BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11092 Posts

Capcom sez Switch can have DMC5 under one condition... if Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen sells well for the system. I'm not sure what kind of logic that is, buying this less popular game will get you this WAY more popular one. But, that kind of sucks. I mean, in a hilariously cruel kind of way.

Game director Hideaki Itsuno had this to say in a recent inteview

When asked why Devil May Cry 5 isn’t on Switch, Itsuno explained that development started before the team had dev kits. Capcom therefore concentrated on releasing the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. However, Itsuno added that if Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen sells well, they might consider porting Devil May Cry 5 to Nintendo’s console.

https://nintendoeverything.com/devil-may-cry-5-director-says-the-game-might-be-considered-for-switch-if-dragons-dogma-sells-well/

Cut to Itsuno yelling in an Edward G. Robinson accent, "Yah, see? You'll never get this game, see? Get on yer' knees and kiss mah pinkie ring!". Okay I embellished that. But, imagine buying a game console that sells over 30 million units in two years, and they STILL make you port beg for games... by buying old games. Yikes!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol cool.

we got street fighter, monster hunter, resident evil, ookami, ace attorney, mega man,final fight

i think we got the best they have to offer.

devil may cry has been dead for years. cool if they bring it over. doesnt matter much with so many capcom games on switch anyway.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
@KBFloYd said:

lol cool.

we got street fighter, monster hunter, resident evil, ookami, ace attorney, mega man

i think we got the best they have to offer.

devil may cry has been dead for years. cool if they bring it over. doesnt matter much with so many capcom games on switch anyway.

The twelve steps of damage control: Step 1 - Bargaining

You don't have anything NEW they have to offer. LOL!

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

No biggie, got Bayonetta 3 coming instead.

Same thing with Persona 5. Its cool if they release it, but Shin Megami Tensei is coming regardless.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Not surprising. Many third parties STILL don't trust Nintendo and their fans after decades of bad blood. Although it's been at a point where the third parties themselves are just adding napalm to a river of lava for a couple gens now, as Capcom themselves basically screwed over Nintendo's Mega Man fans over both the recent collections (but... but... MM11 and Smash...)

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Define "sells well"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I’d be quite interested in seeing what Devil May Cry V would look like on the Switch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

In my opinion, I'd rather have Bayonetta 3/Astral Chain on Switch since it's designed for the hardware, DMC5 would have to make so many compromises and not to mention, Capcom flat out rejected the Switch version when they announced DMC Collection for both PS4/Xbox One, for no reason other than they didn't wanna bother.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’d be quite interested in seeing what Devil May Cry V would look like on the Switch.

I'll answer that... Shit. I love my Switch, but this port could just be absolute garbage (graphically.)

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Don't really care, Capcom's support of the Switch has been shit.

Ogden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ogden
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

Grate The twelve steps of damage control: Step 1 - Bargaining

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@lundy86_4: Yeah probably but I’m just curious as to what it may look like.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4

@Archangel3371: Yeah, morbid curiosity and all that lol. If they could do a decent job, it would be great having DmC on the go,

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371

@lundy86_4: Oh for sure. It would be pretty cool to have a decent version of DMC V on the go.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15919 Posts

LOL. No hostage situation at all, is it wrong for a game company to gauge interest of their product based on their previous performances? Check if their previous attempts is bringing back any profits? Im sorry but isnt Capcom running a business here? Or am I wrong?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lundy86_4

@sakaixx: In this sense, it's odd. I'd understand gauging interest with a game with a similar genre, or even gameplay. Dark Arisen and DmC are drastically different.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mandzilla  Moderator

@sakaixx: This is similar to the BS Grasshopper tried to pull when they released Travis Strikes Again. 'You want that game huh? Buy this other game first.'

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
@sakaixx said:

LOL. No hostage situation at all, is it wrong for a game company to gauge interest of their product based on their previous performances? Check if their previous attempts is bringing back any profits? Im sorry but isnt Capcom running a business here? Or am I wrong?

But what if people don't want old ass Dragon's Dogma? DMC is the more popular series and 5 is the new hotness. That's like telling somebody they can't have a Snicker's bar without buying stale candy corn first.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FireEmblem_Man
@lundy86_4 said:

@sakaixx: In this sense, it's odd. I'd understand gauging interest with a game with a similar genre, or even gameplay. Dark Arisen and DmC are drastically different.

My problem with the line of thinking Capcom is doing, they think there's only a slew full of Switch only gamers on the market. The console has been out for 3 years already, and Capcom is still "experimenting" to see Switch demands, and they only been ports of old games that have been ported to death since the GC/PS2/OG Xbox era. The only new game that has came out for the Switch is Mega Man 11.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lundy86_4

@FireEmblem_Man: For Capcom's recent boon in gaming, this a definite drawback. The Switch is a viable console... End of story.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FireEmblem_Man
@lundy86_4 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: For Capcom's recent boon in gaming, this a definite drawback. The Switch is a viable console... End of story.

Yep, although, I applaud them for making a huge comeback after how Street Fighter V was treated, and regressed from the trends of Micro-transactions of other 3rd party publishers.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

i.e it's coming anyway and we will overcharge the shit out of you, and it will be vastly inferior to the other versions.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

@FireEmblem_Man: Yeah, Capcom has been on-the-ball with their recent releases. This statement is just dumb lol.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mandzilla  Moderator

@uninspiredcup: Yup, and inferior to Bayonetta 3 also.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KBFloYd

@uninspiredcup said:

i.e it's coming anyway and we will overcharge the shit out of you, and it will be vastly inferior to the other versions.

really? is devil may cry winning graphics awards?

