Can Halo 5 save the X1?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

Wasn't the main reason to own a 360 last gen was the Halo series and better multiplats? Well, we all know who's getting the better multiplats this gen (hint: PS4). Halo has been by far MS's most successful exclusive, but is it enough to make the X1 truly succesful? The original Xbox had Halo & Halo 2 yet still couldn't come close to PS2.

Bonus Question: Could Wii U become 2nd place as a result? It has very strong exclusives that people seem to be still interested in AND it's much cheaper.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Interest in Halo is at an all time low. We'll see.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Halo 4 sold ten million. The game is the face of Xbox. And 343 has been working on it since 2012. I don't think the One needs saving, but this is the biggest weapon in its arsenal and it will sell systems. It's always a number of things, and not any one game, that turns a consoles sales fortunes around. Halo is huge, and will be supported by a new TV series by Steven Spielberg and a new movie by Ridely Scott. Halo is the premier Xbox brand. I think everyone involved knows it has to be spectacular, and I think it will be.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

# The Xbox One is doing great. Microsoft is making money hand over fist. Just because it isn't beating the PS4 doesn't mean it's in need of saving.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I don't think it needs saving at this time. It just needs more exclusive games and new IPs. Halo 5 probably won't get released until next year. If anything we might see a Halo 2 Anniversary for XB1 along with Forza Horizon 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

when will that come anyway? hasn't Bungie been busy with Destiny lately? about Wii U, i really wanna see some games. i'd love myself some Nintendo, but it's pretty deserted there. couple cool Mario games only. one amazing Metroid title could stir things up nicely.

@donalbane said:

# The Xbox One is doing great. Microsoft is making money hand over fist. Just because it isn't beating the PS4 doesn't mean it's in need of saving.

well said, sir.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Halo 4 sold ten million. The game is the face of Xbox. And 343 has been working on it since 2012. I don't think the One needs saving, but this is the biggest weapon in its arsenal and it will sell systems. It's always a number of things, and not any one game, that turns a consoles sales fortunes around. Halo is huge, and will be supported by a new TV series by Steven Spielberg and a new movie by Ridely Scott. Halo is the premier Xbox brand. I think everyone involved knows it has to be spectacular, and I think it will be.

They really out to get a new face then.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

This is true, sadly. It's the result of the CoD release schedule and the absence of Bungie.

Halo 5 is going to have to do something incredible to make a huge impact.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shawn30

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

So since the last game sold ten million copies, Steven Spielberg is doing the TV show, Ridely Scott is doing the movie and MS will likely market the unholy hell out of this game you feel it shouldn't be the face of Xbox? Who then?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Halo? LOL that crappy 343 shooter? LMFAO, who cares.

And thought it was all about Titanfall...everyone seems to be bored with that too though.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Halo needs to save itself

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Xbox One doesn't need saving, but yeah Halo 5 will move sales. And it will do extremely well in North America and UK only.

The Halo series are like COD I do not understand how people enjoy them, but they will sale like hot cakes.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

So since the last game sold ten million copies, Steven Spielberg is doing the TV show, Ridely Scott is doing the movie and MS will likely market the unholy hell out of this game you feel it shouldn't be the face of Xbox? Who then?

I thought TF was the lord savior of Xbawx???? Back those money trucks up *beep* *beep* *beep*

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shawn30

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I thought TF was the lord savior of Xbawx???? Back those money trucks up *beep* *beep* *beep*

Nope. Titanfall is a pillar like Gears, Forza, and Fable. But Halo wears the crown and that will never change. :) Those Microsoft money trucks are endless :)

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Halo is still a very big franchise, regardless of what the internet peoples would have you believe. It does appear to be on a downward trajectory, though. Microsoft needs the Xbone to be the same price or less than the PS4 before Halo comes if they are going to get the kind of impact that they would expect from a new Halo game.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Wasn't the main reason to own a 360 last gen was the Halo series and better multiplats? Well, we all know who's getting the better multiplats this gen (hint: PS4). Halo has been by far MS's most successful exclusive, but is it enough to make the X1 truly succesful? The original Xbox had Halo & Halo 2 yet still couldn't come close to PS2.

Bonus Question: Could Wii U become 2nd place as a result? It has very strong exclusives that people seem to be still interested in AND it's much cheaper.

