Can we stop pretending that, with the exception of NaughtyDog and SSM.........

• 165 results
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Sucker Punch & Guerilla Games are two very competent teams that can deliver AAA games.

Sony Bend working on a game like Days Gone was certainly a risk considering they haven’t worked on a console (or AAA) game in over 10 years but, it’s worth the risk if it means nurturing yet another AAA studio.

This all honestly makes you wonder how MS can transform their new studios into AAA studios when they aren’t nearly as competent as Sony’s 1st party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Naughty Dog has only made one great game. The Last of Us is the only one I would give any praise. The Uncharted series probably the most overrated of the past 2 generations.

I'm gonna take a guess and say you never played Jak and Daxter...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#54 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Naughty Dog has only made one great game. The Last of Us is the only one I would give any praise. The Uncharted series probably the most overrated of the past 2 generations.

I'm gonna take a guess and say you never played Jak and Daxter...

He said great game. :P

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@Juub1990: They evolved the IP. Are you saying TW2 and TW3 or exactly the same?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@blackhairedhero: I’m saying they’re the same genre which they are.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blackhairedhero

@razzle11:

They did Thronebreaker which is a 85+ scoring card game. Every Witcher was a vastly different experience and each title evolved. It went from a linear WRPG to a Action RPG to an open world RPG.

Batman Arkam went from a Metroidvania action adventure to a Open world Action game. Same IP but the genres evolved.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Juub1990: I said very specific genres. So is The Witcher same genre as TW2 or RDR2? Or they all the same to you?

Obviously they are both RPG's. But there are more subgenres within just being an RPG. WRPG, JRPG, ARPG etc.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#61 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Pedro: yeah ND hit a high point with Uncharted 2 for me. TLOU is great but U2 is their best work imo. 4 is a one and done summer action story as was 3 imo.

Bend seems to have made a good game by metacritic scores (as if they mean anything). Guerilla has made KZ2, 3, and HzD so I say they’re up there

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Juub1990

@blackhairedhero: Yes they’re both very similar RPG’s. One is open world, the other isn’t.

Quit bullshitting.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@razzle11 said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Sucker Punch & Guerilla Games are two very competent teams that can deliver AAA games.

Sony Bend working on a game like Days Gone was certainly a risk considering they haven’t worked on a console (or AAA) game in over 10 years but, it’s worth the risk if it means nurturing yet another AAA studio.

This all honestly makes you wonder how MS can transform their new studios into AAA studios when they aren’t nearly as competent as Sony’s 1st party.

Not really, right now Guerrilla is batting a 50/50 right now and Sucker Punch delivered an 80. There are 7 MS studios that have better track records this gen than Sucker Punch does.

Cmon, Killzone and Infamous Second Son were launch / launch window games. We all know how those go; Nintendo seems to be the only ones capable of delivering a AAA launch game.

Also, I don't think what I bolded is true and even so, SP's sample size is 1 launch game.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Blackhairedhero

@razzle11: Nintendo didn't make fire emblem warriors it was outsourced. I'm rating the studios as developers not publishers.

Assisting on crap( as in helping an indie studio) bring a game to your platform isn't developing a game. SSM has done 5 GoW games the last one being a complete evolution of the genre.

You have just exposed yourself as a butthurt lemming.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Blackhairedhero

@Juub1990: You didn't answer the question. Is TW3 more like RDR2 or TW2?

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Blackhairedhero

@speedytimsi: Lmao I'd say B-tier.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#67 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Well, considering some of the best games i have ever played are current gen indie games, i couldn't care less if a game is AAA, AA, A, B or C. The quality of a game has nothing to do with its budget.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Juub1990

@blackhairedhero: I haven’t even played RDR2 so how would I know. TW2 and TW3 are the same genre. Your post was a failure.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Juub1990: They are different subgenres. That is a fact. Sorry you still classify games as if we were in the 90's.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Juub1990

@blackhairedhero: GTFO with your made up shit. It was just a lame excuse to exclude Playground Games because they fill all the criteria.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@Juub1990: Ahh there it is... the Butthurt! No they dont because they have done only Open world racing games. If they can make one title in a different genre with a 9+ score then we can talk. Hell if they can make one game on a different genre with a 8+ score I'd put them in A tier.

So the new Fable game will show us where they belong.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Juub1990

@blackhairedhero: Lol you know it’s a complete failure when you gotta put so many criteria to exclude specific devs.

Your post was shit. Better luck next time.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Blackhairedhero

@Juub1990: It's valid and for good reason. You are just butthurt I'm just using common sense. Do you see me put Sony San Diego on the top tiers eventhough they haven't released anything lower the mid 8s ever? No because all they make are Baseball games. A very specific genre and IP.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@razzle11: The new God of War is a completely different subgenre then the original titles. Sorry that's a fact.

I am rating developers not publishers. I put Nintendo but more specifically they have two studios that are S tier. ( Zelda and mainstream Mario teams). There not all the same you dunce.

Insomniac has consistently made games in the high 8s and 9s their entire existence.

