Can you avoid the WII U?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

once it builds a decent library, i MIGHT end up picking one up. for now i have a ps3 and a 360, two consoles that will be betting the majority of games the wii u will be getting. so there's really no use. plus the ps3 has a sh*t ton of amazing exclusives relasing next year. i'm good to wait.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

I have no intention whatsoever of buying a WiiU; the Wii was sh*t and the WiiU looks to be the same. If I bought it, I'd simply play it for a month then it will just collect dust.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
lol how can anyone not avoid that pos?
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#154 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

there is good software coming to the wiiu, but as a piece of tech it has got to be one of the least enthusing console releases ever.

Touch screens seem great for people inexperienced with gaming and appreciate that tactile connection but for an established gamer it is little more than a curiousity and not much of one at that. We've seen touch screens in games before on the DS and elsewhere, and they give a basic idea of how the wiiu will approach games. The other tech upgrades are nothing amazing either. Graphics horsepower, online component, and motion controls are improvements on what we have already but not a huge improvement. A lot of their upgrades are more about catching up to the competition than getting techies to take notice.

I own a ps3. I would like to own a wiiu because I like software, but if I were more excited for the wiiu as tech (and the software that goes along with that tech) then I might get it at launch and pay a bit more. And yes, I did buy a wii at launch largely because I was interested in its technology, and I wasn't disappointed. I never played anything like wiisports before then

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
just like the Wii, i dont have any interest on the WiiU. Its pretty simple, Nintendo doesnt make games I like, so why bother buying their console. Whenever they release a game I would like to play, then thats when I'll consider getting one. They never released anything on the Wii that I had interest on.
Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

Guys I was just curious as GAMERS, how it is that you can possibly avoid the WiiU this Fall when it launches?ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Simple. I'm not a Nintendo fan.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Shouldn't be too hard, I've skipped out on Nintendo consoles since N64.

Gxgear
Gamecube was my last Nintendo console, so I don't see why the Wii U will somehow be so hard to resist. The other consoles haven't even been announced yet, and I have a good PC.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
lol how can anyone not avoid that pos? themajormayor
I avoided ur mum. :P
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#159 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I certainly have the money for it, but alas, I am without the desire for now... maybe down the road if it can separate itself from what the 360 and ps3 already do I'll look into it, but for now, its a no... and easily avoided. I need to see if Nintendo has another approach than just "nostalgia"... I always root for Nintendo, but they never live up to it for me... anymore, anyway.

TheEroica
I feel the same way.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

How will it avoid it? Easy, so far it lacks games I could be interested it that I can't get on other platforms. Hopefully this will change in the future, but for now I won't have problem with avoiding it.

Intense00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Intense00
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts

I'm interested in the backwards compatability

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

I certainly have the money for it, but alas, I am without the desire for now... maybe down the road if it can separate itself from what the 360 and ps3 already do I'll look into it, but for now, its a no... and easily avoided. I need to see if Nintendo has another approach than just "nostalgia"... I always root for Nintendo, but they never live up to it for me... anymore, anyway.

Heil68

I feel the same way.

:shock::D