Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare isn't coming to Wii U

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare isn't coming to Wii U

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08/20/shgames-confirms-advanced-warfare-wont-be-coming-to-the-wii-u/

Nintendo continues to be in tight spot due to losing key 3rd party support daily.It's going to be hard for Nintendo to a launch a new console in the future without any support.The first party games offer quality but those aren't going to come out every month and lack of 3rd party will create drought on the machine.

If COD of all games isn't coming to the Wii u, that pretty much signifies the end of major third party releases on the platform. Ubisoft isn't supporting it, EA isn't supporting it, and now Activision isn't supporting it.

Looks like Wii U will have new game every 2-4 month. So... Wii U will have only Mario and Zelda.

Hyrule Warriors - 26. september

Bayonetta 2 - October

Super Smash Bros for Wii U - October

Those are the only games for 2014.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

I guess I'm not missing much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

It's not coming to my PC either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I don't blame them, it's pointless for third parties to bring their games to Wii U at this point.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Looks like Wii U will have new game every 2-4 month. So... Wii U will have only Mario and Zelda.

Hyrule Warriors - 26. september

Bayonetta 2 - October

Super Smash Bros for Wii U - October

Those are the only games for 2014.

Hi! That's not contradicting in the slightest. :roll:

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

It isn't coming to any system I own because I am not buying it.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#7 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Maybe if they'd stop releasing them with missing features and announcing them so late, they'd sell better.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker got delayed. That one should have caused an uproar. I was devastated.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker got delayed. That one should have caused an uproar. I was devastated.

Sucks.

Expected to play this during Christmas holidays :(

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Damn. I was going to buy WiiU just to play Advanced Warfare and other 3rd party games. I'm devastated.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

One of the worlds BIGGEST multiplatform and selling game is not coming on the Wii U shows how redundant and poor it is.
The previous COD games on Nintendo machines have missed content, dlc's, updates and missed features but were all available elsewhere.
Even the Number of people playing COD Online for the Wii was like a few hundred, globally, soon after release.

Hopefully the developers can make the game a better experience for PS4/X1/PC users as they dont have to pull in resources to make a cheap and weak Wii U version.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Pretty predictable.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

oh well...bye call of duty...i got 6 good years out of it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

More surprised at what 3rd party games are coming to system.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Make threads when the WiiU is getting an actual third party game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Multiplats matter. If the average buyer likes some Nintendo games but wants to play big releases like COD, alien isolation, arkham, etc it is bad that the platform doesn't get them.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

In other news, water makes you wet.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

water

I think that another word would have been more appropriate in this context.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@farrell2k said:

I just don't really care. Exclusive games are the only reason to own any console in the first place. Not one other company matches Nintendo's quality of games. It should be obvious to everyone that people buy Nintendo systems to play Nintendo games. It has been that way for many years, and is not likely to change. Multiplats are best played on a PC. Owning a console to play multiplats is like taking a bath in dirty water.

Most game systems have an attach rate of 6 or 7 for their entire life-cycle. The minority here may own more games than that, but the majority absolutely does not. Having 5 or 6 games per year is good enough for me, as long as they are high quality Nintendo releases. The only game I am buying this year for the WiiU is Captain Toad.

Makes no sense. Why do the other systems get multiplats then if nobody is interested in them and they also have poor rates? Obviously Nintendo consoles in general have had low attach rates for a very long time now. This is exacerbated by the fact that people only buy Nintendo games on the platform. If the overall attach rate is broken down further, it gets even uglier for 3rd parties. It's obviously not NEARLY as poor on the other platforms.

Soccer mom's will just buy Nintendo platform and a couple of Nintendo games. The vast bulk of gamers want to buy all the multiplats on their console as well as key exclusives - at least if it is going to be their main platform for gaming and entertainment. This is exactly why Nintendo Wii-U is failing, it is NOT satisfactory as a primary platform. It is only good as a companion to a PC or PS4.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Derivative annual FPS ripping mechanics from Titanfall not coming to Wii U, should be the headline.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

From what I read it may still come to the console, but it won't be developed by treyarch or sledgehammer games.Activision also has not talked about this game being ported to wiiu yet.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Why would they just throw their money away like that anyway?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Honestly I think a lot has to do with next year's Call of Duty being the Treyarch game and them being focused on it now. Since they're the ones that work on Nintendo ports I can see them focusing all their resources on the next game.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

What a shame. Predictable, but nonetheless, a Shame.

