Can PUBG be the system-seller Xbox One yearns for?

• 77 results
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#51 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

100%, "pew", "pew" and "vroom, vroom" is all Xbots play. Complete shit console and fanbase.

Hey it could be worse, you could take this personally that others like different things than you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

It going to be massive on Xbox One it will be such a huge success MS will buy out the franchises and developer for 1,000,000,000

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 cainetao11  Online

@lexxluger:

3 things xbox fans:

1. Xbox 1 X is $500! $530 with tax...did you guys forget that? Just reminding you.

2. PUBG isn't the only shooter coming out this holiday season, lol It has competition unlike Halo from 2001

3. Mario Odyssey is also releasing this holiday season...If you guys think PUBG is going to be a bigger sales phenomenon on xbox one than Mario Odyssey on Switch then I also have a bridge to sell you...it's a really good deal

1. Why do you non Xbox fans bring up the price? You obviously don't value the platform and what in the actual fvck does it matter what I and others do with OUR money? You gonna pick up some work shifts for these people? Then mind ya business how they spend their money

2. As is often the case here in SW, I am not in line with the fanboy thinking. PUBG will do good, not great on Xbox. I look forward to trying it.

3. You owned yourself with the statement in number 2. I believe Mario will outsell PUBG because as you clearly stated other shooters like COD, Battlefront 2 are coming out for X1. NONE of them are coming out for Switch. Doesn't leave many options for that platform does it?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@cainetao11: "1. Why do you non Xbox fans bring up the price? You obviously don't value the platform and what in the actual fvck does it matter what I and others do with OUR money? You gonna pick up some work shifts for these people? Then mind ya business how they spend their money"

His argument was not about telling people what they should or should not buy. He was just saying that the price of the X1X is high so lemmings expecting it to sell like hotcakes might be disappointed which is completely reasonable since expensive consoles usually don't sell that well and a mid gen release probably even less. So I don't know why you are crying about that when he's not pretending to tell anyone what to buy or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

I think it will be a great game to have on Xbox One, fur sure. It's a very popular game on PC and I can definitely see it gaining popularity on Xbox One also.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cainetao11  Online

@pinkanimal said:

@cainetao11: "1. Why do you non Xbox fans bring up the price? You obviously don't value the platform and what in the actual fvck does it matter what I and others do with OUR money? You gonna pick up some work shifts for these people? Then mind ya business how they spend their money"

His argument was not about telling people what they should or should not buy. He was just saying that the price of the X1X is high so lemmings expecting it to sell like hotcakes might be disappointed which is completely reasonable since expensive consoles usually don't sell that well and a mid gen release probably even less. So I don't know why you are crying about that when he's not pretending to tell anyone what to buy or not.

I don't know, why are you crying? That your boyfriend or something?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

No, but he has nice pecs

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@Litchie said:

Wouldn't really compare those games with an early access game from a team of 1 - 2 people, or whatever they have. Splatoon 2 is way more safe to buy than PUBG. I get why you mentioned those, but you couldn't even play everything in Splatoon before they started releasing updates. Who knows when PUBG will be finished, if ever.

Gamers buying PUBG in droves is just gamers telling devs that games don't need to be finished before asking money for them. I think that sucks balls, as it will spawn more games that wont be finished.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

As a multiplayer game PUBG is more feature-rich than Splat2n will probably ever be and there's no reason to assume it's not getting finished.

It's getting minor patches every week and major patches every month. And the good shit is already in, it's just unpolished.

As an Early Access game it is examplary and deserves support as such.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I need to read up on PUBG - I literally know nothing about it (I thought it was a FTP MOBA or something until people started going on and on about it on here recently). Some of my friends brought it up the other day as something they really enjoy, though, and apparently it's very cheap?.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cainetao11  Online

@pinkanimal said:
@cainetao11 said:
@pinkanimal said:

No, but he has nice pecs

much love and peace to ya

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I need to read up on PUBG - I literally know nothing about it (I thought it was a FTP MOBA or something until people started going on and on about it on here recently). Some of my friends brought it up the other day as something they really enjoy, though, and apparently it's very cheap?.

Yeah, currently, it's 30$, it would be better to buy the game now as once it gets fully released, it will be 60$

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

Wow, PUBG has the Sony fanboys pretty shook.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@xantufrog: From what I understand, it's inspired by Battle Royale. You have a bunch of players in an arena that shrinks in size over time and players keeping getting picked off until there is one winner.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Could be one of those games that will make people tell their friends "you need to get yourself an Xbox to play this game with us", yes it's available on PC but there are still a large group of console-only gamers who behave like that.

