CHAIN REACTION!!! PS3 exclusives are going down the drain!!!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts

This is how the chain reaction works. First off a developer isn't confident he/she will make profit on a console, so they make it multiplatform. Another developer sees this and worries the same thing, so he also makes it multiplatform. In this case, the Xbox 360 will be getting so many GREAT titles, that it will start to dominate because of all the good games it's getting from the PS3. When other developers see it doing so well because of all the developers who made it multiplatform, they'll start to do the same thing.

If I was say Hideo Kojima and I happened to see Final Fantasy 13 and DMC 4 go to the Xbox 360, I would know that Xbox 360 will now do even better with these 2 hits, it will sell more. Now I should put MGS 4 on the 360 because of all the other developers doing the same thing, AND because the Xbox 360 will be doing so good with these exclusives and it'll make me TONS of profit.

This Chain Reaction has already gotten too far if you ask me, every small developer will follow now, but so will the big ones. Expect to see a lot of games going multiplatform, because once a few big ones fall, the rest go with it. 

Flaming_Smoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Flaming_Smoke
Member since 2006 • 2132 Posts
Good points man.
nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
Your right, the cycle has begun, less exclusives = less PS3 sold = less exclusives = less PS3 sold (repeat to flop)
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
some 360 exclusives are goint to the ps3 too. next gen video games budget are too high to be a exclusive
MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
I dont think they are loosing exclusives its just that publishers and developers have realized that with big teams and long development cycles u need to go multiplatform to make a profit.
donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts

Just like the GC and RE4.

dreadlord12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dreadlord12345
Member since 2006 • 3073 Posts
give me rfom 2 on the 360 and ill trade in my ps3 for 1
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26101 Posts

That is true,

That also explains the sudden release of so many Wii games lately.

WIth the Wii sudden success, developers have to hurry to get games to the Wii. And because they didn't have enough time to make a NEW game, they released dozens of ports.

GENIOUS!

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

This is how the chain reaction works. First off a developer isn't confident he/she will make profit on a console, so they make it multiplatform. Another developer sees this and worries the same thing, so he also makes it multiplatform. In this case, the Xbox 360 will be getting so many GREAT titles, that it will start to dominate because of all the good games it's getting from the PS3. When other developers see it doing so well because of all the developers who made it multiplatform, they'll start to do the same thing.

If I was say Hideo Kojima and I happened to see Final Fantasy 13 and DMC 4 go to the Xbox 360, I would know that Xbox 360 will now do even better with these 2 hits, it will sell more. Now I should put MGS 4 on the 360 because of all the other developers doing the same thing, AND because the Xbox 360 will be doing so good with these exclusives and it'll make me TONS of profit.

This Chain Reaction has already gotten too far if you ask me, every small developer will follow now, but so will the big ones. Expect to see a lot of games going multiplatform, because once a few big ones fall, the rest go with it.

RyuHayabusaX
But everyone wants to be unique in their own way, thus not letting big franchises go multiplatform.
Twisted_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Twisted_Hawk
Member since 2005 • 579 Posts
They might do that, but I just do not see MGS4 as doing all that well on the Xbox 360. It's targeted towards the Japanese audience, not the American audience, which I see two major differences between. Japan feels more like Storylines and CGI movies, while America feels more like Shooters and Racing games.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

But your forgetting two important factors...

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games.  Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war.  Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier.  So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now.  This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot).  So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.  