Why does the XB1 need "saving"? It's been out for about 6 months, and MS has shipped 5.1 million units. While it's not selling as fast as PS4, it certainly is not selling "poorly".

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Halo? LOL that crappy 343 shooter? LMFAO, who cares.

And thought it was all about Titanfall...everyone seems to be bored with that too though.

I know PS4 fanboys still rave about Knack, because it's their best game. But when you have an Xbox One you can always look out to new superb games. We had Titanfall, and now we are looking at Halo, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and some other exclusives we are going to see in June.

And PS4 has no upcoming games? LOL

Also E3 is around the corner, we will see.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It needs saving?. Or do you mean "to better compete with the PS4"?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Nope. Titanfall is a pillar like Gears, Forza, and Fable. But Halo wears the crown and that will never change. :) Those Microsoft money trucks are endless :)

We'll see if next game is on the #1 selling console who has broken sales records across the board, the juggernaut PS4 :D

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

It doesn't need Halo to be "saved." It's doing just fine.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

The better question is will the ps4 save Sony.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

It can't. Sony won't be around 10 years from now. The Playstation brand is very valuable, though. I'm sure somebody will keep it going. Let's just hope it's somebody who cares about gaming.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Can you give us proof link?
I'm not doubting you i'd just like to see for myself.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shawn30

@NFJSupreme said:

That's the real question here. Can the PS4 prop Sony up enough for Kaz's fixes to start kicking in. As well as the PS4 is selling it doesn't bring in near the kind of revenue Sony needs to stay afloat. In 2 years the Japanese government will step in with a bailout. You know its bad when you have to release a press statement about your losses being worse than you expected 2 weeks before the official quarterly report.

343 knows what Halo means to the One. They are a massive dev company with a number of ex-Bungie people on staff. The pressure is on no doubt, but I think they are going to deliver.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

all this will so&so save this or that...all comes from the ps fanboys resentment failure that was the ps3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@KBFloYd said:

all this will so&so save this or that...all comes from the ps fanboys resentment failure that was the ps3.

what ever you say, wii sports.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lbjkurono23

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Gears could've been it, but they ran that franchise to the ground in one gen. For starters they did a poll not too long ago, and the people said they wanted new exciting ip, instead of sequels. Breath some life into that soulless line up. How about some exclusive collaboration with third party studios, try something other than the Halo, Forza, Gears,Fable combination(not saying to stop making these, since there is a market for them), but offer something different , and exciting. Action adventure games, rpg(remember when they had the likes of kotor, jade empire, lost Odyssey, blue dragon).

They had some interesting games back then like Otogi, Breakdown, Phantom Dragoon Orta, Chromehounds, Mech Assault, Oddworld's stranger's wrath, Gun Valkyrie, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey,Still Life, Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse, The outfit, they also had Dino crisis 3 exclusive, how about funding a reboot. The series would be great with the new engine. MS was a lot better back then, when they didn't rely in 4 games and timed exclusive maps for cod. Back then they weren't afraid to try different games. MS really went to shit.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By KBFloYd

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

see...you sony fanboys still can't accept it.

but hey...sony is suffering because of you clowns.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

its ok...sony is suffering because of you clowns.

i like you already.

i actually DO have a Sony tv hooked to my PC, so i guess i'm a Sony fanboy. and a clown.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Microsoft is making money off the console they'd tell you the console doesn't need saving. Considering it's my go to system right now I'd also say it doesn't need saving. halo will just be another title we can all enjoy.

Idontremember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Idontremember
Member since 2003 • 965 Posts

Sku price drop, with no Kinect, and halo 5 included...
MS will sell a load of Xbone then.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

That's the real question here. Can the PS4 prop Sony up enough for Kaz's fixes to start kicking in. As well as the PS4 is selling it doesn't bring in near the kind of revenue Sony needs to stay afloat. In 2 years the Japanese government will step in with a bailout. You know its bad when you have to release a press statement about your losses being worse than you expected 2 weeks before the official quarterly report.

343 knows what Halo means to the One. They are a massive dev company with a number of ex-Bungie people on staff. The pressure is on no doubt, but I think they are going to deliver.

