CD Projekt Red also defeated Square Enix. The king strikes again!!!

• 78 results
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#51 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: Who developed Doom (2016)? Simple question. Why did you feel the need to lie about CP's development costs? Harder question. Insecurity perhaps?

@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: "LOL, you keep deflecting but don´t worry I know you are beaten and can´t come back so have fun kiddo."

Irony is delicious.

And again you showcase just how far down the rabbit hole you are.

Also what on earth are you talking about now? so far it´s been about Square´s games which have been mentioned and proves that their game release history is far better than anything CDPR has produced so far.

As to CDPR´s Cyberpunk development cost, if you disagree with the CEO of CDPR´s words, then call them up and tell them that you a random kid on a forum know better.

Anyways don´t worry I know you have problems with comprehension of facts, so I don´t expect anything but a deflection.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Jacanuk: Poor guy, you got murdered by your own words. Now you're flailing nonsense and conjecture. Not a good day for you, friend.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#53 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19547 Posts

@fedor: Jacanuk is right. Square Enix owns Eidos, IO and Crystal Dynamics. Therefore, the likes of Hitman, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex are Square Enix IPs. It had nothing to do with being developer/publisher, but everything to do with being the owner.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jag85

Square Enix has been on a decline for a while, and is now a shadow of its former self. While CDPR owns the GOG store, which accounts for the large bulk of their value. So it shouldn't be too surprising that CDPR is currently bigger than Square Enix.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Fedor

@Jag85: We were never discussing who owned the ip's.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

Wow, no one riles up cows like CDPR, CIG and Crytek back in the day. I have said that before that cows are most insecure hivemind. They hate good devs just because they think it outshines their Sony devs. Jacanuk DC is LOL worthy.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Jacanuk

@fedor said:

@Jag85: We were never discussing who owned the ip's.

Eh?

Someone asked about which games Square had released in the last decade which was decent. You claimed falsely the mentioned games were not Squares

But again with the deflection, not surprising when you got proven wrong and just dug yourself deeper into a hole.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts
@Jacanuk said:
@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: CP is a hypebeast. It'll make money even if it's bad.

Link to the development costs? Can't find anything about 200 million which makes me think you made it up.

Google is your friend.

"CD Projekt RED wants to ensure that Cyberpunk 2077 is as polished as possible, and are therefore giving themselves more than enough time to achieve this. Kiciński stated that The Witcher 3 cost over $85 million USD (300 million PLN), $25 million (90 million PLN) of which were direct production costs.Dec 24, 2017

But it was well over 300mill pln, not $, which makes it around 100mill $ in development cost so far. And yes I know they love to distinguish between "direct" cost and indirect cost, but outside of marketing cost is cost.

And according to forecasts to make that back in they need to sell well above the total sales for Witcher 3 so far, which is around 20mill.

Cyberpunk 2077 budget is unknown yet. Don't tell us about Witcher 3.

Of course budget for the game is expected to be more than Witcher 3.

Google can't translate Polish language correctly.

@Jacanuk said:

the actual development cost for GTA was around 125mill and another 100mill in marketing.

40 millions are still missing which is roughly the development cost of Witcher 3.

Sony's first party, Kojima, Rockstar etc can't move their ass without big publisher support.

Independent CDPR made great games with limited budget and you can see where they're now.

CD Projekt Red are in a league of their own at this point.

@pc_rocks said:

Wow, no one riles up cows like CDPR, CIG and Crytek back in the day. I have said that before that cows are most insecure hivemind. They hate good devs just because they think it outshines their Sony devs. Jacanuk DC is LOL worthy.

lol profile pic shows that where he is coming from.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fedor

@Jacanuk: No, they asked about developed games. Nice "FALSE NARRATIVE" bro. Lol!

"Yeah their western studios are doing a great job.

"I'm talking about a game they developed though, not published by SE, but actually made by them."

Keep digging yourself DEEPER!

Can you read?

Did Sony develop Last of Us? Or was it Naught Dog? Lmao

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jacanuk

@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: No, they asked about developed games. Nice "FALSE NARRATIVE" bro. Lol!

"Yeah their western studios are doing a great job.

"I'm talking about a game they developed though, not published by SE, but actually made by them."

Keep digging yourself DEEPER!

Can you read?

Did Sony develop Last of Us? Or was it Naught Dog? Lmao

You seem to have a problem understanding simple terms here.

Who owns Naughty Dog? who pays the bills? who owns Eidos? Who owned IO?

This is not that hard and you should be able to understand, even Jag tried to explain it to you, so come on you can do this.

Splintah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Splintah
Member since 2019 • 32 Posts

@Jacanuk being condescending doesn't help people understand you, it just makes them dislike you lol

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fedor

@Jacanuk: We already came to the conclusion that you don't understand the difference between developing and publishing.

Did Bethesda develop Doom (2016)?

Did Bethesda develop Skyrim?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jacanuk

@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: We already came to the conclusion that you don't understand the difference between developing and publishing.

No, we came to the conclusion that you do not understand what owned means.

But it´s ok once you get older you will learn the difference.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fedor

@Jacanuk: Did Bethesda develop Doom (2016)?

Nobody is discussing ownership. That's you moving goalposts.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jacanuk

@fedor said:

Try not to edit posts after a while, it makes it hard to debate and correct your false assumptions.

But since you are asking about Doom and Skyrim, Bethesda is owned by ZeniMax Media, who also owns ID software who developed Doom and Wolfenstein.