3rd party games is needed on WiiU right now, and it's the reason why its so unappealing to most gamers. Sheep can brag about the exclusives, but they can only do so much for the short term. And what about those that only have a WiiU and are not PC gamers or PS/MS owners? And I don't mean those Dance Dance gamers.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@MonsieurX: You never are.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NFJSupreme

@M8ingSeezun said:

What a shame. Predictable, but nonetheless, a Shame.

3rd party games is needed on WiiU right now, and it's the reason why its so unappealing to most gamers. Sheep can brag about the exclusives, but they can only do so much for the short term. And what about those that only have a WiiU and are not PC gamers or PS/MS owners? And I don't mean those Dance Dance gamers.

they made a very uninformed decision on the console they decided to buy.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I don't see why anyone should care. If you bought a Wii U to play multiplats, you're doing it wrong.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Sword-Demon: Trouble is, this is just a weak excuse. The reason it's not selling is because fewer and fewer people are finding reasons to buy a Nintendo console and it's stuff like this which matters to people.

I've heard all the usual fanboy cliches used in this thread so far. "Water makes you wet" and "pretty predictable". As if this is so obvious. Nintendo has many CODs going back a while, so this IS news. Even on the underpowered wii they had a version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare. As this is another cross gen title this is doubly surprising as they could port it if they wanted. There's no real barrier other than the cost vs reward.

"I never wanted it anyway". Just like you never wanted Assassins Creed. Or Batman. Or FIFA. Or GTA. Or The Witcher. I could go on and on. This is said every time a game is announced for all platforms other than wii u. It's a face saving lie.

"This is trash anyway". See above. Just like Assassins Creed. Or Batman. Or FIFA. Or GTA. Or The Witcher are all trash. Every game in a similar position is trash, no matter how valued the series or credibility it has, suddenly becomes "trash" because presumably, instead of buying FIFA you'd rather have another Mario Strikers.

"Exclusives are all that matters". NO. This one is hilarious. Exclusives or multis only matter between consoles of two similar libraries. If you're talking about a console you own, only the whole library matters. All my fave games of the outgoing gen were multiplatforms. Because some of the biggest names in the business like Rockstar put lots of money in and want to justify it by spreading their incoming revenue about. Nintendo being the only developer who matters is another lie you tell yourself to save face. It's not remotely true, it has never been true, and it has never been close to the truth. And a game is a game no matter what the origin. Multiplats, exclusives, just words. Doesn't matter when you fire a game up. IF you can on your console.

"I'm not missing much". Oh, you are. Because this isn't the only game you're missing. Nintendo gimped the system, the fans never supported the games they needed to, and now it's getting a release a month and a half if you are very lucky. Not exactly what I'd call a savvy investment for the price they charged for the system. You're missing a lot. Shadows of Mordor, which you don't want, AC Rogue/Unity, which you don't want, Dragon Age Inquisition, which you don't want, Far Cry 4, which you don't want. At least you have Sonic Boom to keep you amused for two minutes.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Even if it did, I would be more keen to buy it on 5 other platforms before considering the Wii U version.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Nintendo don't care about getting third party support.

Nintendo fans don't want it either.

And I have other systems to play those games.

The only part that's any way surprising or annoying is the bullshit lies they put about near the start of the gen about getting third party support. They secured what, a dozen last gen ports and one or two big names like Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs, and then it all disappeared again. I know what's up with Nintendo systems so I wasn't fooled, but it bothers me that some gamers might have fooled, enjoyed top quality (albeit last gen) games like Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed IV, and were expecting that to continue.

If you can't even get COD or FIFA on a system, there's literally no way it could ever, ever be a stand alone machine.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@locopatho: the thing is Nintendo made the mistake of listening to gamers. Cows and lemmings told Nintendo they would buy Nintendo if there was better third party support. Not only did none of them purchase the console, the people purchasing the console didn't buy any third party games.

