Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13622 Posts

It's the same ultimatum we got for Dmc5 in general. Either dmc4 remaster sells well or no Dmc5. Guess capcom is going to force fans to buy dragons dogma just for the sake of portable Dmc5.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#52 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 12446 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@sakaixx: In this sense, it's odd. I'd understand gauging interest with a game with a similar genre, or even gameplay. Dark Arisen and DmC are drastically different.

My problem with the line of thinking Capcom is doing, they think there's only a slew full of Switch only gamers on the market. The console has been out for 3 years already, and Capcom is still "experimenting" to see Switch demands, and they only been ports of old games that have been ported to death since the GC/PS2/OG Xbox era. The only new game that has came out for the Switch is Mega Man 11.

To be fair, neither Onimusha or Dragon Drogma is on nintendo platform. They could have start with DMC4 HD or DMC collections though but eh, Capcom can gauge on whatever they want. Could do the same as SEGA if Capcom ever port those old dmc games. SEGA port Yakuza on Nintendo, nobody buys Yakuza (as usual with 3rd party on nintendo), SEGA want to do anything with nintendo regarding Yakuza series.

Onimusha is on the Switch and Dragon's Dogma is coming out next month for the Switch. I agree that porting the DMC Collection would be a smart move to see demand over Dragon's Dogma. As for Yakuza, the Wii U just wasn't selling to justify the risk as Japan was moving towards Handhelds. I don't believe that port came out west. If there is a portable Yakuza, then Japan will go crazy over it.

Portable yakuza existed.... on psp

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 8623 Posts
@Ant_17 said:

It's the same ultimatum we got for Dmc5 in general. Either dmc4 remaster sells well or no Dmc5. Guess capcom is going to force fans to buy dragons dogma just for the sake of portable Dmc5.

In a way, that works against Dragon's Dogma because it'll just end up making people resent it. Double edged sword here. Heh.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 19951 Posts
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@sakaixx: In this sense, it's odd. I'd understand gauging interest with a game with a similar genre, or even gameplay. Dark Arisen and DmC are drastically different.

My problem with the line of thinking Capcom is doing, they think there's only a slew full of Switch only gamers on the market. The console has been out for 3 years already, and Capcom is still "experimenting" to see Switch demands, and they only been ports of old games that have been ported to death since the GC/PS2/OG Xbox era. The only new game that has came out for the Switch is Mega Man 11.

To be fair, neither Onimusha or Dragon Drogma is on nintendo platform. They could have start with DMC4 HD or DMC collections though but eh, Capcom can gauge on whatever they want. Could do the same as SEGA if Capcom ever port those old dmc games. SEGA port Yakuza on Nintendo, nobody buys Yakuza (as usual with 3rd party on nintendo), SEGA want to do anything with nintendo regarding Yakuza series.

Onimusha is on the Switch and Dragon's Dogma is coming out next month for the Switch. I agree that porting the DMC Collection would be a smart move to see demand over Dragon's Dogma. As for Yakuza, the Wii U just wasn't selling to justify the risk as Japan was moving towards Handhelds. I don't believe that port came out west. If there is a portable Yakuza, then Japan will go crazy over it.

How were the sales?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ant_17

@BenjaminBanklin: like capcom gives a shit. Sheep are going to buy all the resident evil games in hopes re7 remake 2 come.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FireEmblem_Man
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Ant_17 said:

In a way, that works against Dragon's Dogma because it'll just end up making people resent it. Double edged sword here. Heh.

But why make Switch owners buy Dragon Dogma for DMC5? Why not use that to show demand for Dragon Dogma sequel?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 8623 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

But why make Switch owners buy Dragon Dogma for DMC5? Why not use that to show demand for Dragon Dogma sequel?

It makes no sense. It sounds like Capcom just making a preemptive excuse to not port it.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ant_17

@FireEmblem_Man: cause we and the rest will rebuy the next remaster on next gen to make sure the sequel is made.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 FireEmblem_Man
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

It makes no sense. It sounds like Capcom just making a preemptive excuse to not port it.

