Can Nintendo survive in the console market........

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@AzatiS: I bet you if NX fails, Nintendo will make 2 more home consoles. And you can take that one to the bank.

No, Nintendo will just double down on mobile after the NX fails.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#202 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@emgesp: Nah, they will just do both.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#203  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@AzatiS said:
@KBFloYd said:

i dont know either....

but the claim that their sales have been going down gen after gen is bullshit.

DS and wii sold the most of any nintendo system and that was coming from a 15million selling gamecube and 60million gameboy advance...

Aside Wii that sold fom an entirely other reasons than the usuals ( and that statement can be proved simply by how fast Wii died despite its amazing sales , something that never happened before , ever ) there is a huge decline since N64. The last console that sold pretty well because it deserved to do so , amazing 1st AND 3rd party , game after game each and every year till next gen = SNES.

Also we are talking about consoles , dont bring handhelds into this. Handhelds wont affect c onsoles or consoles handhelds.

If we take away the NES, N64, GC, Wii, and Wii U sales, Nintendo has sold hardly anything, for sure they must be doomed.

What this has to do with handhelds and what this has to do with their console division ? The discussion here is not if Nintendo will run out of business or not , its if NX fails to appeal to masses , if Nintendo will stop console manufacturing. What you saying dont make any sense to this topic or original posts

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:

@emgesp: Nah, they will just do both.

Why would they want to risk a third flop in a row?

The NX is the make it or break it point for Nintendo when it comes to the future of their home console division. The NX has to succeed or its over for Nintendo in the home console space.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 AzatiS

@mesome713 said:

@AzatiS: I bet you if NX fails, Nintendo will make 2 more home consoles. And you can take that one to the bank.

Youll see Mario and Zelda on Xbox two and Playstation 5

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 AzatiS

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

No, Nintendo will just double down on mobile after the NX fails.

I dont think theyll let their AAA franchises to go wasted ... We are talking about millions of profits , why to ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp: Cause they love making consoles, have never flopped on a home console, and never will.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By emgesp

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

I actually think they will go primarily mobile.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@AzatiS:

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

Youll see Halo 7, Uncharted 7, and Final Fantasy 7 on PC. i saw a vision from Lord Gaben, he told me these things will pass.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:

@emgesp: Cause they love making consoles, have never flopped on a home console, and never will.

The Wii U by every definition has been a flop. Just because you enjoy the console doesn't change the fact that it turned out to be a straight up dud.

It currently has sold as many units as the Sega Dreamcast and TurboGrafx - 16. Two consoles that are considered flops.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp: How so? Wii U is making profit.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 emgesp

@mesome713 said:

@emgesp: How so?

Almost 3 yrs on the market and has only sold 10 million units. I use to think it would hit 15 million LTD, but I doubt it will even hit that now given the NX is coming out within the next year or so.

Again, its in the same league as the TurboGrafx - 16 and Dreamcast sales wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

Almost 3 yrs on the market and has only sold 10 million units. I use to think it would hit 15 million LTD, but I doubt it will even hit that now given the NX is coming out within the next year or so.

Yeah, but again, how is that a flop? Wii U is selling at profit. All Nintendos games are selling at profit, even third party games selling at profit. The install rates of games are amazing, not sure how you can say flop, please explain why?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

Yeah, but again, how is that a flop? Wii U is selling at profit.

It didn't even come close to reaching Nintendo's expectations. Also, don't forget how much money they put into R&D and what not. Even the new Nintendo President called it a failure. Who else has more credibility than the freaking President of Nintendo?

The attach rate of software is only good because of how low the install base is. That isn't saying much.

99% of everyone on this forum would agree that the Wii U is a flop. Only the NDF thinks it was a success.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By AzatiS

@emgesp said:
@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

I actually think they will go primarily mobile.

Theyll drop games that will earn them some hunderds of millions ? Dont think so ....

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By AzatiS

@mesome713 said:

@AzatiS:

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

Youll see Halo 7, Uncharted 7, and Final Fantasy 7 on PC. i saw a vision from Lord Gaben, he told me these things will pass.

We cant speak seriously also you quoting what you want and not the whole story. Whatever , keep hoping.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

It didn't even come close to reaching Nintendo's expectations. Also, don't forget how much money they put into R&D and what not. Even the new Nintendo President called it a failure. Who else has more credibility than the freaking President of Nintendo?

The attach rate of software is only good because of how low the install base is. That isn't saying much.

