Can you avoid the WII U?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

yeah, I'm gonna waste $300 on a Wii U to play a bunch of old multiplats and average looking games like Zombie U.... :roll:

LegatoSkyheart

Assassin's Creed 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 are now old.

Why should I spend $300 to get two games that I can have on 3 of my existing platforms?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

yeah, I'm gonna waste $300 on a Wii U to play a bunch of old multiplats and average looking games like Zombie U.... :roll:

Wasdie

Why should I spend $300 to get two games that I can have on 3 of my existing platforms?

They'll be bestest versions!!1!!
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Wasdie

You can narrow it down further. Why would you buy any of those games when you can save £10/$10 and get the PC version where you have options to make the game run and look better and can use what ever control scheme you want?...
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Heil68

My PC begs to differ.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Heil68

That's true... I've always played a game and thought to my self "this controller just isn't big enough and it needs to be more rectangular with a touch screen on it to I can browse menus while simultaneously playing the game"... WiiU has it all. Must buy!
TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

I'm going to buy it at a later date . Buying it at release is a gamble.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'm not avoiding the WiiU, its just my body isnt ready yet :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

That's true... I've always played a game and thought to my self "this controller just isn't big enough and it needs to be more rectangular with a touch screen on it to I can browse menus while simultaneously playing the game"... WiiU has it all. Must buy!

I lol'd..
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

WiiU won't be $100 till probably the Next Nintendo System will be out. By that time you would have missed out on all the Exclusives.

LegatoSkyheart

How can you miss out on something that you could still buy?... :|

Games from Early in the Console Cycle won't always be there when you get them very late in the cycle.

Even if they are there some of them have began to go up in price because they're no longer being Printed.

There's a window to where the Games come out at $60 and then down to $20 or lower and eventually they'll go up again because they're not common to find anymore.

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) is now $23.29 Used and now aparently it's Sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii)is $21.69 used, for example.

I'm just pointing that out.

That is1 thing I like about being dd only with vita, no need to track down a game.Maybe will u will have it since 3ds is starting 2.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm very excited for it. One of the best launch line ups I've ever seen in my opinion. Day 1 for me :)

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

What do you mean? I'm not going to buy it and I (probably...) never will, because I don't want it. Simple as that.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I have little interest in the WiiU.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Just game on PC, and you wont give a rats ass about the wii u.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#65 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I just got a new gaming rig this year, so the Wii U has very little appeal to me at launch. I mean, I could see myself picking one up sometime next year just to be able to have the option to play everything, but my excitement for the Wii U controller is pretty minimal right now. I would honestly be the most excited about the Wii TV feature. And I doubt ZombiiU is going to be anything all that special. I mean, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just don't feel the need to play that game.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I'm still waiting to see more 3rd party support from Nintendo. After 1-2 years, i'll decide whether to get the Wii U or not.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#67 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Guys I was just curious as GAMERS, how it is that you can possibly avoid the WiiU this Fall when it launches? I would think that the vast majority of us appreciate the latest and greatest that gaming has to offer and with the next XBOX and PS probably atleast 6-12 months away if not longer, I persoanlly will be getting a WiiU day one if for nothing else, I get to play ZombiU, Blops 2, Madden 13 and NBA 2K13. Yes, I know 3 of those 4 are multiplats, but just the ability to play on the WiiU tablet is very interesting to me.ShoTTyMcNaDeS
i AGREE 100%. It's a new gen whether posters want to accept or not. I hope it shows that PS4 and 720 NEED this tablet tech. Its fun to watch them scramble to be relevant.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Like most people I know, I pre-ordered 4 wii-u's for the sole purpose of selling them on ebay. I've learned my lesson after wii and to a lesser extent gc, not to buy nintendo consoles at launch because they alone can't produce enough games to interest me. Maybe in 3-4 years it'll have a half a dozen or more games that truly appeal to me instead of waiting 4-6 months in between nintendo releases for a game I may like or not.. So far I'm interested in bayonetta 2, but there's no telling when that game will come out.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#69 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I am not buying one. I haven't seen anything on it to make me buy one, Black Ops 2? Batman? Wii Carnival/Theme Park game? I can already play those games on my PS3, why would I buy a system just to replay them? I also question it's power, I think it will end up being a last gen system again.