More armchair analysis. Can I borrow your crystal ball to see how my weekend will go?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

That's a legit question.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KBFloYd

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

i like you already.

i actually DO have a Sony tv hooked to my PC, so i guess i'm a Sony fanboy. and a clown.

whatever you say sony closet clown.

i dont care you bought a sony tv that you and 2 other people bought.

playstation 3 failure and wii success still irks you....all this save this and save that comes from ps3 blunder.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Why does a $500 console that's sold over 4 million systems in almost 6 months need saving?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

i like you already.

playstation 3 failure still taps your ass....all this save this ...and save that comes from ps3 blunder.

hahaha omg you are amazing. is it Wii that did that your brains? seems like a dangerous device.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It doesn't need saving, and Microsoft are building a pretty solid ecosystem. If it can have cross apps with phones and computers as well as more entertainment features and finally a more sweet price point so everyone can jump on board, then I think it will do really well. It is already doing well, and this starting period has just been a rebuilding exercise for the brand. Once they hit where they want to be it will be a sweet system.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol oh sheen's so scared you are becoming delusional.

You gotta love how a difference of 2.5-3.5 million units mean the competition is dying, yet the healthy 8 million lead the 360 had over the ps3 for quite a while meant nothing, the 360 would soon die, and the ps3 would surpass it in a month...etc...etc

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KBFloYd

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

playstation 3 failure still taps your ass....all this save this ...and save that comes from ps3 blunder.

hahaha omg you are amazing. is it Wii that did that your brains? seems like a dangerous device.

yes the wii did that to my brains...

you got me there... but dont get so ass hurt. look all the save this thread comes from pissed off cows. don't know why you got upset if you are a hermit.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lbjkurono23

Do you say anything worth a while nowadays? , All I see is "sheens this", "sheens that" you're letting sw go to your head a bit too much.

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol oh sheen's so scared you are becoming delusional.

You gotta love how a difference of 2.5-3.5 million units mean the competition is dying, yet the healthy 8 million lead the 360 had over the ps3 for quite a while meant nothing, the 360 would soon die, and the ps3 would surpass it in a month...etc...etc

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#47 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Xbox One doesn't need saving and Halo 5 will sell lot of consoles . Halo 4 had sold over 8 million copies on previous Xbox . It is Sony that needs to be saved , they are losing billions every year . Hopefully things will get better , Sony going down can hurt game industry . Competition is good (Plus lot of people will lose their jobs) .

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I think the next Halo will certainly help to move consoles but I don't think the X1 needs to be saved. It's doing pretty well as it is. Just not as well as the PS4.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shawn30

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

@shawn30 said:

@charizard1605 said:

Gears could've been it, but they ran that franchise to the ground in one gen. For starters they did a poll not too long ago, and the people said they wanted new exciting ip, instead of sequels. Breath some life into that soulless line up. How about some exclusive collaboration with third party studios, try something other than the Halo, Forza, Gears,Fable combination(not saying to stop making these, since there is a market for them), but offer something different , and exciting. Action adventure games, rpg(remember when they had the likes of kotor, jade empire, lost Odyssey, blue dragon).

They had some interesting games back then like Otogi, Breakdown, Phantom Dragoon Orta, Chromehounds, Mech Assault, Oddworld's stranger's wrath, Gun Valkyrie, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey,Still Life, Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse, The outfit, they also had Dino crisis 3 exclusive, how about funding a reboot. The series would be great with the new engine. MS was a lot better back then, when they didn't rely in 4 games and timed exclusive maps for cod. Back then they weren't afraid to try different games. MS really went to shit.

I think Crackdown 3 could be a huge addition, and Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and the 4-player co-op RPG Fable Legends all have potential. Not to mention Phil Spencer already stated that E3 will show off new IPs as well. And the next gen State of Decay has a ton of potential as well. MS has done a very good job with the One thus far, and I think E3 will surprise a number of people with what they have to offer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@KBFloYd said:

@groowagon said:

@KBFloYd said:

yes the wii did that to my brains...

you got me there... but dont get so ass hurt. look all the save this thread comes from pissed off cows. don't know why you got upset if you are a hermit.

i didn't get upset. i just think that ps3 was a better console in my eyes than wii. sure, wii did much better commercially. justin bieber does very well commercially too. i love nintendo games, and i guess that's why i'm so upset at nintendo for making the wii...