Can PUBG be the system-seller Xbox One yearns for?

• 77 results
mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Liking it or not, playing it or not, there's no denying that PUBG took us all by surprise, topping Steam charts and dwarfing the platform's most popular games like CSGO and TF2, and there is no sign of stopping to this juggernaut.

Now, it's headed to Xbox One, a console that's more than its peers gravitates towards online and cooperative gaming, so the game would fit just right in.

I'm curious to see how much popular this game will end up to be on Xbox One and how much of a momentum and traction it will contribute.

Thoughts?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I could see it helping xbox one sales. But I think the X1X is more of a sales driver for xbox than PUBG, just because of the power. I think both of them combined this holiday season will lead xbox to win NPD November and December.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

Look at it this way, it won't hurt it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

I could see it helping xbox one sales. But I think the X1X is more of a sales driver for xbox than PUBG, just because of the power. I think both of them combined this holiday season will lead xbox to win NPD November and December.

@endofaugust said:

Look at it this way, it won't hurt it.

Yep, agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

It'll be cool for a few weeks. Then people will forget about it like everything else.

So, no. The X1X needs a lot more than one game you can't play on PS4 (yeah, I know, it has a few, but still). Especially one game that is eventually coming to PS4.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

More than likely, not.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mjorh said:

Liking it or not, playing it or not, there's no denying that PUBG took us all by surprise, topping Steam charts and dwarfing the platform's most popular games like CSGO and TF2, and there is no sign of stopping to this juggernaut.

Now, it's headed to Xbox One, a console that's more than its peers gravitates towards online and cooperative gaming, so the game would fit just right in.

I'm curious to see how much popular this game will end up to be on Xbox One and how much of a momentum and traction it will contribute.

Thoughts?

MY thought is ... that this game with a gamepad will be a pain ...

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EndofAugust

@reduc_ab_ said:

It'll be cool for a few weeks. Then people will forget about it like everything else.

So, no. The X1X needs a lot more than one game you can't play on PS4 (yeah, I know, it has a few, but still). Especially one game that is eventually coming to PS4.

You mean they'll forget about it like on Steam where it launched 6 months ago and the community growth continues to escalate...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@endofaugust: Yep. Just watch.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

You mean they'll forget about it like on Steam where it launched 6 months ago and the community growth continues to escalate...

Yea no one plays this shite. :P Just wait till we finally get a new map.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mjorh

@AzatiS: They need to apply some modifications, that's for sure.

@reduc_ab_ said:

lol no

Man a game should be sooooo good to be able to compete on PC as there are a lotta good MP titles; unlike consoles.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It will sell some systems. I don't see it as a big system seller like Halo was for the original Xbox though. Games like Destiny 2, COD, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be bigger system sellers for Xbone than PUBG. I don't see PUBG being as big on consoles as it is on PC.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Certainty will not hurt the platform. Success on the pc does not always translate to co sole, but who knows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I think it'll be more helpful than people realize.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

@charizard1605: Please explain why?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mjorh said:

@AzatiS: They need to apply some modifications, that's for sure.

Yeah , i really dont get how such a game will play on a console with a pad. Theyll need to cut things out of control scheme or i dont get it. Maybe there are lot of Hold L3 and press whatever button etc.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

It's pretty popular on PC, and I would think it would do tremendous for the dude-bro audience. Kinda Xbox's demographic, so I'm sure it'll have some sort of momentum shift for the brand. I don't necessarily think it'll drive XBoneX sales, but S's still count. Will it be the game that catches them up with Sony this gen? I doubt it, but it has the chance to help M$ chip away at the difference. Popular exclusives (which it is console exclusive at the moment) always help. It might cost a pretty penny to keep it that way though, potential sales on PS4 are greater than XBone so to purchase exclusivity for the whole generation might cost too much to be worth it. We'll see...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@mjorh: Sure, but console gamers are not PC gamers. PC gamers are usually very dedicated. Consoles gamers, though, move on eventually. I mean pubg is cool and all, but when the next big thing rolls around it'll be mostly forgotten, at least on console. I expect a pretty big uptick when it releases on PS4 due to the huge player base, but even there it will eventually fade away.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

@mjorh: Sure, but console gamers are not PC gamers. PC gamers are usually very dedicated. Consoles gamers, though, move on eventually. I mean pubg is cool and all, but when the next big thing rolls around it'll be mostly forgotten, at least on console. I expect a pretty big uptick when it releases on PS4 due to the huge player base, but even there it will eventually fade away.