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360.  It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now.  Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

down the drain? hahahahahah

wow, dude, i will be playing mgs and ff while you are still praying for them to come out for ur lastbox360

WiiNut6493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 WiiNut6493
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

Your so right. i hardly see any exclusives for the ps3. And they are getting desperate.  I mean first the copy nintendos motion sensor controller, then HOME? WTF they copied the wii sports and mii's. SONY is gonna crash and burn into their own grave. and why devolpers are going multi platform is because they know if sony goes down they get sucked in to. so they have to have back up companies to go make games for. I mean sony is so high on their crap that they think they will have a PS9 out in 2072. I will be to old and dried up to care. I mean earth could be like a barren wasteland by then. Terminators will walk the earth searching for humans! let me tell you what goes up must come down and sony is about to drive straight into the grand canyon.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
The PS3 holds exclusives as good as the Sega Saturn did. Any good game on the Saturn was also on the PS1.
Infinatey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Infinatey
Member since 2006 • 1059 Posts
There are wat to many things to take into account....honestly people should stop trying to act as if they have a business degree and just watch how things play out.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games. Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war. Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier. So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

Sorry to break it to you, but those title mentioned are not system sellers, they are gems for gamers who already invested in the Sony console. Sony's first party lineup is good but not great, it cannot solely support a system (i.e. Nintendo). The Playstation brand was built from third-party hits and the first party lineup compliments the third party exclusives.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now. This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot). So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.

Once again you are misinformed, Blu-ray winning the format war has little to do with the PS3 being successful as a gaming console. As you previously mention the PS3 has no must have games which is severely hurting the PS3 at the moment. The Blu-ray player installed in the PS3 is just a marketing ploy to create the illusion the attachment rate for Blu-ray movies sold = PS3 sales which is false. So by Sony boasting numbers that "x amount of PS3s equals x amount of movies sold" Blu-ray seems to be winning the format war. Until you walk into a Walmart and see a Blu-ray player for less than $200, then you can say the format has won. Also if the format does win, the general public (non-gamers) will not  buy a PS3 for its player, they will buy a standalone player, thus PS3 sales will remain the same.

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360. It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now. Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

As a seasoned gamer I have witnessed several market leaders and the shift of powers dealing with third party devs. Once the industry shifts its positon during a console generation, it remains that way until the next generation comes around. So with the industry giving Sony the cold shoulder this gen, dont expect the shift of power to change in favor of the PS3. Sony and its PS3 is the only console that doesnt seem to understand that the console gen started back in 2005 and that the industry wont wait for anyone to start making money. With Sony missing its opportunity to squash MS and Ninty before they got started, they assumed the industry would remain loyal to them....they were wrong! Business is business and it all boils down to what console can generate the greatest profit.

Once the smoke and mirrors campaign of the PS3 was over, the gaming community now knows that the console for gaming is the 360 which is why it is gaining the PS3s most treasured third-party franchises. One would be naive to not see the drastic third-party shift from the Sony platform this gen and while the PS3 may not "fail", dont expect it to reinvent itself this gen....This console race may not be over, but contrary to fanboy belief, Sony is still at the starting gate trying to figure out a stategy to save face this gen.

oldskooler79

Game On.... 

diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

The 360s are going to fall as well. First the great Ninja Gaiden and then a big seller Saints Row and more to soon follow considering what 1up knows is coming.

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

RyuHayabusaX

Even the most impossible of the all, Ace Comabt made the jump, DMC4 too, FF13 is just around the corner too

At least Ninja Gaiden 2 will be first on 360, and keep time excluisovity for 1-2 years !!! Same with bioshock, Mass Effect, Two Worlds and Elveon, they MIGHT come to PS3, but far later, when noone will really care, plus who would want the PS3 version with the washed out colors like Oblivion has ?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?Timstuff
Agreed.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FatalDomain

LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?Timstuff

Well its a little too late for that type of action now. If Sony would have approached these companies before launch about keeping its content exclusive it would have been a no brainer for the devs to sign on the dotted line. But now that the industry has taken notice of the stumbles and lackluster performance of the PS3 this gen, securing exclusive content will be next to impossible. For some reason gamers think that the third-party devs and Sony actually have some sort of "friendship" when it comes to exclusive games (i.e see the fanboy rants and boycotts over DMC4 going multiplat). It boils down to money and how much of a return the devs can get from their initial investment.

