Can Halo 5 save the X1?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#51 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58964 Posts

Xbox is doomed.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Xbox is doomed.

No, Sony is doomed. :)

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#53 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I wasn't aware the One needed saving.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Xbox is doomed.

No, Sony is doomed. :)

Nintendo can has doom pls?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

hahaha omg you are amazing. is it Wii that did that your brains? seems like a dangerous device.

yes the wii did that to my brains...

you got me there... but dont get so ass hurt. look all the save this thread comes from pissed off cows. don't know why you got upset if you are a hermit.

i didn't get upset. i just think that ps3 was a better console in my eyes than wii. sure, wii did much better commercially. justin bieber does very well commercially too. i love nintendo games, and i guess that's why i'm so upset at nintendo for making the wii...

yes you are upset.

and im sure the beatles sold more than justin beiber.

i think you think of nintendo as a 2ndry console so when it suddenly became the #1 console and ridiclued the playstation it upset you.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Interest in Halo is at an all time low. We'll see.

Halo 4 sold ten million. The game is the face of Xbox. And 343 has been working on it since 2012. I don't think the One needs saving, but this is the biggest weapon in its arsenal and it will sell systems. It's always a number of things, and not any one game, that turns a consoles sales fortunes around. Halo is huge, and will be supported by a new TV series by Steven Spielberg and a new movie by Ridely Scott. Halo is the premier Xbox brand. I think everyone involved knows it has to be spectacular, and I think it will be.

They really out to get a new face then.

So since the last game sold ten million copies, Steven Spielberg is doing the TV show, Ridely Scott is doing the movie and MS will likely market the unholy hell out of this game you feel it shouldn't be the face of Xbox? Who then?

Can you give us proof link?

I'm not doubting you i'd just like to see for myself.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Halo+4

Halo 4 at 8.9 million sales, so I was wrong about it hitting ten. Still best selling Halo game to date

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/28/5658576/halo-tv-movie-games

Currently, he said, the team is looking specifically at a half-dozen properties and are are in early stage discussions with the studios behind those games. Those games include Fable, Age of Empires, Forza, State of Decay and Gears of War. The Halo TV series executive produced by Steven Spielberg is in production and the Halo digital feature being produced by Ridley Scott starts shooting this week for a release later this year, they said.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/ridley-scott-and-microsoft-team-for-halo-digital-feature

According to Microsoft, a “digital feature project” based on the Halo game series is in fact in the works from 343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios, and Ridley Scott’s Scott Free Productions. The feature will be released later this year and will be executive produced by Scott and Scott Free TV President David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes) will direct the feature.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Halo 4 sold ten million. The game is the face of Xbox. And 343 has been working on it since 2012. I don't think the One needs saving, but this is the biggest weapon in its arsenal and it will sell systems. It's always a number of things, and not any one game, that turns a consoles sales fortunes around. Halo is huge, and will be supported by a new TV series by Steven Spielberg and a new movie by Ridely Scott. Halo is the premier Xbox brand. I think everyone involved knows it has to be spectacular, and I think it will be.

So since the last game sold ten million copies, Steven Spielberg is doing the TV show, Ridely Scott is doing the movie and MS will likely market the unholy hell out of this game you feel it shouldn't be the face of Xbox? Who then?

Halo 4 at 8.9 million sales, so I was wrong about it hitting ten. Still best selling Halo game to date

Currently, he said, the team is looking specifically at a half-dozen properties and are are in early stage discussions with the studios behind those games. Those games include Fable, Age of Empires, Forza, State of Decay and Gears of War. The Halo TV series executive produced by Steven Spielberg is in production and the Halo digital feature being produced by Ridley Scott starts shooting this week for a release later this year, they said.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/ridley-scott-and-microsoft-team-for-halo-digital-feature

According to Microsoft, a “digital feature project” based on the Halo game series is in fact in the works from 343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios, and Ridley Scott’s Scott Free Productions. The feature will be released later this year and will be executive produced by Scott and Scott Free TV President David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes) will direct the feature.

I thought Halo 3 sold much more?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By shawn30

@SolidGame_basic said:
@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I thought Halo 3 sold much more?

My bad, you're right. Halo 3 sold 11.8 million, and Halo 4 sold 8.9.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I thought TF was the lord savior of Xbawx???? Back those money trucks up *beep* *beep* *beep*

You forgot to pay the parking meter.

Sig

___

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161292436349?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

why should i care for 5 when the fourth one sucked

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@underdog123x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Halo? LOL that crappy 343 shooter? LMFAO, who cares.

And thought it was all about Titanfall...everyone seems to be bored with that too though.

I know PS4 fanboys still rave about Knack, because it's their best game. But when you have an Xbox One you can always look out to new superb games. We had Titanfall, and now we are looking at Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and some other exclusives we are going to see in June.

And PS4 has no upcoming games? LOL

Also E3 is around the corner, we will see.

A PS3 Esque racing game and The Order, You have so much to look forward to in 2014

Still better than the crap that's announced for Xbone.

