Calling all Community Contributors!

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Have you seen some interesting forum posts this week? Did you write an amazing blog about games? Perhaps you reviewed one of the new releases or an oldie that you felt needed another moment in the spotlight.

Well my friend, you've come to the right place.

We want you to share your content, and we mean all of it.

Your blogs, your reviews, your art, your videos, your twitch streams. You name it, as long as it's related to video games we want a link to it.

Submitting is easy; simply leave a forum post in this thread about the content that you wish to highlight, or someone else's content on GameSpot that you feel deserves a little shout out and we may feature it in on our community blog and across our social feeds.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Why is the Bug Reporting and Feedback forum full of threads without any mod/admin/staff responses?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Blabadon

Also, for the sake of clarity:

1) Where is the community blog?

2) How often will this thread be checked?

3) If this thread dies down, will it forever be a sticky?

4) Does it have to be someone's else work on GameSpot? In case you didn't notice, people stopped doing that stuff here.

5) Is there a way I could get in contact with the staff, particularly Chris Watters?

Here's a thread of mine that I thought was cool:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/fact-pokemon-x-y-aren-t-the-best-pokemon-games-thi-31010383/

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blabadon

@Slashkice said:

Pedal to the Metal is a community contribution and it could use a sticky here. Just sayin'.

inb4 System War Awards get locked again for months

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Slashkice said:

Pedal to the Metal is a community contribution and it could use a sticky here. Just sayin'.

We try to involve the entire community with our podcast and ALL are welcomed to join. PM me or The Eroica and we'll get you on.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blabadon

@Heil68 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Slashkice said:

We try to involve the entire community with our podcast and ALL are welcomed to join. PM me or The Eroica and we'll get you on.

Let's get Synthia on P2M.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Slashkice said:

Wooooooord

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68

@Blabadon said:

@Heil68 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Slashkice said:

Let's get Synthia on P2M.

We have asked her and she hasn't committed yet. It's tough for staff as this is their real life job and what they do to make a living, not to mention there could be legal reasons that the parent company might not allow them to be on such things.

Nonetheless we would be thrilled to have any staff memeber on the show and welcome them to come on.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, Pedal to the Metal is definitely useful.

I've seen it in action. It's definitely System Wars coming together, dropping their weapons, and just chatting about the industry. If anything should be promoted, it's that.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I've seen it in action. It's definitely System Wars coming together, dropping their weapons, and just chatting about the industry. If anything should be promoted, it's that.

I don't know if I'd go that far, Freedom old son.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@DarkLink77 said:

Well, at least we don't call each other basement virgin dwellers or something like it :p

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blabadon

@DarkLink77 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Dude, Animal Mother and finalstar found peace in that shit.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22675 Posts

@DarkLink77: @Slashkice: @mems_1224: @freedomfreak: Thanks guys... means a lot... It's a slow burn sometimes, but our goal has always been to put you guys at the center of it... weapons or no weapons :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I agree with everyone here... P2M has become a large part of the community, in a relatively short period. Well worth being featured by the site.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 digitaldame

@lundy86_4 said:

I agree with everyone here... P2M has become a large part of the community, in a relatively short period. Well worth being featured by the site.

I actually really love P2M, it was one of the things that made me want to make TheEroica a mod in the first place and I totally plan to have it get some spotlight treatment in the GameSpot blog provided there isn't anything that would void it from being considered.

Also, I haven't been on it because I -REALLY- hate the sound of my own voice. There's also weird logistic issues that I have to check with management about but other than that I'd love to get you guys in contact with other staff members. Even if it is just a text based Q&A that you reference later.

As far as why *I* am not in the tech support thread more these days is because I don't have any updates for you. I hate to say that (believe me when I say that) but it gets taxing coming back to you (the royal you) with the same old "we're working on it." These things are still being looked at and there are a few dev's who contribute from time to time.

One of the features in Mondays report is actually going to be a segment called "Bugging Out" which is essentially about bug fixes or patches that have been made. At the moment though, they're still working on optimization for site speed since that seems to be one of the larger complaints.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blabadon

Synthia, you condescended the wrong user :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68

@lundy86_4 said:

Thanks man. We would love to have you on too Lundy, you're one of the best debaters on the forum and would be a great guest. We can accommodate almost any schedule and will even do weekends if that works best.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@DigitalDame: Thanks for that! It is much appreciated... We've chatted, you know there is a spot on the show for you anytime... I think the community would really dig hearing you speak about the new gamespot and all the trials and tribulations that went into its design... we have our point of view, it would be awesome to have you color that picture in more...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Heil68

@TheEroica said:

@DigitalDame: Thanks for that! It is much appreciated... We've chatted, you know there is a spot on the show for you anytime... I think the community would really dig hearing you speak about the new gamespot and all the trials and tribulations that went into its design... we have our point of view, it would be awesome to have you color that picture in more...

