Capcom wants to do more Resident Evil remakes!

• 57 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

I mean, how many more can they do?? A Remake of the original Remake?! Which ones would you like to see, SW? I'd like to see Code Veronica since I never played it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Yup, CV would be the only one that would interest me.

Still tho... GamePass or bust!! lol :P

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

Of course. Easy money.

After RE4R I'm done and want no more remakes. Or just get them when they're 5 bucks, as I did with RE2R.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts

Code: Veronica

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1250 Posts

if you bought any of the 146 remasters of TLOU and plan to buy or upgrade TLOU2 remaster don't be complaining about remakes.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

If they keep selling them, they'll keep doing them. :(

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 348 Posts

Code Veronica was a gem of a game that I played on my PS2. I would definitely buy the remake of this game.

The story of the game was epic. It was a bit emotional as well and rather sad watching what his dad did to her ailing daughter Veronica.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Sure. Their remakes have been solid (i know 3 has problems but still better than other remakes/remasters), so let them.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Please be code Veronica.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

I know RE 5 is the logical next step, but they shouldn't sleep on Code Veronica.

Alternate the behind the shoulders ones with a behind the shoulders remake of a fixed camera RE.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Sure. Their remakes have been solid (i know 3 has problems but still better than other remakes/remasters), so let them.

I feel like RE 3 loses a lot of steam at the end, while all the others are going extra strong as the game continues.

Not sure what it is, and I don't consider it a bad game, but I always get pretty bored with it near the end.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Also have you seen these?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Oh hell yeah! Yes please!

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Only interesting one left is Code Veronica. I mean I guess they could do 0, but I feel like most people didn't care for it. I hope they don't do 5 or 6 for multiple reasons.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50562 Posts

Generally against this, but if they can make RE6 not suck, I'd play that.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

Only interesting one left is Code Veronica. I mean I guess they could do 0, but I feel like most people didn't care for it. I hope they don't do 5 or 6 for multiple reasons.

Nah, 5 is quite fun if you do the co-op. It's not a great game to play solo, though. 6 just sucked, but 5 is worth a remake as long as they make it co-op, again.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Heavily cinematic. Especially the intro. And Nemesis encounters, few as they are, are pretty much cutscenes as well. And waaay too much Carlos. Why cut good Jill content and add weak Carlos content? But whatever. Re4 was the bees knees.

And yeah, watched a bit of RE modding vids. Stalker enemies are great for that.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1055 Posts

They're doing a good job, and some of the older ones (tank controls) are now playable, so I'm OK with this.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#18 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

The original RE redone from the ground up,complete remake. I know they have done the first one still available on the XSX,assuming the PS5 as well,but a 100% remake would be welcomed. Code Veronica would be my second choice.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#19  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

This is good news to me! I'd be 1000% behind a Code Veronica and Operation Raccoon City remake!! You got the time and resources, Capcom. Let's make it happen!

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

Make something new. CV was meh, and doesn't deserve a remake. The rest have already been done, are too new, or just suck.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

This is good news to me! I'd be 1000% behind a Code Veronica and Operation Raccoon City remake!! You got the time and resources, Capcom. Let's make it happen!

I never played RE6. Maybe they can make it better now?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2414 Posts

This is what games being too expensive to make and ideas being too risky looks like.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Remaking re5 is a laughable joke because nothing is to be gained in visuals and gameplay.... Re6 was so bad that it's maybe not even worth the remake...

My vote is to stop remaking games and start making more new ip.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

yes more psvr2 for code veronica.

please sony and capcom make it happen.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#25 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Being creatively bankrupt is easier.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts
@TheEroica said:

Remaking re5 is a laughable joke because nothing is to be gained in visuals and gameplay.... Re6 was so bad that it's maybe not even worth the remake...

Unfortunately they will remake the best RE in Code Veronica next.

I have not purchased a single RE remake and won't ever. I agree they should just make new games, but they killed the RE franchise when they went first person in 7 & 8, so Capcom seem incapable of making a good RE game these days hence the remakes. Basically the franchise is basically dead to me now.