It's not Nintendo stopping third party support. It's gamers not buying or playing games that is ending the third party support.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

Would've sucked anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'm confused, was it ever announced to be coming to the Wii U?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@charizard1605: Some Call of Duty games weren't officially announced for the Wii until nearly a week or two before launch if I recall.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NFJSupreme

It's hard to decide who has botched this gen more, Nintendo or Microsoft?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 super600  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

I'm confused, was it ever announced to be coming to the Wii U?

It was never announced for the WiiU. No one knows if activision is really going to release a WiiU version of the game yet. Sledgehammer just talked about activision making decsions about that version of the game.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@prawephet said:

@locopatho: the thing is Nintendo made the mistake of listening to gamers. Cows and lemmings told Nintendo they would buy Nintendo if there was better third party support. Not only did none of them purchase the console, the people purchasing the console didn't buy any third party games.

It's not Nintendo stopping third party support. It's gamers not buying or playing games that is ending the third party support.

Their 3rd party support consisted of years late and/or shoddy ports of last gen games. I wasn't rebuying Mass Effect 3 or Darksiders or Batman. I bought, played and own those games for my 360. So did everyone else (on Xbox, PS or PC). Nor was I buying the worst version of Assassin's Creed IV, yes worse than the 360/PS3 versions.

I DID buy Rayman for WiiU. It was a NEW game and was BETTER than last gen versions. I WILL buy third party games on WiiU if they are:

1. New

2. Quality

Look at Watchdogs. I was excited to get that for WiiU, because of the tablet suiting the gameplay. Well, it's not getting it til half a year after the others (if ever) and smart money says it'll look/run at 360 level or worse. So why would I buy it?

Making the most short lived, half hearted effort possible and then shrugging and shouting "TOLD YOU SO" when gamers were rightfully unimpressed is bullshit. Pretending that gamers should have been rebuying old ports on a new console instead of hanging out in the 7th gen and playing GTAV and Bioshock and Far Cry 3 last year is bullshit. If Nintendo bother to secure anything close to the lineup of third party games that Xbox, PS and PC all take for granted... that's when gamers will give a dam.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#40  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@charizard1605: Some Call of Duty games weren't officially announced for the Wii until nearly a week or two before launch if I recall.

I see. I just figured, it was never announced to be coming to the Wii U, so that was pretty clear right there that it wouldn't be.

@super600 said:

It was never announced for the WiiU. No one knows if activision is really going to release a WiiU version of the game yet. Sledgehammer just talked about activision making decsions about that version of the game.

Yeah, dude, I don't know, they've pretty much said 'no we're not bringing it to Wii U,' I think that's pretty clear.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Call of Duty went to shit after the West-Zampella fisaco, Black Ops sucked, MW3 sucked. I gave up on it after that. I played every COD game over the years strictly for the SP campaign, but in later years the SP aspect of the games just became an after thought, almost as if they thought of where they wanted some cool MP maps first and figured out how to make a SP game around that.

Some people will argue it went to shit after COD:MW, I don't agree with that, the SP campaign to World At War was great, and the SP campaign of MW2 was unique to COD4:MW by a wide margin. Only people that can say they are too similar are people who don't touch the SP and only play MP, which is a lot. I've looked at lots of other users achievements over the years and many will have a ton of MP achievements but don't even have the most basic SP achievements; so yeah, I can see where people who say MW2 is a copy and past job of MW are coming from, they don't play the SP.

Anyhow, yeah, the series has been dead to me since Blops and MW3. I totally skipped Blops 2 and Ghost and don't even regret it. I could care less whether it's coming to the Wii U.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

@Sword-Demon: Trouble is, this is just a weak excuse. The reason it's not selling is because fewer and fewer people are finding reasons to buy a Nintendo console and it's stuff like this which matters to people.

I've heard all the usual fanboy cliches used in this thread so far. "Water makes you wet" and "pretty predictable". As if this is so obvious. Nintendo has many CODs going back a while, so this IS news. Even on the underpowered wii they had a version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare. As this is another cross gen title this is doubly surprising as they could port it if they wanted. There's no real barrier other than the cost vs reward.