Yeah, and we've already heard your voice through Skype, you sound great. Everyone is always paranoid about that, but in the end they all have a good time on our show talking about a hobby they are passionate about.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68 said:

@TheEroica said:

Yeah, and we've already heard your voice through Skype, you sound great. Everyone is always paranoid about that, but in the end they all have a good time on our show talking about a hobby they are passionate about.

+1 Heil68 preaching the Live, Love, Learn lifestyle....

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Asking for community support when spam threads on other boards go unlocked for 15 hours? Get your mods to tcob first them get back to me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bigboi500

@Bigboi500 said:

Asking for community support when spam threads on other boards go unlocked for 15 hours? Get your mods to tcob first them get back to me.

My god, they're still there! The Sony forum is packed with advertising spam and the thread that had been there for 15 hours unlocked and not removed has now been there for 24 hours.

It gives one the feeling that the staff has all but abandoned this website.

ohaifrancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ohaifrancy
Member since 2013 • 126 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Also, for the sake of clarity:

1) Where is the community blog?

2) How often will this thread be checked?

3) If this thread dies down, will it forever be a sticky?

4) Does it have to be someone's else work on GameSpot? In case you didn't notice, people stopped doing that stuff here.

5) Is there a way I could get in contact with the staff, particularly Chris Watters?

Here's a thread of mine that I thought was cool:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/fact-pokemon-x-y-aren-t-the-best-pokemon-games-thi-31010383/

1) The GameSpot blog is on the left side of the community tab. (pictured below)

You can also go to http://www.gamespot.com/community directly.

2) This thread will be checked daily by community managers.

3) No, you can post your own work (like you did :)).

4) Yes, it has to be on GameSpot. We are trying to encourage the community to use the website tools.

5) You can contact Chris Watters through our DMs or on twitter.

Thanks for sharing your content!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blabadon

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit

GameSpot staff responding to their community?

ohaifrancy legit for staff member of the year. Thanks for the tips and answers, I'll make use of them

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Thanks man. We would love to have you on too Lundy, you're one of the best debaters on the forum and would be a great guest. We can accommodate almost any schedule and will even do weekends if that works best.

I should give it a go one time :P My schedule is pretty crazy though, so I rarely know when i'm free.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheEroica  Moderator

@Blabadon said:

Holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit holy shit

ohaifrancy legit for staff member of the year. Thanks for the tips and answers, I'll make use of them

Banned for cussing at staff... :P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blabadon

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon said:

I didn't cuss at them, I cussed with th-

Oh, that doesn't apply here, does it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#29 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's been said already, but it can't be said enough, so I'll reiterate it anyway: Pedal to the Metal is legitimately the best thing to have come out of this board. It deserves to be highlighted at every opportunity (including this one), and it deserves its sticky back (especially when other, less deserving threads keep their sticky for months in spite of total inactivity).

Just saying.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheEroica  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

It's been said already, but it can't be said enough, so I'll reiterate it anyway: Pedal to the Metal is legitimately the best thing to have come out of this board. It deserves to be highlighted at every opportunity (including this one), and it deserves its sticky back (especially when other, less deserving threads keep their sticky for months in spite of total inactivity).

Just saying.

I love you

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator

@Bigboi500: I took them all down for you... My first moderation *tears :'(

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bigboi500

@TheEroica said:

Gold star for the new guy. :P

Since you're in like Flynn now with those guys, find out what's behind all the slacking off of late.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

@TheEroica said:

I love, that you love Charz for loving our show.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Won't even lie. I never really paid attention to it, but taking a glance at it; it's clear why everyone likes it.

@Bigboi500 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

My god, they're still there! The Sony forum is packed with advertising spam and the thread that had been there for 15 hours unlocked and not removed has now been there for 24 hours.

It gives one the feeling that the staff has all but abandoned this website.

I've been trying to clean out the mobile forum myself. A new mod "class" just joined so I'm fairly confident we will see this begin to fade. I'm fairly new to the mod scene, but I guarantee you. If you "flag" something, we WILL see it. The mods are fantastic, but they were getting flooded with spam. There's some new blood to help them out.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I'd doubt that, specially if they actually had the derps of SW on there I'm sure no one would be coming together. I've noticed they use a lot of the high profile users like yourself and sean (I think he's been on there), it's like who can hate these guys, the answer is no one cause they're awesome ;).