99% of everyone on this forum would agree that the Wii U is a flop. Only the NDF thinks it was a success.

Please show me where he called it a failure. And again, how exactly is it a flop? Im still not understanding it. Its producing profit in hardware and software for Nintendo and third party.

Thatll be the Nintendo Federation Force to you sir. I rep that NFF for life.

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#218 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

WiiU is a flop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

@AzatiS:

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

We cant speak seriously also you quoting what you want and not the whole story. Whatever , keep hoping.

Your the you dreaming, dont hate cause my prediction will come true. I have an awesome track record just so you know. i predicted Super Mario Maker would sell good and that Amiibo Wave 4 would sell out.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 AzatiS

@mesome713 said:
@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

@AzatiS:

@AzatiS said:
@mesome713 said:

Your the you dreaming, dont hate cause my prediction will come true. I have an awesome track record just so you know. i predicted Super Mario Maker would sell good and that Amiibo Wave 4 would sell out.

Ok whatever

TrustyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TrustyGamer
Member since 2015 • 233 Posts

Looks like they're doing just fine to me.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

Please show me where he called it a failure. And again, how exactly is it a flop? Im still not understanding it. Its producing profit in hardware and software for Nintendo and third party.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/14/nintendos-new-president-predicted-the-wii-u-would-fail/

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By emgesp

What makes the Wii U a flop is pretty easy.

- Did not meet Nintendo's expectations

- Isn't a commerical success

- Market Share dropped substantially compared to the original Wii.

- It will be Nintendo's worst selling home console thus far.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#224 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Why are you bothering with this guy? Even Nintendo has gone on record with Miyamoto explaining in an interview why the U failed.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By emgesp

@MirkoS77 said:

Why are you bothering with this guy? Even Nintendo has gone on record with Miyamoto explaining in an interview why the U failed.

You're right. I almost feel like he's trolling at this point.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#226 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

With their handheld market I think they COULD but I don't think that they want to do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@emgesp:

Go to twitch or YouTube and there you will find billions of ps4 recordings. Go to bestbuy and ps4 releases are next to bluray section and children see aver media and buy it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@AzatiS:

Nintendos software cycle relies on them producing their own hardware. If you hired someone to fix your washroom and they said it'd be done in a week, what would you do if it was done in 8 weeks , or if they came to you and said it is no longer a washroom but is now a kitchen and to access it you've got to walk across the street because said kitchen is now in your neighbors house.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By AzatiS

@Heirren said:

@AzatiS:

Nintendos software cycle relies on them producing their own hardware. If you hired someone to fix your washroom and they said it'd be done in a week, what would you do if it was done in 8 weeks , or if they came to you and said it is no longer a washroom but is now a kitchen and to access it you've got to walk across the street because said kitchen is now in your neighbors house.

Nintendo can provide the same quality titles on ANY platform , they dont need their own console to have cartoony style games like the big 4 , Kart/Smash/Zelda/Mario. You dont make any sense at all as why they need their own console in order to have those big hits out there and make some millions from software sales alone. I can prove it to you with simple maths why theyll sale software as much as ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@AzatiS:

I don't think that you can. Having their own hardware gives them freedom of release schedule. Perhaps quality would be up initially with the funds they've got, but what happens--if software is the sole revenue--when a game in development for 7 years or so does not sell? At this point every single release becomes a risk.

And no publisher would put up with nintendo saying "this game isn't ready this year, or maybe next" or "the game has shifted to the next platform--the game might release 5 years from now," or "the game has been cancelled and the ideas are now being used for this new game but might not be out for 8 years."

People state how overpriced wiiu is but fail to realize that part of that premium price goes towards this means of producing very high quality software,.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#231 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Hard to say at this point because Nintendo had its ups and downs. Gamecube didn't sell well but then Wii outsold both PS3 and Xbox 360. Wii U sold poorly but may be they'll be able to turn things around with their next Console, may be not. Who knows?

One thing is for sure that they need to change things a bit. They need to embrace some modern trends (good ones). Bring new experiences (not just old soul in new body), focus more on online, be a bit more open minded when it comes to user generated content/videos etc.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@emgesp said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@emgesp said:

Nintendo haven't really pushed other Nintendo toys as hard as Amiibos.

If Amiibos were really a Wii U killer app then you would see Wii U sales increase appropriately, but they aren't.

Link?

Link to what?

