Capcom wants to do more Resident Evil remakes!

• 57 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45289 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@SolidGame_basic: What do you mean, "What more can they do", Solid ?

Obviously they have to make a Code Veronica Remake, I never played the original so I cannot wait to see it in 2024-25 standards on the new REngine.

After that, Resident Evil 5 will in 2027 be 18 years old and soon to be 3 generations behind what is current.

Considering Demon's Souls came out the same year and got remade way earlier, Dead Space from 2008 has had a remake and fucking The Last of Us has had a remake it is well about time for a Resident Evil 5 remake.

Not only graphically either. While TLOU, Dead Space and Demon's Souls were all mechanically perfect (pretty much), RE5 was horribly outdated the day it launched. RE5 still has the "stand still to shoot" horrible mechanics from RE4 (which in 2005 were perfectly fine - 2009 not so much).

Thus we need RE5, updated with RE4's combat mechanics so that we can enjoy a modern RE in CO-OP

There's a serious drought of good co-op games so pls Capcom make RE5 great.

Yea, I have no clue about Code Veronica or what it's about. I remember a jail cell and the cemetery in the beginning lol. As for Resident Evil 5, that was a great game, I can see them making it better.

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

@last_lap: they killed the RE franchise when they went first person in 7 & 8, so Capcom seem incapable of making a good RE game these days hence the remakes

Agree 💯 prrce. RE7 and 8 were crappy games. They didn't feel like an RE game. I played all main RE games (0 to 6) except the last two.

The media is to blame as they misled the public into believing RE6 was a flop when many gamers loved it as validated by the fact that RE 6 sold nearly 9 million copies - more than RE 9 or Village. RE 6 is one my my favorite in the series.

I don't read media reviews now as they are misleading. They had under-scored Dragons Dogma as well. I skipped the game due to their reviews but now finding out its an underrated gem.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#53  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts
@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: The question you need to ask yourself is, was there anything wrong with the games back then, and by modernising them you're taking away what made them great in the first place.

And if most casuals played the og games today they would complain about them and stop playing after 10mins Max. Making something more modern doesn't necessarily make them better, it makes them dumbed down for today's audience.

I'd rather at the very least a sequel or new ip's over remakes, but today's gamers have spoken with their wallets and have shown devs that you can make a quick buck from old games.

In the end I'm a Dinosaur when it comes to gaming, so what would I know 🤷‍♂️

The old RE games were good for back then but the gameplay is severely outdated, so there was plenty to modernize in that department. They only used pre-rendered cgi images for the levels because the hardware wasn't good enough for what Capcom had envisioned. Sure it worked out but it was barely passable for a survival game.

*There were moments where a zombie could bite you off-screen and you never saw it coming because it was the corner of the screen.

*Aiming manually felt pointless since you could never tell where you were actually aiming.

*Ontop of that, certain weapons were pathetically nerfed like the handguns and knives were practically useless.

*The layout of the ps1 Raccoon city made zero sense and had unusually long alleyways between neighborhoods and did not resemble a city in the US.

Really, the only thing that was even worth keeping from the ps1 games was the music. Aside from that, the remakes did everything better and Raccoon city actually LOOKS like an American city now.

I dunno if I'd consider myself a dinosaur per se but I DID grow up in the 90's and have enough self-awareness to admit that most 3D games from the ps1/64 era aged horribly. The only thing that keeps me from dropping those games on recent playthroughs is nostalgia. Without it, even my favorite games like Tomb Raider and Twisted Metal are kinda trash compared to today's standards.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 913 Posts

RE1 doesn't really need another remake but I would still get it cause it's such a great game and I'd enjoy the new perspective.

Code Veronica is definitely gonna happen someday. Fingers crossed it's in the next 6 years so I can play it on current gen.

RE5 I'll pass

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2462 Posts
@templecow90999 said:

RE1 doesn't really need another remake but I would still get it cause it's such a great game and I'd enjoy the new perspective.

Code Veronica is definitely gonna happen someday. Fingers crossed it's in the next 6 years so I can play it on current gen.

RE5 I'll pass

It's a shame that Capcom did not have the foresight to archive the background images used in the Resident Evil remake. It looks so blurry and pixelated in HD. Fully rendered 3D environments with "fixed" cameras are mostly better than pre-rendered backgrounds, though.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24985 Posts

Resident Evil 5 reworked and redone with RE4 style combat.

its a win.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 6966 Posts

Code Veronica needs it the most but judging from what happened in the RE4 remake, RE5 is obviously next.

I heard rumors that the lady who played the main character in Forspoken will be the face model they use for Sheva Alomar but I'm not sure if that's accurate.