I agree they should make some new ip's, i'd rather them makes new games and fail then remake the same stuff over & over again.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@last_lap: there are benefits to Remakes. Like modernizing the game and/or controls for today's audience. It's also a chance to make improvements as well. If it's a game that was popular, then publishers know there will be a market for it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

They'll probably do CV/5/6. 6 would be good if they got rid of the shitty multiple campaigns with wildly varying quality.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#29 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I bet we'll get Code Veronica or Resident Evil 5 remake before we see Resident Evil 9. I am fine with that as I can't go back to the tank controls of Code Veronica HD.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

They don't have anything left that is worth remaking unless they remake RE1 and increase the game size by 3. I don't want to ever see RE5, and stay as far as possible from RE6. So stop wasting time on the old-easy-money shit, and give me RE9 that is like RE4R-RE2R.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#31 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@SolidGame_basic:

I never played RE6. Maybe they can make it better now?

I actually really enjoyed RE6, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. It's basically like a videogame of the CGI RE movies - if that makes any sense. Hardcore action and no slow moments. It's a big change from older games but that's kinda what makes it refreshing.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:

I have not purchased a single RE remake and won't ever. I agree they should just make new games, but they killed the RE franchise when they went first person in 7 & 8, so Capcom seem incapable of making a good RE game these days hence the remakes. Basically the franchise is basically dead to me now.

I agree they should make some new ip's, i'd rather them makes new games and fail then remake the same stuff over & over again.

I'd take another Lost Planet over another RE game and I didn't even think Lost Planet was that good. Lol.... I'd imagine that these remakes are good for the coffers though, because its been full steam ahead on them for a few years now.

It doesn't surprise me that the suits are looking to make bank on old ip, what shocks me more is that gamers don't have higher expectations for the hobby. Still, with a year like 2023 that had really well received games, few people will mind Capcom slipping in another remake. There's just a lot of good content out right now.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: The question you need to ask yourself is, was there anything wrong with the games back then, and by modernising them you're taking away what made them great in the first place.

And if most casuals played the og games today they would complain about them and stop playing after 10mins Max. Making something more modern doesn't necessarily make them better, it makes them dumbed down for today's audience.

I'd rather at the very least a sequel or new ip's over remakes, but today's gamers have spoken with their wallets and have shown devs that you can make a quick buck from old games.

In the end I'm a Dinosaur when it comes to gaming, so what would I know 🤷‍♂️

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

Resident Evil 5 remake will be dope.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3405 Posts

They should start remaking the remakes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

Capcom hinted they are working on RE1 remaking it as the original is coming up in it's 30th anniversary in 2026, so it makes sense for Capcom to start working on RE1 Remake and hey, I'm all up for the 30th anniversary celebration. But still, I demand Code Veronica Remake Capcom.

Edit: Please consider Remaking Dino Crisis as well Capcom, I'll pre-order it day one if you do😉

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1239 Posts

Re2 remake next hopefully. I can hardly stand to look at those dated 2019 visuals

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Last_Lap

@TheEroica said:
@last_lap said:
@TheEroica said:

I'd take another Lost Planet over another RE game and I didn't even think Lost Planet was that good. Lol.... I'd imagine that these remakes are good for the coffers though, because its been full steam ahead on them for a few years now.

It doesn't surprise me that the suits are looking to make bank on old ip, what shocks me more is that gamers don't have higher expectations for the hobby. Still, with a year like 2023 that had really well received games, few people will mind Capcom slipping in another remake. There's just a lot of good content out right now.

Thinking gamers have high expectations these days is your first mistake, games are getting released broken and devs saying they will fix it over time or making official apologies for the games is the norm now.

Gamers have no standards, and our hobby is infested with casuals and people who just want to play the latest games to stream or make YT videos on to try and make a living. The hobby has mostly gone to 💩

I would love to see the whole industry crash & burn and see what rises from the ashes.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3226 Posts

@davillain said:

Capcom hinted they are working on RE1 remaking it as the original is coming up in it's 30th anniversary in 2026, so it makes sense for Capcom to start working on RE1 Remake and hey, I'm all up for the 30th anniversary celebration. But still, I demand Code Veronica Remake Capcom.

Edit: Please consider Remaking Dino Crisis as well Capcom, I'll pre-order it day one if you do😉

It would be awesome if Capcom remakes Resident Evil 1 again. Code: Veronica definitely needs a remake and maybe Resident Evil 0 as well. I just hope they don't remake Resident Evil 5 instead. I'm not hating on the game or anything but the other RE games should have remakes before 5 does in my opinion.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

A cow they bought all the TLOU remake/remasters/re-remaster is complaining about Capcom remakes.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#41  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

Super Resident Evil 2 Remake Turbo: Special Gold Champion Edition...