Your kinda missing the point. Not all gamers are into PC at all, I'm sure there are a lot of console gamers waiting to play and see what PUBG is all about on Xbox One and I'm sure it'll make it's way to PS4 at some point.

The game doesn't really peak my interest when I first heard about it and I'm not really interested at all to play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@davillain-: Yeah, I probably won't check it out either. Not really my thing. But you are right about console players. I'm sure plenty of X1X owners will jump on it. I just think it will die down after a while.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Well the game is awesome, but lemmings only care about graphics and this game isn't you know, pretty. So personally i feel that it will not sell the xb1 and especially the x1x since lemmings prefer Graphics over Game Play.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mjorh

@reduc_ab_ said:

I've heard about that a lot, the notion that console gamers move on so fast, but I'm not sure it holds water, I mean ppl still play Halo 5's MP, or Rocket League or Rainbow Six Siege, etc

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

With the hardcore it may be but for the general public, because its a game preview title not a retail game, it probably wont make much difference.

PUBG is huge!... in the gaming community who follow these types of things.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12054 Posts

It will probably take Mincraft's spot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@mjorh said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

I've heard about that a lot, the notion that console gamers move on so fast, but I'm not sure it holds water, I mean ppl still play Halo 5's MP, or Rocket League or Rainbow Six Siege, etc

Sure, there's always a clinging community. But I'm talking about the majority.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 644 Posts

Anything could help now, the system is on life support.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Its possible now that MS is kicking down the door with a console version. Game is highly popular on streaming sites and xbox version could help sell some systems. Overall, think it will sell well with current xbox userbase, but not a system seller.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19375 Posts

PUBG might be the closest thing it has to a killer app.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

It'll definitely help the Xbox brand in general - especially, I imagine, with younger gamers who don't have much, or any, money themselves to get or build a rig... but they watch Summit or whoever play it on Twitch all day.

Now they can play it, too.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7693 Posts

About to hit 9 million sold if it hasn't already, time for 10 boyz

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts
@quadknight said:

It will sell some systems. I don't see it as a big system seller like Halo was for the original Xbox though. Games like Destiny 2, COD, and Star Wars Battlefront 2 will be bigger system sellers for Xbone than PUBG. I don't see PUBG being as big on consoles as it is on PC.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, this might end up as another CS:GO on consoles where the console versions don't sell nearly as much as PC versions that you might as well call it a PC exclusive. And unlike PC PUBG on Xbox will have to compete with the Battlefields, Battlefronts, CODs, Destinys and other AAA shooters since that is what most of the console audience is into while the PC community has been rapidly moving away from those types of shooter franchises.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

How will you know? You aren't in the Xbox online community. This same bullshit was claimed about Halo 5 and Gears 4 online communities yet we know they thrive to this day.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EndofAugust

@cainetao11 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

How will you know? You aren't in the Xbox online community. This same bullshit was claimed about Halo 5 and Gears 4 online communities yet we know they thrive to this day.

(s)he can experience it through a YouTube video or an article someone else writes.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@endofaugust said:
@cainetao11 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

(s)he can experience it through a YouTube video or an article someone else writes.

LOL Its one of the things enjoyed about that kindafunnygames cast I posted with McCaffrey as a guest. Greg Miller resident and open Cow flat out agreed there is a bias against Xbox. It just became the en vogue thing to hate. Especially for weaboo nerds. JAPANIME GOOOOOOOO!!!