As you can see in sales, people prefer PS4 over the Xbone 720p.

Also E3 is coming

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

X1 doesnt need saving, lol.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Xbox One does not need saving.

Also keep Halo sequels away from the Xbox One, they will eventually choke out the fresh ips just like 7th gen.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By inggrish

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@underdog123x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

And thought it was all about Titanfall...everyone seems to be bored with that too though.

I know PS4 fanboys still rave about Knack, because it's their best game. But when you have an Xbox One you can always look out to new superb games. We had Titanfall, and now we are looking at Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and some other exclusives we are going to see in June.

A PS3 Esque racing game and The Order, You have so much to look forward to in 2014

Also E3 is coming

Haha you are such a cow, Microsoft is going to win E3 this year.

wrong.

Nintendo will

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

They really need to freshen Halo up. Like, properly. I don't care how many Halo fans they'll piss off.

Still, it sells a lot, and people dig it. Not to mention the X1 doesn't need saving.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Suppaman100

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@underdog123x said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Also E3 is coming

Haha you are such a cow, Microsoft is going to win E3 this year.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

The only thing needing saving is Sony. There is nothing on the PlayStation that even comes close to the Halo franchise.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Let me put it this way: The console war is still up in the air. Why? Microsoft made a lot of poor decisions later in the xbox360s lifecycle and sony did the opposite with the ps3. Sony has been setting themselves up for ps4 since before it was even announced. They put money into games that were not guaranteed hits, many of which under performed. This is why ps4, in addition to pricing and power decisions, has got a jump on the xbox brand. However, across both consoles, there yes yet to be one title that screams "Oh My, that is incredible. I need to get that," at least imo. If Halo fills this gap, it could build a lot of momentum for Microsoft. They do need to figure out this Kinect nonsense, though.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Halo will be a success and do wonders for Xbox and its fans. As usual.

The question we should be asking is how long Playstation can continue its run with poor exclusives and not much on the horizon. The Order 1776 has hope but ultimately will being mediocre. How long will Sony fans put up with this?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By inggrish

@Scipio8 said:

The only thing needing saving is Sony. There is nothing on the PlayStation that even comes close to the Halo franchise.

I would say Killzone comes pretty close

In that it is also a generic piece of crap shooter with no originality and lacking greatly in gameplay as stuck in a non evolving archaic formula due to it's fanbase and sales.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Suppaman100

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#78 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Halo 3 was the first big system seller outside Gears of War. But Halo has lost a lot of its novelty factor, so I do not believe it has the pull anymore.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Halo has kind of dipped in interest. Though I'd imagine those that do love the series already have the X1 anyway.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It just doesn't have the sales. Xone will continue to wallow in its mediocrity, where it belongs.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Wasn't the main reason to own a 360 last gen was the Halo series and better multiplats? Well, we all know who's getting the better multiplats this gen (hint: PS4). Halo has been by far MS's most successful exclusive, but is it enough to make the X1 truly succesful? The original Xbox had Halo & Halo 2 yet still couldn't come close to PS2.

Bonus Question: Could Wii U become 2nd place as a result? It has very strong exclusives that people seem to be still interested in AND it's much cheaper.

Xbone doesn't nee saving , MS are making a ton of moiney on it, it may not be selling as well as the PS4 buyt that doesn't mean it needs saving.

It had a more successful launch in the uk than the 360 and the 360 was the only next gen console on the market at the time, also, the 360 was 10 million ahead of the Ps3 when it released, regardless of the year head start , the Xbone is at less of a disadvantage against the PS4 as the PS3's disadvantage against the 360.

This whole 'X console is selling better than Y console so therefore Y console must be failing or need saving' logic is a complete load of fanboy drivel.

I believe, like last gen, individual Halo games will outsell any individual Exclusive on the Ps4, whether cows like it or not Halo is one of the best selling games franchises of all time and will continue to be so well into the future

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#82  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Boy I can't wait for halo it's the reason I got an x1

Sony just doesn't have the blockbuster titles Microsoft does

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

@SolidGame_basic: Why does a $500 console that's sold over 4 million systems in almost 6 months need saving?

Because a $600 one sold actually more on that same time frame and was consider a failure sales wise for basically all last gen..

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol oh sheen's so scared you are becoming delusional.

You gotta love how a difference of 2.5-3.5 million units mean the competition is dying, yet the healthy 8 million lead the 360 had over the ps3 for quite a while meant nothing, the 360 would soon die, and the ps3 would surpass it in a month...etc...etc

The xbox 360 took US and UK sony Japan and mainland EU,so how is MS suppose to make the difference from when they are losing in all countries now.? Oh i forgot you weren't on the last NPD thread we all know you saw it,didn't you saw what happen.? The PS4 outsold the xbox one even with Titanfall included free,oh and since March 20 the xbox one was been sold at retailers like Walmart for $449 with Titanfall which is actually $10 dollars cheaper than a PS4 with a game and still the PS4 outsold it...