Bandai/Namco is guilty of it since the Dragonball FighterZ reveal. I guess Switch owner are to blame too, as they did end up buying the port of Xenoverse 2 to show Bandai/Namco there is a demand. Then Bandai/Namco started to ask Switch owners to port beg.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 777 Posts

Currently playing DMC5 on my PS4 Pro and enjoying it. Why would someone want to play this game on the Switch is beyond me. I guess if you dont mind 480p 30fps with reduced everything sure go for it. Nintendo really need to release a Switch Pro or something.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By sakaiXx  Online

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

How were the sales?

well enough for a sequel and TV Show.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sakaiXx  Online

@nfamouslegend said:

Currently playing DMC5 on my PS4 Pro and enjoying it. Why would someone want to play this game on the Switch is beyond me. I guess if you dont mind 480p 30fps with reduced everything sure go for it. Nintendo really need to release a Switch Pro or something.

inclusion or some sh*t

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@KBFloYd: I wouldn't be surprised if DMC V won some graphics awards. It looks insane.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FireEmblem_Man
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@sakaixx said:

How were the sales?

well enough for a sequel and TV Show.

Found it

02. / 00. [PSP] Black Leopard: A New Tale of Yakuza (Sega) - 174.213 / NEW

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/media-create-sales-september-20-26.408772/

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 11405 Posts

Screw DMC5... I'd like Capcom to bring Ducktales Remastered and the two Bionic Commando Rearmed games to Switch.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22708 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

I'm not sure how the **** you look at DMC5 and see it running on the Switch without massive compromises. That's what happens when you release hardware that's nowhere near the competitons. You lose out on multiplats.

yea, because the wiiU got all the 360/ps3 multiplats...oh wait...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By KBFloYd

@blackhairedhero said:

@KBFloYd: I wouldn't be surprised if DMC V won some graphics awards. It looks insane.

lol it looks whatevers

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Blackhairedhero

@KBFloYd: The Wii U spent most of its life vs the PS4/XB1. It was severely under powered vs those console.

And no DMC5 doesn't look whatever. Compare it to Nier Automata, Bayonetta 2 or any modern game in the genre and nothing touches it visually unless you want to compare the new God of War.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KBFloYd

@blackhairedhero said:

@KBFloYd: The Wii U spent most of its life vs the PS4/XB1. It was severely under powered vs those console.

And no DMC5 doesn't look whatever. Compare it to Nier Automata, Bayonetta 2 or any modern game in the genre and nothing touches it visually unless you want to compare the new God of War.

even in the first years of the ps4/x1 most multiplat games were also released on 360/ps3. wiiU didnt get those either. Power doesnt garuntee nintendo gets all the multiplats.

haha dmc5 is a slightly shinier neir automata.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29739 Posts

We should have gotten DMC collection (1-4 plus DmC all in one) on Switch as well.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@KBFloYd: Probably because they didn't sell on the Wii. Your right power doesn't guarantee you will get all multiplats but it can guarantee you don't get them.

And no that's ridiculous. DMC 5 looks an entire generation ahead if Nier: Automata. I don't think anyone who's played both would disagree with me. You could put N:A on switch and it would still look decent... DMC 5 would have to be butchered.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KBFloYd

@blackhairedhero said:

@KBFloYd: Probably because they didn't sell on the Wii. Your right power doesn't guarantee you will get all multiplats but it can guarantee you don't get them.

And no that's ridiculous. DMC 5 looks an entire generation ahead if Nier: Automata. I don't think anyone who's played both would disagree with me.

please ive seen gameplay of it. it looks like infamous 2nd son and bayonetta 2 had a baby.

light/particle effects are nice. thats the gimmick for this gen of consoles. particle effects. infamous 2nd son had tons of it to display the "power" of the ps4.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Blackhairedhero

@KBFloYd: Um the texture detail, level geometry, lighting and character models are light years ahead of N:A. Especially the character models which I'd say are among the best in gaming.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KBFloYd

@blackhairedhero said:

@KBFloYd: Um the texture detail, level geometry, lighting and character models are light years ahead of N:A. Especially the character models which I'd say are among the best in gaming.

characters models? you mean cutscenes? yea those are light years ahead. but actual gameplay the character models are the same as any game this gen.

lighting is nice. and particle effects up the ass. the ground textures are the same budget cut as neir automata.

light years ahead lol

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blackhairedhero

@KBFloYd: This is why you need to play the game. Outside of sub surface scattering the character models are identical to the cutscene's. Again play the game and get back to me.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Coming soon to Switch at 30fps, all low settings and 480p....

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Well I'm getting Dragon's Dogma anyway. Really had fun with it on PS3 but got distracted from it and didn't finish. Plan to beat it this time.

Seems really dumb though, if they were going to gauge interest in DMC on Switch why not the HD Collection or 4?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#78  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 28494 Posts

Because telling Nintendo fans to buy something completely different to what they want, in order to have a chance at getting what they want will totally have a positive effect.

I just say what I usually say when a developer does this. **** off, put that game up your ass and be sure to jam that other game in there as well.