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EndofAugust

@cainetao11 said:
@endofaugust said:
@cainetao11 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

LOL Its one of the things enjoyed about that kindafunnygames cast I posted with McCaffrey as a guest. Greg Miller resident and open Cow flat out agreed there is a bias against Xbox. It just became the en vogue thing to hate. Especially for weaboo nerds. JAPANIME GOOOOOOOO!!!

I honestly think a lot of these weebs self-hate, like they have this idea in their heads of what it is to be Japanese and wish they were that even though it's a ridiculous caricature.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well, gonna at least try it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Don't think it's a system seller

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

Well, I hope not. When gamers pay full price money for a game that isn't nearly completed, with bugs and a questionable future, I hate gamers.

The game is a good idea, though. I hope a real developer makes something like it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Howmakewood

@Litchie said:

Well, I hope not. When gamers pay full price money for a game that isn't nearly completed, with bugs and a questionable future, I hate gamers.

The game is a good idea, though. I hope a real developer makes something like it.

it's 30$ and same could be said for quite a few released full 60$ games

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Litchie

@howmakewood said:
@Litchie said:

OK then, but 30 is still too much for a beta. And yes, the same can be said for many 60$ games. I almost exclusively buy Nintendo games with that kind of money, and those don't come with bugs. And are finished.

WeebDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 WeebDragon
Member since 2017 • 102 Posts

Will the game sell on Xbox? Yes
Will the game be the system-seller Xbox yearns for? Nope, Because, I think, people still prefer to play FPS on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@endofaugust said:
@cainetao11 said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Howmakewood

@Litchie said:
@howmakewood said:
@Litchie said:

OK then, but 30 is still too much for a beta. And yes, the same can be said for many 60$ games. I almost exclusively buy Nintendo games with that kind of money, and those don't come with bugs. And are finished.

Have you bought Splatoon1/2?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

lol do you really think that?

You're probably the type of guy who bet on Conor McGregor to beat Floyd Mayweatehr. You can't be that delusional can you?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

100%, "pew", "pew" and "vroom, vroom" is all Xbots play. Complete shit console and fanbase.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@lexxluger said:
@primorandomguy said:

You're probably the type of guy who bet on Conor McGregor to beat Floyd Mayweatehr. You can't be that delusional can you?

Lemming endofaugust claims it's going to sell 2 million on the first week (for the record, that's even higher than the original Xbone). I'm telling you man, lemmings no longer live in planet Earth, they live in lemmingland where everything is colored in xbox green.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#48 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@lexxluger said:
@primorandomguy said:

Lemming endofaugust claims it's going to sell 2 million on the first week (for the record, that's even higher than the original Xbone). I'm telling you man, lemmings no longer live in planet Earth, they live in lemmingland where everything is colored in xbox green.

Thanks for the laugh.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Litchie

@howmakewood said:
@Litchie said:
@howmakewood said:
@Litchie said:

Have you bought Splatoon1/2?

Wouldn't really compare those games with an early access game from a team of 1 - 2 people, or whatever they have. Splatoon 2 is way more safe to buy than PUBG. I get why you mentioned those, but you couldn't even play everything in Splatoon before they started releasing updates. Who knows when PUBG will be finished, if ever.

Gamers buying PUBG in droves is just gamers telling devs that games don't need to be finished before asking money for them. I think that sucks balls, as it will spawn more games that wont be finished.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@pinkanimal said:
@lexxluger said:
@primorandomguy said:

lol some of these guys are really forgetting reality over their favoritism.

3 things xbox fans:

1. Xbox 1 X is $500! $530 with tax...did you guys forget that? Just reminding you.

2. PUBG isn't the only shooter coming out this holiday season, lol It has competition unlike Halo from 2001

3. Mario Odyssey is also releasing this holiday season...If you guys think PUBG is going to be a bigger sales phenomenon on xbox one than Mario Odyssey on Switch then I also have a bridge to sell you...it's a really good deal.