FF game for 360 which I'm not gonna argue about, but I have a source in a mag (like everybody else here I know!) that says he's confident one is already being developed. Then the rumours of MGS4 being ported will start again. Other damage control will happen as MS increase Live options and the new 360 gets released and price drops. = I totally agree PS3 will develop into a beautiful console in a year or two. I just hope its not given up on in the nxt 6 months. Coz the casuals are coming this Xmas.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
Ummm....... Yeah........ Anyway you do know that this will probably happen to the 360 as well in the long run. You have to put into account that the 360 is not doing so well in Japan and well the prices this generation are the **** in comparison with the others. Not everything will go exclusive to Microsoft unless they harness the power of their deep pockets and even then they will have to be carefull about it.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="conceru3"]Thang god we have an expert cell programmer here, that has worked on White Engine and KNOWS for a fact that the port is hard to make

IMO it is a month work to fully make the White Engine for 360 CPU or less, frankly so far it has shown nothing that could not be done easilyl on 360, they might even use UE3.0 libraries for 360 to make the port easier

saspool

You owned yourself. You accuse me of claiming to be a Cell expert, and then you follow it up with "In my OPINION it would take a month to port White Engine to Xbox 360." You don't know anything about how Cell works, so don't pretend to. I read an entire article on how it works in IEE Spectrum Magazine, so I do know that it is indeed VERY different from Xbox 360's CPU, and why that makes ports so much harder. Programming for PS3 is completely different from Xbox 360 unless you're only using 1/3 of it's power, which is what many multiplatform devs are opting to do on both systems.

Porting FF13 from PS3 to Xbox 360 wont be hard due to engine modularity. The way a game engine is written is that game logic is separate from the system specific code which in return makes it very easy to port to other systems. Considering that the game is being developed by such a large and experienced company you can very well be confident that this is true.

That sums it up nicely

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

This is how the chain reaction works. First off a developer isn't confident he/she will make profit on a console, so they make it multiplatform. Another developer sees this and worries the same thing, so he also makes it multiplatform. In this case, the Xbox 360 will be getting so many GREAT titles, that it will start to dominate because of all the good games it's getting from the PS3. When other developers see it doing so well because of all the developers who made it multiplatform, they'll start to do the same thing.

If I was say Hideo Kojima and I happened to see Final Fantasy 13 and DMC 4 go to the Xbox 360, I would know that Xbox 360 will now do even better with these 2 hits, it will sell more. Now I should put MGS 4 on the 360 because of all the other developers doing the same thing, AND because the Xbox 360 will be doing so good with these exclusives and it'll make me TONS of profit.

This Chain Reaction has already gotten too far if you ask me, every small developer will follow now, but so will the big ones. Expect to see a lot of games going multiplatform, because once a few big ones fall, the rest go with it. 

RyuHayabusaX

Good points. Only thing is. I could care less about any of those 3 games because I have never been a fan of any of them.  :shock:

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts
some 360 exclusives are goint to the ps3 too. next gen video games budget are too high to be a exclusivepalaric8
Yes, but when choosing which console to buy out of the two, the extra (if any) bells and whistles for the PS3 versions of * insert anymultiplat game* doesn't warrant the much higher price point.
ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

RyuHayabusaX

Your post has nothing to do with reality most of the gamers are still playing their ps2 and when they upgrade they will most likely get a ps3. When I go to jamaica, canada and the uk to see my family everybody want a ps3 and has a ps2. Sure ms has done a decent job with the headstart but the ps brand is to strong for them to overcome jus like dat!!

You can go anywhere they play games and the playstation is the system everybody got and the ps3 is the system everybody wants. All the games from the ps2 are still coming to the ps3 so what if a couple of game also come out on the 360 big deal. If sony has anybody to worry about it's the sudden return of nintendo with the wii. Also most people unlike me in nyc don't game online so live is not a big deal to dem. Yea the 360 is a good system but sony is da don dada de champ !!

Ya musa mad ifa ya tink yu can knockout da champ wid jusa couple jab ina di 1st bloodclot round !!!

Sony a gon murder dem fossie at micro bumoclot soft an dem parrow of da ps3 ana try buy out company to try slow down de champ!!

Sorry you fanboi just get me vex wid all dis laba laba bout da 360 :evil: like it ada topa topa when dem jus a come ana sony trample dem to roted last time ja know !!