If you were a dev where your bread and butter comes from your software, (all console preferences aside) would you ride out the storm with a company that had profits in the past but is currently struggling on all fronts, or the company that can almost guarantee a profit (considering if your software is good)? Honestly, what would you do? More than likely you would makes your money and realize that brand loyalty has no place in the realm of business.

Game On...

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
The Domino Theory! :o 360 = Communism! :shock:
Etherninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Etherninty
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts
As soon as MGS4 and FF13 will be ported to the XBOX360, the chain reaction will have reached its limit because there will be nothing good left on the PS3.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
As soon as MGS4 and FF13 will be ported to the XBOX360, the chain reaction will have reached its limit because there will be nothing good left on the PS3.Etherninty
And as soon as I can fly, I will no longer need to pay for gasoline. Oh...I thought we were dreaming of future unconfirmed events.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#25 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

RyuHayabusaX
he's still biased against the 360, seeing games fall from the ps3 just makes his rage more inflamed.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Timstuff

But now that the industry has taken notice of the stumbles and lackluster performance of the PS3 this gen, securing exclusive content will be next to impossible.FatalDomain

Yup, just like exclusives for Xbox 1 were impossible due to horrible sales.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

RyuHayabusaX
good points.
RagingBull2584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RagingBull2584
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

1) PS3 currently has no must-have games. Sony's first party is very strong and all it takes is a few of those titles (GoW, Wipeout, R&C, GT5, etc) to release and that is without a doubt going to change the tide of the current war. Whether or not it will put Sony in the lead is undetermined now, but it will ease the mind of many casuals and along with a pricedrop make their desicion easier. So in the future I expect both platforms to have a superb library.

Sorry to break it to you, but those title mentioned are not system sellers, they are gems for gamers who already invested in the Sony console. Sony's first party lineup is good but not great, it cannot solely support a system (i.e. Nintendo). The Playstation brand was built from third-party hits and the first party lineup compliments the third party exclusives.

2) Blu-ray is winning for the movie format war as of now. This is totally relevant because should it win, all it would take is pricecut of the PS3 to be a an affordable FUTUREPROOF blu-ray player (that happens to play games, which standalones cannot). So, should blu-ray win you can expect a major boost in PS3 sales somewhere down the line.

Once again you are misinformed, Blu-ray winning the format war has little to do with the PS3 being successful as a gaming console. As you previously mention the PS3 has no must have games which is severely hurting the PS3 at the moment. The Blu-ray player installed in the PS3 is just a marketing ploy to create the illusion the attachment rate for Blu-ray movies sold = PS3 sales which is false. So by Sony boasting numbers that "x amount of PS3s equals x amount of movies sold" Blu-ray seems to be winning the format war. Until you walk into a Walmart and see a Blu-ray player for less than $200, then you can say the format has won. Also if the format does win, the general public (non-gamers) will not  buy a PS3 for its player, they will buy a standalone player, thus PS3 sales will remain the same.

The devs will keep these things in mind, as well as watching third party multiplats going to 360. It works both ways, and the one fact that nobody should deny is that it's too early to make any drastic assumption now. Give it another year or two to let the dust settle in.

As a seasoned gamer I have witnessed several market leaders and the shift of powers dealing with third party devs. Once the industry shifts its positon during a console generation, it remains that way until the next generation comes around. So with the industry giving Sony the cold shoulder this gen, dont expect the shift of power to change in favor of the PS3. Sony and its PS3 is the only console that doesnt seem to understand that the console gen started back in 2005 and that the industry wont wait for anyone to start making money. With Sony missing its opportunity to squash MS and Ninty before they got started, they assumed the industry would remain loyal to them....they were wrong! Business is business and it all boils down to what console can generate the greatest profit.

Once the smoke and mirrors campaign of the PS3 was over, the gaming community now knows that the console for gaming is the 360 which is why it is gaining the PS3s most treasured third-party franchises. One would be naive to not see the drastic third-party shift from the Sony platform this gen and while the PS3 may not "fail", dont expect it to reinvent itself this gen....This console race may not be over, but contrary to fanboy belief, Sony is still at the starting gate trying to figure out a stategy to save face this gen.

