Can Wii U become first console to have two 10/10 exclusives?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@2Chalupas said:

I could see a perfect 10 Zelda or Mario game. Possibly Metroid. It just depends if they do it right. If they gave a game like Bayonetta a 10, there could actually be 2 or 3 10's on the Wii-U...and we should see some 10's on other platforms. Or it could just be a case of diverging review standards - and we won't see another 10 this gen. Which would make the Bayo 2 10/10 seem completely random.

That being said, Bayonetta 2 will probably go down as the worst "10" given to a game ever. Worse than GTA IV. Worse than MGS V. The first game was a 6.5/10 to me - so I have strong doubts about the reviews in this case. Polishing a 6.5 game can't possibly yield a 10/10 game.

You're a visitor from the future I see. Tell me more about the world of tomorrow.

How is Bayo2's ten random? Lots of review sites gave it a perfect or near perfect score with low scores being in the minority. Clearly gamespot is not alone in thinking BAYO2 is a little slice of gaming heaven, one for the ages, a genre defining gem that has a good chance of standing the test of time.

And to me a TEN signifies just that...a game that will not be soon forgotten.

You're also the minority on thinking the first BAYO sucked, and not liking MGS4 or GTAIV. The latter of which was a god damn masterpiece and the best MGS game to date.

The thread topic is asking us to speculate about the future dumbass. I merely responded with my guess as to future perfect scores.

As far as GTA IV and MGS4, many people consider them over-rated and unworthy of 10/10 considering how few 10's Gamespot gives out. Not just me. I didn't say they "sucked", they are great games. Just that looking back they probably didn't deserve 10/10 at the time of their reviews. Or if they did deserve 10/10, then as the gen went on at least a dozen other games should have also gotten 10/10 on that same scale. Seriously, does it make sense that GTA IV got a 10/10 but GTA V got a 9/10 or Last of Us got an 8/10? It's just looks quite random at this point where a "perfect" score might pop out.

Honestly I don't think GTAV or TLOU are worthy of 10's. Both games had really annoying things about them that, at the core, made me really glad when they were finished and I could move on to other games. Not even at launch could those games fool me into thinking they deserved a ten.

MGS4 on the other hand, worth the ten, and still worth it. To get a TEN a game needs to nearly perfect it's genre. Lots of great games got 9's but didn't perfect their genres. Bioshock Infinite for example...incredible game...not worth a ten.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

MGS4 is hot garbage. Unintentionally funny hot garbage, but still smells of rotten shit.

How that magnificent train wreck of a game got 10/10s is beyond the comprehension of any sane being.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#53 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Has anyone here actually noticed that a game with a 10 score on Gamespot is no longer labeled as "Perfect," but "Essential"? There's an interesting distinction to be observed there.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#54 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@2chalupas the reason GTA v got a 9 was because compared to IV it didn't do enough new from it and the crash modeling was a step back IV was better than san Andreas in the graphics department and ya bayonetta 2 deserves that ten

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@REVOLUTIONfreak said:

Has anyone here actually noticed that a game with a 10 score on Gamespot is no longer labeled as "Perfect," but "Essential"? There's an interesting distinction to be observed there.

If that is the case, they should give out many more 10's.

Essential is a threshold that can be met by literally a dozen or more games every gen. "Perfect" can be applied to almost no game - and arguably Gamespot is very bad at deeming which few games are "perfect".

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I'd say the only three games thus far that have potential to get another 10 on GameSpot are:

1. Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
  2. The Legend of Zelda Wii-U.
  3. Super Smash Bros. Wii-U.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@charizard1605 said:

Smash Wii U might be in with a chance. Highly doubt Zelda will, though.

Something tells me the next 10 is The Phantom Pain, though.

LOL it's gonna get an 8 and you know it.

Yeah, Smash is missing that little bit of "new" magic that would give it a 9 let alone a 10. Feels like the same old smash bros game and I think the 3DS release is a hint at how much of the same old same old the Wii U version will be.

Instead of putting all those resources into the 3DS version they should have added more innovation into the Wii U game.

I agree. I think the 3DS version is great, and I'm sure the Wii-U version will be even better, but I cannot help but feel like Nintendo by releasing the game for 3DS lessened the chance that people would purchase a Wii-U just for Smash Bros.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Next 10/10 will most likely be Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Tom McShea is gone, so yeah, it's entirely possible.

If Hyrule Warriors can score an 8, then the next Zelda will likely hit 10.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

the wii u is only good for one thing.. slightly more pretty rehashed games...only the nintendo loyal who cant break free are keeping them afloat..

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I think with the new scoring method more titles will receive 10's. Not that it will become common, but it will definitely be more common than before imo.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

No I doubt it.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

10's shouldn't be as tough to obtain now though, especially compared to when they had a 100 point scale. Could well be the first though, there's a bunch of good looking exclusives set to release.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#64 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5256 Posts

It is possible, but I feel that it will not happen. I can imagine the fanboy responses if it does happen.