But seriously, the only RE game that really needs a remake is Code Veronica. They should've remade that before RE4. But now that they've got RE4 out the way, they can finally get around to Code Veronica.

Other than that, there's really no need for anymore remakes. But if they want to milk it (in typical Capcom fashion), they could do RE Zero remake, then a remake of REmake (lol), and then RE5 remake. A tad unnecessary, but I'd probably still check them out regardless.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

@saint-george said:

if you bought any of the 146 remasters of TLOU and plan to buy or upgrade TLOU2 remaster don't be complaining about remakes.

You had to bring Sony into this didn’t ya?

Sony be living in your head rent free.

🤣🤣🤣

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

RE5 is too new to remake. Leave the stupid remakes to Sony.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SolidGame_basic

@Litchie said:

And Nintendo, who released Super Mario RPG, Kirby Return to Dreamland remaster, Metroid Prime Remastered, Advance Wars 1 &2 Remaster this year, and is releasing Mario vs Donkey Kong, an HD version of Luigi’s Mansion 2, and Paper Mario next year.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#45 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Resident Evil 5 is probably the next remake though I would love Code Veronica as that was my first time playing a Resident Evil game on PS2. I wouldn't mind Resident Evil 6 getting remake and fixing the campaigns and controls and camera.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#46 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 360 Posts

Yeah Code Veronica, and also re-release the original for modern systems please.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@pillarrocks said:

Resident Evil 5 is probably the next remake though I would love Code Veronica as that was my first time playing a Resident Evil game on PS2. I wouldn't mind Resident Evil 6 getting remake and fixing the campaigns and controls and camera.

Nothing else left really makes sense to remake. I guess 5 and 6 if they are going "in order". But they should have started with a (re)remake of the original before going down that remake path. Maybe they can finally do 0 and the original.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Litchie said:

And Nintendo, who released Super Mario RPG, Kirby Return to Dreamland remaster, Metroid Prime Remastered, Advance Wars 1 &2 Remaster this year, and is releasing Mario vs Donkey Kong, an HD version of Luigi’s Mansion 2, and Paper Mario next year.

Damn did Nintendo really remaster/remake that many games, well Nintendo are just as bad as Capcom & Sony.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: What do you mean, "What more can they do", Solid ?

Obviously they have to make a Code Veronica Remake, I never played the original so I cannot wait to see it in 2024-25 standards on the new REngine.

After that, Resident Evil 5 will in 2027 be 18 years old and soon to be 3 generations behind what is current.

Considering Demon's Souls came out the same year and got remade way earlier, Dead Space from 2008 has had a remake and fucking The Last of Us has had a remake it is well about time for a Resident Evil 5 remake.

Not only graphically either. While TLOU, Dead Space and Demon's Souls were all mechanically perfect (pretty much), RE5 was horribly outdated the day it launched. RE5 still has the "stand still to shoot" horrible mechanics from RE4 (which in 2005 were perfectly fine - 2009 not so much).

Thus we need RE5, updated with RE4's combat mechanics so that we can enjoy a modern RE in CO-OP

There's a serious drought of good co-op games so pls Capcom make RE5 great.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Litchie:

Dead Space : 2008 | 2023

Demon's Souls: 2009 | 2020

The Last of Us: 2013 | 2022

Resident Evil 4: 2005 | 2023

Shadow of the Colossus: 2005 | 2018

Resident Evil 5 from 2009. Even if the RE5 remake released in 2024 (highly doubtful) it would still be a YOUNGER remake than TLOU, Dead Space, SOTC and Demon's Souls.

15 years is more than enough time to warrant a remake. The especially when TLOU, DSpace and DSouls all had perfect gameplay mechanics that didnt need to be changed at all.

RE5 on the otherhand was OUTDATED, 14 years ago. Even at launch I was like wtf is this why can't I move and shoot like in MGS4, GEARS 1-2, Uncharted and GTA4? this is rubbish.

RE5 needed a remake in 2014, let alone 2024. its about fucking time RE5 was remade.

RE4 was the most "remakable" game on the market before it got its RE4. Now its RE5.