FatalDomain

Game On.... 

NOT SYSTEM SELLERS??? LMAO what rock are you living under, GOW and GT alone are franchises that sell just as good as Gears and halo, So dont sit there and try to say God of war and GT arent system sellers, I know tons people that didnt come near a PS3 until God of war and GT was released then they bought
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FatalDomain

[QUOTE="FatalDomain"]But now that the industry has taken notice of the stumbles and lackluster performance of the PS3 this gen, securing exclusive content will be next to impossible.Timstuff

Sales for Xbox 1 were not horrible, they were average for the console race. Those sale may have seem nimble by comparison to the PS2 but obviously they were well respected numbers which is why a few third-party devs took a chance with them last gen. So lets take off the beer goggles and realize the performance of a major player such as Sony this gen is completely unacceptable and downright sad....there is no excuse for the PS3 being in its current position this gen!!!

Game On.... 

Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts

That is true,

That also explains the sudden release of so many Wii games lately.

WIth the Wii sudden success, developers have to hurry to get games to the Wii. And because they didn't have enough time to make a NEW game, they released dozens of ports.

GENIOUS!

Willy105

REALLYZ!!! WII HAS NO THIRD PARTY GAMEZ comMIng out this year!! GeNIOUZ!

PS3 gotZ Oblivion and MANY MORe 360 eXCLUSIVEs heading itz wayz!!! Genious

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 conceru3

This was just a comment to make it easier on fans, not that 100% can cover 100.000.000 million $ lost in sales from 360 !!!!

That will never happen

FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FatalDomain
[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

Once again you are misinformed, Blu-ray winning the format war has little to do with the PS3 being successful as a gaming console. As you previously mention the PS3 has no must have games which is severely hurting the PS3 at the moment. The Blu-ray player installed in the PS3 is just a marketing ploy to create the illusion the attachment rate for Blu-ray movies sold = PS3 sales which is false. So by Sony boasting numbers that "x amount of PS3s equals x amount of movies sold" Blu-ray seems to be winning the format war. Until you walk into a Walmart and see a Blu-ray player for less than $200, then you can say the format has won. Also if the format does win, the general public (non-gamers) will not buy a PS3 for its player, they will buy a standalone player, thus PS3 sales will remain the same.

RagingBull2584

Game On....

NOT SYSTEM SELLERS??? LMAO what rock are you living under, GOW and GT alone are franchises that sell just as good as Gears and halo, So dont sit there and try to say God of war and GT arent system sellers, I know tons people that didnt come near a PS3 until God of war and GT was released then they bought

Just like I said, THEY ARE NOT SYSTEM SELLERS!!! Fans who purchase those titles mentioned already have their systems. When those games launch (because none of those title are ever launch titles), the fanbase established are from third-party titles...the EA, Capcom, and Konami games are what brings about the surge in consoles purchased..the first party offering from Sony are just icing on the cake....Just because you and your buddies are waiting for a few titles from Sony to launch before investing in the system doesnt mean the gaming community has done the same....

Game On.... 

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="FatalDomain"]But now that the industry has taken notice of the stumbles and lackluster performance of the PS3 this gen, securing exclusive content will be next to impossible.FatalDomain

Sales for Xbox 1 were not horrible, they were average for the console race. Those sale may have seem nimble by comparison to the PS2 but obviously they were well respected numbers which is why a few third-party devs took a chance with them last gen. So lets take off the beer goggles and realize the performance of a major player such as Sony this gen is completely unacceptable and downright sad....there is no excuse for the PS3 being in its current position this gen!!!

Game On....

Okay, so you're saying that even if PS3 does better than any other system this gen or even it's competitors last gen, if it's not up to the "PS2 standard" then it's a failure. Lemming logic at it's finest. PS3 will obviously sell better than the original Xbox, which had exclusive games last I checked. So I don't know where you get the (incorrect) notion that PS3 will have none.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Timstuff

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?conceru3

This was just a comment to make it easier on fans, not that 100% can cover 100.000.000 million $ lost in sales from 360 !!!!