So if your question is what games did Zenimax Media make, then the answer would be Doom, Skyrim and any other game developed by any of their subsidiaries.

But don´t worry, I already know that you do not understand the concept of owning, so do not be concerned with the above.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fedor
@Jacanuk said:
@fedor said:

Try not to edit posts after a while, it makes it hard to debate and correct your false assumptions.

But since you are asking about Doom and Skyrim, Bethesda is owned by ZeniMax Media, who also owns ID software who developed Doom and Wolfenstein.

So if your question is what games did Zenimax Media make, then the answer would be Doom, Skyrim and any other game developed by any of their subsidiaries.

But don´t worry, I already know that you do not understand the concept of owning, so do not be concerned with the above.

Lol, was that so hard? Wolf is developed by Machine Games btw.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jacanuk

@fedor said:
@Jacanuk said:

You sure do not like facts do you.

Who owns Machine Games?

And try not to fall back to your normal deflection when you come to terms with being yet again proven wrong.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fedor
@Jacanuk said:
@fedor said:
@Jacanuk said:

Who owns Machine Games?

And try not to fall back to your normal deflection when you come to terms with being yet again proven wrong.

Can you point out to me where I ever argued ownership? Thanks.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jacanuk

@fedor said:
@Jacanuk said:
@fedor said:
@Jacanuk said:

Who owns Machine Games?

Can you point out to me where I ever argued ownership? Thanks.

Nice trolling there.

Well, it´s either that or you lack some serious comprehension skills.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Fedor

@Jacanuk: So you can't? You can't show me where I brought it up and argued about it? Hmm.. Can you show me where I argued about the difference between publishing and developing?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jacanuk

@fedor said:

@Jacanuk: So you can't? You can't show me where I brought it up and argued about it? Hmm.. Can you show me where I argued about the difference between publishing and developing?

Again with the trolling. You must be really bored.

But if you are not trolling, then I cannot help you, I can´t explain it more clear than I have for 20+ posts so far.

ZeniMax Media is the parent company, Square Enix is the parent company, Sony is the parent company so any game made by any of their subsidiaries are theirs no one elses. (unless we are talking about licensed IP´s)

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Fedor
@Jacanuk said:
@fedor said:

Again with the trolling. You must be really bored.

But if you are not trolling, then I cannot help you, I can´t explain it more clear than I have for 20+ posts so far.

ZeniMax Media is the parent company, Square Enix is the parent company, Sony is the parent company so any game made by any of their subsidiaries are theirs no one elses. (unless we are talking about licensed IP´s)

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#73  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14899 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@fedor: Jacanuk is right. Square Enix owns Eidos, IO and Crystal Dynamics. Therefore, the likes of Hitman, Tomb Raider and Deus Ex are Square Enix IPs. It had nothing to do with being developer/publisher, but everything to do with being the owner.

They also own Life is Strange as well despite DONTNOD being an independent developer.

However they DO NOT own Dragon Quest (which is their top grossing franchise), as Horii owns the franchise storytelling, Toriyama owns the artwork, and homophobic war crimes denier nationalist scumbag owns the music. SE just publishes the games outside X and XI, which they developed.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jag85

@texasgoldrush: Square Enix owns Dragon Quest. They always list it as one of their IPs in their portfolios.

And the DQ composer is overrated anyway. The music is one of the things I like least about DQ. It wouldn't be a big loss if Squenix axed him.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush: Square Enix owns Dragon Quest. They always list it as one of their IPs in their portfolios.

And the DQ composer is overrated anyway. The music is one of the things I like least about DQ. It wouldn't be a big loss if Squenix axed him.

SquareEnix cannot axe him, he owns the music of the franchise. That has been the problem.

Horii himself and his Armor Project studio owns the franchise, the franchise is just in exclusive contract with SquareEnix, since the Enix days.

DQ is basically Armor Project, Bird Studio, and Sugiyama Kobo, SquareEnix just publishes most of the games (in fact Nintendo has published some in the West including DQIX). Also SE only developed X and XI. Chunsoft, Heartbeat, and Level-5 developed past games.

I bet Nintendo had to get all four companies on board if Erdrick is coming to Smash.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

SE sold away IO. Hitman 2 is published by Warner Bros.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jag85

@texasgoldrush:

DQ is a joint ownership between several companies, like Pokemon. Which still makes DQ a Squenix IP, the same way Pokemon is a Nintendo IP.

They won't need to pay him if they don't use his music. Just compose new music for the series. The only reason they still use his music is for the nostalgia factor in Japan.

Almost forgot about the Hitman sell-off. Hitman 2 didn't sell too well last year. Seems like Warner Bros didn't do a good job marketing it.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Jag85 said:

@texasgoldrush:

DQ is a joint ownership between several companies, like Pokemon. Which still makes DQ a Squenix IP, the same way Pokemon is a Nintendo IP.

They won't need to pay him if they don't use his music. Just compose new music for the series. The only reason they still use his music is for the nostalgia factor in Japan.

Almost forgot about the Hitman sell-off. Hitman 2 didn't sell too well last year. Seems like Warner Bros didn't do a good job marketing it.

However, unlike other IPs, SE does not have full control over DQ's direction. Maybe the reason why DQ is still great while FF has fallen off.

His music is iconic, you just can't get rid of it. The best course is to wait for him to croak and have a less bellendish successor.