I'll wait until the Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario etc....comes out for it.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#70 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I have a Wii and a 360, but I'm still getting a Wii U day 1. Nintendo software is some of the best in the industry and they're the only console manufacturer that does something innovative instead of emulating a PC experience. That being said I hope Sony and Microsoft do interesting things next generation in terms of hardware and software, otherwise I'll stick to a PC, Wii U and 3DS combo.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I'm far from avoiding the Wii U.... I'm comin' at that motha' head on.

Finally the best 1st Party IP's in HD.... WOOT! Can't wait to see what the next Mario/ Zelda will be like.

In the mean time I've got ZombiU, NSMBU, Bayonetta 2 and others to look forward to.

Wii U shall be a nice addition to my gaming library.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Add a BD to it and I would've actually been somewhat interested. I do have the money for it and it's not as expensive (white basic version) as I expected, in fact I'd say it's somewhat cheap.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#73 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Gonna see what Nintendo has in plans for next year. Right now I'm saving money but it might go for Steam Winter Sale or Wii U. Ninty, announce great games for next year and I'll buy the Wii U this Christmas.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

Add a BD to it and I would've actually been somewhat interested. I do have the money for it and it's not as expensive (white basic version) as I expected, in fact I'd say it's somewhat cheap.

danish-death

BD?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#75 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

TilxWLOC

BD?

I'm guessing Blu-ray Drive.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#76 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

I'm definitely going to wait a while and see what Sony does for next gen before I consider buying a Wii U.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

BD?

badosh*
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#78 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

You don't need to tell me sir. The launch window is one of the very best we've seen for a gaming system in a very long time

-Pikmin 3 (Holy mother of GOD! I've been waiting for this glorious game for ages now!)

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Bayonetta 2

-The Wonderful 101

-ZombiU

I cannot deny myself access to the best first party developer in the industry.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

Haziqonfire

BD?

If that is it, it explains a lot, as the PS3 is the only good console... because it plays high quality movies-- I guess?

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TilxWLOC

You don't need to tell me sir. The launch window is one of the very best we've seen for a gaming system in a very long time

-Pikmin 3

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Bayonetta 2

-The Wonderful 101

-ZombiU

Pikminmaniac

... I need a job. I also need to finish Pikmin 2. I was so bad at it, but it was fun. It just isn't the type of game I've felt like playing lately.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="danish-death"]

Haziqonfire

BD?

Exactly. That, and I don't have the time to play on several devices.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

-Pikmin 3

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Bayonetta 2

-The Wonderful 101

-ZombiU

TilxWLOC

... I need a job. I also need to finish Pikmin 2. I was so bad at it, but it was fun. It just isn't the type of game I've felt like playing lately.

Maybe it will help if you practiced in the challenge rooms. Try your best to purple flower them all by not losing a single pikmin. If you can do that, then the main campaign won't seem so bad. God, I've been playing Pikmin games for over a decade and I still get excited and an urge to play them more every single time I talk about them.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

Buy a PC and you also could also get the latest and greatest.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

-Pikmin 3

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Rayman Legends

-Bayonetta 2

-The Wonderful 101

-ZombiU

Pikminmaniac

Maybe it will help if you practiced in the challenge rooms. Try your best to purple flower them all by not losing a single pikmin. If you can do that, then the main campaign won't seem so bad. God, I've been playing Pikmin games for over a decade and I still get excited and an urge to play them more every single time I talk about them.