That will never happen

Will you please stop re-stating this asinine idea of yours? That is not how exclusives work, or else MS would owe Tecmo a lot of money for how much they could have made from Ninja Gaiden on PS2. Now please give up, saying it over and over does not make it any less false.
RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
To those who are saying 360 exclusives are going go the PS3, that won't be happening so often. You forget, developers are CONFIDENT making games exclusive for the 360. Capcom has made loads of $ on Dead Rising(wasn't even hyped, completely new thing) and Lost Planet. Developers will make games exclusive on the 360 because they will make profit with 360's huge audience.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="oldskooler79"]

FatalDomain

Game On.... 

GT5 is definitley going to be a system seller,and with the success of Gow2 I'm sure that the PS3 version will sell some consoles as well.And while it might have lost some third party exclusives to the 360 they are still on the PS3.

Blu Ray winning the format war can only help the PS3 and Sony.

The gaming press might have turned on Sony but their developer support is still as strong as ever.

Once more people start seeing what the PS3 is capable of and they bring in a price drop its going to be game over for MS.Now that the PS3 is avaible worlwide it will slowly start gaining on the 360.

The Wii is not competing for the same market that the PS3 and 360 are.

guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts

The 360s are going to fall as well. First the great Ninja Gaiden and then a big seller Saints Row and more to soon follow considering what 1up knows is coming.

diggyzoom

big seller saints row?you can have it,the only big losses for a system are the games that every system owner is goin to own,.i.e. halo3 for 360,or geow for 360 or mass efect for the 360 or mgs for the ps3.

conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 conceru3
[QUOTE="conceru3"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?Timstuff

That will never happen

Will you please stop re-stating this asinine idea of yours? That is not how exclusives work, or else MS would owe Tecmo a lot of money for how much they could have made from Ninja Gaiden on PS2. Now please give up, saying it over and over does not make it any less false.

Ninja Gaiden could not be done on PS2, FF13 can easilyl be done on 360, as yo uCLERALY see now that PS3 has the power, they do port it

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#39 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
some 360 exclusives are goint to the ps3 too. next gen video games budget are too high to be a exclusivepalaric8
EA titles on a console other than the 360? Who would have guessed it?! :o But seriously, name me some big time titles. :wink:
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="conceru3"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?conceru3

That will never happen

Ninja Gaiden could not be done on PS2, FF13 can easilyl be done on 360, as yo uCLERALY see now that PS3 has the power, they do port it

White Engine is designed around Cell Processors and their multi-SPE architecture. Porting it to 360 would be as big a pain in the butt as porting Ninja Gaiden to PS2.
To those who are saying 360 exclusives are going go the PS3, that won't be happening so often. You forget, developers are CONFIDENT making games exclusive for the 360. Capcom has made loads of $ on Dead Rising(wasn't even hyped, completely new thing) and Lost Planet. Developers will make games exclusive on the 360 because they will make profit with 360's huge audience.RyuHayabusaX
Okay, so what happens when PS3 catches up to Xbox 360 in sales, comes very close, or even passes it? Third party exclusives on Xbox 360 are no more safe than the ones on PS3.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 conceru3
[QUOTE="conceru3"][QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="conceru3"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]LOL, what Lemmings don't realise is that Sony is learning from their mistakes. Why do you think they're talking to Square about making FFXIII perminantly exclusive?Timstuff

That will never happen

White Engine is designed around Cell Processors and their multi-SPE architecture. Porting it to 360 would be as big a pain in the butt as porting Ninja Gaiden to PS2.
To those who are saying 360 exclusives are going go the PS3, that won't be happening so often. You forget, developers are CONFIDENT making games exclusive for the 360. Capcom has made loads of $ on Dead Rising(wasn't even hyped, completely new thing) and Lost Planet. Developers will make games exclusive on the 360 because they will make profit with 360's huge audience.RyuHayabusaX
Okay, so what happens when PS3 catches up to Xbox 360 in sales, comes very close, or even passes it? Third party exclusives on Xbox 360 are no more safe than the ones on PS3.

