Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@the6millionlies said:

Why is it only the advantage at lower resolution with high FPS but at higher resolutions at 60fps the series X is more solid ? That video at higher resolution the PS5 version drops frames more often.

Both are solid on this one at 60FPS which should not even be possible considering people here claim 30 to 40% gap.

At lower resolution the CPU hit is harder because you are running much faster frames, this is a fact on PC as well, so the problem we are seeing with the series X is probably a CPU one.

But even at 60FPS in other games they are extremely close.

Avatar image for the6millionlies
The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#52 The6millionLies
Member since 2020 • 564 Posts

@gamingisbad: Hey plop spencer so you bought a ps5 to play a mode that is 1080p at120fps? The modes that matter are the 4K modes which the Xbox Series X is always winning , the PS5 drops more often frames and the Series X still locked or minimum drops.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 GamingIsBad
Member since 2020 • 92 Posts

@the6millionlies said:

@gamingisbad: Hey plop spencer so you bought a ps5 to play a mode that is 1080p at120fps? The modes that matter are the 4K modes which the Xbox Series X is always winning , the PS5 drops more often frames and the Series X still locked or minimum drops.

Regardless of whether I will buy a PS5 to play 1080p120fps, it doesn't change the fact that XSX seems to be CPU bottlenecked. This doesn't look so good if you think about how later games will get more demanding.

Also, it dropped 1 more frame than the XSX. Who the hell cares? This is an optimization problem. PS5 didn't get any optimization while XSX got all the optimizations thrown at it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tormentos

@the6millionlies said:

It doesn't win AC and it doesn't win this game either they are basically lock 60 on this one.

And i find lol worthy that you want to downplay 120FPS modes when is basically one of the sales angles MS has been pushing.

IN fact both fail to reach 4k, and the series X has less consistent frames in ACV and the xbox drops lower resolution wise.

The PS5 surely is punching above its weight.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The6millionLies

@gamingisbad: it drops more than one frame , lol how it got more optimization ? They got a deal with sony exclusive content and to promote the PS5 version , even the ads show captured on PS5, the Series X wouldnt be dropping frames on the 120 mode if it got more optimization.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The6millionLies

@tormentos: I am not downplaying the 120FPS mode 😠, I just hate the fact that in order to have 120 FPS on consoles , I have to play it at 1080p or 1440p, I might be spoiled by my brother computer too , I got used to play 4K / 60, I have a 4K TV that does 60 only and I don't plan to buy another TV just to play old gen resolutions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos

@the6millionlies said:

@tormentos: I am not downplaying the 120FPS mode 😠, I just hate the fact that in order to have 120 FPS on consoles , I have to play it at 1080p or 1440p, I might be spoiled by my brother computer too , I got used to play 4K / 60, I have a 4K TV that does 60 only and I don't plan to buy another TV just to play old gen resolutions.

Dude both machine are even failing at reaching 4k, in fact several games are already dynamic and barely hit 4k, 60FPS at 4k in some games is to much for this machines.

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GamingIsBad

It seems XSX is missing smoke effects from the gun. Check :35 and 2:38 in the video.

So PS5 has better frame rates and more effects. LOL. POWAH OF DAH 12 TF!!! Slowbox Bottleneck X is a disaster.

@the6millionlies said:

@gamingisbad: it drops more than one frame , lol how it got more optimization ? They got a deal with sony exclusive content and to promote the PS5 version , even the ads show captured on PS5, the Series X wouldnt be dropping frames on the 120 mode if it got more optimization.

Check the spreadsheet. It is literally only 1 frame. Also, the XSX is just an off-the-shelf console. It's highly unlikely that what we're seeing is not all that it can do.

PS5, on the other hand, has custom parts like its geometry engine that have yet to be utilized by 3rd parties. PS5 has more room for better performance while XSX has shown us all that it can do.

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 The6millionLies

@gamingisbad: Ok Plop just one frame ... Do you realize the Xbox SX has a geometry engine too?

GamingIsBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GamingIsBad

@the6millionlies said:

@gamingisbad: Ok Plop just one frame ... Do you realize the Xbox SX has a geometry engine too?

You're probably the only person who plays CoD for the campaign. LOL... 120 FPS is more important for multiplayer. SlowBox Bottleneck X is the worst place to play multiplats this gen. =)

Also, SlowBox BottleNeck X's geometry engine is off-the-shelf. PS5's is customized and has higher potential. =)

SlowBox Bottleneck X is missing smoke effects. LAWL

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By The6millionLies

@gamingisbad: The multiplayer at high resolution and 60FPS is steady too , what are you talking about Plop_Spencer? You are like those sony fanboys saying PS5 has RDNA3 features and games will look better than on Xbox SX and PC😂?

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@the6millionlies: An alt of an alt .. I wonder how deep the alts go with this one (GIB=Plop=????)

The6millionLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The6millionLies

@regnaston: I know is him because he insult me the same way plop spencer does

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@the6millionlies: I agree .. and I think Plop is an alt of someone else who I wont name because it will probably bring him out of the woodwork :D

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tormentos

Here is a little thing to entertain some of the poster crying, and hiding on bad API or early developer kit.

If the PS5 has 5 or 10% frame advantage from time to time on performance mode at 120FPS, your new developer kit not only need to improve 10% it has to improve 20% in order to get that same advantage the PS5 is having.

Hell if we talk about the whole 30% gap that many claimed here, the series X dev kit would need to improve 40% to have a 30% gain materialize, i don't see any dev kit pulling that.

Prepare your self for a super close gereneration.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#67 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69488 Posts

@tormentos said:

Here is a little thing to entertain some of the poster crying, and hiding on bad API or early developer kit.

If the PS5 has 5 or 10% frame advantage from time to time on performance mode at 120FPS, your new developer kit not only need to improve 10% it has to improve 20% in order to get that same advantage the PS5 is having.

Hell if we talk about the whole 30% gap that many claimed here, the series X dev kit would need to improve 40% to have a 30% gain materialize, i don't see any dev kit pulling that.

Prepare your self for a super close gereneration.

You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. The last time it didn't work out for you.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@Pedro: how are you coping with the weaker XSX?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pedro

@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: how are you coping with the weaker XSX?

Benji, you need to calm down.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos

@Pedro said:

You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand. The last time it didn't work out for you.

Tell me that again when your 32% power gap prediction in favor of the series X materialize.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

Tell me that again when your 32% power gap prediction in favor of the series X materialize.

You still trying to hold on to that after you owned yourself with my quote?

No Caption Provided

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1346 Posts

The game looks great on both consoles, and I am glad they have cross play as an option, although I’d like to be able to filter out PC players.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@the6millionlies said:

It's more or less the norm of the games now. Upscaling from 1080p or 1440p to 4K is just more efficient on the consoles/PC than native 4K resolution (at least until the next GPU gen comes) for more fps stability. Nvidia already has DLSS on a good 20+ games and I imagine with RDNA 2 and AMD they are gonna do the same.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos

@Pedro said:

The only self own was yours next time don't make shitty predictions out of fanboysm.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@tormentos said:
@Pedro said:

The only self own was yours next time don't make shitty predictions out of fanboysm.

Unlike you, I didn't make a claim about RDR 2 loading in 2 seconds but gave a performance range, which you quoted and OWNED yourself....off my quote.

No Caption Provided

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro:

You make a prediction of 32% and nows is - 30% in ACV.

Now lets wait and see if the TIDE change. 😂😂😂