Why is bayonetta 2 in there?
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 PressXtoJump

glez13
latest? i dont think pc has ever had much to do with nintendo gaming. but maybe this is some sort of brainstorming session?
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

Pikminmaniac

Alright, and I think I get what you mean about wanting to play it when talking about it. The only thing I have any real issue with is those darn snagrets-- so far, I had to bail out of their hole so fast, right near the end, it wasn't even funny.

Also, anyone else having a problem clicking anything in the lower left corner of the screen on Gamespot?

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

MFDOOM1983

Launch window.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

PressXtoJump

latest? i dont think pc has ever had much to do with nintendo gaming. but maybe this is some sort of brainstorming session?

Nintendo gaming?

WTF are you talking about?

Did you even read the OP?

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

TilxWLOC

Launch window.

Never saw it on any of the launch window lists. Do you have a link?

edit:Nintendo has it listed as TBA. Other games in the "launch window" are listed as such(wonderful 100, pikmin 3 etc.). 10-12 months would be a fast turn around for a game like bayonetta 2. It'll probably release fall 2013 at the earliest.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="glez13"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="glez13"]

Nintendo gaming?

WTF are you talking about?

Did you even read the OP?

ok i read it, your right.. i found a p and a c in those letters
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

MFDOOM1983

Launch window.

Nah, looked it up, I don't see it either. I was just taking his word for it and making sure you knew he didn't mean at launch.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

Launch window.

TilxWLOC

Nah, looked it up, I don't see it either. I was just taking his word for it and making sure you knew he didn't mean at launch.

I'm aware of nintendo's ridiculously long "launch window".
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I will avoid it just fine.I don't buy consoles at launch and will probably never bother with WiiU anyway.My PS3 is just as next gen as WiiU anyway LOL

Clown_Penis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Clown_Penis
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If they ever release a proper fully fleshed out pokemon game like the handhelds get then yes, I will have no choice but to get one.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 TilxWLOC

MFDOOM1983

You seem to really have it out for them. Yeah, the window is large, that's marketing. What matters is the games that come out during that time, which admittedly isn't necessarily a lot, but quite a bit of it is quality.

Better than having people whining about how games won't come out for another year, yet they bought the system (3DS). We have a nice 6 month view of what is to come. Explains the use of the term window I suppose. Come to think about it that isn't really too much time considering we are talking about games, they come out almost too often for some people, and they take a lot more time to complete than things like movies.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PressXtoJump
If they ever release a proper fully fleshed out pokemon game like the handhelds get then yes, I will have no choice but to get one.Clown_Penis
o0o0o0o0o0o0oo now i see your insignificant ways
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

It doesn't appeal to me.

sukraj

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

TilxWLOC

You seem to really have it out for them. Yeah, the window is large, that's marketing. What matters is the games that come out during that time, which admittedly isn't necessarily a lot, but quite a bit of it is quality.

Better than having people whining about how games won't come out for another year, yet they bought the system (3DS). We have a nice 6 month view of what is to come. Explains the use of the term window I suppose. Come to think about it that isn't really too much time considering we are talking about games, they come out almost too often for some people, and they take a lot more time to complete than things like movies.

Launch windows consisted of the console's launch(day and date) itself and a few weeks after. There's no set definition but that was norm. By tacking on 3 months, it enables nintendo to double the list of games coming out for advertising purposes. Smart marketing but a bit disingenuous. What is otherwise a solid launch now comes off as a pretty good one. Hell, half of Pikminmaniac's list consists of games that are rumored to release around 100 days after the consoles launch(pikmin 3 and wonderful 100) and one that has no firm release date at all(bayonetta 2). List padding is the term thrown around on sw.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
No plans on avoiding it! Paid off system with Zombi U, Mario, Black Ops 2 and hope to get even more!
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts

Got the black deluxe set along with ZombiU and black pro controller on preorder, plus a basic white set (just in case). I am not going through the hassle of finding a Wii 6 months or so after launch like last time.