Thank god we have an expert cell programmer here, that has worked on White Engine and KNOWS for a fact that the port is hard to make

IMO it is a month work to fully make the White Engine for 360 CPU or less, frankly so far it has shown nothing that could not be done easilyl on 360, they might even use UE3.0 libraries for 360 to make the port easier

PS3 won't pass 360 sales anytime soon, as things go it can only get worst, will have at least a 6-7 million difference at all times as it seems or more, and YES Fable 2, Mass Effect, Lost oDyssey, Cry On, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, Halo 3 are all SAFE, will never get to PS3

Avatar image for HyperMetaDragon
HyperMetaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 HyperMetaDragon
Member since 2006 • 5345 Posts
I can't stress how right the TC is. Finally! Somebody intelligent on these forums who knows what they're talking about.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
What i've said for months...
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Timstuff
Thang god we have an expert cell programmer here, that has worked on White Engine and KNOWS for a fact that the port is hard to make

IMO it is a month work to fully make the White Engine for 360 CPU or less, frankly so far it has shown nothing that could not be done easilyl on 360, they might even use UE3.0 libraries for 360 to make the port easier

conceru3
You owned yourself. You accuse me of claiming to be a Cell expert, and then you follow it up with "In my OPINION it would take a month to port White Engine to Xbox 360." You don't know anything about how Cell works, so don't pretend to. I read an entire article on how it works in IEE Spectrum Magazine, so I do know that it is indeed VERY different from Xbox 360's CPU, and why that makes ports so much harder. Programming for PS3 is completely different from Xbox 360 unless you're only using 1/3 of it's power, which is what many multiplatform devs are opting to do on both systems.
360_Degrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 360_Degrees
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
The Domino Theory.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
 I dont see FF13 coming to the Xbox360 for some reason, that would make Xbox360 the perfect console for me, I forsee Sony clinging on the Square Enix.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
lol, coding for the Cell is a PITA and no dev would take the extra time unless it was an exclusive. Which the PS3 won't have many of anymore.
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Timstuff
lol, coding for the Cell is a PITA and no dev would take the extra time unless it was an exclusive. Which the PS3 won't have many of anymore.X360PS3AMD05
Sony just released a free toolset to make it easier so no, you're wrong. PS3 is in no more danger of having no third partie exclusives than Xbox 360 is now. There are strong rumors that Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 will be multiplat with PS3.
como_chingas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 como_chingas
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
ps3 is still gonna have alot of exclusives. no matter how much people will argue on that, they will still make lots of exclusives for ps3. and if u were say hideo kojima and if u knew how BIG of a name you had with a game, then you would know that with your HUGE game you would still make millions cuz it could be what people are waiting for. so hideo kojima basically knows that with mgs4 he will boost the sales of ps3 and still make millions off mgs4.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 conceru3
[QUOTE="conceru3"]Thang god we have an expert cell programmer here, that has worked on White Engine and KNOWS for a fact that the port is hard to make

Timstuff

You owned yourself. You accuse me of claiming to be a Cell expert, and then you follow it up with "In my OPINION it would take a month to port White Engine to Xbox 360." You don't know anything about how Cell works, so don't pretend to. I read an entire article on how it works in IEE Spectrum Magazine, so I do know that it is indeed VERY different from Xbox 360's CPU, and why that makes ports so much harder. Programming for PS3 is completely different from Xbox 360 unless you're only using 1/3 of it's power, which is what many multiplatform devs are opting to do on both systems.

The FACT is that FF13 does not look to have anything special in graphics that would make me think would be hard to port to 360 EASILLY, fair enough ?

And how do you know that in the same game when they use 1/3 of PS3 power, they do use 3/3 of 360 one, which is impossible as well