When it comes out I'll try it out, very busy now with Path of Exile it runs beautifully online and I must say I've made many new friends recently while partying up online, PC gamers who adore the game and just want to play on Xbox, these people have been very helpful and are fun to play with, they know all the quests and have been helping me out and giving me pointers... I really feel like some of those people enjoy helping others ....it's like when you like a game and your friend comes over to your place, you replay the game with him again and it's fun for you going though it again and helping your friend.

So anyways going off a tangent here, but it's just to say this game will fit very nicely in the Xbox ecosystem I would think, assuming it runs well, very important. Until it comes out though I'll be quite busy, I don't play games just because their popular, the experience needs to click with me, looking forward to trying it out when it releases.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@reduc_ab_: console gamers lose interest ?We've been playing COD for 11 years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think PUBG will be a slow burner that will gain tons of traction.

Eventually something else will come out and people will move on. But hook that casual majority and they will play the shit out of it, just like COD, Halo, Battlefield and GTA etc.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I know little about it too, the premise sounds pretty interesting though, and it's a genre I don't have much experience with. "Battle Royale" is the genre, defined as follows in Wikipedia:

"A battle royale game or battle royal game is a type of video game that blends the exploration and scavenging elements of a survival game with last man standing gameplay."

And here a few more little details about the premise, sounds cool:

"Battlegrounds is an action game in which up to one hundred players fight in a battle royale, a type of large-scale last man standing deathmatch where players fight to be the last alive. Players can choose to enter the match solo, or with a small team of up to four people. In either case, the last person or team left alive wins the match.

Each match starts with players parachuting from a plane onto a map area approximately 8 by 8 kilometres (5.0 mi × 5.0 mi) in size, The plane's flight-path across the map varies with each round, requiring players to quickly determine the best time to parachute out. Players start with no gear beyond customized clothing selections which do not affect gameplay. Once they land, players can search buildings and other sites to find weapons, vehicles, armor, clothing, and other equipment. These items are procedurally distributed throughout the map at the start of a match, with certain high-risk zones typically having better equipment. Killed players can be looted to acquire their gear as well.Players can opt to play either from the first-person or third-person perspective, each having their own advantages and disadvantages in combat and situational awareness; though server-specific settings can be used to force all players into one perspective to eliminate some advantages."

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Maybe. Depends if people get bored to watch it on YT before it comes out.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@mjorh: probably not considering its also on PC and PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@jcrame10: Well, no word yet on whether it is definitely coming to PS4 but they haven't said no yet either, from what I have read.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: that's a pretty interesting premise. Color me intrigued

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Given Xbox's preview program and the amount of staff and money MS is putting in to this game it is no guarantee this is coming to PS4 anytime soon. Stop asking them and ask Sony! And it's a good chance MS might just lock it down on console. Their friendly crossplay and game anywhere is believe it or not attractive to developers.

System seller...probably not on it's own, but with the multi plats performing better and the exclusives (yes they have them) it's a plus. Face facts, Late year is all about Multi plats and their are so many great games coming it's crazy to release console exclusives that time of year. Hope MS wises up. Look at Dying Light for example. It's a great game that would have been overlooked but wisely released in February with no competition. Let me get old school, Howard The Duck, and UHF have cult followings despise being great movies they flopped by being released against the first Batman movie. Hell I saw it 3 times in the theatre myself.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7703 Posts

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/905083558833860609

10m sold

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I recently jumped on the PUBG train and man, this game is downright fun as hell. I'm not a huge fan of the solo queue, but going in with friends is incredible, and the adrenaline rush is insane.

It has some issues still, such as crashes, and it desperately needs vaulting mechanics(which, I believe, it's getting soon). Trying to jump over waist high fences is like trying to dodge bullets while you're tied to a chair. It just plain sucks.

NOTE: The first person servers provide a more visceral experience. The 3rd person servers just feel cheap in some aspects, being able to prone on a building and see below you is kinda lame. That's just my opinion, of course, 3rd person is actually still fun.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

No, I think it is a PC gaming phenomenon, not a cultural phenomenon. Its different to a game like Minecraft, which had a far wider appeal, and was a cultural phenomenon before leaving PC.

PUBG is closer to a game like Counter Strike, which outside of PC nobody really knows about it, but you have millions playing it over the years on PC.

I think it will do well and have a decent following, but far from a system seller. I seriously doubt even on PC it will have anything close to the lasting appeal of Counter Strike.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#75  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19547 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa: I mentioned before in another PUBG thread that the highest-grossing 3D shooter of all time is CrossFire, a game that most people here have never heard of before.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#76 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Not sure what people see in this game. Looks generic and boring.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

How can it be a system seller for Xbox when it's not the only system you can get the game on?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@AdobeArtist: Because it's not on PS4 or Switch. And people that don't own a powerful enough rig, or those who just aren't interested in PC gaming, will only have the Xbox to play it on. Common sense, I shouldn't be explaining this to you.