Can you avoid the WII U?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
Guys I was just curious as GAMERS, how it is that you can possibly avoid the WiiU this Fall when it launches? I would think that the vast majority of us appreciate the latest and greatest that gaming has to offer and with the next XBOX and PS probably atleast 6-12 months away if not longer, I persoanlly will be getting a WiiU day one if for nothing else, I get to play ZombiU, Blops 2, Madden 13 and NBA 2K13. Yes, I know 3 of those 4 are multiplats, but just the ability to play on the WiiU tablet is very interesting to me.
bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I have no intention of avoiding it, pre-ordered. ;)

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts
Guys I was just curious as GAMERS, how it is that you can possibly avoid the WiiU this Fall when it launches? I would think that the vast majority of us appreciate the latest and greatest that gaming has to offer and with the next XBOX and PS probably atleast 6-12 months away if not longer, I persoanlly will be getting a WiiU day one if for nothing else, I get to play ZombiU, Blops 2, Madden 13 and NBA 2K13. Yes, I know 3 of those 4 are multiplats, but just the ability to play on the WiiU tablet is very interesting to me.ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Gamers: No. Fanboys: Yes
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
I won't be getting a Wii U at launch simply because none of the current software warrants a day 1 purchase. ZombiUis the only title that interests me but it's still not enough. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be another Red Steel. I'll definitely be getting one once the big Nintendo properties have major releases.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
I´m not going to avoid it,I´m simply not interested in it at all.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Shouldn't be too hard, I've skipped out on Nintendo consoles since N64.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I´m not going to avoid it,I´m simply not interested in it at all.Arach666

Likewise...

Have nothing against Nintendo and their systems, but they just don't hold any appeal to me...

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts
the controller makes it an easy start. the fact that no HD mario has been shown, even more important
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I have Two Premium Wii U's reserved.

Although, I'm certainly not buying multiplatform games on it, as I could get those elsewhere.

I am getting exclusives for it just like my Wii, Gamecube, and N64.

My Wii U will be turned on for the latest Marios, Zeldas, and other high quality exclusives.

------

EDIT,

Nintendoboy16 wants to understand more about my Wii U views :

In the unlikely even the Wii U multiplat version is superior to the PC, 360, PS3, 720, and PS4, I will pick up the Wii U multiplat version. :o

That's a tall order, especially when we consider online connectivity is huge in today's market. Games with online connectivity like Tekken, ME3, COD, and ACIII I'm avoiding on Wii as I'm not convinced Nintendo's network is up to snuff based on what Nintendo's President said "PSN and XBL are too far ahead" http://www.computerandvideogames.com/353614/iwata-xbox-live-and-psn-are-too-far-developed-for-nintendo-to-catch-up/#

Speaking of multiplats I would consider buying, Tekken Tag Tourney 2 :

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a392539/wii-u-processing-speed-low-compared-to-360-ps3-says-tekken-producer.html
(Namco and Tekken's Harada talking about the Wii U's CPU is slow compared to PS360)

http://www.destructoid.com/tekken-producer-on-wii-u-online-i-don-t-understand-it--235263.phtml
(Tekken's Harada talking about Wii U's online not being understood)

Of course, I'm open to a multiplat being somehow superior on the Wii U (Technologically probably not, but that Tablet if devs aren't lazy maybe), I did buy RE4 on Gamecube after all. ;) :P I can pretty much tell you now the best uses of the Tablet are going to come from EXCLUSIVES, especially Nintendo developed games.

There are more links, but this is enough. My dang EDIT is larger than my original tiny post in trying to educate and answer you properly Nintendoboy! :lol: :P

From my understanding, you won't even be buying a Wii U at launch. I don't blame you. The Wii U will probably be $100 cheaper by next year, and a lot more Wii U exclusives to buy one year from now.

My pragmatic view comes from Nintendo's lower tech in the Wii U going into a new 5-6 year generation. Those lower Wii U Tech specs are expected to carry the Wii U through the generation, one the devs are currently begging for stronger hardware. My pragmatic Nintendo view also comes from my long history with Nintendo, ever since the Arcade and then later my first Nintendo console, the NES. It was the N64 generation that things 3rd party relations just weren't the same on the Nintendo home console platforms (Don't bother telling me why, I already know). I then had hope the Gamecube would be different. I then banked on the Wii Being different. At this point, no, I have no strange expectations.

I already know though, the Wii U is going to be very, very, very, very similar to the N64, GC, and Wii situation with me buying pretty much high quality exclusives only. :P

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It doesn't appeal to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I tried to, but after seeing more info I think I'm giving in.

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts
SDC
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Not avoiding I just don't care, same with everyone I know.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9868 Posts
It can go either way for me :). One thing that makes it tempting is the backward compability. That means I can scoop up all the wii games I missed this gen (Galaxy games, Zelda, Donkey Kong for example). On the other hand I have more games than I have time to finish on the other systems. On the other hand Nintendo games are very different from what I usually play, so they could be a nice change. Meh can't decide :(
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i'm not interested in the wii-u, i wanna see what sony and microsoft are doing for thier next consoles, nintendo is playing catch up

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#18 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

Although, I'm certainly not buying multiplatform games on it, as I could get those elsewhere.

My Wii U will be turned on for the latest Marios, Zeldas, and other high quality exclusives.