Your statement's prooof.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#233 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Nintendo = Disney of gaming? I don't think Mario/Link/Pikachu have THAT much universal appeal (let alone on the level as Mickey/Donald/Goofy) as you like to think. If anything, it hardly exists outside their systems where GTA, CoD, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Madden, FIFA, and the like run the show.

These days, with the amount of criticism they're getting, they're either more like George Lucas or a company version of a People's Republic of Tyranny (especially if you're either a third party publisher/developer or a Gaming YouTuber on the latter).

Okay, some people think Sonic has lost it in the Dreamcast era, but why did that series downfall, let alone other noteworthy bad games not get noticed until SEGA lost it's ability to support consoles anymore when the likes of Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 arrived? I never denied never released crap on their own consoles, but it sure wasn't as noticed until they went multiplat and major **** ups (developed or published as the weight's on their shoulders regardless) like Bleach: Shattered Blade, Sonic 06, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Total War: Rome II arrived.

You (as in YOU) still believe that Nintendo is among the best even though the most you've praised on the Wii U wasn't even by Nintendo (besides publishing), but by Platinum Games: Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. Do you think Bethesda is great for Fallout: New Vegas and Dishonored (respectively developed by Obsidian and Arkane), even though you think any Elder Scrolls game and FO3 suck?

Well then what do you suggest if lets say NX fails and Nintendo stops console manufacturing ? Stop making console games all together ?

I'd say pull out of the games industry, because if they failed in the eyes of many, then there can't be enough room.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 emgesp

@LJS9502_basic said:
@emgesp said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@emgesp said:

Nintendo haven't really pushed other Nintendo toys as hard as Amiibos.

If Amiibos were really a Wii U killer app then you would see Wii U sales increase appropriately, but they aren't.

Link?

Link to what?

Your statement's prooof.

I posted sales numbers that are lower this year than previous years. Amiibos aren't helping the Wii U at all in terms of sales.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Coco_pierrot: sony and Microsoft have never milked something on a console as much as nintendo has. The only series that come somewhat close are halo, forza and ratchet and clank.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@Coco_pierrot: sony and Microsoft have never milked something on a console as much as nintendo has. The only series that come somewhat close are halo, forza and ratchet and clank.

So the same then.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By jcrame10

@LJS9502_basic: Wii Mario games:

• Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010)
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football (2007)
  • Super Paper Mario (2007)
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves (2006)
  • WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase (2009)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008
  • Mario Kart Wii (2008)
  • Mario Party 8 (2007)
  • Mario Super Sluggers (2008)
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009)
  • New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis (2009)
  • Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition (2010)
  • Mario Sports Mix (2010)
  • Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (2011)
  • Fortune Street (2011)
  • Mario Party 9 (2012)

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Mario_games

Not quite.

Way more than Halo, Forza or Ratchet last gen.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza HorizonHalo 3Halo WarsHalo: ReachHalo 4 and then you could add Halo 2 anniversary, Halo: ODST, Spartan Assault, Ratchet Quest For Booty, Forza Horizon 2 (xbone/360) and those 3 franchises combined are equal to mario last gen.
Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#238 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@jcrame10: Should see Mario as a skin because you have :

Two 3D platformer
One 2D platformer
Two board/party game
One racing game
A few sport games
One RPGish game
Two whatever fast paced small challenge
One fighting game

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 jcrame10

@mesome713: when a game only comes out once every 3 months on wii u, it's prolly gonna sell well with no new competition.

All amiibo waves sell out.

Considering how ps and xbox are selling well I'm not sure why you think all their games will eventually end up on PC. There's no reason to assume that those console brands are going anywhere.

Uncharted 4 is the last uncharted by the way. Naughty dog doesn't milk their franchises til they're dead- sony allows their devs creative freedom to make new things unlike Microsoft with bungie and epic before and nintendo with retro. sony let ND make a new IP and come out 6 months before ps4 when they could have forced them to make uncharted 4 right then and there. Wish Microsoft and nintendo allowed creative freedom and control like that.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:

The scope of the discussion refers to a "flop" as in a product that has not been well received and purchased. Flop has nothing to do with the finances of Nintendo and this specific console. Have you ever heard a motion picture referred to as a flop even though it made money? What is meant is that it didn't meet the expectations of the company and the consumers. The masses didn't embrace (cough cough spend money) what was offered to them.