If PettM had users like Jakandsigz, Jankarcop, Atarikid, JM, Mems (I'm kidding <3) then you can see the actual face of SW, a place of disappointment.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Ballroompirate: haha funny... Maybe, who knows. All of those guys have open invites, though I will say Heil and I both reach out to users all the time and if you have suggestions or want to be on yourself, say the word!

Sadly, what we find is many of the more outspoken polarizing folks on system wars can sometimes be the most reluctant to join us....

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ballroompirate

@TheEroica said:

@Ballroompirate: haha funny... Maybe, who knows. All of those guys have open invites, though I will say Heil and I both reach out to users all the time and if you have suggestions or want to be on yourself, say the word!

Sadly, what we find is many of the more outspoken polarizing folks on system wars can sometimes be the most reluctant to join us....

I've only followed a few of the PTTM but the ones I have followed were done pretty well, probably one of the best things to happen to SW besides the SW monthly which needs to be revived again.

I don't think I could actually follow a PTTM if say jakandsigz was in it, just cause the amount of derp a person like that can spew is too much to handle. As for myself I was actually thinking about asking to be in PTTM last year before the whole site rework, but lately I barely spend time on here after the rework, I went from posting a good 15-50 times a day to a good 2-3 times a day. Actually the last two days have been my most active days since Oct or w/e they did the rework (someone has to keep the village idiots in check, which is my responsibility).

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEroica  Moderator

@Ballroompirate: that's the fun of it though, we just want to talk games and maybe a few opinions about the community... We know you, it doesn't matter how many times a day you post. Think about it, let us know... And thanks for the kind words about the show. :)

ohaifrancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ohaifrancy
Member since 2013 • 126 Posts
@Blabadon said:

@TheEroica said:

@Blabadon said:

I didn't cuss at them, I cussed with th-

Oh, that doesn't apply here, does it...

I'll allow it, lol.

@Bigboi500 said:

@TheEroica said:

Gold star for the new guy. :P

Since you're in like Flynn now with those guys, find out what's behind all the slacking off of late.

The mod queues have been a bit crazy, but we are working on it. Things will be changing this year and we just ask everyone to be a bit patient.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Love PTTM, I haven't listened to most, but the ones I have, have been amazing to listen to while working. PTTM needs more love and recognition.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Question:

Would me posting shots from my work in the Unreal Engine count as acceptable?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Dude, Animal Mother and finalstar found peace in that shit.

Holy shit.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Also, this thread is nice. At this point, i honestly expected the staff to let the forums die out and focus solely on the site, like i've seen happen in the past with other forums tied with popular sites. So this thread is a very welcome addition, and i definitely support the idea that Pedal to the Metal should have the spotlight.

I know how hard it can be to keep a project going with passion, especially now wen the forums are what they are(shit infested), and i'd be happy if they would grow and grow indefinitely, beyond a semi-hobby.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ballroompirate

@Lucianu said:

Also, this thread is nice. At this point, i honestly expected the staff to let the forums die out and focus solely on the site, like i've seen happen in the past with other forums tied with popular sites. So this thread is a very welcome addition, and i definitely support the idea that Pedal to the Metal should have the spotlight.

I know how hard it can be to keep a project going with passion, especially now wen the forums are what they are(shit infested), and i'd be happy if they would grow and grow indefinitely, beyond a semi-hobby.

They really shouldn't have taken away a lot of functions, like Unions and the User blog spotlight on the front page. I told em before they changed to the new format they're gonna piss off a lot of people and looked what happened.

Hopefully they can do some positive changes in a decent amount of time before the damage is un fixable cause I love this site, it's been the number one forum I've posted on since 2005.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

I suggest we have a new talk show.

And we shall call it, Sweenix & Friends

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Well I came to say something about P2M too but I guess I was severely beaten :P Would like to see that get promoted further though seen as it was dicked over in the sticky department

I guess with the new consoles supporting screen captures more than ever before this is a good idea cos people can unload pics here, or their short clips that they've captured. I mean I have plenty of videos I could post and share but I don't wanna spam the place

@Sweenix said:

Except you have no friends....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheEroica  Moderator

@Sweenix: come on p2m sometime... We'll let you run the show. :)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:
@Sweenix said:

Except you have no friends....

This is content worth sharing.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 digitaldame

@Bigboi500: Working on it, we've added 10 new moderators last week to help with the forums and comments of the site. We'll be adding more soon, if you know anyone feel free to let me know.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@DigitalDame:

Every day people tell me "You know what Conan? As such a polite young man and solid pillar of our community, I think you'd be an OUTSTANDING mod." Seriously, they all say the same thing word for word.

I usually just blush at my monitor and say "Oh you silly guys"... but maybe they're on to something?