SolidTy
What if the multiplat proves to be superior on the Nintendo console?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
For all the hate their systems get, much of it deserved imo (as the Wii for example is the weakest, crappest 7th gen console)... as a gamer I still definitely don't wanna miss out on Nintendo and Platinum exclusives.
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

nintendoboy16

PC versions will be superior.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I'd rather buy another 360, a console with no games.. than a WiiU:lol:

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
Because it doesn't offer me anything that PS3/360 doesn't already have. Besides a lame controller.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I can avoid it because it's expensive, yes, good price for a new console, but too expensive for just Mario + Zombi U.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
I don't PLAN on avoiding it... I'm just not getting it launch day because there's no game that I really want to play. In time when more first party games come out I will get the Wii U.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts

For all the hate their systems get, much of it deserved imo (as the Wii for example is the weakest, crappest 7th gen console)... as a gamer I still definitely don't wanna miss out on Nintendo and Platinum exclusives. [QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

locopatho

What if there won't be a PC version of said multiplat? It has happened you know.

Besides, not all PC versions of multiplats are good and can sometimes be the worst version.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I waited for the Wii to drop to 100 dollars before i got one, will probably do the same thing with the Wii U.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I waited for the Wii to drop to 100 dollars before i got one, will probably do the same thing with the Wii U.

crimsonman1245

WiiU won't be $100 till probably the Next Nintendo System will be out. By that time you would have missed out on all the Exclusives.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]For all the hate their systems get, much of it deserved imo (as the Wii for example is the weakest, crappest 7th gen console)... as a gamer I still definitely don't wanna miss out on Nintendo and Platinum exclusives. [QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] What if the multiplat proves to be superior on the Nintendo console?nintendoboy16

What if there won't be a PC version of said multiplat? It has happened you know.

Besides, not all PC versions of multiplats are good and can sometimes be the worst version.

Possible yes, it's hardly gonna be widespread though is it?
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

LegatoSkyheart

WiiU won't be $100 till probably the Next Nintendo System will be out. By that time you would have missed out on all the Exclusives.

How can you miss out on something that you could still buy?... :|
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
Pretty easy, the only game that interest me at launch is zombieU and that certainly wouldn't be something I buy a system for. I'll stick with PC and PS3 until PS4 and 720 are announced/released and then I might see what the WiiU offers then.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="crimsonman1245"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Games from Early in the Console Cycle won't always be there when you get them very late in the cycle.

Even if they are there some of them have began to go up in price because they're no longer being Printed.

There's a window to where the Games come out at $60 and then down to $20 or lower and eventually they'll go up again because they're not common to find anymore.

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) is now $23.29 Used and now aparently it's Sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii)is $21.69 used, for example.

I'm just pointing that out.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 locopatho

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

LegatoSkyheart

Games from Early in the Console Cycle won't always be there when you get them very late in the cycle.

Even if they are there some of them have began to go up in price because they're no longer being Printed.

There's a window to where the Games come out at $60 and then down to $20 or lower and eventually they'll go up again because they're not common to find anymore.

Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) is now $23.29 Used and now aparently it's Sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (Wii)is $21.69 used, for example.

I'm just pointing that out.

Which is still hella cheaper then buying them brand new?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No Rayman: Legends at launch, so I probably won't get one until next year.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Very easy to avoid ATM. I could get one when it's cheaper and has more impressive exclusive library.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LegatoSkyheart

Which is still hella cheaper then buying them brand new?locopatho

You got me there, but it there's still the fact that games like those will increase through time rather than Decrease.

I got my Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World for $15.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Which is still hella cheaper then buying them brand new?LegatoSkyheart

You got me there, but it there's still the fact that games like those will increase through time rather than Decrease.

I got my Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World for $15.

Yeah that's true, there's still a few older games I want but don't wanna pay inflated prices for. If you buy during the same gen though you're usually safe :)
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I'm not trying to avoid it, but it will be extremely easy to avoid because I won't have one and the only announced exclusive that has me interested is Bayonetta, which won't be out until like March 2013 or something.
King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Next year cause I'll nvest a lot on the 3ds/pc, more games will come till then.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Easily, I bought the Wii and it sucked, so no plans on buying another Nintendo console for the foreseeable future. See how easy that was?
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

yeah, I'm gonna waste $300 on a Wii U to play a bunch of old multiplats and average looking games like Zombie U.... :roll:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LegatoSkyheart

yeah, I'm gonna waste $300 on a Wii U to play a bunch of old multiplats and average looking games like Zombie U.... :roll:

Gue1

Assassin's Creed 3 and Call of Duty Black Ops 2 are now old.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Gue1

And that game you were having a sook over for about 20 pages. What was it called? Oh yeah Bayonetta 2. :D

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
todd2r_Partdeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 todd2r_Partdeux
Member since 2012 • 762 Posts
I have it preordered and I'm going back and forth in my head if I'm actually going to keep it or sell it. Part of me wants it, but the other part of me just wants to keep buying games for my Xbox and wait and get a WiiU later next year when I see what's coming from Nintendo and Microsoft. If anything I will sell it and make a huge profit. But, if the launch titles get crazy ass good review scores, I probably will end up keeping it.
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I couldn't avoid it when the Bayonetta 2 megaton hit my house.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

I can, as I have no money, but I'm not avoiding it because I want to. It would be really convenient for me if they would release Dark Souls on Wii-U also, as I also have to buy a PS3 for that.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Yeah I could.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#48 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Why would I avoid it?

I´m not going to avoid it,I´m simply not interested in it at all.Arach666
Don't lie. You're scared of it for some reason. o:

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

Like the plague :o

j/k but I'll likely wait a few years before getting one and even then, much will depend upon the price and the worth of the next Zelda. :P

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Just like I avoided the Wii I will avoid the WiiU.