Think back to the Wii with all of the shovelware available. Companies would produce utterly low priced crap because there was a high chance casuals would buy the junk. You don't see that same approach today with the Wii U. Developers, gamers and the industry understand this console does not have mass appeal. Hell, it doesn't have much appeal at all to the average gamer. Even Nintendo has acknowledged the obvious.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 jcrame10

@Coco_pierrot said:

@jcrame10: Should see Mario as a skin because you have :

Two 3D platformer

One 2D platformer

Two board/party game

One racing game

A few sport games

One RPGish game

Two whatever fast paced small challenge

One fighting game

yeah, whats your point? and halo wars is a strategy game. full frontal assault and all 4 one are spin off party games. its still the same franchise, the same name, the same lore, world, characters. all the games still have Mario on the cover.

other companies have all those genres of games, they just dont have to put a mascot character in them to sell the game like nintendo thinks they have to do. its not like nintendos games are in any more variety than anyone elses.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#242 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Super Smash Bros. is not a Mario game, you fuckers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 deactivated-58bd60b980002

@jcrame10: ND made Uncharted Drakes Fortune on the Vita and another shitty Uncharted card game for the Vita ... ND also used Crash Bandicoot to made 3 platformer and one racing game à la Mario Kart during the PSOne gen ...

Sony did release like what ... 6 God Of War ( 2 on the PSP, 2 on the PS2 and 2 on the PS3 on top of rereleasing them all on the PS3 )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Show me the quote where he called it a failure. A system not meeting expectations is not a flop, please try again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 deactivated-58bd60b980002

@jcrame10: Nintendo treat their game as a skin ... they think of something and say it would fit with a Mario skin or Zelda skin etc.

My point was that they made two 3D Platformer and one 2D platformer, it isn't milking the platforming genre ... one racing game, again not milking it, one fighting game ... again not milking it, one tennis game, one olympic game etc ... it isn't milking ! Sony ask ND to make three platformer Crash Bandicoot game in one gen ... asked the same thing for Uncharted

Nintendo are very diverse in what they offer even if most of it has Mario in it. How many other developpe can do so many different style of games ? I don,t know any that can do that much, most other only do one style of games and it is pretty much it.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 jcrame10

@Coco_pierrot: technically nintendo is a publisher AND developer, so let's compare the publisher nintendo with it's developers (like retro, EAD) to sony as a publisher and it's developers (naughty dog, sucker punch japan, Santa Monica, ect)

sony has created multiple games in all those genres. Motorstorm, uncharted, littlebigplanet, jak and Daxter, sly cooper, ratchet, god of war ect. Naughty dog is just an extension of sony and one developer- so your point isn't a good one. Let's counter with this: intelligent designs, owned and operated by nintendo, IS nintendo just how naughty dog IS sony, has made fire emblem for 25 years and that's pretty much it (wars series here and there) up until this year with code named steam. How is this any different than ND being one developer making an action adventure shooter like uncharted 3 times in a row. It's just one extension of a much larger company.

Btw, universal owned crash and were the ones having ND pump out crash bandicoot during the ps1 era. ND was under a 3 game contract with universal (crash series) before being bought out by sony.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 jcrame10

@Coco_pierrot: ND did not make Uncharted Abyss for the Vita, and have never made any handheld game.

Also, the god of war games were not all made by Santa Monica studios

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Show me the quote where he called it a failure. A system not meeting expectations is not a flop, please try again.

It didn't even come close to meeting Nintendo's lowest expectations, let alone what they had truly hoped for.

Nintendo sees no future with the Wii U. Their sorry excuse for an E3 Direct last June basically proves this to be the case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@MirkoS77 said:

It didn't even come close to meeting Nintendo's lowest expectations, let alone what they had truly hoped for.

Nintendo sees no future with the Wii U. Their sorry excuse for an E3 Direct last June basically proves this to be the case.

Funny, if they see no future, then why are they using it to print money for them. Why not abandon it like Sony did with the Vita? The answer is simple, altough Wii U didnt meet expectations, Nintendo is very happy with sales of hardware and software. They were highly surprised by the success of Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and Amiibos thanks to Wii U.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
…

Funny, if they see no future, then why are they using it to print money for them. Why not abandon it like Sony did with the Vita? The answer is simple, altough Wii U didnt meet expectations, Nintendo is very happy with sales of hardware and software. They were highly surprised by the success of Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, and Amiibos thanks to Wii U.

You can't be this naive. In no kind of reality would Nintendo be happy with how the Wii U is currently selling on a monthly basis.

The software is only selling well to the current low install base. No game is really pushing Wii U hardware sales in a big way.

Also, they are abandoning it once Zelda gets released