It's hard to argue with people like you when you know Jack shit about developers. You think Nintendo is one development team? Lmao!

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@razzle11: How old are you 12? ARPG, JRPG, WRPG are all subgenres of RPG's.

The development team that made Breath of the Wild isn't the same team that made Arms you dunce. That's like me acting as if all Sony studios are the same.

Edit. I Moved Insomniac to B-tier although two more solid 8+ would them in A.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@razzle11:

Err no. You just classified TW1 and 3 as the same. You are clueless. The original witcher is a WRPG. It didn't even have real time combat.

The last God of War is a different subgenre. It became more of a third person action adventure as opposed to a 3rd person hack and slash.

1-2 switch has Nintendo SPD linked with it.

Looks like my points are still valid.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@razzle11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Sony Santa Monica has been developing and collaborating on games since PS2. Are you a broadband gamer or something? Playground has ZERO experience outside of racers, so we don't know how their other efforts will turn out. An RPG is a huge degree of difference from a racing game.

As it stands, they're the only Xbox studio that's delivered MS 90+ MC games for them this gen. But they're racers. Not exactly a genre that's moving the needle for any platform anymore (unless it's got Mario in it). Not sure why MS would trust them to deliver outside of their level of expertise.

Stupid argument, SSM has collaborated on dookie games like Fat Princess, Order 1886 and that Sony Smash knock off. Outside of God of War they havent' done shit note worthy. If Playground made or collaborated on other games that usually end up being crap, that wouldn't make PG look good, it would make them look bad for being unable to work on anything outside of racing games.

Also your argument of having ZERO experience outside of racers is equally stupid because the Forza team and the RPG team are two separate teams. The guys who worked on sound and physics for cars aren't the same guys who are going to be working on quest and world design for their RPG

I don't even know what your argument is. You said they didn't do anything outside of God of War, and they do. Santa Monica serves as SIE's support arm for titles published on Playstation. They are more than mere development. You may not like, or I doubt you even played any other game they worked on, but they have 300 percent more experience of working on games outside of their main franchise, which is wasn't even the first thing they made. They are part of Sony's publishing network as well. Playground doesn't have a role that important the company overall.

Apparent;y they're not that separate, or MS would have established a whole new studio up front instead of using the existing one. They're under the same leadership. Not saying the game they make won't be good, just saying that a pedigree in one successful genre doesn't automatically translate to another. That has to be earned.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@razzle11 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I don't even know what your argument is. You said they didn't do anything outside of God of War, and they do. Santa Monica serves as SIE's support arm for titles published on Playstation. They are more than mere development. You may not like, or I doubt you even played any other game they worked on, but they have 300 percent more experience of working on games outside of their main franchise, which is wasn't even the first thing they made. They are part of Sony's publishing network as well. Playground doesn't have a role that important the company overall.

Apparent;y they're not that separate, or MS would have established a whole new studio up front instead of using the existing one. They're under the same leadership. Not saying the game they make won't be good, just saying that a pedigree in one successful genre doesn't automatically translate to another. That has to be earned.

Sony Santa Monica doesn't have a pedigree outside of God of War. The only thing you've shown is that Sony Santa Monica has acted as a support arm for other games, and most of those games are dookie

So in other words

Both SSM and Playground have excelled in one genre

One of them has supported making turds.

You're not helping your case here.

One has faaaaar more importance to their overall company. And the other only makes vroom vroom games strictly, and are being trusted with another one of MS IP's for completely unsure reasons.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@BenjaminBanklin: Hes the same guy that thinks TW1 and 3 are in the exact same genre, I wouldn't waste your time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@blackhairedhero: Your judging of game studios is horrendous its no wonder everyone is beating up on you in here lol.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@i_p_daily: No not everyone. Just butthurt lemmings that are upset playground games isn't A tier.

Once they prove they can make something outside of racing that will change.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I think I agree but there were too many double negatives setups and hype in the communication for me to properly

interpe interpret it...

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Lol what type of thread is this?

You can hate on em if it makes you feel better

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

nintendo and sony has the best exclusive this gen. its a fact. better luck next gen lems.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

I never pretended, knew they were trash from the start. :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm late to this thread but it seems that everyone here forgets that Sony is the only company that takes risk more so then Nintendo & MS but Nintendo comes in seconds to that regards. Sony took a risk with Bend Studios working Days Gone and for better or worst, we all gotta start somewhere. And let's not forget Sony took a risk with Ready at Dawn's Order: 1886 as well.

All in all, it's really great seeing a company like Sony committing taking a chance with a new studio who never work on a AAA title.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@razzle11: Lmao... ok so by your standards nobody is?

GTFO!... all I see is butthurt lemmings that are upset the only dev that can hit a 9 can only make rehashes of racing games every two years.

And you never schooled me. You said TW1 and 3 are the same genre for christ sake....you're absolutely clueless. I'm tagging you right now you're a joke. After I dismantled your pathetic rebuttal I'm not sure why your still posting.

Migina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Migina
Member since 2018 • 56 Posts

I'm sorry, I don't understand Russian.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points