So yeah things don't change for MS soon it will reach point of no return,maybe you should analyze your argument in the first place,sony with a bad performing console sales wise,still was able to catch MS,what do you think it will happen when MS doesn't have an advantage any more..

3 million difference in just 4 months and half month of sales is allot,if the trend continue the xbox one could be some 7 to 9 million behind by years end..

@Cloud_imperium said:

Xbox One doesn't need saving and Halo 5 will sell lot of consoles . Halo 4 had sold over 8 million copies on previous Xbox . It is Sony that needs to be saved , they are losing billions every year . Hopefully things will get better , Sony going down can hurt game industry . Competition is good (Plus lot of people will lose their jobs) .

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.................

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Save ? you say that like Xbox one only sold 100 units . its 4.4 million , 2.8 million behind PS4 .

Halo 5 will boost Xbox one sales for sure . but it won't have the Impact like Halo 3 back in 2007 . I mean ... when Halo 3 came out xbox 360 nearly dominated PS3 . but Halo 5 won't be like that , it is the sixth major Halo game and the series has become a bit stale . I still like the Universe tho ... but if they are going to make more Halo's beside 5 and 6 .... I won't buy them .

anyway , many guys are waiting for Halo and then buy their Xbox with it . so it will have effect on Xbox sales . but it won't surpass PS4 sales . a big Price drop for xbox one might do that .

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Halo sucks in comparison to what people have to play. Microsoft is ....ed!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Save it from what, doing better than the Wii U?

The Xbone has more games that interest me than the PS4 both currently and in the foreseeable future (next 1-2 years). Chances are, I will most definitely be getting a Bone before a PS4.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

And yet that crappy 343 shooter sold better than any PS3 or PS4 exclusive.

If only that were true. Gran Turismo 5 sold more than Halo 4.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61482 Posts

In order to save it from being fairly popular? Okay...

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

I will most likely buy an Xbox One when Halo 5 comes out honestly. The Halo series has always been one of my favorites and provides me with at least a year of fun. If it ends up getting average reviews (which I doubt), I'll probably reconsider, but as of now Halo 5 is a system seller for me. My multiplats will still mostly be purchased on PC and some on PS4, but I've always loved Halo and don't want to miss out on the next-generation of the franchise.

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

As long as its nothing like Halo Reach/4 and a natural progression of the gamemplay style of Ce, 2, and 3

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#92 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Wasn't the main reason to own a 360 last gen was the Halo series and better multiplats? Well, we all know who's getting the better multiplats this gen (hint: PS4). Halo has been by far MS's most successful exclusive, but is it enough to make the X1 truly succesful? The original Xbox had Halo & Halo 2 yet still couldn't come close to PS2.

Bonus Question: Could Wii U become 2nd place as a result? It has very strong exclusives that people seem to be still interested in AND it's much cheaper.

Being that the X1 is outpacing the WiiU in sales, I doubt WiiU will sell more by gen's end. I don't see what X1 needs to be saved from exactly. Its selling faster than the 360 did, and PS3 did for that matter. Funny last gen Sony "won" in cows minds because of games; this gen because of sales. If sales count now, they did last gen. Wii = winner. This gen PS4 will = winner. But I am more interested in playing games on as many platforms as I can, so I win.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

Will it help sell consoles? Yes but it won't save the console. People who like Halo have either already bought an Xbox One or will eventually buy one. Microsoft needs a new exclusive IP on Xbox One that's capable of attracting a lot of new people.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Xbone doesn't nee saving , MS are making a ton of moiney on it, it may not be selling as well as the PS4 buyt that doesn't mean it needs saving.

It had a more successful launch in the uk than the 360 and the 360 was the only next gen console on the market at the time, also, the 360 was 10 million ahead of the Ps3 when it released, regardless of the year head start , the Xbone is at less of a disadvantage against the PS4 as the PS3's disadvantage against the 360.

This whole 'X console is selling better than Y console so therefore Y console must be failing or need saving' logic is a complete load of fanboy drivel.

I believe, like last gen, individual Halo games will outsell any individual Exclusive on the Ps4, whether cows like it or not Halo is one of the best selling games franchises of all time and will continue to be so well into the future

However, there wasn't enough supply last gen of either console to really say the X1 is selling faster. Sure if there is more in stock...that doesn't translate into it being more in demand.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#95 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

The title might regardless of quality, it's a big name people recognize, but with 343 at the helm I don't imagine anything very satisfying. Maybe if Destiny bombs Bungie might be bagging MS to do another Halo title.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@walloftruth: and KillZone outsold TitanFall.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tormentos: That $600 console was the cheapest Blu Ray player option for almost a year as well. And was considered a failure cause nobody bought games for it just movies.

And of course you need to show proof that the $600 console sold 4+ million in the first almost 6 months

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#99 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Very strong points, especially with the TV series which will be extra promo. I see Halo selling alot of consoles.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@FastRobby: The environments in Halo were lame at best.