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

The way it work with a Switch as a marketing it much different to the console. Switch have a different audience which maybe not to much the same as a PlayStation. What happen and to why it held off to release it not to be the hostage but to maximize it sales. If Devils May Cry receive very good review and sell very good then what happen when time for a switch release it give publisher slogan for eshop ad to use like “hit game” or “critical acclaime” game arrive on switch. This separate it from other releases.

As gamer it easy to miss why it done this way. It just publisher recognize variances in a market.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KBFloYd

@i_p_daily said:

Define "sells well"

probably 500k or more.

koei tecmo said the same about dragonball fighterz. if xenoverse 2 sold well theyd bring it over. i think xenoverse 2 sold 500k on switch.

dark arisen will be a harder sale though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

More expensive, but will be worse in every way.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sakaiXx

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

My problem with the line of thinking Capcom is doing, they think there's only a slew full of Switch only gamers on the market. The console has been out for 3 years already, and Capcom is still "experimenting" to see Switch demands, and they only been ports of old games that have been ported to death since the GC/PS2/OG Xbox era. The only new game that has came out for the Switch is Mega Man 11.

To be fair, neither Onimusha or Dragon Drogma is on nintendo platform. They could have start with DMC4 HD or DMC collections though but eh, Capcom can gauge on whatever they want. Could do the same as SEGA if Capcom ever port those old dmc games. SEGA port Yakuza on Nintendo, nobody buys Yakuza (as usual with 3rd party on nintendo), SEGA want to do anything with nintendo regarding Yakuza series.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

It definitely wouldn't be an easy port to do.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

To be fair, neither Onimusha or Dragon Drogma is on nintendo platform. They could have start with DMC4 HD or DMC collections though but eh, Capcom can gauge on whatever they want. Could do the same as SEGA if Capcom ever port those old dmc games. SEGA port Yakuza on Nintendo, nobody buys Yakuza (as usual with 3rd party on nintendo), SEGA want to do anything with nintendo regarding Yakuza series.

Fail!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

It's as I said since the Wii U era, third parties are just as much instigating further flames between them and Nintendo just as much as Nintendo themselves are/were guilty of doing.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Meh, Switch doesn't need DMC.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

THey have bayonetta but can see them getting this but not sure how it will run. Hasn't the devs said something about porting to switch in future if they want it.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

What gamer has only a Switch anyway?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: would make sense for them to port it over cuz they would sell a lot more units but whatever. It’s their call.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mandzilla  Moderator

@unrealgunner: Plenty of folks.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16 said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

To be fair, neither Onimusha or Dragon Drogma is on nintendo platform *then. They could have start with DMC4 HD or DMC collections though but eh, Capcom can gauge on whatever they want. Could do the same as SEGA if Capcom ever port those old dmc games. SEGA port Yakuza on Nintendo, nobody buys Yakuza (as usual with 3rd party on nintendo), SEGA want to do anything with nintendo regarding Yakuza series.

Fail!

Welp forgot to add *then on that sentence. How careless of me, fixed it thanks. Point still stands capcom as business is just doing what makes sense businesswise.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I don't plan on buying that game any time soon and if I did I would get it on XB1, hopefully the Japanese make the bigger impact there. They should test the waters with a port of Ninja Theory's DMC game instead.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I'm not sure how the **** you look at DMC5 and see it running on the Switch without massive compromises. That's what happens when you release hardware that's nowhere near the competitons. You lose out on multiplats.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

DMC definitive edition before they get 5.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I love my Switch.... but I wouldnt want to play dmc5 on it anyway. That being said, this game is already a pass for me on my big fancy rig. One of the only capcom series I'm not into.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@KBFloYd: You're on a roll for posting really stupid trolling nonsense lately...ok always.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

3yrs later..& yea full price. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Try not to look at the Nintedo Eshop now, it's like a grinning chimpanzee trying to throw shit at people as they pass by it's pen.

Nintendo fans thinking it's cute.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Fail!

Welp forgot to add *then on that sentence. How careless of me, fixed it thanks. Point still stands capcom as business is just doing what makes sense businesswise.

Yeah... makes "sense". This is basically Capcom on not just the Switch, but Nintendo as a whole right now.

Loading Video...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sakaiXx

@nintendoboy16: yeah we know why, cause it doesnt sell there.

Hopefully Megaman does though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nintendoboy16

@sakaixx said:

@nintendoboy16: yeah we know why, cause it doesnt sell there.

Hopefully Megaman does though.

And don't be surprised if even Mega Man doesn't. I mean, they treated the Switch versions of the two retro collections like a bag of d***s.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BenjaminBanklin
@blackhairedhero said:

I'm not sure how the **** you look at DMC5 and see it running on the Switch without massive compromises. That's what happens when you release hardware that's nowhere near the competitons. You lose out on multiplats.

This is very true. They should be upfront and just tell people they think the game would be too compromised for Switch instead of telling Switch owners they need to buy another game (that's YEARS old BTW) before they can have their newest major titles. That's kind of shitty.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FireEmblem_Man
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Onimusha is on the Switch and Dragon's Dogma is coming out next month for the Switch. I agree that porting the DMC Collection would be a smart move to see demand over Dragon's Dogma. As for Yakuza, the Wii U just wasn't selling to justify the risk as Japan was moving towards Handhelds. I don't believe that port came out west. If there is a portable Yakuza, then Japan will go crazy over it.