360 sell a couple million unit more ana puff up dem chest lik a lickle chiwawa in front of a slepping pitbull. You fe move an go way till da ps2 dead an everybody buy de tree-60 den you fe talk !!

Zandeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Zandeus
Member since 2006 • 3124 Posts
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games. Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war. Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier. So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

Sorry to break it to you, but those title mentioned are not system sellers, they are gems for gamers who already invested in the Sony console. Sony's first party lineup is good but not great, it cannot solely support a system (i.e. Nintendo). The Playstation brand was built from third-party hits and the first party lineup compliments the third party exclusives.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now. This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot). So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.

Once again you are misinformed, Blu-ray winning the format war has little to do with the PS3 being successful as a gaming console. As you previously mention the PS3 has no must have games which is severely hurting the PS3 at the moment. The Blu-ray player installed in the PS3 is just a marketing ploy to create the illusion the attachment rate for Blu-ray movies sold = PS3 sales which is false. So by Sony boasting numbers that "x amount of PS3s equals x amount of movies sold" Blu-ray seems to be winning the format war. Until you walk into a Walmart and see a Blu-ray player for less than $200, then you can say the format has won. Also if the format does win, the general public (non-gamers) will not  buy a PS3 for its player, they will buy a standalone player, thus PS3 sales will remain the same.

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360. It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now. Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

As a seasoned gamer I have witnessed several market leaders and the shift of powers dealing with third party devs. Once the industry shifts its positon during a console generation, it remains that way until the next generation comes around. So with the industry giving Sony the cold shoulder this gen, dont expect the shift of power to change in favor of the PS3. Sony and its PS3 is the only console that doesnt seem to understand that the console gen started back in 2005 and that the industry wont wait for anyone to start making money. With Sony missing its opportunity to squash MS and Ninty before they got started, they assumed the industry would remain loyal to them....they were wrong! Business is business and it all boils down to what console can generate the greatest profit.

Once the smoke and mirrors campaign of the PS3 was over, the gaming community now knows that the console for gaming is the 360 which is why it is gaining the PS3s most treasured third-party franchises. One would be naive to not see the drastic third-party shift from the Sony platform this gen and while the PS3 may not "fail", dont expect it to reinvent itself this gen....This console race may not be over, but contrary to fanboy belief, Sony is still at the starting gate trying to figure out a stategy to save face this gen.

gsx1100

Game On.... 

GT5 is definitley going to be a system seller,and with the success of Gow2 I'm sure that the PS3 version will sell some consoles as well.And while it might have lost some third party exclusives to the 360 they are still on the PS3.

Blu Ray winning the format war can only help the PS3 and Sony.

The gaming press might have turned on Sony but their developer support is still as strong as ever.

Once more people start seeing what the PS3 is capable of and they bring in a price drop its going to be game over for MS.Now that the PS3 is avaible worlwide it will slowly start gaining on the 360.

The Wii is not competing for the same market that the PS3 and 360 are.

LOL you think the PS3 is gonna get a price drop b4 the 360??   LOL UR "SMRT"

ilovesnowboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ilovesnowboard
Member since 2007 • 541 Posts
You're right. It's a cycle...the developers know that the number of 360 owner will just keep growing and growing when ps3 looses exclusives, and therefore..bring their ps3 exclusives to the 360:)
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

You're right. It's a cycle...the developers know that the number of 360 owner will just keep growing and growing when ps3 looses exclusives, and therefore..bring their ps3 exclusives to the 360:)ilovesnowboard

DMC4 is proof enough that FF13 is coming as well

mig-fulcrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mig-fulcrum
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
I think that eventually, the only exclusive titles will be the first (or maybe second) party ones.  People are better off buying a console base on if they perfer Sony, Nintendo, or MS first party games. 
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#67 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26101 Posts

down the drain? hahahahahah

wow, dude, i will be playing mgs and ff while you are still praying for them to come out for ur lastbox360

GermanShepard06

That's all?

Ain't there any more games to play?

Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
some 360 exclusives are goint to the ps3 too. next gen video games budget are too high to be a exclusivepalaric8
Like what? Even if Dead Rising and Lost Planet did go to PS3, those aren't system sellers. DMC4, MGS4, and FFXIII are, however.