"I never wanted it anyway". Just like you never wanted Assassins Creed. Or Batman. Or FIFA. Or GTA. Or The Witcher. I could go on and on. This is said every time a game is announced for all platforms other than wii u. It's a face saving lie.

"This is trash anyway". See above. Just like Assassins Creed. Or Batman. Or FIFA. Or GTA. Or The Witcher are all trash. Every game in a similar position is trash, no matter how valued the series or credibility it has, suddenly becomes "trash" because presumably, instead of buying FIFA you'd rather have another Mario Strikers.

"Exclusives are all that matters". NO. This one is hilarious. Exclusives or multis only matter between consoles of two similar libraries. If you're talking about a console you own, only the whole library matters. All my fave games of the outgoing gen were multiplatforms. Because some of the biggest names in the business like Rockstar put lots of money in and want to justify it by spreading their incoming revenue about. Nintendo being the only developer who matters is another lie you tell yourself to save face. It's not remotely true, it has never been true, and it has never been close to the truth. And a game is a game no matter what the origin. Multiplats, exclusives, just words. Doesn't matter when you fire a game up. IF you can on your console.

"I'm not missing much". Oh, you are. Because this isn't the only game you're missing. Nintendo gimped the system, the fans never supported the games they needed to, and now it's getting a release a month and a half if you are very lucky. Not exactly what I'd call a savvy investment for the price they charged for the system. You're missing a lot. Shadows of Mordor, which you don't want, AC Rogue/Unity, which you don't want, Dragon Age Inquisition, which you don't want, Far Cry 4, which you don't want. At least you have Sonic Boom to keep you amused for two minutes.

You were spot on in every way possible.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#43 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

It's not coming to my PC either.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NFJSupreme

@DocSanchez: I say this every time and will keep saying it till I'm blue in the face because some people here still don't get it. Exclusives are great and the good ones can be system sellers but EVERYONE plays multiplats. By alienating third-party Nintendo basically has alienated 75% of the gaming population. The same thing happened with the wii last gen but the cult success among non gamers blinded Nintendo to what was really happening.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By super600  Moderator

@charizard1605 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I see. I just figured, it was never announced to be coming to the Wii U, so that was pretty clear right there that it wouldn't be.

@super600 said:

Yeah, dude, I don't know, they've pretty much said 'no we're not bringing it to Wii U,' I think that's pretty clear.

Sledgehammer said no no WiiU that was activision decision. They aren;t developing the WiiU version of the game if it exists so I do not think they are privy to that kinda of info since activision may be handling it if it exists. They also said treyarch may not be developing that version of the game.What they said is kinda confusing so we have to wait for what activision says about this.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

More bad news for the WiiU.

Sucks....I want one....probably will get one when they are dirt cheap and worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@DocSanchez: I say this every time and will keep saying it till I'm blue in the face because some people here still don't get it. Exclusives are great and the good ones can be system sellers but EVERYONE plays multiplats. By alienating third-party Nintendo basically has alienated 75% of the gaming population. The same thing happened with the wii last gen but the cult success among non gamers blinded Nintendo to what was really happening.

Yup. Pretty much.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48  Edited By Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Well that's a shame. Just when I was considering getting it this year. May not bother now.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Basinboy said:

Even if it did, I would be more keen to buy it on 5 other platforms before considering the Wii U version.

This is another problem that hurts multiplat sales on Wii-U.

Wii-U versions haven't been substantial upgrades over even the PS3 or Xbox 360. At best it will be the 4th best version (after PC, PS4, XB1) - but for many games the Wii-U is even missing features compared to the last gen, so it actually ends up being the 5th or 6th best version. Therefore if a player has literally any other platform, they would probably buy the game there rather than Wii-U.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

Everytime when Nintendo multiplatform is not coming to Wii U, then Nintendo fanboys says: "This game is trash anyway" ; "Stupid game. Nobody cares" ; "Yeah. Nintendo is doing right thing. Sony and Microsoft are scared".

I don´t get it how Nintendo fanboys can protect Wii u like that a whole life???